Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:39:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed GC3355 5 Chip Setup/power/windows/linux/rpi by UnicornHasher  (Read 365535 times)
wolfey2014

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 08:08:28 PM

It just occurred to me. Wouldn't it be cool to have, as an option, all miners locally combined to equal one big hashing miner? What ever the number, you have them combined so they all receive work and report completed work 'yays' to the pool?
Instead of the pool seeing 10 different miners and combining and averaging them on that end, do it locally and have the pool see only 1 miner that is the equivalent of 10 hashers-hashing

lol, cgminer does this. That's why so many of us want to use cgminer and not 50 instances of cpuminer.  Roll Eyes

Can someone else using cgminer confirm this claim? lolololololololololrofllololteeheeheeheehee

Yes. I have all 20 of my gridseeds pointed at 1 instance of a built from source cgminer on ubuntu.

So are you solo mining or pool mining?
What does their end see? All 20 individual miners reporting hash rates and shares or...
only 1 instance / 1 miner reporting the sum total of hashes and shares of all 20 miners - AS ONE miner?

Please specify.
Thanks
w2014
I'm running on ScryptGuild.com as one worker. On the cgminer instance it shows each gridseed with it's hashrate. This is standard, like when you have any multiple of gpu, fpga, asics, ect. These are all connected via USB to one laptop running ubuntu.

Okay, thanks.
So the question still remains. Is it advantageous to do it that way or to have each miner reporting separately to the pool to there be added up and tallied?
I mean, is it more profitable to combine total hash rates etc. at the origin point (local) or at the receipt point? Or does it matter at either way?
Does one method make more money than the other?
That's the point of this discussion, after all Wink
Wolfey2014

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 08:09:39 PM

sure I get a few HW errors, but my reported hash rates are higher so I'll roll with it.

higher hash rates = more moolah!

moolah is good Wink

yes! maximum moolah!  Grin

jjj0923

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 08:13:25 PM

Okay, thanks.
So the question still remains. Is it advantageous to do it that way or to have each miner reporting separately to the pool to there be added up and tallied?
I mean, is it more profitable to combine total hash rates etc. at the origin point (local) or at the receipt point? Or does it matter at either way?
Wolfey2014

it's all going into the same wallet eventually so I don;t think there's any advantage to having a worked for each GS instance - unless you like to see the difference in has rates and it can be dramatic - I have 20 works set up for my 20 GS's and that has rates can run from 260 up to 415 sometimes.

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 08:26:14 PM

Okay, thanks.
Wolfey2014

it's all going into the same wallet eventually so I don;t think there's any advantage to having a worked for each GS instance - unless you like to see the difference in has rates and it can be dramatic - I have 20 works set up for my 20 GS's and that has rates can run from 260 up to 415 sometimes.

Right, thanks!
I can see the same results 'averaged out' on my litecoinpool.org gui. rates run anywhere from 238 on up to 545KH/s at any given time. Average for entire group (6) runs around 2130KH/s. I'm seeing averages per unit at round 400+ a lot of the time. So I'm good with it.
So it would seem that one method is not more profitable than the other, so far.
I wonder what others' experiences are though.
Anyone else want to chime in?
Wolfey2014

CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:36:31 PM

It just occurred to me. Wouldn't it be cool to have, as an option, all miners locally combined to equal one big hashing miner? What ever the number, you have them combined so they all receive work and report completed work 'yays' to the pool?
Instead of the pool seeing 10 different miners and combining and averaging them on that end, do it locally and have the pool see only 1 miner that is the equivalent of 10 hashers-hashing

lol, cgminer does this. That's why so many of us want to use cgminer and not 50 instances of cpuminer.  Roll Eyes

Can someone else using cgminer confirm this claim? lolololololololololrofllololteeheeheeheehee

Yes. I have all 20 of my gridseeds pointed at 1 instance of a built from source cgminer on ubuntu.

What does their end see? All 20 individual miners reporting hash rates and shares or...
only 1 instance / 1 miner reporting the sum total of hashes and shares of all 20 miners - AS ONE miner?

Please specify.
Thanks
w2014
LOL  Roll Eyes

usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:36:37 PM

Please specify.
Thanks
w2014
I'm running on ScryptGuild.com as one worker. On the cgminer instance it shows each gridseed with it's hashrate. This is standard, like when you have any multiple of gpu, fpga, asics, ect. These are all connected via USB to one laptop running ubuntu.

Okay, thanks.
Wolfey2014

I don't think it matters, shares are accumulated at the user level, not the worker level on all the pools im familiar with.
Most PPLNS pools try to discourage pool-hopping by spreading out the payout for shares over a broad timeframe (rounds).
Your earnings start small for any given hashrate because you don't have recent history, then over time (rounds) the earnings grow per share as long as you keep mining. If you go away and come back later, then you have to start over again building up the earnings.
I would think it's better to combine multiple GPU's and/or GSD's into "rigs" and assign a given rig as a "worker".
However, I can see that if you have 20-40 GSD's on as a single worker, it may be difficult to notice slight variations in performance indicating a possible issue with one or more GSDs.
If your "worker" houses (probably) 10 or less GSDs, then it would be easier to notice any variation in KH/s...
Just my 0.02BTC
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 08:42:31 PM

Okay, thanks.
Wolfey2014

Right, thanks!
I can see the same results 'averaged out' on my litecoinpool.org gui. rates run anywhere from 238 on up to 545KH/s at any given time. Average for entire group (6) runs around 2130KH/s. I'm seeing averages per unit at round 400+ a lot of the time. So I'm good with it.
Wolfey2014

Here is some very thoughtful and well-researched analysis of cgminer vs cpuminer pros and cons:

That's just a pitch to the unwary to sucker them into using cgminer. IMO, cgminer and bfdminer are still too much of a pain in the ars to use because they are line code intensive and you have to learn coding, albeit a somewhat higher language than assembly. Still, so much to memorise. Check the threads on them. You'll find tons of config errors, troubleshooting and very few are actually running stably with them, without having to babysit them.

Skip all that mess and just use cpuminer if you want to get up and running in minutes instead of hours ,,, or years Cheesy!!!

Scrap that other stuff and use this,, only... http://cryptomining-blog.com/?s=Download+cpuminer+for+Gridseed+5-chip+GC3355+ASICs+with+Reduced+Power+Usage

Good luck!
Wolfey2014
pjcltd
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 08:42:43 PM

just thought i would share this with you all
i have 18 Gridseed miners running on a Ras-pi
using a 49 port Hub

usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:45:08 PM

using a 49 port Hub

Nice, how many do think the RPI can handle? Can you get all 49 going at once? That would be almost 20MH/s from one rig...
pjcltd
Legendary

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 08:46:26 PM

using a 49 port Hub

Nice, how many do think the RPI can handle? Can you get all 49 going at once? That would be almost 20MH/s from one rig...

well i have 3 more coming in tomorrow

but from what i have read it should take 48 (i need 1 port to power the Ras-pi)
without any problems
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 09:11:52 PM

Okay, thanks.
Wolfey2014

Right, thanks!
Wolfey2014

Here is some very thoughtful and well-researched analysis of cgminer vs cpuminer pros and cons:

That's just a pitch to the unwary to sucker them into using cgminer. IMO, cgminer and bfdminer are still too much of a pain in the ars to use because they are line code intensive and you have to learn coding, albeit a somewhat higher language than assembly. Still, so much to memorise. Check the threads on them. You'll find tons of config errors, troubleshooting and very few are actually running stably with them, without having to babysit them.

Skip all that mess and just use cpuminer if you want to get up and running in minutes instead of hours ,,, or years Cheesy!!!

Scrap that other stuff and use this,, only... http://cryptomining-blog.com/?s=Download+cpuminer+for+Gridseed+5-chip+GC3355+ASICs+with+Reduced+Power+Usage

Good luck!
Wolfey2014

Thank you SuckMoon! Very helpful! .....  Roll Eyes

wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 09:15:16 PM

using a 49 port Hub

Nice! Got a link for that 49 port hub I can visit?
Is it working 100% stably?
Thanks
Wolfey2014

wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 09:18:50 PM

Please specify.
Thanks
w2014

Okay, thanks.
Wolfey2014

I don't think it matters, shares are accumulated at the user level, not the worker level on all the pools im familiar with.
Most PPLNS pools try to discourage pool-hopping by spreading out the payout for shares over a broad timeframe (rounds).
Your earnings start small for any given hashrate because you don't have recent history, then over time (rounds) the earnings grow per share as long as you keep mining. If you go away and come back later, then you have to start over again building up the earnings.
I would think it's better to combine multiple GPU's and/or GSD's into "rigs" and assign a given rig as a "worker".
However, I can see that if you have 20-40 GSD's on as a single worker, it may be difficult to notice slight variations in performance indicating a possible issue with one or more GSDs.
If your "worker" houses (probably) 10 or less GSDs, then it would be easier to notice any variation in KH/s...
Just my 0.02BTC

Thanks!
Very good and useful insight!
Wolfey2014

miaviator (OP)
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 09:22:03 PM

Which cgminer are you running on the Pi?

using a 49 port Hub

jamieb81

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:24:13 PM

Okay, thanks.
Wolfey2014

Right, thanks!
Wolfey2014

Good luck!
Wolfey2014

Good to know, as I'll have only 4/5 GS guess I'll just use cpuminer
pjcltd
Legendary

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 09:28:33 PM

using a 49 port Hub

Hi its 3.7.2 i got it from this thread
the Rpi is running Scripta Os
miaviator (OP)
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 09:35:44 PM

using a 49 port Hub

Well It's either the wheezy image I'm using or the pi won't do 10 instances.   Either way the pi just dies after launching 10 cgminer instances.

pjcltd
Legendary

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 09:37:56 PM

using a 49 port Hub

Well It's either the wheezy image I'm using or the pi won't do 10 instances.   Either way the pi just dies after launching 10 cgminer instances.

err why are you running 10 instances ??
and the image is not wheezy HuhHuh? what ever that is

pjcltd
Legendary

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 09:46:23 PM

another pic
its real honest

pjcltd
Legendary

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 09:53:44 PM

using a 49 port Hub

Nice! Got a link for that 49 port hub I can visit?
Is it working 100% stably?
Thanks
Wolfey2014

Hi yes its only the
Asicminer 49 PORT USB HUB for asic miners
here one on ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Asicminer-49-PORT-USB-HUB-for-asic-miners-or-charging-multiple-ipads-40-amp-/191099868689?pt=US_USB_Cables_Hubs_Adapters&hash=item2c7e709611
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: