Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:43:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival! KGW, POS/POW hybrid [TRADING ON CRYPTSY]  (Read 51743 times)
icecube45 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:01:35 AM

Tompool.org pool is updated to the latest GLX fork Smiley

Woohoo
soopy452000
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 02:09:57 AM

We need atleast 10 more nodes with the updated client. Smiley

Working/Online Times
04:00:00 GMT - 12:00:00 GMT / 00:00:00 EDT - 08:00:00 EDT

Coin Developments & Contributions 1. SherlockCoin (SHC) (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=454981) 2. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , Community Backed Development! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469464) 3. [ANN][66][New Maintainer] ★Coin 66★ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493987) 4. [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival!-FORK AT BLOCK 255145, KGW, RANDOM BLOCK REWARDS (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495693) 5. [RESURRECTION] Taking Astrocoin to the Moon,KGW Implemented + HARD FORK AT 17520 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516549 6. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Electric back to the grid, Community Backed Development! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514790
Spekske

Activity: 673
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 07:43:09 AM

FYI, I was able to use the zip to get a FreeBSD (64 bit) compile of the new client kickstarted. Had no luck syncing until I downloaded the correct blockchain.
Please share your info, are you running the qt-client or galaxycoind ? How did you get the zip file contents to be accepted on the FreeBSD system ?

*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:27:32 AM

Is that 0.5% annual interest or interest in 5-15 days?

Is that 0.5% annual interest or interest in 5-15 days??
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:17:07 PM

FYI, I was able to use the zip to get a FreeBSD (64 bit) compile of the new client kickstarted. Had no luck syncing until I downloaded the correct blockchain.
Please share your info, are you running the qt-client or galaxycoind ? How did you get the zip file contents to be accepted on the FreeBSD system ?

Just galaxycoind. Didn't have to do anything, the (Windows generated?) database file appears to be binary compatible with my FreeBSD client. I am actually surprised to hear that there would be a conflict across platforms.

Are you unzipping the archive into the correct directory? It needs to be your "datadir" - same directory as your wallet.dat

cd /path/to/datadir
unzip galaxycoinblockchain.zip
/path/to/galaxycoind -datadir=/path/to/datadir/ &
Spekske

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 04:40:46 PM

Just galaxycoind. Didn't have to do anything, the (Windows generated?) database file appears to be binary compatible with my FreeBSD client. I am actually surprised to hear that there would be a conflict across platforms.

Are you unzipping the archive into the correct directory? It needs to be your "datadir" - same directory as your wallet.dat

cd /path/to/datadir
I'm running Ubuntu 12.04. I have tried the solution you describe but galaxycoind exits with the message it can't load blkindex.dat.

ckoeber

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:03:49 PM

cd /path/to/datadir
I'm running Ubuntu 12.04. I have tried the solution you describe but galaxycoind exits with the message it can't load blkindex.dat.

Try this:

Code:
cd /path/to/datadir
/path/to/galaxycoind -loadblock=/path/to/datadir/blk0001.dat --datadir=/path/to/datadir/ [[Additional Commands Here]]
Spekske

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 07:15:57 PM

cd /path/to/datadir

Try this:

Code:
cd /path/to/datadir
/path/to/galaxycoind -loadblock=/path/to/datadir/blk0001.dat --datadir=/path/to/datadir/ [[Additional Commands Here]]
Finally figured it out, it is a file permission problem, if I run 'sudo galaxycoind' it does work, somehow the default user is not given the correct permissions to the files included in the zip file. It remains a mystery to me why this only happens with this specific daemon, I am running a p2pool server and none of the other daemons have these issues, so still worth looking into Smiley The good news is that since my poolserver is up 24x7 you can add my node 87.209.206.80 to the list of nodes on the correct fork/chain  Grin

ckoeber

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:57:02 PM

Finally figured it out, it is a file permission problem, if I run 'sudo galaxycoind' it does work, somehow the default user is not given the correct permissions to the files included in the zip file. It remains a mystery to me why this only happens with this specific daemon, I am running a p2pool server and none of the other daemons have these issues, so still worth looking into Smiley The good news is that since my poolserver is up 24x7 you can add my node 87.209.206.80 to the list of nodes on the correct fork/chain  Grin

Excellent!
ckoeber

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:12:11 PM

OK, folks; the list of folks on the new client is around 40%.

Much better than yesterday but still not quite there yet.

I will be posting some helpful bits for folks who still may be having trouble updating shortly.
Spekske

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 08:17:34 PM

OK, folks; the list of folks on the new client is around 40%.

Much better than yesterday but still not quite there yet.

I will be posting some helpful bits for folks who still may be having trouble updating shortly.
Maybe also a good idea to update the first post in this thread with the correct nodes in the sample galaxycoin.conf

ckoeber

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:35:53 PM

Maybe also a good idea to update the first post in this thread with the correct nodes in the sample galaxycoin.conf

Seconded; icecube45 can you do this soon??
ckoeber

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:37:21 PM

Script for installing GalaxyCoin 2.0 daemons on Linux Hosts

Link here: http://galaxypool.chriskoeber.com/galaxycoinlinux.sh

You can easily execute this script on any Bash shell with the following code (running as root or other user with appropriate permissions):

Code:
wget -O galaxycoinlinux.sh http://galaxypool.chriskoeber.com/galaxycoinlinux.sh
chmod +x galaxycoinlinux.sh
./galaxycoinlinux.sh

You will also be presented with the option of downloading the correct blockchain, etc.

Follow all directions. Verified to work under Gentoo Linux but once I get verification from others on different platforms I will update where appropriate.
ckoeber

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:45:32 AM

Is that 0.5% annual interest or interest in 5-15 days??

The latter; 5-15 day interest. Sometimes a little longer depending on block movement but nowhere near a year.
icecube45 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:59:55 AM

Seconded; icecube45 can you do this soon??

I'm back guys, will do that now
ckoeber

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:10:15 AM

Instructions for installing and syncing the new GalaxyCoin 2.0 client wallets on Windows 7 and 8.1 Systems.

Windows 7

Video: http://galaxypool.chriskoeber.com/NewClientInstructions-Win7.mp4

Windows 8

Video: http://galaxypool.chriskoeber.com/NewClientInstructions.mp4

Please get your wallets up to date Smiley
icecube45 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:22:40 AM

Main post updated with new information and instructions

EDIT: on a sidenote, I'd love a graphic artist to get in touch with me
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:25:48 AM

Is the coin completely revived or is still in zombie state?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
ckoeber

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:45:49 AM

Is the coin completely revived or is still in zombie state?

80% there Smiley

We still have Coinwars and the exchanges on the old fork/blockchain but we now have a solid pathway for everyone else to get on the new fork and blockchain.
supercodebunny

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:54:18 AM

Putting the early block chain as a zip file was pure genius. I am going to suggest that in every coin forum that I belong to.

when I ran  ./galaxycoinlinux.sh  the code did not compile. In fact, it deleted the code, after it downloaded it from git. At least there was nothing in the galycoin directory except for .git

I will post a page, and post in the forum, directions for getting it to build on debian, and ubuntu. It is really easy to build.

I had built the daemon from source, but it got hung on block 19000 something. I am assuming there was a fork there, and a lot of old servers are posting orphan nodes. The zip file was magic. Now it all works.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: