Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:08:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BSV] [Bitcoin SV] Original Satoshi Vision  (Read 225832 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1596 posts by 1 users with 340 merit deleted.)
jamespastagueule

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 05:12:49 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2019, 03:26:07 PM by mprep

Clean sound, accept my apologies.

This my personnal technique will be applicable to put in the Bitcoin SV blockchain for confidentiality or encryption purposes. Are you ready? For your patents! 

Consists of:

Step > doc, picture, information txt or .exe > zip encoding + password > GIF incrementation > sha 256d overencoding > Timechain BSV dematerialization = Security encrypted storage in all BSV nodes.

|---Windows 98 to 2032 Holo Editions ------------>

I called this "swap steganography encryption". Here's how to do the same by hiding a compressed archive in ZIP format and an image in GIF format, without using third-party software. Note that for added security, your ZIP archive can even be protected with a password.

The simple Windows Copy command will allow you to integrate a ZIP archive (with the files you want inside) into a GIF image. For other users, your file will have the appearance and characteristics of an image.

When opening the image, it will be displayed normally. By opening the image with an archive manager like 7-Zip linked here (https://www.7-zip.org/), you can access its content and unzip your Zip file, which you can also protect with a password.

Step 1: Convert an image to GIF format

If you do not have a GIF image, the Paint software included in Windows will allow you to create it from a JPG image.
Click on the Start button, on All programs, on Accessories and then on Paint.

Click on the Paint menu and then click on Open.

Select on your hard disk the JPG image to convert to GIF and click Open.

The image is opened in Paint.

Click on Paint menu, move the mouse over Save As and click on Image in GIF format.

If you wish, change the name and path of the file and validate.

You now have a copy of your image in GIF format.

Next step: Embedding a ZIP file in a GIF image

To do this, you need a ZIP archive containing the files to be hidden and a GIF image to hide them inside. Note that for added security, your archive can be protected by a password. If you prefer, you can even encrypt your sensitive files before putting them in your archive.
At the root of your hard disk, create a folder, such as a "screencode" and put the archive in ZIP format and the image in GIF format that you want to merge into it.

Click on the Start button, enter the cmd command and confirm with Enter.

Open the folder where the GIF image and ZIP archive are located using the CD command followed by the name of the folder where your files are located. Confirm with Enter.

cd\screencode

Then enter the following command by replacing image.gif with the name of your image, documents.zip with the name of your ZIP archive and final.gif with the name of the final image, merge image and ZIP archive. Confirm with Enter.

copy /B image.gif+documents.zip final.gif

A new GIF image (final.gif) is created and integrates your ZIP archive in a hidden way. There is no indication that a file is hidden inside.

Next step: Retrieve the image and ZIP archive

You have transferred the image with the hidden archive to a friend and he wants to recover the archive. Here's how to do it.
First of all, the image is recognized as a real image at the system level. You can open it with a viewer or drawing software. Be careful, however, if the image is modified by a drawing software, your ZIP archive hidden inside will be lost.

To access the archive it contains, launch 7-Zip by clicking on the 7-Zip File Manager shortcut in the Start menu.

Browse your hard drive for the GIF file. Select it.

Then click on the Extract button.

Choose the folder where to decompress the archive. Finally click on OK.

If your archive is password protected, enter it and validate.

Now open the folder used for decompression: the ZIP archive files hidden in the image are present!

Nota: can be included in an automated program with a decoding interface for confidential applications or option including in Metanet interface broswer.

If you liked my innovation then i'm delighted, for this i assign my property rights to everyone including Satoshi Nakamoto.
I am stay open to your Airdrop

in Bitcoin Satoshi Vision [bsv] (the Best) BSV: 1Ke6Cvz53pNqt8sogNSR3Appsrmhqzj8gj
in Bitcoin BTC (the Old) BTC: bc1qtrd2lhpjjuk4m0vhz23k73ynajc6agmugukr2e

Kiss
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jamespastagueule

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 02:25:29 AM

Is she Cry XenoBlast magnetic pulse motor, i'll send it to you. https://ibb.co/h8nqGYc
jamespastagueule

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 02:31:40 AM

Roll Eyes maybe for sure
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2019, 11:46:57 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2019, 03:26:21 PM by mprep

One of the killer use cases?

https://mobile.twitter.com/KingLutron/status/1106403617739702272

Bitstagram sounds bit bumpy but works.

https://coingeek.com/steve-shadders-bitcoin-svs-128mb-blocks-proves-scaling-potential/

And scaling what the limits allow. Why so less ppl get that this'll be the most important task for global adoption of Bitcoin into a new highly secure protocol ( not low LN standard one) ??

Pls help me understand what happened to internet lovers, voting for bcore crap. I still don't get it.  Huh

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
jamespastagueule

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 01:39:27 PM

Pls help me understand what happened to internet lovers, voting for bcore crap. I still don't get it.  Huh

If you wanted to understand this, tell yourself that you are in a time of learning, maturity will come. The Internet is now in 2019 an outlet, like a parallel digital world where people believe they can do anything and know that they will go unpunished in almost all cases and sectors including crypto currencies.

jamespastagueule

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 01:42:55 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2019, 03:35:12 PM by jamespastagueule

Blockchain, A.I., I.O.T. Metanet, Quantum, Holograms, Sensor and other undisclosed communication technologies are the technological pioneers, which will define the foundations. Just like BSV and Metanet is concerned. You will have several decades of work and education. See the time wasted on social networks, could be used for other things than adrenaline from "tweet to like", time spent with family would be essential, time for work and family is a universal basis. You are your own slave. Be aware that there are still men and women who build the world knowingly, they are not all a lost cause but by pulling on the rope, the Internet may break, the blockchain but not.
KnyazED

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 02:09:51 PM

Blockchain, A.I., I.O.T. Metanet, Quantum, Holograms, Sensor and other undisclosed communication technologies are the technological pioneers, which will define the foundations. Just like BSV and Metanet is concerned. You will have several decades of work and education. See the time wasted on social networks, could be used for other things than adrenaline from "tweet to like", time spent with family would be essential, time for work and family is a universal basis. You are your own slave. Be aware that there are still men and women who build the world knowingly, they are not all a lost cause but by pulling on the rope, the Internet may break, the blockchain but not.

this Blockchain technology can not be destroyed. there are those, who come out of this process, there are those - who come. it moves in any case. because, I consider it a rather perspective and well thought out solution. the main thing, is that people understand the true value of this and began to use it for their own benefit
jamespastagueule

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 02:35:08 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2019, 03:34:46 PM by jamespastagueule

If you want to follow BSV's latest technical advances in detail then it's here:

The Bitcoin World (BSV) woke up on March 8 with exciting news. The nChain BSV Node team announced that it had successfully maintained an average block size of 128 MB on 144 blocks over a 24-hour period. We discussed the details with Steve Shadders, Director of Solutions and Engineering at nChain.

We started by talking about what this meant for both nChain and the BSV network. Shadders says:

"What this means and what convinced the SV team, without a shadow of a doubt, is that raising the block limits beyond what current software can handle will not tip the sky and will offer a real advantage. We have come to improve the software so that it can manage it for two reasons: 1. we are actually trying to exceed the old limits when performance changes are made and 2. This imposes a certain degree of healthy pressure on us to keep our eyes on the target, which is the ability to scale up. "

Now that we know that Bitcoin SV is able to manage these large blocks, what can we expect to see from companies and applications?

"Just having the capacity available now and giving application developers the assurance that we have a roadmap to ensure that the capacity will always be there will make a big difference for businesses and developers in this space. The good ideas that were previously put aside because they needed capacity are dusted off. The new possibilities of an evolving Bitcoin are also beginning to permeate the collective consciousness of Bitcoin application development communities and we are witnessing an explosion of creativity.

"Not all ideas resist, but even those that are not used to fuel new ideas. In a world where your idea is simply something that you may one day be able to do in the future if a group of computer scientists agree to change a limit, there is not much motivation to get up from bed and build it now. This is no longer the case and ideas can only become reality days or weeks after the first spark of creativity. ”

Let's talk more about how this was done. Did the team do this with the new node software, from the existing version of BSV 0.1.1.1?

"The Scaling Test Network (STN) is a combination of the latest stable version software (v0.1.1) and various development versions with various new performance features. This allows us to test the impact of some of these features in a relatively controlled way. In addition to checking for interoperability issues with the stable version.

"The Bitcoin network is a living entity with many complex interactions governing its behaviour. It is therefore important to have a little diversity of software versions in order to be able to reproduce these interactions."

Do you think that the success of the test is based on these "laboratory conditions"? Do you think this will happen on the network?

"There is certainly an element of laboratory conditions since we use the TNC to conduct research on scaling up behaviours related to the bitcoin network. Sometimes we test a very specific problem and we will see different side effects due to the choice of the mechanism used to load the network.

"I therefore think it is reasonable to expect that the main network will always lag behind the STN network by a few months in terms of scalability. Which is as it should be. The STN is intended for research and advanced code. The main network aims for stability. The TNC is also a tool to improve this stability. Not just by looking for new ways to cross the boundaries. But by providing an environment to test what are the safe limits for the main network. ”

How long before we can see this result in a real world test?

It is difficult to gauge accurately. But what matters most to Mainnet is that its supply capacity remains at least an order of magnitude in relation to demand. We therefore have the ability to manage peak demand in the short term without affecting the user, as we often see on BTC (Bitcoin Core). We are currently seeing steady and steady growth due to the size of the transactions and steady but slower growth due to the volume of transactions. At the moment, we have a very large margin of safety. And while I expect to see the rate of growth in Mainnet's growth, we are improving software capacity at a rate fast enough to stay well ahead of the curve.

When do you think we could see the block size increase to 512 MB?

When we talk about 512 MB block size limits, we need to establish what the increase in this limit unlocks. There are two types of block sizes that interest us. Intermittent peaks and sustained flow. Intermittent peaks may be expected rarely but can be 10 or even 50 times the size of the supported block size. We already have 128 MB on the STN for both peaks and maintained for 36 hours. And since we had a 108 MB block on the network with an earlier version of the software that did not benefit from some performance improvements, it is not an exaggeration to think that the network can reach 128 MB at this time. Even if 128 MB of supported space is not yet available, the size of the block should not limit larger peaks.

I therefore believe that the TNC limit should be increased to at least 512MB for the time being. And that the Bitcoin SV ecosystem must start planning a minor protocol upgrade in the coming months to increase the maximum block size on the main network.

Sourcing of interview: https://coingeek.com/steve-shadders-bitcoin-svs-128mb-blocks-proves-scaling-potential/

512 will allow to place a good number of transactions in a block it is interesting! I wonder what is the value of Visa, Amex and Mastercard in equivalence transfers?
jamespastagueule

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 03:15:39 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2019, 03:34:30 PM by jamespastagueule

I'll look into it, when's your next jump coef?
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2019, 03:47:35 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2019, 03:26:35 PM by mprep

Pre version analysis

https://news.bitcoin.com/satoshis-pre-release-bitcoin-code-contains-some-fascinating-findings/

https://coingeek.com/steve-shadders-bitcoin-svs-128mb-blocks-proves-scaling-potential/
And scaling what the limits allow. Why so less ppl get that this'll be the most important task for global adoption of Bitcoin into a new highly secure protocol ( not low LN standard one) ??

Scaling up is one step; Many undiscovered steps, people themselves do not know the possibilities of the blockchain. It is still a young technology the impact caused by "maintained blocks" is as if you were trying to "explained what is railway to ants" in the head of a generalized standard audience.

They invest in others because others bait them at 80% with "providential gains", "flash trades ultra rapid" and other "income guarantees" through tweeting, fake websites, written words and other banner ads... There are however "valid" projects, but the culture of individualism is too strong, no talent consortium currently because the deep approach is not really accessible on research itself, at least not yet, economic attraction is what makes a huge brain waste. However, tomorrow's allies may be your enemies today. It all depends on the evolution of everyone.

Scaling up from hobby version is most important if u want to go for global protocols and want any recognition and help by different groups and ppl.

Expectation management is absolutely a thing that decides about success or failure.

So Bitcoin is ready for years but got hit back 2 times now.  If its dna is anti fragile ( esp in case of removing any middle men, also Blockstream and Bitmain) bsv will be stronger than ever.

Get facts straight and look behind any social 'proofs'.

jamespastagueule

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 01:02:27 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2019, 03:26:49 PM by mprep

Looks like BSV now needs a new 'leader' ...

‘Bitcoin Creator’ Craig Wright “Satoshi Nakamoto” Deletes Twitter Account After Getting Heckled?

- https://cryptoslate.com/bitcoin-creator-craig-wright-satoshi-nakamoto-deletes-twitter-account-after-getting-heckled/

Roll Eyes

Extrapolation !

More baseless insinuations... Need for a "new leader".... You're overreacting!

Maybe he's tired of the countless idiots and bots that piss him off?! At least he's very patient because there are really a lot of idiots on social networks ! a good example in the previous pages.

It seems he's still teaching on Medium Network Smiley personally I think it's good that he's protecting himself from all these childish jerks...

Blockchain research and development firm nChain Group has announced that David Washburn will join its organization as Chief Executive Officer of its London-based nChain Limited.

Established in 2015, nChain’s mission is to enable massive growth of the bitcoin network – focusing on Bitcoin SV as the true bitcoin – and thus create dramatic increases in the value of Bitcoin SV. nChain has been researching and developing the ideas and concepts of its Chief Scientist, Dr. Craig S. Wright, who has been involved with bitcoin since 2009 and claims to be one of the earliest minds behind bitcoin.

Washburn, who holds a Ph.D in physiology and biophysics and has over 15 years of experience in capital markets, replaces Jimmy Nguyen as CEO. Nguyen has been appointed Chair of nChain’s Strategic Advisory Board and will also serve as the Founding President of the Bitcoin Association to help build the Bitcoin SV infrastructure and ecosystem.

“I am very impressed with nChain’s vast collection of patents and intellectual property rights that ensures it will continue to be at the forefront of blockchain performance for many years to come,” Washburn said. “The Bitcoin SV blockchain allows traditional banking enterprises — as well as a diverse range of businesses — with a more cost-effective and secure platform for executing transactions. It saves time and money, a foundational hallmark of any technological disruptor.”

nChain said that Washburn’s appointment further exemplifies the extraordinary growth and influence of blockchain technologies. nChain’s solutions provide the financial industry and a variety of other businesses with more efficient means to conduct transactions and greater digital security for assets.

“nChain’s professional service division has experienced significant growth over the last year, working with clients across financial services,” Nguyen said. “With the addition of David Washburn, we are looking to significantly scale and deliver value to all of our clients across the globe.”

Source: https://blocktribune.com/blockchain-firm-nchain-appoints-david-washburn-as-ceo/?fbclid=IwAR0LQoz0eePv6NYKnl5gZq8ZmmxC7yXshfdF1hfzBq0IscPTcy4dY5pdmpc

For CW twitter account... More information about that: https://medium.com/@craig_10243/dmca-de119d616699
Craig Steven Wright is still on board for a very long time and it's a pleasure ! As these credit times can be more useful for himself or his family. Too much idiot=too much wasted time. Maybe it's a good thing for his psychic development that they take a step back with all the" disappointing" people and the consequent number of pueril assholes that gravitate around him.

For now:

BSV is developing, a hackathon will be launched in May 2019, there is +$30,000 for the first and other prizes for the other winners.

Bitcoin SV Virtual Hackathon takes place May 4-5 as lead up to CoinGeek Conference Toronto

Source: https://coingeek.com/bitcoin-sv-virtual-hackathon-takes-place-may-4-5-as-lead-up-to-coingeek-conference-toronto/

hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2019, 12:44:10 PM

Shooopppiinggg News

https://www.digitec.ch/en/page/cryptocurrencies-now-accepted-on-digitec-and-galaxus-11214

Margary

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 12:50:20 PM

Looks like BSV now needs a new 'leader' ...

‘Bitcoin Creator’ Craig Wright “Satoshi Nakamoto” Deletes Twitter Account After Getting Heckled?

- https://cryptoslate.com/bitcoin-creator-craig-wright-satoshi-nakamoto-deletes-twitter-account-after-getting-heckled/

Roll Eyes

Extrapolation !

More baseless insinuations... Need for a "new leader".... You're overreacting!

Maybe he's tired of the countless idiots and bots that piss him off?! At least he's very patient because there are really a lot of idiots on social networks ! a good example in the previous pages.

It seems he's still teaching on Medium Network Smiley personally I think it's good that he's protecting himself from all these childish jerks...

I do not think it is weird, especially today. Now we can see a variety of obscure situations in this industry. Everyone responds to this in its own way

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
jamespastagueule

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 02:40:38 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2019, 03:27:07 PM by mprep

Hello humans, a life challenge awaits you, come and measure yourself in complete discretion.

Enter in the blockchain matrice for build the internet of tomorrow with BSV and discover  superior answers on your way.

https://coingeek.com/bitcoin-sv-virtual-hackathon-takes-place-may-4-5-as-lead-up-to-coingeek-conference-toronto/

How do you enable the world’s new money and global enterprise blockchain? Run a hackathon, that’s how.

This May, the Bitcoin Association—the leading industry group for Bitcoin business—is hosting the first ever Bitcoin SV (BSV) hackathon to encourage developers around the world to build on BSV and unleash the true power of Bitcoin’s original design, protocol and Satoshi Vision. The hackathon is run by nChain and sponsored by CoinGeek.

The hackathon will be virtual so anyone can participate from anywhere in the world. It will take place on May 4 and 5, with participation periods to run according to the based upon GMT timezone.

Three finalists will be selected in the virtual hackathon, and a representative from each team will fly to Toronto, Canada, to present their BSV-powered solutions at the CoinGeek Toronto Conference on May 30. A panel of judges and the conference attendees will select the winner.

The first place winner will go home with 250 BSV, followed by 100 BSV for the second placer, and 50 BSV for the third place winner. All three finalists will have the opportunity to be considered for investment funds.

Registration for the BSV virtual hackathon will open soon. Pre-register here.

The first ever BSV virtual hackathon is a lead up to the CoinGeek Toronto conference, a two-day cryptocurrency event at the historic The Carlu on May 29-30.

The CoinGeek Toronto conference is the third installment of CoinGeek’s headline events. Like the first two CoinGeek conferences, the Toronto summit will feature experts in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space. The event’s overall theme is “Bitcoin SV: No Limits,” with a focus on massive on-chain scaling and the technological power of Bitcoin SV. It’s worth noting, however, that though focused on BSV, the CoinGeek conference environment incorporates speakers who also work with other cryptocurrencies and blockchains, and also welcomes anyone interested in learning about BSV.

A “Developers Day” will be held on May 29, focusing on more technical issues for BSV. The main conference will take place on May 30. Sessions will cover topics such as, scaling and technical developments of BSV, how merchants can accept payment with BSV, The Metanet, nChain’s ground-breaking project to power and integrate the Internet through the BSV blockchain, tokenization with BSV, enterprise application on the BSV blockchain, and a discussion of a Bitcoin future finally with “No Limits,” among others.

Source: https://coingeek.com/first-ever-bitcoin-sv-hackathon-goes-big-with-400-bsv-prize-pool/

I do not think it is weird, especially today. Now we can see a variety of obscure situations in this industry. Everyone responds to this in its own way

Actually, i agree with your point of view. Maybe things will change.

Know that what comes next maybe will be like internet next generation same of an addressable system that allows people to create content in a secure environment where information is identifiable despite the fact that it can be confidential and tamper-proof. Adaptable to all operating systems linking administrations with the whole public and global private enterprise across a multi-connected world. Where it is possible to create BSV income based on interactions. Created, imagined, conceive is the heart of creativity. With this information you can control the world you create for yourself and at the same time address it to everyone according to the modular layer additions.

jamespastagueule

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 03:42:20 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2019, 03:27:33 PM by mprep

Hello humans, a life challenge awaits you, come and measure yourself in complete discretion.

Enter in the blockchain matrice for build the internet of tomorrow with BSV and discover  superior answers on your way.

https://coingeek.com/bitcoin-sv-virtual-hackathon-takes-place-may-4-5-as-lead-up-to-coingeek-conference-toronto/

How do you enable the world’s new money and global enterprise blockchain? Run a hackathon, that’s how.

This May, the Bitcoin Association—the leading industry group for Bitcoin business—is hosting the first ever Bitcoin SV (BSV) hackathon to encourage developers around the world to build on BSV and unleash the true power of Bitcoin’s original design, protocol and Satoshi Vision. The hackathon is run by nChain and sponsored by CoinGeek.

The hackathon will be virtual so anyone can participate from anywhere in the world. It will take place on May 4 and 5, with participation periods to run according to the based upon GMT timezone.

Three finalists will be selected in the virtual hackathon, and a representative from each team will fly to Toronto, Canada, to present their BSV-powered solutions at the CoinGeek Toronto Conference on May 30. A panel of judges and the conference attendees will select the winner.

The first place winner will go home with 250 BSV, followed by 100 BSV for the second placer, and 50 BSV for the third place winner. All three finalists will have the opportunity to be considered for investment funds.

Registration for the BSV virtual hackathon will open soon. Pre-register here.

The first ever BSV virtual hackathon is a lead up to the CoinGeek Toronto conference, a two-day cryptocurrency event at the historic The Carlu on May 29-30.

The CoinGeek Toronto conference is the third installment of CoinGeek’s headline events. Like the first two CoinGeek conferences, the Toronto summit will feature experts in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space. The event’s overall theme is “Bitcoin SV: No Limits,” with a focus on massive on-chain scaling and the technological power of Bitcoin SV. It’s worth noting, however, that though focused on BSV, the CoinGeek conference environment incorporates speakers who also work with other cryptocurrencies and blockchains, and also welcomes anyone interested in learning about BSV.

A “Developers Day” will be held on May 29, focusing on more technical issues for BSV. The main conference will take place on May 30. Sessions will cover topics such as, scaling and technical developments of BSV, how merchants can accept payment with BSV, The Metanet, nChain’s ground-breaking project to power and integrate the Internet through the BSV blockchain, tokenization with BSV, enterprise application on the BSV blockchain, and a discussion of a Bitcoin future finally with “No Limits,” among others.

Source: https://coingeek.com/first-ever-bitcoin-sv-hackathon-goes-big-with-400-bsv-prize-pool/

It's amazing ! Registering is very tempting but I have to give way to others in the name of their stories

Welcome to newcomers! The BSV blockchain road is winding and full of obstacles but not impossible Cool
jamespastagueule

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 10:54:57 PM

BITCOIN SV SECURITY AUDIT HELPS RESOLVE MULTIPLE VULNERABILITIES ACROSS DIFFERENT BITCOIN BLOCKCHAINS
March 1, 2019

Denial of Service Vulnerabilities Repaired in Bitcoin SV version 0.1.1

The Bitcoin SV (BSV) community is committed to the “Satoshi Vision” for delivering a secure and scalable Bitcoin network that supports the world’s new money and use as the global enterprise blockchain. As part of its commitment to professionalise the Bitcoin development process, the Bitcoin SV Node implementation team engaged the services of Trail of Bits, a leading cybersecurity research company with expertise in blockchain technologies, to perform a security audit of the Bitcoin SV Node implementation source code.  The security audit revealed multiple vulnerabilities that Bitcoin SV did not itself cause but likely inherited from the Bitcoin Core (BTC) and thus Bitcoin ABC software for Bitcoin Cash (BCH) from which the Bitcoin SV were forked.  However, Bitcoin SV’s audit and professionalised approached to security has now helped all these major blockchains resolve the vulnerabilities.

A full security audit requires significant time and cost to perform, but the Bitcoin SV Node implementation team did so (with financial support from its partners at CoinGeek) as a critical step to bring more professionalism to the Bitcoin ecosystem.  We believe this is the first time any Bitcoin node implementation has ever been security audited in the 10-year history of Bitcoin.

After conducting its security audit, Trail of Bits reported numerous  findings.  The Bitcoin SV Node implementation team considered three of these findings to be significant enough to warrant responsible and confidential disclosure to other potentially affected Bitcoin implementations – specifically to implementations for the Bitcoin Core (BTC) and Bitcoin Cash (BCH) chains which compete against BSV.

The three vulnerabilities have been rated as medium severity with low difficulty to exploit and expose the Bitcoin node software to Denial of Service attacks resulting in a high overall risk rating. The Bitcoin SV Node implementation team disclosed the details of these vulnerabilities to other Bitcoin implementations (for Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Cash) on 10 January 2019, requesting full confidentially until 11 February 2019 and that detailed information about the vulnerabilities be kept confidential until 1 March 2019. This process follows industry best practice by providing sufficient time for development teams to release and deploy updated software before the details of the vulnerabilities become public knowledge.

The details of the vulnerabilities were disclosed to the software development teams of Bitcoin Unlimited, Bitcoin XT, Bitcoin ABC, and Bitcoin Core. An analysis of the vulnerable portions of the source code indicated that these software implementations may be affected by these vulnerabilities – most likely because the vulnerabilities first existed in the Bitcoin Core software before it was forked by Bitcoin ABC to create ABC (an implementation for Bitcoin Cash), and before Bitcoin SV thus inherited these vulnerabilities from Bitcoin ABC.

1) The first vulnerability, CVE-2018-1000891, would enable an attacker to send specially crafted network packets to the target node which would needlessly consume large amounts of processor and network resources. The attack could result in a Denial of Service by exhausting processor and network resources and would not be detected or prevented by the software.

2) The second vulnerability, CVE-2018-1000892, would similarly enable an attacker to send specially crafted network packets which would needlessly consume large amounts of processor and network resources. The attack could result in a Denial of Service by exhausting processor and network resources and would not be detected or prevented by the software.

3) The third vulnerability, CVE-2018-1000893, would also enable an attacker to send specially crafted network packets which would needlessly consume large amounts of memory resources. The attack could result in a Denial of Service by exhausting memory resources and causing system failure. The attack would not be detected or prevented by the software.

For Bitcoin SV, these vulnerabilities were addressed in release 0.1.1 of the Bitcoin SV Node implementation which was released on 11 February 2019.

Bitcoin SV Node Lead Developer Daniel Connolly remarked:

“By organising this security audit (with funding by CoinGeek) and by sharing the results in a responsible and secure manner, the Bitcoin SV Node team, nChain and our partners at CoinGeek demonstrate our commitment to increase the quality of Bitcoin software and professionalise the engineering process.”

Even though the Bitcoin SV Node implementation team did not create these vulnerabilities and likely inherited them from Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin ABC, its groundbreaking approach to apply software industry best practices to Bitcoin node development has now also benefited the competing Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Cash ecosystems.

The Bitcoin SV Node reference implementation is a project of the Bitcoin Association.  The Bitcoin Association’s Founding President Jimmy Nguyen observed:

“As I’ve said before, it’s time for Bitcoin to grow up and professionalise.  This security audit is a big step in that direction, because no other Bitcoin project is taking such a comprehensive approach to security.  The results and improvements exemplify how the Bitcoin SV Node team is taking steps to prepare Bitcoin SV to have the reliability needed to become the world’s new money and the global enterprise blockchain.  It also demonstrates that Bitcoin SV is now leading the Bitcoin industry, even helping other projects that deviated from the Satoshi Vision for Bitcoin.”

Source : https://bitcoinsv.io/2019/03/01/bitcoin-sv-security-audit-helps-resolve-multiple-vulnerabilities-across-different-bitcoin-blockchains/

sirsplashalot

Activity: 520
Merit: 123

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 11:08:16 AM

Hope they don't get paid in BSV!  Cheesy  which is incidentally one of the few coins in the top 100 by market cap to be sitting on a loss since bitcoin hit its last bottom, on December 16th. There's literally less than 10 other coins that share this distinction.

I thought this was pretty funny too. Faketoshi threatening Jack Dorsey and Twitter:

What could go wrong??  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Your analysis is based on a coin that had been trading for a grand total of 30 days prior. You really are a genius.

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2019, 08:37:09 PM

BITCOIN SV SECURITY AUDIT HELPS RESOLVE MULTIPLE VULNERABILITIES ACROSS DIFFERENT BITCOIN BLOCKCHAINS
March 1, 2019

Denial of Service Vulnerabilities Repaired in Bitcoin SV version 0.1.1

The Bitcoin SV (BSV) community is committed to the “Satoshi Vision” for delivering a secure and scalable Bitcoin network that supports the world’s new money and use as the global enterprise blockchain. As part of its commitment to professionalise the Bitcoin development process, the Bitcoin SV Node implementation team engaged the services of Trail of Bits, a leading cybersecurity research company with expertise in blockchain technologies, to perform a security audit of the Bitcoin SV Node implementation source code.  The security audit revealed multiple vulnerabilities that Bitcoin SV did not itself cause but likely inherited from the Bitcoin Core (BTC) and thus Bitcoin ABC software for Bitcoin Cash (BCH) from which the Bitcoin SV were forked.  However, Bitcoin SV’s audit and professionalised approached to security has now helped all these major blockchains resolve the vulnerabilities.

A full security audit requires significant time and cost to perform, but the Bitcoin SV Node implementation team did so (with financial support from its partners at CoinGeek) as a critical step to bring more professionalism to the Bitcoin ecosystem.  We believe this is the first time any Bitcoin node implementation has ever been security audited in the 10-year history of Bitcoin.

After conducting its security audit, Trail of Bits reported numerous  findings.  The Bitcoin SV Node implementation team considered three of these findings to be significant enough to warrant responsible and confidential disclosure to other potentially affected Bitcoin implementations – specifically to implementations for the Bitcoin Core (BTC) and Bitcoin Cash (BCH) chains which compete against BSV.

The three vulnerabilities have been rated as medium severity with low difficulty to exploit and expose the Bitcoin node software to Denial of Service attacks resulting in a high overall risk rating. The Bitcoin SV Node implementation team disclosed the details of these vulnerabilities to other Bitcoin implementations (for Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Cash) on 10 January 2019, requesting full confidentially until 11 February 2019 and that detailed information about the vulnerabilities be kept confidential until 1 March 2019. This process follows industry best practice by providing sufficient time for development teams to release and deploy updated software before the details of the vulnerabilities become public knowledge.

The details of the vulnerabilities were disclosed to the software development teams of Bitcoin Unlimited, Bitcoin XT, Bitcoin ABC, and Bitcoin Core. An analysis of the vulnerable portions of the source code indicated that these software implementations may be affected by these vulnerabilities – most likely because the vulnerabilities first existed in the Bitcoin Core software before it was forked by Bitcoin ABC to create ABC (an implementation for Bitcoin Cash), and before Bitcoin SV thus inherited these vulnerabilities from Bitcoin ABC.

1) The first vulnerability, CVE-2018-1000891, would enable an attacker to send specially crafted network packets to the target node which would needlessly consume large amounts of processor and network resources. The attack could result in a Denial of Service by exhausting processor and network resources and would not be detected or prevented by the software.

2) The second vulnerability, CVE-2018-1000892, would similarly enable an attacker to send specially crafted network packets which would needlessly consume large amounts of processor and network resources. The attack could result in a Denial of Service by exhausting processor and network resources and would not be detected or prevented by the software.

3) The third vulnerability, CVE-2018-1000893, would also enable an attacker to send specially crafted network packets which would needlessly consume large amounts of memory resources. The attack could result in a Denial of Service by exhausting memory resources and causing system failure. The attack would not be detected or prevented by the software.

For Bitcoin SV, these vulnerabilities were addressed in release 0.1.1 of the Bitcoin SV Node implementation which was released on 11 February 2019.

Bitcoin SV Node Lead Developer Daniel Connolly remarked:

“By organising this security audit (with funding by CoinGeek) and by sharing the results in a responsible and secure manner, the Bitcoin SV Node team, nChain and our partners at CoinGeek demonstrate our commitment to increase the quality of Bitcoin software and professionalise the engineering process.”

Even though the Bitcoin SV Node implementation team did not create these vulnerabilities and likely inherited them from Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin ABC, its groundbreaking approach to apply software industry best practices to Bitcoin node development has now also benefited the competing Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Cash ecosystems.

The Bitcoin SV Node reference implementation is a project of the Bitcoin Association.  The Bitcoin Association’s Founding President Jimmy Nguyen observed:

“As I’ve said before, it’s time for Bitcoin to grow up and professionalise.  This security audit is a big step in that direction, because no other Bitcoin project is taking such a comprehensive approach to security.  The results and improvements exemplify how the Bitcoin SV Node team is taking steps to prepare Bitcoin SV to have the reliability needed to become the world’s new money and the global enterprise blockchain.  It also demonstrates that Bitcoin SV is now leading the Bitcoin industry, even helping other projects that deviated from the Satoshi Vision for Bitcoin.”

Source : https://bitcoinsv.io/2019/03/01/bitcoin-sv-security-audit-helps-resolve-multiple-vulnerabilities-across-different-bitcoin-blockchains/

Thx for so much oversight. Good manners

estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 06:31:24 AM

jimmy nguyen recent interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iarn9RyHR10
jamespastagueule

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 10:01:51 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2019, 03:28:44 PM by mprep

Dr. Craig Wright presents work on decentralized autonomous corporations at ICICT 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_G0mY9Pqz4

In his presentation at the ICICT 2019, nChain Chief Scientist Dr. Craig Wright explains the concept behind decentralized autonomous corporations (DACs). The idea behind DACs is essentially not to allow centralization and have things in multiple areas, while also getting rid of failure points.

Unwriter announces Bottle, a Bitcoin browser

There’s a new way to browse content on the Bitcoin SV (BSV) blockchain. Anonymous developer Unwriter has announced Bottle, a Bitcoin Browser. Available for Mac, Windows, and also available on GitHub, Bottle allows users to surf content on the Bitcoin network.

Announced in a March 21 tweet, Unwriter notes that Bottle is capable of surfing anything saved to the BSV blockchain, including images, texts, HTML, JSON, Javacript and CSS.

He explains why he built it in the following passages:

“HTTP is the protocol for the old world, the server-client based cloud paradigm.

“By moving away from HTTP and authoring everything in a Bitcoin native way (using Bitcoin transaction ids and content hashes) we can build a completely self-contained network of documents which can exist forever on the blockchain.”

Bottle is capable of accessing the B:// and C:// uniform resource identifiers (URIs), which allows it to browse transactions as addresses and content addressed URI schemes based on file contents, respectively.

Much of this can already be accomplished with existing blockchain tools, but Unwriter explains that we need to break away from old mindsets. “Instead of thinking from the old WWW mindset, we should think from a Bitcoin-native mindset,” he wrote.

The browser is powered by Electron, so it already has access to powerful BSV features, as well as the typical browser features you would expect.

Unwriter also noted that he released this new browser earlier than he normally would have with his other works, specifically so that it can grow and evolve to the needs to the community. He’s welcomed feedback through GitHub, and has already responded to questions and cheered on developments on Twitter.

With this new app, Unwriter is making it easier for developers and users to fully embrace the BSV blockchain, and start walking away from the world wide web. It will still take some time to discover what applications this will prove most useful for, and to see the full potential of what developers can do with it, but getting started down that road is an exciting prospect.

Source: https://coingeek.com/unwriter-announces-bottle-a-bitcoin-browser/

Money Button CEO: How to upload large files to Bitcoin SV blockchain
When Steve Shadders and his team unleashed OP_RETURN, increasing its maximum size to 100KB, the Bitcoin SV (BSV) community took advantage and started uploading a torrent of image files using services like Bitstagram. Even though that has allowed users to do so much already, Money Button CEO Ryan X Charles is now ready to show us how we can upload even better pictures to the BSV blockchain.

On March 21, Charles tweeted that there’s now a more reliable method to upload large files, including pictures, to the blockchain. He links to a BitPaste article, which shows 12 examples of large image files uploaded to the blockchain, and a link to a YouTube video that explains how the process works.

The process works by uploading multiple files, which will then be combined to create the larger upload. Each upload to the blockchain incurs a transaction cost. Uploading a 100KB file or image costs roughly $0.07 at the moment, so as Charles explains, a 5MB image or file will cost roughly $3.50.

The Money Button team has created a new tool to accomplish UTXO splits, called ‘Raise Speed Limit.’ This allows the user to sign hundreds of transactions at once, which will then allow writing to the blockchain. In Charles’ demonstration, the tool signs 250 transactions in 45 seconds.

Once the transactions are confirmed and a new block is created on the blockchain, the user can upload their file using the add.bico.media site. After the file is dragged to the screen, money buttons are created, which can be swiped to put each piece of the file on the network.

Then, using bico.media, the user can find their file. The 5MB file that Charles uploaded in his YouTube video can be found here.

The Money Button CEO notes that the BSV blockchain is reserved for high quality images that are worth the cost of uploading, which is an important point to make. The blockchain is immutable, storing files indefinitely, so you want to make sure that whatever you are putting there is worthy of the BSV blockchain, and worth the cost.

It’s still not perfect. Charles admits that the user experience could be friendlier, but considering we’re only a couple of months into the new age of increased OP_RETURN file sizes, the amount of app development seen has been astounding.

Souce: https://coingeek.com/money-button-ceo-how-to-upload-large-files-to-bitcoin-sv-blockchain/
https://bitstagram.bitdb.network/     and    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3vZunqqjFU

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: