Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:54:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][10-5] TenfiveCoin - Designed for Mobile - MANDATORY UPDATE 0.9.0.0  (Read 56981 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
icanprogram

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:51:16 AM

Jacob, you've outdone yourself.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
medialx

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:55:58 AM

hi..why does the block reward severely punishes early miners?

I can understand first few blocks to prevent instamine but the rest??
icanprogram

Activity: 125

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:58:13 AM

We're pleased to announce that we will be bringing 10-5 to your mobile phone!

At this moment I'm working on an SMS bot that will let you view your 10-5 balance and send coins to contacts using their (anonymous) 10-5 codes.
It's still in testing, but we're quite happy with the results so far.

See the below screenshots for how the service works:

As you can see this is just using your default messaging app, you don't have to install any new apps to use this.

We aren't forgetting the people out there without unlimited texting plans though!
If you've used Whatsapp, you probably know Telegram, the app that a large chunk of Whatsapp users switched to after Facebook bought Whatsapp.
If you've used neither: Telegram is basically an app that lets you send (secure, encrypted) text messages over your data connection for free.

This version of the bot isn't as far along, but we're quite happy with how it's turning out:

We'd also like to support Whatsapp in the future, as there are still a lot of people on there, but their terms of use are very strict and they've been known to instantly disable Whatsapp accounts that run a bot.
We'll be looking into contacting Whatsapp for an official statement and we will keep you updated.

Any feedback is appreciated, we'll let you know when the bot is stable and ready for use.

Yeah, I didn't read this thread passed page 3. As soon as I noticed it was PANDA devs, that was the nanosecond I decided to steer clear of this little turn nugget.

But I did want to bring to your attention that your "innovation" is actually just copied from another coin that has been doing it for quite a while now. Hilariously, it's the coin that so many absolutely love and so many absolutely detest. You guessed, DOGE (correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that DOGE was the first cryptocurrency to have SMS functionality and you're just trying to make it sound like it was all your idea to the ill-informed while not flat out declaring it as your own idea). I'm actually curious, did you copy just the idea and came up with the implementation yourself or did you somehow copy the code?

http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/1w84nf/a_few_people_asked_for_an_sms_tipbot_so_i_made_one/

Just a little food for though for those unsuspecting members that are even contemplating spending any of their time and/or money on you bozo's.

Hi ZeroBarrier, we were not aware that DOGE has done this, nor did we claim to be the first.
I still think we're the first team to officially support the SMS/Telegram bot, that DOGE one seems to be community-based.
There's of course nothing wrong with that, but we have a very nice web wallet that directly interfaces with the built-in exchange.
We plan on making everything as easy as possible for the users by just using our existing infrastructure and hooking up the SMS/Telegram bot to it.
Walruse

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:09:46 PM

Can I request that my IPO bitcoins gets returned to me? refund?
geokilla

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:16:49 PM

Can you guys release an updated SGMiner so it can mine Scrypt-N coins as well? CGMiner is very buggy. A good miner will help ensure that this coin.

Here is source: https://github.com/Zuikkis/sgminer

We're seeing that this version of SGminer already supported Scrypt-N as of commit: https://github.com/Zuikkis/sgminer/commit/73bb1504e999b747692661b2d3cd5f2e9c015f63.  We'll definitely try to test it prior to launch.

Thanks
Can you link it to us when it's done?
medialx

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:30:13 PM

Morquor

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:26:39 PM

No windows wallet?
tenfivecoin (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:28:29 PM

We don't want a few early miners to dump their coins. The low reward will compensate with low difficulty and we should get to the next reward tier in a few weeks. Once that happens miners will see a slight increase, and the rewards should maintain a flat structure with no halving or real increase as long as the network grows over time.

No windows wallet?

It's coming  Wink mac wallet, and android wallet on their way as well.
Zhoa8

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:46:10 PM

We don't want a few early miners to dump their coins. The low reward will compensate with low difficulty and we should get to the next reward tier in a few weeks. Once that happens miners will see a slight increase, and the rewards should maintain a flat structure with no halving or real increase as long as the network grows over time.

No windows wallet?

It's coming  Wink mac wallet, and android wallet on their way as well.

Early miners with big hash kill coins before they even get started. This is a good idea and I am really looking forward to how it pays out.

This seems like a very fair approach to the problem. Reward everyone the same no matter when they start mining.
skychilled

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:59:52 PM

Interesting idea. Will mine this coin at launch
JacobUX

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:06:19 PM

Can I request that my IPO bitcoins gets returned to me? refund?

Of course, but you did not buy any IPO.

Can you guys release an updated SGMiner so it can mine Scrypt-N coins as well? CGMiner is very buggy. A good miner will help ensure that this coin.

Here is source: https://github.com/Zuikkis/sgminer

We're seeing that this version of SGminer already supported Scrypt-N as of commit: https://github.com/Zuikkis/sgminer/commit/73bb1504e999b747692661b2d3cd5f2e9c015f63.  We'll definitely try to test it prior to launch.

Thanks
Can you link it to us when it's done?

The link is active, but we have not been able to test this out yet. We will post more details when they become available.
sandman33

Activity: 50

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:10:24 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 03:24:05 PM by sandman33

No windows wallet?

the info on your site is wrong.It says "2,100 Coins per-block for the first 1,048 blocks" and so on.
Even with low difficulty at firsts blocks there isnt any point suporting this coin by mining from start, as you ll proly get less coins if you are from start than start from day 2.This has alot of propability to punish and give  lesser coins even after day 2 .Things are a bit stable at around 19k blocks.That s when a miner should start but still block reward is again low.
Now who has benefit from all of this?The one that has premined 105.000 coins and will be in value for along period with this block reward system.
Almost all coins dumped at start but if developers has something good to offer the coin gains value.So if u are afraid of the coin be dumped means u dont have actually something good to offer and just try to keep it s value by this silly block reward system and profit.

Gl guys
vindyne8
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:36:21 PM

Just confirming, this releases at 6PM eastern time?
mxtm

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:43:26 PM

Just confirming, this releases at 6PM eastern time?

Yes indeed it does, as a fellow EST'r  Smiley

Be sure to be there in IRC, #tenfivecoin on freenode!
sevoque

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:56:22 PM

If any further pool operators are interested in getting involved please come to irc and message me on tenfivecoin channel
Zhoa8

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:04:36 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 04:18:11 PM by Zhoa8

No windows wallet?

the info on your site is wrong.It says "2,100 Coins per-block for the first 1,048 blocks" and so on.
Even with low difficulty at firsts blocks there isnt any point suporting this coin by mining from start, as you ll proly get less coins if you are from start than start from day 2.This has alot of propability to punish and give  lesser coins even after day 2 .Things are a bit stable at around 19k blocks.That s when a miner should start but still block reward is again low.
Now who has benefit from all of this?The one that has premined 105.000 coins and will be in value for along period with this block reward system.
Almost all coins dumped at start but if developers has something good to offer the coin gains value.So if u are afraid of the coin be dumped means u dont have actually something good to offer and just try to keep it s value by this silly block reward system and profit.

Gl guys

a locust that just wants his lot of free early coins  so they can just move on after launch? Roll Eyes

ktbken

Activity: 158

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 04:14:17 PM

United-Miners TenFivecoin pool is open for pre registrations

https://105.united-miners.com/

Direct link to registration page  https://105.united-miners.com/index.php?page=register

We provide  all the usual features, but we aspire to be the best through support and lack of downtime.

1% fees.
SSL protection (forced)
IRC support community  freenode #united-miners
Full Ddos protection
High-end hardware on the EU's best internet backbone

Multi-coin pools - http://united-miners.com - IRC  freenode #united-miners
JacobUX

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:20:22 PM

No windows wallet?

Gl guys

I will update the site shortly.

However, I would like to note that you are not correct in your assertion regarding the reward structure. Since we have an IPO valuation, early miners will still be greatly rewarded because they are mining coins that already have a set value attached to them. As the network grows the rewards will also be more widely distributed, so that is where the term "flat rewards" comes from.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:28:29 PM

how to invest some btc on ipo? still have time?

thanks!
sevoque

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:31:19 PM

how to invest some btc on ipo? still have time?

thanks!

Hi Provence, either come to irc and message myself or jacobUX on tenfivecoin channel on freenode or drop me a message on here and i will provide instructions

regards
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: