Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:07:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Drop in ICO Price after listing  (Read 35609 times)
randyg29

Activity: 330
Merit: 10

http://www.daxico.com/

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 03:27:03 AM

I think it is really common now in any currencies that are getting launched in this months and coming year that's why It is hard to invest even they have a promising project to show in their white papers. I think this year is really not the time to the value of any currencies to get or to surpass the target ICO price in the market.

otundebis

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 03:49:03 AM

The first thing you notice about the bear market is how fastest the newly listed coin are dumping in price,  it usually feel as if everyone is trying to get all they can and leave.  Many quality project have been devalued and suffer loss as a result of timing and bearish sentiment in the market!

Zaibraid

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 05:08:51 AM

I invested and joined as bounty hunter in many ICO which has good concept, experienced team members and also good hype but after listing price drops very much. Some of project also not recovering since long time. Any comment.

I often experience what you experience. I hope after I get the token from ICO distribution then I can get the price as expected but the hopes of the company are different from reality. Almost all the coins have a fairly low price (very far from the ICO price) so I have to wait to sell them when the price is high. But not infrequently also I have to sell these coins even though the price is low because I have been struggling in a bounty campaign and I need that money. Yeah even though it doesn't match the price that I expected but I already feel lucky. This condition is a normal condition because indeed the market is very volatile and difficult to recover.

dodgecharger

Activity: 1005
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 05:23:59 AM

I invested and joined as bounty hunter in many ICO which has good concept, experienced team members and also good hype but after listing price drops very much. Some of project also not recovering since long time. Any comment.
This year's market is not good. Almost all ICO projects, once listed, the value has fallen directly. This situation has caused no one to dare to invest in ICO projects.
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 05:29:51 AM

Investors are now after the bonus it's the big bonus that they are after so in case there is a huge drop in price they can still recover the investment, but it is still risky if the coin drop to 60% they could lose their investment, but if the project is good they can hold it and wait for the price to mature.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 05:32:21 AM

Price drop happens due to sell of by bounty hunters. These hunters get the coins for free with minimum efforts so they tend to sell of the coins as soon as they receive it from campaigns.
I reckon on delaying the bounty tokens or transfer them in small batches.
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 05:51:22 AM

Because when they conduct ICO, they usually fix the token value at the ETH price at that time. But then ETH price drops as well as bad market conditions, resulting in lower token prices after listing.

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
BitcoinCazh

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 06:00:32 AM

i think its a normal for the tokens after listed, after the token are listed usually some peoples like bounty hunters or investor selling their tokens, so thats why the price drop after listed but its normal in ico
labake

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 06:06:45 AM

This topic really required looking into deeply as a matter of fact,  I would have written something on this for a long time but didn't permit me to do that base on engagement. This is getting tiredful. Though, it's clear that the market is poor, almost all project I participated this year both investment and bounty campaign are very disappointing in this aspect.  Many are still sleeping till date on this. Though, novice in the game would feel disappointed than enthusiast.  The spirit of enthusiasm is what keep us having the hope alive. With this,  few only would participate in ICO anymore in some part of the crypto community.  ,
Fedots83

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 11:03:41 AM

In fact, this situation has already become a familiar standard for the crypto market. After entering the market, the value of many coins begins to fall significantly. This leads to the decision of many investors to sell their coins, which only provokes a further price reduction.
trash321

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 11:21:35 AM

And do you know why? Because people realize that they invested into sh** project, without any progress or good exchange?
I think that your thought is far from the most important thing that people have in mind, the most important thing is that many investors start selling tokens with bonuses that make up about 30% of the purchased funds.
But it would explain a price decline of only 30%, but in most cases price drops more than 10 times, I think that it is mainly caused by bounty hunters.

You are very much mistaken and do not think correctly, because 30% of the volume of tokens that investors have will be sold at the cheapest prices, about the amount of coins or tokens that investors have much more than hunters.
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 11:33:42 AM

That is now the danger in investing in ICO there are few ICO is a really profitable majority of ICO now are having a hard time reaching the softcap and getting people to buy in their ICO and surprisingly many companies are still launching ICO even if the market is obviously not good.
butcherme

Activity: 368
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 11:37:57 AM

That is one of the risks in investing on new coins or crypto currencies,
To be honest I don't think that most of the new coin could reach their ICO price since most investors only want to take their profit.
Jrfranco

Activity: 786

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 01:21:36 PM

The recent drops and decline of market price is due to the rampant tokens in the market, plus the increasing number of scams and frauds, my take on this is that, we must be aware of this new projects, there is a possibility that it would continue to drop and decline, as the other top coins are also declining in value, maybe we must be aware of what coins we gonna invest and taking in, invest at your own risk and a spare money only just to avoid greater loss, diversify if needed to minimize the loss.
Robotbitcoin22

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 01:23:44 PM

something that is common nowadays when doing price listings is very much beyond the expectations of many people. many reasons revealed. starting from a bad market. bounty etc. this is very detrimental to investors who believe in investing
megaplage

Activity: 320

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 05:27:24 AM

Unfortunately, recently this problem has become common for most ICO projects. After entering the market, the price of most of the proposed coins decreases, due to which some investors start to panic and sell their coins cheaply. I believe that in such a situation there is no need to panic - it is better to continue to hold your coins after they appear on the market.
otunayode

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 05:35:35 AM

The condition of cryptocurrency market as at the time token was been listed have direct impact on the reception of the token regardless of the potential or development taking place in the project that the token represent.

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
Ruffian1314
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2018, 05:42:19 AM

Don't invest and join only as bounty hunter so that you won't lose money and earn only. Many ICO projects nowadays are like that because of people's mindset to sell all what they bought after getting listed. No one will hodl anymore because 9/10 are into selling immediately.
deppil90

Activity: 434
Merit: 21

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 05:42:38 AM

I also do the same thing, this event may be a result of the declining bitcoin price, or this is a strategy of some projects to overcome bounty participants who always easily throw tokens or coins after they are paid
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 05:48:58 AM

It has become a natural thing when the ICO is finished and entering the exchange will definitely experience a decline in prices because of the influence of the bounty campaign and airdrop who will sell tokens or the results they can get from work or from being airdrop participants and campaigns.
I guess it depends on the bounty hunter and on the potential tokens they get. If each bounty hunter sees every movement of the token he gets continues to increase, I believe that most of them have confidence that the price of the token will continue to rise so they will continue to hold it until the target price they have is achieved. The second part is that they see a potential, if the potential token will not be able to successfully compete in the cryptocurrency market, they will rush to sell the tokens they have just gotten from the bounty campaign event.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: