Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:24:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TeamRedMiner - Old Thread  (Read 85753 times)
pbfarmer

Activity: 340
Merit: 29

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 10:35:42 PM

The --list_devices might have worked if the application window would stay open long enough to read anything, it closes in under 3 seconds though.

Attempted removing each gpu of 3 using the -d 0,1,2 cn_config etc..     Again, window closes to fast to even see an error message.

Please, I know there has got to be just some switch/call that will enable the application to bypass the unsupported device and stay open.

Closing so fast due to 1 piece of unsupported hardware being attached to the machine and giving no error message, that is surely a bug being re-branded as a feature anyway.

You need to learn to use the console/terminal, rather than just double clicking stuff w/ your mouse.  Run 'command prompt' (press the windows button or click on the windows icon, and type 'command' - then click on the 'Command prompt' item at the top of the list.) . Change to the directory of the miner software (type 'cd ' followed by path to your miner directory.)  Type the name of your start bat file, and press enter.  You'll see the output, including whatever errors occurred.

A window closing after the program has exited is not a bug of the miner - it's the way Windows (and most OS') work.

P.S.  I used to have a 7950 (and a 580) installed on a 6-vega rig running TRM - worked perfectly fine using -d to exclude those devices.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
6Dreamin6

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 10:53:15 PM

The --list_devices might have worked if the application window would stay open long enough to read anything, it closes in under 3 seconds though.

Attempted removing each gpu of 3 using the -d 0,1,2 cn_config etc..     Again, window closes to fast to even see an error message.

Please, I know there has got to be just some switch/call that will enable the application to bypass the unsupported device and stay open.

Closing so fast due to 1 piece of unsupported hardware being attached to the machine and giving no error message, that is surely a bug being re-branded as a feature anyway.

You need to learn to use the console/terminal, rather than just double clicking stuff w/ your mouse.  Run 'command prompt' (press the windows button or click on the windows icon, and type 'command' - then click on the 'Command prompt' item at the top of the list.) . Change to the directory of the miner software (type 'cd ' followed by path to your miner directory.)  Type the name of your start bat file, and press enter.  You'll see the output, including whatever errors occurred.

A window closing after the program has exited is not a bug of the miner - it's the way Windows (and most OS') work.

P.S.  I used to have a 7950 (and a 580) installed on a 6-vega rig running TRM - worked perfectly fine using -d to exclude those devices.

I know how to use it, when instructed to I do, have, will. Otherwise, why do things the hard way, all the time, its just not logical?

Using the bat file via cmd prompt did "help".
[2018-12-27 14:47:45] Auto-detected AMD OpenCL platform 0
[2018-12-27 14:47:46] Initialize error, unknown platform 03fd
[2018-12-27 14:47:46] Failed to initialize device number 0 (-20)
[2018-12-27 14:47:46] Successful clean shutdown.

'-d' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

So where to from here?
joseph32

Activity: 413
Merit: 21

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 10:59:31 PM

Use --platform=1
pbfarmer

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 11:45:13 PM

I know how to use it, when instructed to I do, have, will. Otherwise, why do things the hard way, all the time, its just not logical?

So where to from here?

Yeah, not saying all the time - just in situations like yours, for debugging purposes, terminal is your friend.  'teamredminer.exe --help' is also useful.  As someone else already stated, try the parameter --platform=1.
kerney666

Activity: 658
Merit: 86

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 01:22:26 AM

So where to from here?

Yeah, not saying all the time - just in situations like yours, for debugging purposes, terminal is your friend.  'teamredminer.exe --help' is also useful.  As someone else already stated, try the parameter --platform=1.

The correct platform is detected just fine. It's an unfortunate choice of reusing the term "platform" in the error message. I'm guessing your Tahiti is device zero, but you're not applying the -d param correctly though. It seems to me like it's placed on a new line in the bat file, since the shell tries to execute the "program" called "-d" after the miner exists.

Do these two things and we'll get this sorted: (1) from the cmd prompt, in the directory where teamredminer.exe resides, run "teamredminer.exe --list_devices". Dump the output here and we'll verify the device list. Then (2) dump the content of your start.bat here as well, with any private data anonymized.

If you want to keep the window open when running the miner from e.g. Windows Explorer in a .bat file, add "pause" on a separate line at the end of the .bat.
KL0nLutiy1

Activity: 88

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 12:37:55 PM

@kerney666, what about MTP algo, do you plan to add it?
kerney666

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 02:31:47 PM

@kerney666, what about MTP algo, do you plan to add it?

The main part of MTP is dead simple, I'm truly amazed there aren't good open source miners out there already.

For the algos we add to this miner, we only select those where we truly feel we can add enough persistent value to warrant a higher-than-normal dev fee. MTP should/will have good miners shortly, or it's really an embarrasing fail for open source in crypto. Moreover, with the hack they've added with a binary stratum protocol to keep effective bandwidth down, this is a ton of work for us in this miner. Otoh, it would be very simple to add it to e.g. a sgminer clone. Last, I think AMD cards will have a hard time beating Nvidia from an efficiency perspective for this algo, which also means adoption might be much smaller than you'd hope for as a miner dev.

Given all this, the probability that we would ever get the time spent on MTP back is tiny, so we've opted not to do it. Tbh, if I had the time I would rather spend it on an open source implementation.

unsivilaudio

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 05:43:03 PM

*Patiently waiting for more cryptonight algorithms to be added so I can drop god-awful xmr-stak ux*
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 02:09:59 AM

Or he could do it the easy way and put pause in the end of the bat file
pbfarmer

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 09:57:19 PM

Or he could do it the easy way and put pause in the end of the bat file

Sure that's an option, though easier, esp for someone struggling w/ this concept, is arguable.  Also doesn't help w/ the fact that much of the documentation for this miner is only accessible via the help flag.
NCarter84

Activity: 195
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 02:27:13 AM

Lyra2zz?
hashit2passit

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 10:05:56 PM

Lyra2zz?

yes please!
tvukoman

Activity: 69
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 07:36:35 PM

stupid q, but  Grin

put in start.bat teamredminer.exe --help and add pause, but miner just close. No help displayed, without pause same result.

What I'm doing wrong?

txs
kerney666

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 07:31:40 PM

You know, I googled around for 5 mins trying to find any reference implementation for that algo mostly because I'm curious. I can't find any open source code that defines what lyra2zz looks like. It might be lyra2z with a different block header, I have no idea. If the LAPO people can send over any form of spec, I can at least take a look, right now it's looking really shady imho.
kerney666

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 07:36:18 PM

stupid q, but  Grin

put in start.bat teamredminer.exe --help and add pause, but miner just close. No help displayed, without pause same result.

What I'm doing wrong?

txs

Hard to say what you're doing wrong. If I put this in a .bat file in the same dir as the miner .exe, then double-click it in Windows explorer, I get the help page displayed and the expected pause:

File:
Code:
teamredminer.exe --help
pause

Output:
Code:
      --log_file=FILENAME   Enables logging of miner output into the file
                              specified by FILENAME.
      --help                Display this help message and exit.

C:\testing\teamredminer-v0.3.8-win>pause
Press any key to continue . . .
N2DCRYPT

Activity: 148
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 02:56:42 AM

Have you guys looked at grin at all? Currently no good amd implementation... kerney you seem particularly good at making initial assessments on gcn viability for algos, what are your thoughts on the grin coin POW?
hashit2passit

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 09:16:07 AM

You know, I googled around for 5 mins trying to find any reference implementation for that algo mostly because I'm curious. I can't find any open source code that defines what lyra2zz looks like. It might be lyra2z with a different block header, I have no idea. If the LAPO people can send over any form of spec, I can at least take a look, right now it's looking really shady imho.

https://github.com/LapoLab ?
iRonNuke

Activity: 98
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 09:55:13 AM

Hi are you planning to implement the new Stellite algorithm Cn/Half?
KL0nLutiy1

Activity: 88

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 10:09:36 AM

Lyra2zz implementation: https://github.com/fancyIX/sgminer-phi2-branch/commit/3054ddaeadad5a3797f611872f4b298052a2273f
heavyarms1912

Activity: 729
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 08:51:39 PM

@kerney666 lyra2v3 will be ready?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: