Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:30:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TeamRedMiner - Old Thread  (Read 85753 times)
slim87

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 09:44:45 AM

Does somebody have similare problems:

I'm mining monero with the current redminer 0.5.7. Beside that hyper-v with a few VM's are also running on the same server (they create almost no load on the cpu).

Well as soon as I start the miner, a few minutes later the system is almost not usebale and I see that the task "System interrupt" from Windows coming up all the time in the taskmgr. This is usally not a good sign.

The miner is running on the host system not on a vm. It seems like the miner is using the cpu on a heavy basis even if I don't see it on much cpu load (usally a few % only).

Thanks for every helpful answer. I already tried: --no_cpu_check this didn't help.

best regars
sergioheadache

Activity: 43

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 10:04:08 AM

Does somebody have similare problems:

I'm mining monero with the current redminer 0.5.7. Beside that hyper-v with a few VM's are also running on the same server (they create almost no load on the cpu).

Well as soon as I start the miner, a few minutes later the system is almost not usebale and I see that the task "System interrupt" from Windows coming up all the time in the taskmgr. This is usally not a good sign.

The miner is running on the host system not on a vm. It seems like the miner is using the cpu on a heavy basis even if I don't see it on much cpu load (usally a few % only).

Thanks for every helpful answer. I already tried: --no_cpu_check this didn't help.

best regars

i had that same problem, tried everything, until i finally replaced the motherboard, it was an asus mining expert.
do you have the same board by any chance ?

slim87

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 10:43:06 AM

no I have something really different. It might be hardware related, that I assigned to many cores to the VM's but still it doesn't make much sense for me that I only have problems when the miner is running.
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 11:41:50 AM

no I have something really different. It might be hardware related, that I assigned to many cores to the VM's but still it doesn't make much sense for me that I only have problems when the miner is running.

How many threads does the miner use? You assigned to comply with certain cores/threads CPU VM and miner or only VM? Maybe that's the problem.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
slim87

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 11:51:18 AM

The miner runs on the phyiscal host directly not in a VM. So everything that is available at the time he can use, which is almost everything. Because the cpu load is always about 2-5%....
kerney666

Activity: 658
Merit: 86

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 08:08:09 PM

The miner runs on the phyiscal host directly not in a VM. So everything that is available at the time he can use, which is almost everything. Because the cpu load is always about 2-5%....

The miner doesn't really use much cpu power, we enqueue jobs on the gpu and (potentially) verify shares on the cpu, that's about it. I'd guess this is something happening in lower layers, i.e. gpu device driver/hypervisor clash.

What (gpu) driver version do you use? And, is the problem specific for TRM, or all miners? Have you tried lowering the cn_config intensity, checking if it is a vram allocation issue?
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 09:29:39 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2019, 07:37:28 AM by fapar

I understand that, but you don't understand what I'm trying to tell you. Let's try the example of analogy: in the days of mining on the graphics cards of the scrypt algorithm could run the miner and simultaneously play some game. At the end of the game, a large number of HW errors were seen in the statistics of miners - this was due to the use of two processes of the power of one graphics card. Also you, no matter how much the processor is loaded (2-5% or 90%) because VM and miner can use the same CPU core/thread. I suggest you force certain cores/threads to match certain processes. For example, a TeamRedMiner uses cores 1-4 and VM 5-8.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
smoth1314

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 12:55:04 AM

Desperate for some help. My vega 56 rig is doing fine but my 580 rig will not get more than 800hs per card. I have 6 sapphire nitro+, all Samsung 2100mhz memory. Trying to mine monero with them just now and nowhere near the 1000hs a card that people are saying. Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated as I want to mine the last days before randomx. I've read through the posts and tried various settings but stuck at 800, maybe I'm missing something simple
NCarter84

Activity: 195
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 03:26:36 AM

Desperate for some help. My vega 56 rig is doing fine but my 580 rig will not get more than 800hs per card. I have 6 sapphire nitro+, all Samsung 2100mhz memory. Trying to mine monero with them just now and nowhere near the 1000hs a card that people are saying. Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated as I want to mine the last days before randomx. I've read through the posts and tried various settings but stuck at 800, maybe I'm missing something simple

Need to run them higher than 2100 memory... 2200/2250... Core 1250... That should bump you up.

Assuming they have been bios mod?
SigiSinatra

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 01:21:26 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2019, 02:13:22 AM by SigiSinatra

Hi.
I have problem with my vega rig on grin 29.
Hashrate jumps from 4 to 6 mh constantly (every 1~2 seconds) on all gpus and non of them can reach 7mh.
I disabled all vegas and tried one by one but same problem appears on each of them in single mining mode. (This rig works fine with all other algos including c31)
On the other rig I have one vega (+some 580) and it works normal...constantly 7.3mh without hashreate drops.
On both rigs I use same odt settings and have same driver version (Adrenaline 19.6.2)
What can be the potential issue?
ku4eto

Activity: 194

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 07:40:14 AM

Hi.
Hashrate jumps from 4 to 6 mh constantly (every 1~2 seconds) on all gpus and non of them can reach 7mh.
I disabled all vegas and tried one by one but same problem appears on each of them in single mining mode. (This rig works fine with all other algos including c31)
On the other rig I have one vega (+some 580) and it works normal...constantly 7.3mh without hashreate drops.
On both rigs I use same odt settings and have same driver version (Adrenaline 19.6.2)

Temperature or power throttling.
SigiSinatra

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 11:32:13 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2019, 11:53:54 AM by SigiSinatra

Hi.

It's not temperature (55~60) and as mentioned rig works great on all other algos.
How is possible that single gpu (while all other are disabled) has power throttling?
Rig works fine even with MPT and ProgPow which draw a lot more power.
kerney666

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 02:51:05 PM

Hi.

It's not temperature (55~60) and as mentioned rig works great on all other algos.
How is possible that single gpu (while all other are disabled) has power throttling?
Rig works fine even with MPT and ProgPow which draw a lot more power.

If there's anything separating grin/cd29 from the other algos it's that it's _really_ pushing the amount of allocated vram per gpu. It's not the amount of swap available on your rig though, then it should run fine on a single gpu. I can't say I have heard about this issue before though, hmm.

Can you lock the p-states in ODNT just to make sure you aren't bouncing around? Also, can you check with HWiNFO64 how much vram you have available on the Vegas when you are idle vs when you are running cd29? Can you also check the same HWiNFO64 nrs on the rig that is working fine?

zenstrive

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 02:34:48 AM

So, any updates on Navi front?
nn47nn

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 08:39:07 PM

So, any updates on x16v2?
kerney666

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 08:56:14 PM

It'll be out in a few hours, just wrapped up testing. Stay tuned.
kerney666

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 09:35:05 PM

It'll be out in a few hours, just wrapped up testing. Stay tuned.

Released on our discord server and github now, todxx will update threads here on bitcointalk in a bit.
todxx (OP)

Activity: 176
Merit: 76

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 10:46:15 PM

Team Red Miner v0.5.9 released

https://github.com/todxx/teamredminer/releases

Changes in v0.5.9
  • Added x16rv2 for the upcoming Ravencoin fork.
  • Optimization work on x16r: +8-10% hashrate depending on clocks.
  • Optimization work on x16r: mem clock no longer as important.
  • Issue fix: kernels split into multiple binaries to fix linux amdgpu-pro driver issues.

We've added x16rv2 algo for the upcoming Ravencoin fork! (Also BitCash and a few others)
We've also put a ton of effort to squeeze out as much performance as we could for the x16* algos in this release, with an up to 10% speed-up.
du44

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 08:40:49 PM

Still now news about 5700/xt support?

hello
zenstrive

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 27, 2019, 05:29:20 AM

Yeah, man, we navi miners need some love too, man.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: