Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:36:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy on ICO or buy after being exchanged?  (Read 18518 times)
target
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1041

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 05:29:11 PM

This is a difficult question . When you buy in ICO, you will receive incentives from the project and you can buy tokens with extremely low prices. But it can also make you lose a lot of money when the token price is not high after listing

Its not about price going up after listing, its about bonuses you get when investing on ICO. Some traders are actually taking it a serious business to buy on ICO for bonuses. Being an ICO participant gives your the to have the tokens in your hands while the token is abut to get listed. Its now just up to you to take profit or wait for the expected price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryppy_guyL

Activity: 325
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 05:32:33 PM

from the little experience gathered over a period of years in the ICO and project promotion phase and after it enlists in an exchanger, the best idea is to buy the tokens when it gets to the exchanger as the price gets to reduce too and makes a better buy opportunity to the prospective investors. just my opinion though.
It is better to wait until the price falls to its minimum and when it starts a gradual increase, buy it, so at least it is clear the project is not doomed to death, and if you buy at once, the probability of losing all the money invested is too high

ameliana

Activity: 887
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 05:35:25 PM

I personally prefer to buy coins after ICO enters the exchange market. Because when you enter a coin it has entered the exchange market you can find out the development of coins. We also have to spend time doing research so we don't buy coins wrong.
besides, the ICO price after entering the exchange usually goes down so buying it at that time is very profitable because so far I have not seen any ICO that has a higher price after entering the exchange.
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 05:46:44 PM

many people took advantage at the ICO, especially when the Private Sale and Presal. it gives a bonus. well, but many people sometimes wait for the market before buying it. well, it all depends on someone's needs. for myself, when I need a coin, I might buy it on the market.
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 05:50:13 PM

I think if you ask a similar question, then you are not very good at ICO, and therefore did not make a detailed analysis of the projects. Based on this, I can advise you not to invest in ICOs in the current period, neither before nor after listing on the exchange.
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 05:51:59 PM

I see and observe recently that many ICOs are below the ICO price when they touch the exchange. Do you think it's a smart step to wait for an exchange and buy the tokens you want?
I don't think so, because if the project is good enough and has a high trust from the community, the price won't be dumped. Buying underprice token from an exchange just after the token listed same as burning down your own money, just my opinion.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 05:56:36 PM

It depends on token distribution. It depends some factors like How much bonus was given to early investors? And the potential of the project. ICO is quite risky investment and massive research is needed prior to invest into any project.
If it is not special project, price falls immediately after it enters into exchange. So if anyone wants any token badly, may be after ICO is the right time to accumulate. But please do not consider it as financial advice. Cause every crypto is unique
mickey_miner

Activity: 910
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 08:37:11 PM

I see and observe recently that many ICOs are below the ICO price when they touch the exchange. Do you think it's a smart step to wait for an exchange and buy the tokens you want?
Yes. Now it is very rare when tokens after listing on the exchange begin to trade above the ICO price.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
W2014

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 08:46:43 PM

Buying ICO tokens on exchanges doesn´t really help ICO. If everyone would buy ICO tokens after the sale on exchanges, there will not be any ICOs.  Roll Eyes

VIAZ   ►   First Major Decentralized Peer-to-Peer Funding Platform on Tezos   ◄
WEBSITE | BOUNTY CAMPAIGN | WHITEPAPER | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM
dizzy1996

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

MoonDeFi

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 08:53:27 PM

Everything depends of course on the project itself, but as happens in most cases, it is better to buy all the tokens for pre-sale, because at this stage of sales the investors get the biggest discounts on these tokens and on these bonuses, you can also buy after the completion of sales tokens on decentralized exchanges and soon sell when the token will be listed on large exchanges.

► MoonDefi ◄ ♦ Decentralised Protocol For Automated Liquidity ♦ ► MoonDefi ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit
Ricardo66667

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 08:54:57 PM

Most definitely. A huge loss on main sale investor's dollars is par for the course for ICOs in the past 12 months and it doesn't look like changing any time soon.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 08:58:01 PM

Everything depends of course on the project itself, but as happens in most cases, it is better to buy all the tokens for pre-sale, because at this stage of sales the investors get the biggest discounts on these tokens and on these bonuses, you can also buy after the completion of sales tokens on decentralized exchanges and soon sell when the token will be listed on large exchanges.
Mainly smart investors prefer to buy for cheap prices and it doesn't matter where they get these tokens. Pre ICO and private sale prices are cheaper than ICO price and there is no guarantee for early investors about profit/loss ratio after getting  listed on exchanges.
Patrix_1

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 08:59:51 PM

Definitely after the first exchange listing, because it does not make sense to pay 10 cents per coin during the TGE phase. It is a much better decision to wait for several more months and to get the same token for 1 cent.
hirngespenst

Activity: 812
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 09:25:46 PM

Actually, it depends on the project. Investing in ICO project is a good decision if that ICO confirmed as a good project. Because in ICOs, people get a huge bonus, even some ICO gives 40-50% bonus! Even if you invest in Presale or Private sale then you will have more bonus! That's why people still continue investing in ICO projects. After listing on exchanges, coin's price can be dumped, but still, ICO investors will be the win. But if that project doesn't well enough then buying from the exchange would be the best choice.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 09:28:47 PM

Today now it is obvious. After the ICO project finishes, the projects coin prices drops 1/10. If you bought a coin from $1 after the ICO time you can buy them $0.1 in the exchanges. This problem comes out because of the bounty hunters. Ofcourse i am not blaming them, they work and need money. I believe that if the ICO projects pays with another coins there would be no problem. They can pay with BTC or ETH and that time their coins wouldn't loose their worth.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 09:39:25 PM

The project will not push through if you will not buy on their ICO, this is the reason why they do crowdfunding so they can go on with the project and launch their platform, and besides they offer a generous bonus for participants, so it's worth to invest in ICO.

Chomsy
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 09:41:51 PM

With the many re-occurring disappointments after ICO listing, I won't advise any one to buy on ICO now. I better wait for exchange then go in big with a projects worth it.
AngelOnCrypto

Activity: 66
Merit: 14

ICO Bounty Hunting Guides and Tips

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 09:48:27 PM

There is no universal answer to this question.
I want to point out one interesting moment to buy tokens - right after bounty distribution. Most of the bounty hunters are dumping their tokens ASAP.
The price usually drops more than 50% on this day and tokens can be bought cheaply.

smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:18:16 PM

There is no universal answer to this question.
I want to point out one interesting moment to buy tokens - right after bounty distribution. Most of the bounty hunters are dumping their tokens ASAP.
The price usually drops more than 50% on this day and tokens can be bought cheaply.

That's true but you will not see that happens if the project did not get enough funds to push with the project, of course, it's good to buy when it is dumping in exchange but you also need to buy in their ICO stage to support the project.
sell my ac_________nt

Activity: 448
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:30:47 PM

I think that if the project is promising after listing on the stock exchange, its price begins to grow. But in today's market, I don't invest in ICOs at all because even strong projects after listing start to lose in value.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: