Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 10:17:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy on ICO or buy after being exchanged?  (Read 18520 times)
BCTS

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 10:33:32 PM

I think that it is still better to buy coins or tokens of new projects on the exchange, since investing in the project during the ICO is quite a big risk.

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram    facebook    TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 10:35:02 PM

As many would have say it already, buy after it is getting listed in exchanges. You can get better deal than pre-ICO or ICO prices. But I would say, buy only the real promising ones. Most of them are crap and pump and dump so there's no use of buying them if you can't sell them afterwards.
nicecrypto

Activity: 1260
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2019, 03:42:31 AM

since we are no longer in 2017 where crypto was at it's highest peak, buying from exchange seem to be a better option, the bonus % given to private investors by ico founders just to get the needed funds to establish their project is one of the reasons there constant dump once any ico manage to get listed in any exchange,

they have to cash out initial investment so they sell at rediculous prices, then small investors will suffer, as long as ico's keep offering private investors such huge bonus, dump will always occur, and more reason exchange will be a better option.
wedosgibas

Activity: 535
Merit: 33

here we go

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2019, 03:52:46 AM

since we are no longer in 2017 where crypto was at it's highest peak, buying from exchange seem to be a better option, the bonus % given to private investors by ico founders just to get the needed funds to establish their project is one of the reasons there constant dump once any ico manage to get listed in any exchange,

they have to cash out initial investment so they sell at rediculous prices, then small investors will suffer, as long as ico's keep offering private investors such huge bonus, dump will always occur, and more reason exchange will be a better option.

Right, plus if there is a Bounty campaign, airdrop, it will make things worse. Projects with bad teams will be difficult to go up the market or disappear quickly.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 04:02:43 AM

Right, plus if there is a Bounty campaign, airdrop, it will make things worse. Projects with bad teams will be difficult to go up the market or disappear quickly.
Only the project which created by reliable developer can survive in the future consider about the fact that major exchange sites are only wanna listing the trusted platform which have fully working product. Bounty and airdrop should not be a lot of problem if the team can't provide a big liquidity
nikogluttonym

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 04:08:55 AM

This is now the most sensible strategy. It will help you save your investment.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
libert19

Activity: 2548
Merit: 952

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2019, 04:46:09 AM

It's usually a good idea to buy ico token once it hits on exchanges but on some rare cases like FET, it's not.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 04:56:35 AM

I see and observe recently that many ICOs are below the ICO price when they touch the exchange. Do you think it's a smart step to wait for an exchange and buy the tokens you want?

Either way, it's profitable as long as the project is good you can buy on their ICO and enjoy the bonus they are offering, some ICO's are offering as high as 0% of the coins you bought, you can also buy the coin when it hit the exchange, provided that people will dump their coin in a cheap price.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 02:07:38 PM

I see and observe recently that many ICOs are below the ICO price when they touch the exchange. Do you think it's a smart step to wait for an exchange and buy the tokens you want?

I suggest you to buy on ICO sale and after sale when their token / coin already listed on exchanges.
I don't think buy the token only in exchange is a smart step as investor, because the ICO maybe won't raised enough funds from the sale.
If that happening, you won't get the chance to buy their token in the exchanges because they failed.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Ricardo66667

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 12:10:27 PM

It's usually a good idea to buy ico token once it hits on exchanges but on some rare cases like FET, it's not.

Binance launchpad ICO's are in a different class to everything else. It's a guaranteed pump to 4x. All other ICO's are far more likley to show debut valuation of a division by 4.
joeperry

Activity: 2170
Merit: 465

Telegram: @jperryC

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 12:15:00 PM

I've been an investor of ICO and I can guarantee that it's not worth if you're not a big investor the only advantage if you're an investor is that you can get a discount, airdrop and other things but if you think that the project will be known for it's uniqueness I suggest that you just wait for it to be listed in exchange and wait for the those people who are dumping their coins and buy it all at low price then sell it on when it rises.

The investors on ICO are holders since they bought it at let's say 2$ but when it hits the exchange it might drop to 0.1$

maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2019, 03:17:16 AM

before listing, if the project is good and successful, usually the token exchange rate will rise after listing on the exchanger. everything is uncertain, sometimes it also goes down after listing. so everything depends on the project.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
CryptoTech_

Activity: 994
Merit: 106

Official Street Team member

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 03:27:04 AM

Buy during ICO you will get a fairly large Bonus usually that you can't possibly get in the market
Buy in the market you can get a cheaper price? it depends on the project if the project is good I think the price in the market will also be good, not lower than the ICO

Beyond Protocol Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk thread
modmalaney

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 03:40:09 AM

I think that all depends on the results of your research on the ICO project. So far, I have conducted research on the ICO that I will invest. If ICO is very good and reliable, I will invest when ICO runs. Because investing in an ongoing ICO will get more bonuses or discounts.
kolitski

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 03:46:37 AM

I would choose on buying ICO because it has more benefits we can get in there, we can get big bunos and that is another extra income to the investors.

overnight03

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 04:04:23 AM

I think that it is still better to buy coins or tokens of new projects on the exchange, since investing in the project during the ICO is quite a big risk.

When we buy coins / tokens when they are listed on the exchange, our risk is also quite large if their prices are too low compared to ICO prices, especially you must see their volume, if it is too small, you should not participate will be the best choice

Aldrinx00

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 04:04:47 AM

In the current situation it's not good to buy on ICOS because when it gets listed on exchange the price is 10x lower than the ICO price, for me it's better to wait and buy it on exchanges because with small amount of capital you can buy a lot.

Litzki1990

Activity: 1260
Merit: 350

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 04:11:06 AM

I think that is not the smart step to buy tokens in the exchange even you can buy there a dip price of tokens, i believe smart step is to buy during the ICO because you can get there a huge of bunos for the investors if you want to buy in there.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
briana samomingkir

Activity: 350
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 04:12:47 AM

If you are not sure that investing in ICO you better go to the Crypto market. And buy coins that are already established and have a large trading volume. It is indeed not easy to invest in ICO because many ICO projects are a scam. So many people hesitate to invest.

◌▬▬◌ CRYPTOXYGEN | A Crypto Exchange Integrated In Hardware Thomson Computing ◌▬▬◌
ICO IS LIVE NOW‼ ▬◌ Visit : www.cryptoxygen.io
[/center
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 04:13:47 AM

When we buy coins / tokens when they are listed on the exchange, our risk is also quite large if their prices are too low compared to ICO prices, especially you must see their volume, if it is too small, you should not participate will be the best choice

But atleast you can sell them and you can still earn some profit compare to a coin that you invest during ico .

what if the ico is scam ?  No listing will happen , that also means that you cant get anything even cents because no one will get interested to buy your coins  .  

But atleast buying during ico have lots of bonuses while there is no known rewards if you bought the coin on exchange  .  thats there pros and cons  .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: