Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:03:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Biblepay BBP Community Discussion Thread  (Read 23722 times)
cuarc001

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2019, 01:40:01 AM

Yeah...I found that today. The sure aren't making things simple by murking the waters are they? I think what I was using was from bittube.me which I still have an account for. However, that does not use the same login for the bittubeapp. So, I will give this a shot and see how it goes.
cuarc001

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2019, 11:35:52 PM

Yeah...I found that today. The sure aren't making things simple by murking the waters are they? I think what I was using was from bittube.me which I still have an account for. However, that does not use the same login for the bittubeapp. So, I will give this a shot and see how it goes.

Any idea why they have bittube.me and bittubeapp.com still? Different logins. Are they the same people or competing offerings?
secoccular

Activity: 226
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 12:10:32 AM

Any idea why they have bittube.me and bittubeapp.com still? Different logins. Are they the same people or competing offerings?

Can we at least try to keep the discussion on BiblePay Community?
sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2019, 07:06:29 PM

This is the Chrome extension I'm using: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bittube-airtime-donations/cnogbbmciffpibmkphohpebghmomaemi?hl=en

We're just talking about alternatives especially if we have computers we used for PoDC (defunct Proof of Distributed Computing), but now want to seek new ways to use the computers. PoBH is certainly a possibility, but without anti-botnet features currently, its kind of a moot point. I read they have ABN which they are experimenting with now in 14.0.1 in testnet, so it might be coming. You will need coin age like you did with Proof of Giving (PoG).

I don't know, at this point, I may just stay quiet, hope for a moon, and dump BBP when it is makes financial. I'm seriously sick of Rob's BS.

You can support charity directly without complication and dealing with a paranoid crypto dev.

cuarc001

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2019, 12:03:17 AM

This is the Chrome extension I'm using: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bittube-airtime-donations/cnogbbmciffpibmkphohpebghmomaemi?hl=en

We're just talking about alternatives especially if we have computers we used for PoDC (defunct Proof of Distributed Computing), but now want to seek new ways to use the computers. PoBH is certainly a possibility, but without anti-botnet features currently, its kind of a moot point. I read they have ABN which they are experimenting with now in 14.0.1 in testnet, so it might be coming. You will need coin age like you did with Proof of Giving (PoG).

I don't know, at this point, I may just stay quiet, hope for a moon, and dump BBP when it is makes financial. I'm seriously sick of Rob's BS.

You can support charity directly without complication and dealing with a paranoid crypto dev.

Thanks Sunk, that is what I'm using now. It certainly works more like it should to be appealing.

I too got tired of the hypocrisy that came from the Dev of this coin. I've seen how he treats everyone, lies and manipulates. The reason investors are leaving are because of him. Not because of the "negativity" that a few forum members bring. People don't trust a Dev that censors the truth and makes up his own version of things. They also don't like it when they are called Satanists just for having a different opinion on technology. What he doesn't understand is that every one of the people he pushed away or out of his thread are indeed investors in some way and he is the one hurting them. He hurts the support he is offered and he hurts any positive word of mouth that the project would normally have.
sunk818

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2019, 02:46:46 AM

Thanks Sunk, that is what I'm using now. It certainly works more like it should to be appealing.

The chrome extension is pretty cool. I didn't even know they had miners on cryptonote w/ 2 minute block times. The ability to segregate the technology from daily usage is really amazing to me.

The HTML5 or web based parts of the wallet sound promising in that respect. Rob's not a front end design guy so hopefully he recognizes his weak points and farms out that stuff to more competent people.

secoccular

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 03:27:19 AM

The chrome extension is pretty cool. I didn't even know they had miners on cryptonote w/ 2 minute block times. The ability to segregate the technology from daily usage is really amazing to me.

The HTML5 or web based parts of the wallet sound promising in that respect. Rob's not a front end design guy so hopefully he recognizes his weak points and farms out that stuff to more competent people.

I mined it for a bit. The algo, CN Heavy variant, was kind of hard on the GPUs. It was just easier to mine a lighter cryptonight coin like turtle or aeon with less impact, and just get TUBE through the chrome extension. Bittube has gone through a lot, and the ideas keep coming.
sunk818

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2019, 03:14:32 PM

I mined it for a bit. The algo, CN Heavy variant, was kind of hard on the GPUs. It was just easier to mine a lighter cryptonight coin like turtle or aeon with less impact, and just get TUBE through the chrome extension. Bittube has gone through a lot, and the ideas keep coming.

I've also been crunching on distributed.computer on a few machines. Lately, BiblePay miner on Windows is crashing on me intermittently. Linux biblepayd is solid. I get 2.5khps (Linux) vs 2.0khps (Windows 10) on my i5 3.2Ghz 4 core. So, I"ll see if I can run Chrome browser unattended on distributed.computer and see if that fares better. I don't feel Rob is into fixing hard problems like miner crashes when he's coding his new toys. I can understand the desire, but I feel its just disregard for the fundamentals. Internal miner should be flawless since its a critical process to keep the network secure.

secoccular

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 04:17:31 PM

I've also been crunching on distributed.computer on a few machines. Lately, BiblePay miner on Windows is crashing on me intermittently. Linux biblepayd is solid. I get 2.5khps (Linux) vs 2.0khps (Windows 10) on my i5 3.2Ghz 4 core. So, I"ll see if I can run Chrome browser unattended on distributed.computer and see if that fares better. I don't feel Rob is into fixing hard problems like miner crashes when he's coding his new toys. I can understand the desire, but I feel its just disregard for the fundamentals. Internal miner should be flawless since its a critical process to keep the network secure.

That's the real balancing act--between stability and innovation. Rob clearly favors the latter. I don't like change-for-change's-sake because it increases an already complex set of concepts. Plus it invalidates a bunch of the documentation, so it leaves things hanging until someone can circle back and update the docs.

Check out how many sites still are advertising "Biblepay PODC" https://duckduckgo.com/?q=biblepay+podc&atb=v153-6_l&ia=web
sunk818

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2019, 08:55:02 PM

That's the real balancing act--between stability and innovation. Rob clearly favors the latter. I don't like change-for-change's-sake because it increases an already complex set of concepts. Plus it invalidates a bunch of the documentation, so it leaves things hanging until someone can circle back and update the docs.

Check out how many sites still are advertising "Biblepay PODC" https://duckduckgo.com/?q=biblepay+podc&atb=v153-6_l&ia=web

You get it. Some of that content can still be leveraged as redirecting marketing text. No point in deleting it... but there's no clear direction from PoDC for CPU users. PoBH is the current default, but the mining reward will go away when PoG comes back. So, what do we have left? Proof of Giving (PoG) which relies on coin age with no CPU mining required. So, essentially, Rob has decided all the CPU miners are not worth holding on to. Grandma hasn't really materialized because crypto is hard to understand by itself, let alone trying to introduce all these complex concepts. I wonder what population BiblePay is trying to target. Tech savvy Christians? How many of those exist that want to use crypto for charity?

secoccular

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 09:06:00 PM

You get it. Some of that content can still be leveraged as redirecting marketing text. No point in deleting it... but there's no clear direction from PoDC for CPU users. PoBH is the current default, but the mining reward will go away when PoG comes back. So, what do we have left? Proof of Giving (PoG) which relies on coin age with no CPU mining required. So, essentially, Rob has decided all the CPU miners are not worth holding on to. Grandma hasn't really materialized because crypto is hard to understand by itself, let alone trying to introduce all these complex concepts. I wonder what population BiblePay is trying to target. Tech savvy Christians? How many of those exist that want to use crypto for charity?

I think Rob wrote a while back, that BBP is for a tech-savvy Christian audience. I find that an odd stance, limiting the popularity right out of the gate. I wonder if Rob is really OK with that. You can't get a top 250 coin by alienating the average crypto person. We can have wide appeal, or we can have an exclusive club that requires a lot of time and research to play, as you said. But I don't think there are many "investors" who have a lot of time to mess with this.

It's been a challenge for me to discuss BBP with Christians at large, because, as you noted, they don't really understand crypto at all, much less PODC, PoG, Evolution. I think we've forgotten how terribly deep we've gone down the rabbit hole.

PODC was really nice, because it appealed to Christians and Good Samaritans alike. It's just about doing good, right? Or do we not want soiled non-believer money and involvement? Can we really afford in this market to exclude anyone? We shall see...
sunk818

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2019, 02:01:48 AM

PODC was really nice, because it appealed to Christians and Good Samaritans alike. It's just about doing good, right? Or do we not want soiled non-believer money and involvement? Can we really afford in this market to exclude anyone? We shall see...

This would have gone really nicely with PoDC. If PoBH mining varied based on your mining stake, the hps throttles and PoDC could have kicked in to do some BOINC tasks.

https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay-evolution/commit/29c6cd8163b33e1e328ecd867af986d87719a4ef
- Enhance ABN mining (allow miner to sleep if block is not late and ABN is insufficient, ensure all miners wake up when blocks are late)

Bitcoin LE has a time out feature where all miners take a break...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4951492.0

Again, that window could be used for other things like BOINC tasks (or mine another altcoin I guess).

sunk818

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2019, 04:31:29 AM

Since BiblePay PoDC and PoDC unbanked are gone, are you doing anything else useful with Android smartphones?

I saw Neummanium mentioned Einstein@Home and SETI@Home, but I'm not sure if they are paying Neummanium for those projects any more...?

https://icesword.co.jp/en/computingforgood/

secoccular

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 09:17:51 AM

Since BiblePay PoDC and PoDC unbanked are gone, are you doing anything else useful with Android smartphones?

I saw Neummanium mentioned Einstein@Home and SETI@Home, but I'm not sure if they are paying Neummanium for those projects any more...?

https://icesword.co.jp/en/computingforgood/

I used to get Neummanium automatically with 0Byte on WCG. Not sure haven't done a lot of boinc crunching lately. But I don't expect Neum to be a big winner. 

Really 0byte is the only good coin I've found that rises even in this market. The payout is much better than gridcoin too.

I'm looking at a curecoin/foldingcoin merged setup for desktop. It uses Chrome for a client, and chugs along in the background without much trouble.  Kind of Boinc Lite. I believe it has an android client, and is of course a charity coin.

There have been a lot improvements for miners on android.  I've been mining Uplexa with phones recently. It has a really nice client that can adjust number of cores and CPU time, and gets decent hash rate.  Near gone are the days of overheating phones. I suspect there are other CPU coins that work decently on android. It's just finding them.
cuarc001

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2019, 01:28:15 PM

Actually, you don't have to use the Chrome install they have. You can use the other clients. Once our Cure/folding coin accounts are set up, you just fold however you need as long as you are attached to their team. I won't switch teams, so will only receive Curecoin. I also don't give Folding@home much attention as I don't like how it has been ran over the years. They treat their donors like crap.

Neummanium appears dead. I've not received anything from them since probably November 2018. Nothing from the Devs for months in their thread here (well I haven't checked recently anyways). The only way you got rewards from SETI and Einstein is if you bought their hardware. Otherwise, you had to run WCG. I converted mine to WAVES and think it amounted to like 1 Wave token. At least that has real value. https://hardforum.com/threads/earn-neummanium-with-distributed-computing.1971444/

DCC (SPARC) is no longer rewarding for BOINC. So, you have to run their work to get rewarded.

I will have to look into Uplexa.

Are you already getting Electroneum on your phone? https://hardforum.com/threads/how-to-earn-electroneum-on-an-android-device-simulated-mining.1960821/#post-1043637926 That setup guide is a bit old but should be pretty simple still. They changed their mobile miner a bit. Instead of "simulated mining" on your phone, they now do the "simulated mining" on their servers. Basically, now you just check in once a week to "extend mining" and maybe do a selfy. Don't even need the app running the whole time. It isn't a lot but it is "free".
secoccular

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 04:25:59 PM

Sounds easy enough to add to my phone with uplexa, and a browser window mining surfcoin. 3 coins on an old phone...not bad.

I'm especially interested in "free" coins or ones that use so little resources they're basically free, so thanks for the tip on Electroneum. My goal is 6 coins mined at the same time on a phone.

Do you know of any decent coins that will mine from an android wallet?

cuarc001

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2019, 11:33:38 PM

I do not, but would be interested in one as well. I have roughly 25 phones crunching BOINC 24/7 in my home because I keep picking up "free" phones from Straight talk when I order my service plan cards each month. It is sad when it is cheaper to get a whole new phone then to replace a bloated battery....

If you come across any other Android friendly coins, please keep me in mind. Smiley
sunk818

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 04:09:17 AM

I do not, but would be interested in one as well. I have roughly 25 phones crunching BOINC 24/7 in my home because I keep picking up "free" phones from Straight talk when I order my service plan cards each month. It is sad when it is cheaper to get a whole new phone then to replace a bloated battery....

If you come across any other Android friendly coins, please keep me in mind. Smiley

I may have to explore that StraightTalk angle. I tried Einstein@Home with my Android and didn't get any credit.

Maybe GRCpool for Android BOINC? I can't really see CPU mining on ARM being that successful. Even on my TinkerBoard I get at max 200 hps on 4 cores 100% on ARM Rockchip.

sunk818

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2019, 05:12:30 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2019, 06:29:04 PM by sunk818

If I misread that, my bad, happy to be corrected.

I clearly gave three options:
1) I would submit a proposal
2) Rob can pay directly
3) Someone else can submit a proposal

I believe you are complicit in allowing toxic behavior to go unaddressed and focusing on the code and mission only. There's more to running a project than code. At this point, I want to have as little interaction with Rob as possible.

and what exactly is wrong if one ad is displayed at the bottom of the page.  Page owner  has to earn some revenue dont you think.

@Sun, please keep the negative rhetoric off the forum going forward.

@Sun, please keep the negative rhetoric off the forum going forward.

The conversation is between noxpost and I.

sunk818

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2019, 11:01:17 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2019, 11:21:48 PM by sunk818

You know my position on "misinformation" (this is any unprovable statement) - and of course its derogatory because your opinion is negative.

You can frame it however you want to distort your presentation to others. You erase my posts, so we only have your opinion as being the "truth".  I will not not tolerate your defamation of character and libelous statements. You've been warned about this many times. Tread carefully.

So dispel your myths that I want an unusable highly technical wallet with no support personnel.  I obviously want it to be refined with a support community

I'm sure you want support and robust community. I'm afraid you don't know the first thing about building and maintaining relationships. You obviously can't keep a team nor volunteer group together. We all come from different backgrounds, strengths, and traits... but it all boils down to your character. You're the biggest asset and unfortunately, biggest liability, in this project.

Unstable: the code speaks for itself. Three mandatory upgrades within six weeks when the standard is one mandatory every three months.

https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/commits/master

1187 - feb 10
1189 - feb 18
1199 - mar 13
1201 - mar 26

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: