Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:01:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Enhanced newbie restrictions & requirements  (Read 41274 times)
uyysidmc
Copper Member

Activity: 490
Merit: 7

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:13:35 AM

The wave of Copper shitposters is coming but it won't last for very long, after the first few bans they will start loosing money Smiley
I just want to buy copper membership to maintain my ANN thread. 😁
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trns.txt

Activity: 171
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:13:42 AM

I really like these words by Theymos:
"With help from DdmrDdmr, I just added 36 new merit sources, which should help newbies achieve the requirement. But if you're incapable of posting anything worthwhile, then you will never rank up, and you shouldn't: this isn't the forum for you."

After reading those words, I remind myself that yeah, this is a very great challenge where I must be more qualified to be still part of this forum. To be a worth member, and to reach at least junior member, I must make very good postings. So far, many of us only pay attention on the quantity of the posts, but now, I'm sure that we will really improve our posting quality, at least to get only 1 merit.

Is this that difficult to get only 1 merit? I myself still have no merit. But once more, this is a new rule from the administrator for the better forum. I believe that it is actually not too difficult for us to get only at least one merit if we can make a worthy and informative posts or comments.

I really appreciate this new rule. I'm sure that many people in this forum will accept this hardly, but we will start be aware that this new rule will affect better for this forum. just follow the rule, follow the flow, and be positive thinking. So, we can make a better and better postings.

Romeoetin

Activity: 240
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:14:29 AM

I know a lot of persons the will be disappointed including myself. Oh well.  It is what it is.  I do hope I post well enough to to be given a merit
blackssmith2018

Activity: 139

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:14:51 AM

Dear forum members who were demoted from Jr to Newbie,
Stop being panic and don't worry about this new rule. Now you (Including me) have given a chance to prove that you are worth to this forum by making meaningful and useful posts. Just focus on your works. Not on merits. If you deserve merits then you will be given. Just think this is a chance to pay your attention to your other bounty related works. Good luck.
Yha you right but how we can focus to our bounty if our rank is demoted? Bounty manager will Reject us Especially to the social media and Signature campaign because we did not meet the requirements.
logangbit

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:15:16 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2018, 08:37:16 AM by logangbit
Merited by The Cryptovator (1)

It's about time we see this kind of rule come to play. People will be conscious from now on and they will be more thoughtful about the things they write. Though on the other hand, this is most certainly a bad news for those who just keep posting shitposts and spam all over the forum. I haven't got any merit but I really appreciate Theymos decision as it will now motivate me to be a bit more careful. I appreciate that he has also increased merit source whuch will surely make it easy for newbie to get merit if their posts are merit worthy!
daejabu0314

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 08:16:09 AM

Hello Everyone...

This new merit requirements really affects a vast number of jr. members who do not posses only one single merit and this will affect those who really works hard to uplift their way of living, that includes me... Sad

But this new system will be a great help to reduce or to avoid shit posts, so I guess this is for the betterment of all users.

One favor to ask, please help me.  Sad
TBboys

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:19:16 AM

Great!the great victory of the Merit system, countless jr.member wears signatures to posts everywhere will be greatly reduced now.
And next consider whether to further ban social media links?  In my opinion, social media links are also the root of forum spams.I hope to see the forum can go a step further in combating spams.
Seeing every page is full of social media links,this is a disgusting feeling.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
cryptoflintcode

Activity: 81
Merit: 2

LOVE

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:21:32 AM
Merited by gentlemand (1), rybako (1)

Funny thing is that this made me know the "oga patapata" of the forum, been here for sometime now and didn't know who he was,

and this decision by Theymos looks like what Thanos did to the population of the universe, he just thinned out the population of the people on the forum, so the forum will survive. Which I know wasn't an easy decision but needed. (n.b somepeople agree with Thanos too)

But like Thanos no politician or government official was affected, just the avengers, hustlers and spammers.

But I think we all deserve this judgment, cos not all merits are merited.

I think it's a bitter pill in the mouth of we the affected ones. But we will all be alright last last.
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:31:34 AM
Merited by dbshck (2)

@theymos

After reading the changes for the second time, I would like to suggest this.
The users/posters should also be able to rank up without merit. But it should need a certain number of merit to use a signature that corresponds to the achieved rank.

Why:
1. Because the temptation to make money with signatures is in my opinion the main reason for the spam.
2. Newbies have a hard time getting noticed. I find myself not even reading post of newbies because I think it's all about raking up.
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 08:31:41 AM

"It's about time we see this kind of rule come to play. People will be conscious from now on and they will be more thoughtful about the things they write.

Agree. It's time to change bitcointalk. This implement will help build a spam free forum. Everyone will try now to make quality post. I am wondering to help few newbie as well expect one liner spammer. We need spend our smerit on quality post now to help good people.

Honestly, tell me, somehow these merits can be earned legally?
Why not ? Visit my merit history, do you think I earn it illegally ? It's not possible to earn huge merit  illegally. Even you made thousand post but post are not HQ or useful than you will never receive it legally. Change your posting behaviour try to contribute something around forum.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:32:53 AM
Merited by suchmoon (4), dbshck (2)

I feel sorry for my friends that are around on this forum for months but still struggling to get even 1 Merit, from jr.member down to newbie Sad , some of these guys having a hard time, difficulty using the English language etc. but at the same time this move by Theymos is a game changer regarding Spam and multiple account users. It's like a purge!
If they're having a hard time in using this language then it might be preferable if they'll just stick on their local board. I mean every local board have a merit sources and if your friends had posted something attribute and useful then he can be rewarded. Not because you're using this language doesn't mean it's good especially if it does affect the quality of your post.

And this isn't a purge as Theymos is just removing those who aren't qualify. Is that violence?

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
born2bit

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:33:52 AM

I read about this firstly in my local forum and it brings me here to know the details.

Well, everybody should be surprised seeing their Junior Rank member immediately down to newbie.
I myself got my Junior Member few days ago and now it is Newbie again  Grin Grin

No worry about it, just make qualified postings and hope to get the merit.
We should appreciate this decision, moreover, it brings this forum to be better.

I'm about almost two months in this forum and really think hard how to get merit. But, think hard only will not let me to get merit. The worthy and qualified postings are required. So, why should be afraid? let's keep moving as usual to make better and better posts.
ajiswaggs

Activity: 44

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:38:24 AM

Nice development from the admins...i think the junks I keep reading by this newbies everyday will reduced.

P. S: I will appreciate if I can get a merit from anyone, at least to keep my bounty task going.. Thanks in advance 😊
Shef198911

Activity: 1190
Merit: 60

Bounty Campaign Manager

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:39:18 AM

On the one hand Yes, it's a shame that many lowered, but if you look at it from the other side ? Interest in cryptocurrency is growing every day, the number of people wishing to earn is growing, and everyone refers to this forum... And if a would be a reasonable people, they would not have to create posts only in order to fulfill the requirement of constructive posts, auxiliary posts, was ten times less than usual, after a few years this forum would be a dump, this new system, the rank may postpone this moment, and we can continue to do your stuff you came to this forum, but I also lowered the grade, but right now, I will try to get my credit ! so do not despair and work on improving ! Wink Smiley

◆ ━━━━❪✇ Bounty Campaign Manager ✇❫━━━━ ◆
*►*►*►  CONTACT ME FOR BUSINESS PROPOSAL◄*◄*◄
ⵈ━══════╗◊╔══════━ⵈ
zonasatu

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 08:40:27 AM

Regulations like this are good, but please give instructions to get merit, so that my signature account can be added more signature or give me merit.  Kiss
Wei H
Legendary

Activity: 1192
Merit: 1001

Chinese translator

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 08:42:09 AM

As a Legendary, can I pay the fee and to be a Copper member?
witcher_sense
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 4330

🔐BitcoinMessage.Tools🔑

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 08:43:11 AM

I used to dream of getting the rank of a member, and now I'm glad that I did not become a newbie. In truth, theymos teaches you to appreciate, what you have  Grin

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
trankil_

Activity: 95
Merit: 28

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:45:58 AM

Hi Theymos, this is a good news , the 36 new merit sources

could you, add too, new moderator who can help you to unlock account who are in "pending manual review" it will awesome !

thanks

Old Hero account locked (not hacked) waiting pending manual review since august 2017
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12972

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:48:35 AM

As a Legendary, can I pay the fee and to be a Copper member?

You can, but there isn't much point in doing so.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Lucifer1010

Activity: 384

>•❤️•<

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:51:25 AM

Regulations like this are good, but please give instructions to get merit, so that my signature account can be added more signature or give me merit.  Kiss

To get merit, you must make a constructive comment or post, and use a good words when you commenting or make a post. Correct me if i'm wrong  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: