Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:20:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Enhanced newbie restrictions & requirements  (Read 41274 times)
truehodler2018

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:51:56 AM

WOW! Such a big step taken by forum admins Smiley Although i got demoted for not having a merit, but i think this is for the best. I believe this new merit system will encourage new users to make a valuable post and stop the forum spamming. To be honest, recently this forum is filled with worthless posts, this needs to be stopped! Only those who shares valuable post deserve a merit. Also, i think we should encourage users to use the merit system, because people don't want to give merits anymore. I was reading couple of threads and i noticed that this could be the only drawback in this new rule. Hope users in this forum use the merit system more frequently. BTW i want to give merits to some posts , how can i do that ? I don't see any options to give merits.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RikyRO

Activity: 420
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 08:52:14 AM

I am doing translations from English into Romanian since May this year, I never got any Merit because my most activity is in the Romanian section of the forum and we don't have so many merit sources. Now I am unable to continue my work because being a Newbie I can't post any image in the forum and I think this is unfair. You guys said that to get merit you need to post a constructive post and to help the community and I think that's what I did, but still I got demoted to Newbie.
kenzawak

Activity: 658
Merit: 851

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:00:59 AM

Newbies' mood today :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Qmctlj2Vk
JetAid

Activity: 122
Merit: 20

Jet Cash's better half

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 09:03:34 AM

P. S: I will appreciate if I can get a merit from anyone, at least to keep my bounty task going.. Thanks in advance 😊

I see the begging has started in earnest, and many people are giving a merit to their bounty associates just to maintain the spamming system, The new merit changes were presumably designed to avoid this. I was against ( and still am )  the single merit requirement for juniors. It is too easy to conceal merit abuse at the single point level. I believe that bounty spamming restrictions should be placed on all new and junior members.

I disabled Fit to Talk registrations because of applications by non-member spammers. Click here to send me a PM if you would like to join.
anhvu52

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 09:04:27 AM

I think this is good, bring fairness to the active members, and join in for a long time.
I only regret that I joined Bitcointalk too late.  Cry
1richkid

Activity: 74

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:05:41 AM

Noted.
However, I feel there's still need for some adjustment to some of these rules.

Regards
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:06:50 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2018, 09:21:54 AM by Crypto Girl

I am doing translations from English into Romanian since May this year, I never got any Merit because my most activity is in the Romanian section of the forum and we don't have so many merit sources. Now I am unable to continue my work because being a Newbie I can't post any image in the forum and I think this is unfair.
Since you said you're a translator and posting an image bothered you, then avail a copper membership wherein even you're a newbie you can still upload images.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2385104.msg24371150#msg24371150

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:09:46 AM

For some is more like

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
CryptoJoop

Activity: 322
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 09:10:36 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2018, 12:09:11 PM by CryptoJoop
Merited by JetAid (2)

I totally understand the move because of so many shitposts that people place to make the signature requirements. Only why not just change the option to wear a signature to members+. So with 10 merits or more?

I am a BountyHunter, trying to build up a little portfolio of cryptocurrencies because I truly believe in the blockchain. Since I have no money to invest and missed the 2017 hype, Bountyhunting is the only way for me to do so.

Because of the demotion to Newbie, I cannot enter most bounty campaigns anymore and seriously reduces my ability to earn some crypto in a fair way.

●●⚫  CRYPTONITY  ▐|  The Crypto Community Exchange ▐|
Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018 ▐|● https://tokensale.cryptonity.io
JetAid

Activity: 122
Merit: 20

Jet Cash's better half

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 09:12:39 AM
Merited by Foxpup (2)

Now I am unable to continue my work because being a Newbie I can't post any image in the forum.

Why does it stop you working? You can still post a link to the image, and that avoids clogging the threads with images, especially when some selfish member quotes the image to increase the download size, and obscures the decent posts.

I disabled Fit to Talk registrations because of applications by non-member spammers. Click here to send me a PM if you would like to join.
MandyViki

Activity: 72

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:14:25 AM

Not everyone is a good author or technical enough to present million dollar content.
But well its your forum your rules Smiley.
Good luck.
blackssmith2018

Activity: 139
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:15:20 AM

That kind of Music Offense the other newbie, not all newbie are Aware for this rules.
anhvu52

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 09:16:58 AM

I have an idea.
For member Jr.member without merit will be transferred to Newbie -> I agree.
But there will be other ways to find merit
For example: exchange Activity to merit?
Such as: 200 or 300 Activity = 1 merit.
Please ignore if you feel it is unreasonable.
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 09:17:51 AM

Isn't it easier to get a single merit through merit abuse? Though 1 merit rank up to Jr has been long discussed by members around here, that doesn't end the spam I guess.
At least 5 merit requirement would be very hard to rank up to Jr.

I believe that bounty spamming restrictions should be placed on all new and junior members.
This might be a possible solution to think off.

What it would be like if shitposting Hero, Full, Sr who never received a single merit in this 8 months gets demoted  Grin

P.S : Good to see 250+ activity Newbies moaning here and creating a petition.
Rudolo

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:20:35 AM

This it's just my personal opinion, the rules will make some significant change. But if can should make some rules when a new register ( newbie ) cant reach the Bounty Section. Why? Because a lot newbie joins to the forum only for the Bounty & iam doing some research on some case. Found one man has a thousand bounty.
This is just one example.
DAEX Bounty by sapta Moderator from Indonesia.
He getting a lot fake entry & bot, so in that case, iam try doing some research about big multiple accounts. We know right maybe we can find some big multiple only 20 Account. but when I doing this research just shocked found one/two thread multiple accounts with 100-1000 Account.
I will give the picture but due iam going to the newbie I can't show the picture maybe other people can quite this message to make the picture out.

One of the example Bounty got fake entry & newbie with the same people joined the bounty
DAEX Bounty
https://imgur.com/a/wFN28zH
Thousand entry with using Google Form Bot, you can see at there each entry only have some different time around 10-30 second

https://imgur.com/a/hzX0cbU
A lot newbie joined the bounty with using Bitcointalk Account, iam sure he using a bot.

If you look at the account, just weird they join the same campaign, example this account join the same bounty with the Profile ID really close each other.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2307539
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2307603

That just one example, still have some other case at here. Iam research about this and found something like this.
coinlockets$ found 1 Man with 1000 accounts. he got 150.000 USD for cheating the bounty.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4139632.0
That's why yahooo make some suggestion about limiting all bounty for Newbie before reaching a Jr.Member/Member Rank.

This is just my own opinion but it can add more limitations to the newbie new register started from now to visit the Bounty Section. Lets them make doing some effort first to the forum. If already 1-2 month they can reach the bounty section.

The source from this Research
Bounty Section.
coinlockets$ Thread
Spreedsheet DAEX
GGurol

Activity: 112
Merit: 31

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:20:57 AM

1 merit is not a big deal, but if the problem garbage posts, it could be a post quality measure by another way too. Like pointing a post, etc.
Member+ requirement merits very hard anymore. Believe me nobody gives their merits even in local sections to very very high quality posts.

vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:22:10 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2018, 09:39:08 AM by vlad230

It's good to see hilariousandco suggestion of adding a merit requirement for Junior Members has finally been put in place. Thanks theymos! Smiley
Although, I might have gone with a more drastic measure of up to 5 merits required to rank-up.

I'm curious to see what will the spammers & incompetent bounty campaign managers do from now on. I think we should see a sharp reduction in the number of spam posts created and maybe regain control over Bitcoin & Altcoin Discussion.

@theymos, I hope you do realize that you just fixed just part of the problem here. Another bigger issues is campaign managers that are financing the spam & clogging up BCT.

Take a look at this poor guy: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1556229 he has 3 merits and he's spamming the forums as usual. There are a lot of people here with higher ranks that are spamming the forum on a day to day basis.

I replied to one of this meta threads here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5030427.msg45819616#msg45819616
llvroyxd

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:22:28 AM

I understand that you need to lower shit post and spam to make the forum clean, high quality post must be read and to make this community very informative.

I will accept this new rule wholeheartedly.I know a lot of newbie rank will cry and having hard time with this new rule but we should try our best NOW to make a quality post to contribute and help this great community not just only lurking and waiting for new bounty campaign to join as i observed a lot of user here are abusing the old system because of greed. Make new account wait for 2 weeks then join the signature campaign.

You did the right thing sir theymos! Wink
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:24:01 AM

Another thing I noticed in the merit system: almost all merit goes to people who already have merit. It's like in society, where rich people, like to be around rich people and help each other getting richer. If a newbie (or poor guy) comes up with something he/she often does not get the credit for it.

I would send you a Merit-Point. But I dont have any left. Because I think you are right - you made a good conclusion. For well-established users its easier to get merits. That why i proposed the change to let people rank up without merits. But dont let people use signatures without merits. There are a lot of prejudices. Prejudices against the post of newbies.
djadmika

Activity: 87
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 09:24:32 AM

I've made about 180 posts, most of which are non-quality/spam/junk posts. At first I knew bitcointalk is because there was an airdrop program that required me to make a constructive post and finally it generate spam posts. Then I started following a number of bounty programs that I didn't filter and it makes other spam posts. Anyway, I have never been interested in joining the signature program (it can be checked in my post) even though I was a junior member, so rank doesn't affect me at all. I began to stop making posts for the bounty program a few months ago and only joined the bounty which I found interesting.

180 posts that are mostly spam are my past mistakes. If only I could go back to the past to change that. But I don't think that will happen. I hope there is a menu for deleting posts that we have created so that I can delete errors that I made in the past.

I will not complain with the rules made by the moderator because I also agree that a few quality posts will be far better than hundreds of junk posts. I'm sorry if I made this forum less qualified because of my post. Hopefully in the future I will be a better person with quality posts. I promise to you all.

Best Regards,
The man with a lot of spam/garbage/junk post.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: