Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:57:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet hacking is it possible?  (Read 29598 times)
Businesscase

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 03:56:06 PM

well yes, if you leak your private key you will probably get hacked, your wallet can be access using only private key no need for password or json or anything else just that
Yes, but this is not hacking - this is phishing and the only victim is guilty of access to his account. We need to be careful and check site link before using the private key. What about really hacking, there is no computational abilities to hack the blockchain.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nwankwobtt

Activity: 487
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 04:10:27 PM

This is only possible when you give out your wallet private keys or mnemonics. And this is why it's advised never to give out any sensitive information about your wallet out except the public keys. Also desist in click or visit links or phishing sites capable of installing a malware on your device to corrupt and steal data from your device

Sangkuni

Activity: 392
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 04:57:52 PM

well yes, if you leak your private key you will probably get hacked, your wallet can be access using only private key no need for password or json or anything else just that
Yes, but this is not hacking - this is phishing and the only victim is guilty of access to his account. We need to be careful and check site link before using the private key. What about really hacking, there is no computational abilities to hack the blockchain.

NO!
Wallet is hackable |
https://medium.freecodecamp.org/a-hacker-stole-31m-of-ether-how-it-happened-and-what-it-means-for-ethereum-9e5dc29e33ce
Nah, i found that!
Ya, i know its phishing.. okay.
but,if your computer infected by virus,ransomware,keylogger,etc.
hacker can stole your wallet details,and hack your wallet!
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:01:42 PM

If you look at the statistics on your question, then this is generally a normal procedure, if you are not an attentive person and publish information that you are rich, then you need to wait a little and come to you.
Quas09

Activity: 208

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:05:58 PM

Just like an account where one's fiat currencies are kept so also is wallet where digital assets or cryptocurrencies of crypto lovers are kept. Can the wallet be vulnerable to hacking and if possible how can that happen? If you have experienced it before, I want to learn from your experience.

Yes, it is possible. I experienced it, get phishing, get all my coins in my wallet. I don't know why i get hacked but my suggestion is do not paste your private key on the site that is phishing, always check first the site before entering your wallet. Because you will lose all your tokens if you did not check it and paste your private key in a wrong site.
Thefrolly

Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 12:19:21 PM

Very possible if you are not careful, once the hackers can get their hands on your private keys then you can be sure that the contents of that wallet is all lost. When you have a wallet you should make sure that you have the highest level of security activated on all of the wallets, when you are clicking a site check the url properly to make sure it is not a phishing site

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
mastersay

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2018, 02:34:01 AM

Yes possible that it can still be compromised. Especially when you are online and without any good antivirus firewall. Th hacker can just easily go straight to your device. And best to not write any special private key in your computer in notepad, because it can easily be accessed. Store it on a paper wallet to keep it safe.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
Rumble97

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 02:53:59 AM

Yes, it could happen that crime in the online world can happen anywhere, so you must be good at securing your assets so that you don't experience crime in cyberspace, you should protect your assets yourself
skiorf

Activity: 812
Merit: 310

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 03:44:45 AM

Yes, that can happen. Cunning hackers, if you have found a gap, it can penetrate into many directions or wallets. To prevent this, you need to include vigilance for yourself, where the wallet is not stored by someone else and not known by others. It would be safer indeed if you use a hardware wallet, but also requires a lot of capital. It will be good if you have joined and already have a large collection of coins so that it is equivalent to the capital you have.
nitin8263
Copper Member

Activity: 1568
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2018, 07:20:32 AM

Yes it is possible, your wallet wallet can be a hacked.I have heared lot of time this type of news, wallet hacked just because of your careless when you secure your wallet then no one can hack your wallet.

Elorika

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 11:58:39 PM

Just like an account where one's fiat currencies are kept so also is wallet where digital assets or cryptocurrencies of crypto lovers are kept. Can the wallet be vulnerable to hacking and if possible how can that happen? If you have experienced it before, I want to learn from your experience.
I certainly doubt that it is possible , but of course phishing is very common, and usually if you light up your private key then Yes you will be hacked

imusify.com  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
Visteryy

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 12:12:47 AM

I certainly doubt that it is possible , but of course phishing is very common, and usually if you light up your private key then Yes you will be hacked

The hacker always enters our wallet whenever possible, so it is best to coin the system in a certain wallet and install a variety of software to protect them from hacker intrusions.
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2018, 12:14:51 AM

they (hackers) usually attack through a private key, so be careful when entering the site, whether it's phishing or not. if the site you are entering is a phishing site and you enter your private key to access your wallet, then it is likely that you can be hacked.
Loopper

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 12:21:14 AM

they (hackers) usually attack through a private key, so be careful when entering the site, whether it's phishing or not. if the site you are entering is a phishing site and you enter your private key to access your wallet, then it is likely that you can be hacked.

This method has been experienced by some people before to visit sites that directly display the private key there. Be careful to do the action. Everything you have can be taken away.
BennyK

Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2018, 01:13:15 AM

Well, I have never come across such an incidence where my wallet or a friend's wallet was hacked. The security of a wallet only gets breached when the holder of the wallet in one way or another mishandle the login details which makes it vulnerable to fall in the wrong hands. Also, for wallets like MEW, there are times the website is hacked which redirects users to different sites with the same interface. The wallets of users in particular is not hacked but once users are redirected to a fake website and login with the actual details, it is captured by the hackers.

fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2018, 01:24:26 AM

It's not only possible but it's actually happening if you are subscribed to so many newsletters, chances are you can click those malicious links that will lead you to a fake wallet and ask you to fill your private key, you can guard yourself against all of these if you install meta cert in google extensions.

BitTraderCute

Activity: 899
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 01:31:30 AM

It's not only possible but it's actually happening if you are subscribed to so many newsletters, chances are you can click those malicious links that will lead you to a fake wallet and ask you to fill your private key, you can guard yourself against all of these if you install meta cert in google extensions.
unknown email could be hacker attack to us.we dont know where the email would redirected .deleting unknown incoming email maybe good protection action for us.
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 01:37:01 AM

Just like everything else with a computer in it, it's definitely hackable and it will be hacked by someone if the one being hacked is too careless to act and think about the safety of their wallets. It's practically easy fishing for these hackers if they don't secure themselves properly.

NaXxow
Legendary

Activity: 1085
Merit: 1000

ALT Add: APfc4bykKHxYSVkvzsLdQvmiTXvTgMiCRM

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 01:39:23 AM

there are lots of ways how hacker manages to hack crypto wallets. most of the biggest hacks ever happened are definitely inside jobs. I always use online wallet rather than ledger, the risk is there but that is the thing how it goes. I just trust it and make a safe log in.

██
         ████
        ██████
       ████████
      ██████████
     █████  █████
    █████    █████
   █████      █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄   █████        █████
 ████████████▄  █████      █████
██████████████▄  █████    █████
                  █████  █████
                   ██████████
                    ████████
                     ██████
                      ████
                       ██
Azbit▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...BLOCKCHAIN INVESTING BANKING.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ●
  █
  █
  █
  █

███
███

█
  █
  █
  █
ROGER VER
ADVISOR
  █
  █
  █
  █

███
███

█
  █
  █
  █
WHITEPAPER
● ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●
Bounty Thread

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄███████████▀▀▀      ████▄
██████▀▀▀       ▄    █████
███▄         ▄█▀    ██████
██████▄    ▄█▀      ██████
█████████▄█▀       ███████
▀██████████  ▄     ██████▀
▀█████████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄█████████▀     ███████▄
▄██████████   ███████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▀▀██████████
█████████       ██████████
███████████   ████████████
███████████   ████████████
▀██████████   ███████████▀
▀█████████   ██████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄█████
███████              █████
████████             █████
█████████▄          ██████
▀████████▀        ▄██████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 01:51:28 AM

The hacker always enters our wallet whenever possible, so it is best to coin the system in a certain wallet and install a variety of software to protect them from hacker intrusions.
There are many methods of hacking available. of course they are very likely to be able to hack your wallet if you are not careful. for example phishing, scammail, viruses, and so on. what I often encounter is phishing. but if you have additional security like 2fa. they won't be able to enter your wallet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: