Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:26:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are ICOs dying off?  (Read 27156 times)
sulis sudibyo

Activity: 882
Merit: 11

Volare.network

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 06:31:39 AM

"September has seen the least amount of funds raised by #ICOs in more than a year. Are ICOs dying off?"

Chart here: https://twitter.com/Bancor/status/1049690978213404673

if you look at using USD, maybe it looks a little. but do you know if it is calculated using Ethereum, the amount is not much different. the reason for the funds collected in the ICO was reduced, because in September Ethereum was at its lowest level so far this year.

───[  Volare.Network  ]───
─────────────[  The First Commercial Blockchain Network from EQBR Technology  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    mVOLR AIRDROP    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 06:40:56 AM

ICO as an ICO is not dying but we are in the process of filtering bad ICOs, right now from every 10 or more ICO launch only one succeed because actually right now from every 10 or more ICO only one is series and not just about collecting money, when the useless ICO start to realize that there is no more money in launching an ICO they will stop and leave the field to those who actually have something to offer. ICO is apart from Cryptocurrency space and it will not just vanish, the decreasing number of successful ICO might be that the investors are maturing and this is a good thing after all.
kcgomez09

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:05:23 AM

ICOs dying because of scam ico they bring bad impact to investor thats why many ico's fail to reach their goal
Yindian

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:10:21 AM

ICO will always exist, they will not die and they will decrease. Because only a few ICOs can succeed, the ICO will change its mechanism in the future and may be regulated.
tanoe

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:11:15 AM

ICOs dying because of scam ico they bring bad impact to investor thats why many ico's fail to reach their goal

I agree with this, because there are many concerns that a running project will scam, making investors doubtful. People often see that fraud will happen anywhere and to anyone, right? those who cheat see this as a place to make a profit.
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:18:20 AM

"September has seen the least amount of funds raised by #ICOs in more than a year. Are ICOs dying off?"

after so many scams and unpaid bounties, it is to much hard for ICO to succeed on their project, many users are reluctant to invest their money with an ICO who has a bad reputation, honesty, these ICOs has literally abused the system, many investors had suffered huge loss. that is why there are only few ICO in the market today, it somehow affect the market price because of the distrust ratings that bitcoin suffered due to this ICO.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
aprilnot

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:24:07 AM

dying? does not seem. maybe the investors are bored because of the recent bad situation. they are only focusing on repairing their losses. because in September there were several altcoins that reached the lowest point of one of ethereum.

I'm sure when the market starts bull run, ICO will start again

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
blue_nexus15

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

█ J A X N E T W O R K █

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:29:16 AM

ICO will not die when the needs of the user are infinite. Any innovation, creativity and efficiency will be supported by the community. The bad thing is that the ico model is being abused for bad intentions, scam. Maybe there are stricter rules to eliminate that instead of increasing awareness.

Rashid555

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:34:08 AM

Not true that ICO are dying some time the bear market change the people behaviors and it is not the fact but still some of the big whales diverse people attention and they rule in the market. ICO are the attractive investment in these days.

alonshvartsman

Activity: 74
Merit: 44

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:34:54 AM

I personally don't think that some random uptrend in the market will have people blindly investing in vaporware again. We all had our fun gambling, but now it's down to business and seeing where blockchain can take us.

Many of the projects that already had their crowdfunding in the golden era have released products like Bancor while others are still being produced . I even wrote about how 36/100 projects actually have working products that can be used right now, by you.

https://medium.com/theblock1/top-5-working-products-in-blockchain-updated-october-2018-9b18548bf8fc

Going forward, I'd like to see a down-trend in ICO funding and up-trend in useful products being released to the community. FYI, it is possible to release a product and then raise funds.
RBEP-RBC
Copper Member

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 07:35:00 AM

IPOs also trailed off significantly in the tech sector after 2001. Doesn't mean tech died! The ICO craze of 17-18 won't be coming back but ICO as a concept, structure and funding mechanism will continue, albeit in a more mature, regulatory friendly way. Traditional ICOs will still happen but ICO 2.0 will be safer (but still far from "safe"), mature and less frothy. Not sure if security token ICOs will be ICO 2.0 or 3.0 but since security tokens will likely receive and require regulatory scrutiny I wouldn't be holding my breath just quite yet.
nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 12:04:17 PM

The market is now very depressed, causing the investment enthusiasm of most people to decrease. If the bull market is coming, the market activity will definitely be high.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
alsu5552018

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 12:14:46 PM

I do not think that ICO is dying. I think that good projects still have everything ahead. It's just that the market has been depressed for too long.

tuthienloc92bk

Activity: 364
Merit: 34

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 01:11:55 PM

Smiley It's not dying. Actually, investors are really careful when they invest in an ICO. They have recognized there are many scam ICOs and just invest in most potential projects.

In addition, many projects are changing their fundraising form from ICO to Seed Coin Offering or the others form. I think they will choose an suitable method to raise their fund soon.
acaciosc

Activity: 325

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 01:17:54 PM

That's because too many projects are just collecting the money of investors and stop the development right after conducting ICO. It's quite difficult to reach even a Soft Cap nowadays, but I hope that ICOs won't die despite the current situation.
Tashi

Activity: 391

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 01:19:51 PM

There are certain ICOs that really went off. I had stakes in some ICOs and their value really dropped dead.  But I guess there are still ICOs that are stable.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
Agutin

Activity: 560
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 01:41:59 PM

in such a market, projects do not risk opening ICO. sure when the market turns, many projects will come out of hibernation and another HYIP will go
iAMawi123

Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 01:52:45 PM

Well, there is a lot of scam ICOs that are happening recently. I am sure that some people learned and now careful about investing right away on ICOs.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄████████████▄░░▄████████████▄
░░░░░░░░█▄▀█████████████████████████▀▄█
░░░░░░░░███▄▀█████████████████████▀▄███
░░░░░░░░█████▄▀█████████████████▀▄█████
░░░░░░░░███████▄▄▀███████████▀▄▄███████
░░░░░░░░██████████▄▄▀█████▀▄▄██████████
░░░░░░░░█████████████▄▀█▀▄█████████████
░░░░░░░░▀▀█████████████░░████████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████░░██████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████░░████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████░░███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░███████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██████░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███░░███▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

TEMCO

██████████
█░░░░░░░░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀░░░░█
██████████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░██
░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░░█▌
░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░▄▀░░░██
░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░▐█
░██░░░░░░▄██▀░░░█▌
░▀▀█████▀░░░░░░██
░░░██▀▀█▄▄░░░░█▌
░░░█▄░░██▀▀▀▄██
░░░█▄█▀
trash321

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 01:58:11 PM

If the ICO process takes place exactly as many processes do today, then of course yes, I think that many investors will refuse to invest for various reasons, but the most important is the scam projects.
viva95

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:03:49 PM

Actually I don't thing that ICO's dying off, I thing that raised ICO's funds are so little because of the market situation. Investors are afraid to lost theirs money because  there are only a small amount of ICOs who are survive in nowadays conditions
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: