Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:15:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BEAM | Mimblewimble | Private | Scalable | No ICO | No Pre Mine  (Read 77191 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (14 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
MrSquiggle

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 10:22:08 PM

Help sought?  Or sympathy lol

So first up loving MimbleWimble thus far!  Thanks devs!

SO I have sent some funds from Hotbit to my desktop wallet (Windows 10) - something I have done before and I know that I must use only a current address.

Long story short, I sent to an expired address.

The question is are the funds permanetly lost?  OR are they safu? 

Thanks for your help and or sympathy.

lolgato1

Activity: 793
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 10:28:46 PM

Once the hype dies down the price of Beam (and Grin) will drop hard. Those that mine right now and don't sell right away, may find that they have been mining for a deficit (after electricity) later on when the price tanks down the toilet.

By the way guys, most of the "trade" at Hotbit is fake, so I would not pay much attention to that BS exchange. Fake trading is rampant in among other countries Korea (and elsewhere). Some guys there just got sentenced to jailtime for just that.
Why do you think that price of Beam should dump a lot? I understand that probably Grin will fall due to its strange inflation, but current market cap of Beam is not too high, so where Beam will fall?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
Beyerd17

Activity: 826
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 10:29:41 PM

Help sought?  Or sympathy lol

So first up loving MimbleWimble thus far!  Thanks devs!

SO I have sent some funds from Hotbit to my desktop wallet (Windows 10) - something I have done before and I know that I must use only a current address.

The question is are the funds permanetly lost?  OR are they safu? 

Your funds are lost. Did you send much? Never send to an address that expire within 24 hours.
Beyerd17

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 10:34:24 PM

Once the hype dies down the price of Beam (and Grin) will drop hard. Those that mine right now and don't sell right away, may find that they have been mining for a deficit (after electricity) later on when the price tanks down the toilet.

By the way guys, most of the "trade" at Hotbit is fake, so I would not pay much attention to that BS exchange. Fake trading is rampant in among other countries Korea (and elsewhere). Some guys there just got sentenced to jailtime for just that.
Why do you think that price of Beam should dump a lot? I understand that probably Grin will fall due to its strange inflation, but current market cap of Beam is not too high, so where Beam will fall?

It think it will dump hard because of all the hype right now. Once the hype is reduced, so will the price. Also the stated volume traded is utterly false. Hotbit is faking a lot of trades. Real trades happening is just a fraction of what is stated at coinmarketcap.
MrSquiggle

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 11:04:35 PM

Help sought?  Or sympathy lol

So first up loving MimbleWimble thus far!  Thanks devs!

The question is are the funds permanetly lost?  OR are they safu?  

Your funds are lost. Did you send much? Never send to an address that expire within 24 hours.

Thanks mate - I am not certain they are just yet as folks on Telegram are giving 2 different views.  I will try what they say and advise.  It was not much mate so all good if they are gone into the void.

To quote Angus from Telegram "due to the nature of Mw, and its interactive tx, it’s not possible to send Beam into the void" so I have hope.

I have raised a support ticket.

Folks reckon the funds should not send if address incorrect.  I also note the Kernel ID: 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 is all zeros so this may mean the exchange still has them, and they are stuck somewhere.  I will advise if I get them back.

Thanks all.

hustleman

Activity: 155
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 05:23:29 AM

Is there a Dev Fee for the OpenCL amd beam miner?

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 05:28:42 AM

Syncing with blockchain?
More than 24 hours
rgsnedds

Activity: 952
Merit: 17

raskul

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 07:33:06 AM

Syncing with blockchain?
More than 24 hours

try close wallet, delete node.db, restart wallet and rescan on local node.

should work.. if not, jump in the discord channel and i'll look further for you.
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 07:39:04 AM

no.

LolMiner and Gminer both have dev fees. Lolminer is 1% and Gminer is 2%
you pay the premium for better miner software and the dev fees are well worth it for the hashrate you will get with these miners.
You should be using lolMiner 7a4 for AMD cards.
hope this helps.
kvazar92

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 08:17:06 AM

Tell me when the full information about the coin will be published , including its capitalization ?
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 08:29:52 AM

Tell me when the full information about the coin will be published , including its capitalization ?
https://medium.com/beam-mw/mimblewimble-emission-schedule-215551948259
https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/beam

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
kvazar92

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 10:13:11 AM

Thank You
kvazar92

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 10:22:46 AM

Why Coinmarketcap does not have this information ?
frcat

Activity: 1162
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 11:23:29 AM

Why Coinmarketcap does not have this information ?

You mean tokens in circulating and marketcap? Im also cant understand: total supply - this is max coins which will be issued or just current coins which issued (by pre-mine and mining right now) ?
And How many max supply will be ?
CryptoBroker012

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 12:05:52 PM

There will be 262, 8 million beam in total accoridng to coingecko. com... current supply is only about 3,2 million coins... if this coin will once have 1 billion market cap, the price will be about 4 euros when all coins are mined. I think, 10 billion marketcap are realistic as a long term price target if this coin is successful...
Beyerd17

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 02:15:08 PM

It think it will dump hard because of all the hype right now. Once the hype is reduced, so will the price. Also the stated volume traded is utterly false. Hotbit is faking a lot of trades. Real trades happening is just a fraction of what is stated at coinmarketcap.

Down some 29% today. How much will it go down in the next few days. What do you guys think?
CryptoBroker012

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 02:58:48 PM

yes, i read a lot of bad reviews about hotbit and other exchanges in the internet... and now I see that people in this forum confirm what I read. That's why I use chainrift for beam trades... didn't realize any fake trades there yet!
Novator

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 03:21:03 PM

I do not know why people with GPU will mine this coin.  You have no much for asic and fpga.  Unless you are not paying electricity and a si...e.
hustleman

Activity: 155
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 03:26:37 PM

no.

you pay the premium for better miner software and the dev fees are well worth it for the hashrate you will get with these miners.
hope this helps.

Thank you for the info.  I've attempted to use Lolminer to no avail.  For some reason windows continues to close the miner, likely due to windows thinking its a virus.  I have windows defender completely disable thru the registry, so I can't figure out how smartscreen is still closing Lolminer.  I had it running for 2-3 minutes then windows just shuts it down and will not let it open again. 

I'm currently using Bminer but the hash rate is significantly slower than Lolminer.  OpenCL and Bminer and Gminer are comparable with hash rates so if OpenCl doesn't have dev fee, I might just use that miner.

Thanks again.
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 03:34:16 PM

no.

hope this helps.

Thank you for the info.  I've attempted to use Lolminer to no avail.  For some reason windows continues to close the miner, likely due to windows thinking its a virus.  I have windows defender completely disable thru the registry, so I can't figure out how smartscreen is still closing Lolminer.  I had it running for 2-3 minutes then windows just shuts it down and will not let it open again. 

I'm currently using Bminer but the hash rate is significantly slower than Lolminer.  OpenCL and Bminer and Gminer are comparable with hash rates so if OpenCl doesn't have dev fee, I might just use that miner.

Thanks again.

which cards are you mining with?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: