Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:58:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BEAM | Mimblewimble | Private | Scalable | No ICO | No Pre Mine  (Read 77189 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (14 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Hektur

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 04:49:20 PM

There will be 262, 8 million beam in total accoridng to coingecko. com... current supply is only about 3,2 million coins... if this coin will once have 1 billion market cap, the price will be about 4 euros when all coins are mined. I think, 10 billion marketcap are realistic as a long term price target if this coin is successful...
Haha, 10 billion market cap  Grin. Be more realistic, if Beam will have market cap like ZCASH it would be a success for Beam. So 1$ for Beam is a fair price I think.

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hustleman

Activity: 155
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 05:22:30 PM

Is there a Dev Fee for the OpenCL amd beam miner?

no.

LolMiner and Gminer both have dev fees. Lolminer is 1% and Gminer is 2%
you pay the premium for better miner software and the dev fees are well worth it for the hashrate you will get with these miners.
You should be using lolMiner 7a4 for AMD cards.
hope this helps.

Thank you for the info.  I've attempted to use Lolminer to no avail.  For some reason windows continues to close the miner, likely due to windows thinking its a virus.  I have windows defender completely disable thru the registry, so I can't figure out how smartscreen is still closing Lolminer.  I had it running for 2-3 minutes then windows just shuts it down and will not let it open again. 

I'm currently using Bminer but the hash rate is significantly slower than Lolminer.  OpenCL and Bminer and Gminer are comparable with hash rates so if OpenCl doesn't have dev fee, I might just use that miner.

Thanks again.

which cards are you mining with?

4 Rx580 8gb, 3 Rx580 4gb, 3 Rx570 8gb and 2 Rx560 4gb
CryptoBroker012

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 06:21:06 PM

There will be 262, 8 million beam in total accoridng to coingecko. com... current supply is only about 3,2 million coins... if this coin will once have 1 billion market cap, the price will be about 4 euros when all coins are mined. I think, 10 billion marketcap are realistic as a long term price target if this coin is successful...
Haha, 10 billion market cap  Grin. Be more realistic, if Beam will have market cap like ZCASH it would be a success for Beam. So 1$ for Beam is a fair price I think.

unrealistic? price of all zcash end of 2017 was 2 billion usd... until now, every crypto hype has been 10 times bigger than the previous one. If the next one is only 5 times bigger than 2017/2018, then 10 billions wouldn't be such a big surprise!
rgsnedds

Activity: 952
Merit: 17

raskul

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 06:28:03 PM

Is there a Dev Fee for the OpenCL amd beam miner?

no.

LolMiner and Gminer both have dev fees. Lolminer is 1% and Gminer is 2%
you pay the premium for better miner software and the dev fees are well worth it for the hashrate you will get with these miners.
You should be using lolMiner 7a4 for AMD cards.
hope this helps.

Thank you for the info.  I've attempted to use Lolminer to no avail.  For some reason windows continues to close the miner, likely due to windows thinking its a virus.  I have windows defender completely disable thru the registry, so I can't figure out how smartscreen is still closing Lolminer.  I had it running for 2-3 minutes then windows just shuts it down and will not let it open again. 

I'm currently using Bminer but the hash rate is significantly slower than Lolminer.  OpenCL and Bminer and Gminer are comparable with hash rates so if OpenCl doesn't have dev fee, I might just use that miner.

Thanks again.

which cards are you mining with?

4 Rx580 8gb, 3 Rx580 4gb, 3 Rx570 8gb and 2 Rx560 4gb

there is every chance your cards have become a bit "set in their ways"
i had similar issues when i tried to move a couple rigs off ETH. the little blighters weren't having it. I had to downclock all cards, pump up the voltage and run them for a while before amending the settings to something that was mineable.
I have heard, leaving them powered down for 24hrs sometimes helps too.. and it is exclusively ATI cards that do this.
either that or yes, it's just winwoes being a dick. go kidnap a penguin.
Khilone7

Merit: 530

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 07:07:45 PM

Hey everyone,

It's Khilone from Beaxy Exchange!
First of all congratulations on your listing on Beaxy Exchange! We are trying to bridge the gap between the communities and would love to have you guys over to our Discord so that you can see what we are all about, test our exchange before it's going live and just get to know us as $BEAM will be listed when we go live.

If you feel like doing that, please join our Discord:
https://discord.gg/rMX3s5m

We would also love for you guys to register on our exchange so that you guys are able to trade $BEAM when it goes live, you can do so over here:
https://beaxy.com/Registration?code=MH44KT6IUH

canibalgb

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

Beam me up!

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 07:33:41 PM

unrealistic? price of all zcash end of 2017 was 2 billion usd... until now, every crypto hype has been 10 times bigger than the previous one. If the next one is only 5 times bigger than 2017/2018, then 10 billions wouldn't be such a big surprise!

Beam has a more advanced technology than Zcash and Moreno.   Wink
Hektur

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 10:16:56 PM

Haha, 10 billion market cap  Grin. Be more realistic, if Beam will have market cap like ZCASH it would be a success for Beam. So 1$ for Beam is a fair price I think.

Beam has a more advanced technology than Zcash and Moreno.   Wink
Probably, you wanted to say Monero Wink.
Could you be more specific? I thought that Monero could offer more privacy features than Beam Smiley.

rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 10:44:45 PM

So....

Looks like you already made your mind up.

good luck with the fork coin. I wish you well.
canibalgb

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

Beam me up!

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 11:38:04 PM

Haha, 10 billion market cap  Grin. Be more realistic, if Beam will have market cap like ZCASH it would be a success for Beam. So 1$ for Beam is a fair price I think.

Beam has a more advanced technology than Zcash and Moreno.   Wink
Probably, you wanted to say Monero Wink.
Could you be more specific? I thought that Monero could offer more privacy features than Beam Smiley.

Yes, Monero, I'm sorry.
You should read about MimbleWimble, it would be too long to explain everything here.  Shocked

https://www.mycryptopedia.com/mimblewimble-explained/
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 07:19:01 AM

Delightfully happy today.

Network beginning to settle down a bit from the launch and coins are becoming a little easier to mine.
it's been a great launch with the team working tirelessly to assist users and fix minor bugs.

If you are having problems with your wallet or anything else Beam related, please feel free to pop into either the discord support channel:

https://discord.gg/XZK27nN

Or the Telegram Support channel:

https://t.me/BeamSupport

please note - these channels are dedicated to community support, so please keep posts in these strictly to support requests.
We have many other chat channels to air opinions and discuss other parts of the Beam journey.

Thanks for being a part of this !

rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 06:44:10 PM

Talking

you posted a link to a copy/paste coin. I asked the admin to remove it. this is not the thread to discuss your clonecoin.
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 06:46:11 PM
Merited by canibalgb (1)

Note: There is no problem discussing Beam's Founders' Reward, but using it to promote some Grin's fork is not acceptable.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 06:59:43 PM

Here is my take on the Beam founders reward, initially as a neutral miner - I took all of the following points into consideration when i decided to start mining Beam. For simplicities sake, lets call it 'the fund'

The fund is not a perpetual tax, it is a block reward which accumulates from miners rewards and is dispensed on a quarterly basis for the first 5 years only. When considering this, I weighed the difference between this method and if it had been taken as a perpetual 'fawcet' from each block directly into the treasury fund.
The method used is preferable due to the fact that these funds (once every 3 months) will need to be utilised by the company for the entire three months until the next fund emission occurs. This means that the company will not just 'dump' those coins in one large selloff, once each 3 months... they will need to keep a float to stay in business and this is the float they have decided to use.

As startup companies always require capital to cover running costs... the fact this business is not a consumer product produced by the company, and that it is an open-source cryptocurrency freely available to mine by anyone with GPU mining rigs, makes it all the more difficult for the company to ensure ongoing funding. They too can mine Beam, but they also pay the same amount as an average of mining costs if they do so. It's fair game.

The fund is there to pay for continuing evolution of the mimblewimble protocol and the 'growing up' of Beam as a cryptocurrency and a store of value asset.

Nobody is going to hold your hand or push you to mine Beam, that is your choice entirely and the things i mention above with regards to the fund, to me, are decent methods of keeping a float for the running of the business. I am looking to invest in mining an asset with a long-term value. I appreciate that the fund will be spent to cover costs, and i wholly value the work that the developers are doing, as well as commitment to the roadmap which has been published.

I am keen to debate these points with anyone who wishes to share their own views on the matter, but please refrain from posting links to other projects, in this thread.

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 07:09:54 PM

Please avoid referral links.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
sebseb7

Activity: 137
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 07:44:08 PM

lets call it 'the fund'

the fund will not contribute to beams success but to it's downfall.
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 07:47:15 PM

lets call it 'the fund'

the fund will not contribute to beams success but to it's downfall.

I am afraid you are going to have to back up such statements with your foresight and reasoning.
Please don't make yourself look like a child, hating on another child because they have better toys than you.

i'm open to your insight, how exactly will "the fund will not contribute to beams success but to it's downfall."?
sebseb7

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 09:18:21 PM

I am afraid you are going to have to back up such statements

isn't that self evident? it creates a destructive incentive.
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 09:22:24 PM

I am afraid you are going to have to back up such statements

isn't that self evident? it creates a destructive incentive.

No, it's not self-evident and it does not create a destructive incentive. Some would say that a coin like ETH with unlimited supply has a destructive incentive, although in truth, it has been adopted en-mass and utilised in ways that would never have been expected a few years ago. Therefore you continue to make statements and continue to fail with the use of the term...

"Because..."

"It creates a destructive incentive because...."

how does it create a destructive incentive, by what methods and to what ends?
sebseb7

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 09:25:01 PM

Some would say that a coin like ETH with unlimited supply has a destructive incentive, although in truth, it has been adopted en-mass and utilised in ways that would never have been expected a few years ago.

ETH is a scam scheme.
sebseb7

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 09:26:15 PM

Therefore you continue to make statements and continue to fail with the use of the term...

I don't expect you to listen as you demonstrated, so I don't bother to explain my viewpoint any further. buy BEAM and ETH!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: