Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:48:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BEAM | Mimblewimble | Private | Scalable | No ICO | No Pre Mine  (Read 77187 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (14 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
rgsnedds

Activity: 952
Merit: 17

raskul

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2019, 06:55:35 AM

well the noobs have proved their lack of insight and heavily opinionated views here tonight.
I offered a valued discussion and all I get is statements without substance and lack of reasoning.

this forum has indeed: gone to shit.  Roll Eyes
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2019, 06:56:51 AM

Here is my take on the Beam founders reward, initially as a neutral miner - I took all of the following points into consideration when i decided to start mining Beam. For simplicities sake, lets call it 'the fund'

The fund is not a perpetual tax, it is a block reward which accumulates from miners rewards and is dispensed on a quarterly basis for the first 5 years only. When considering this, I weighed the difference between this method and if it had been taken as a perpetual 'fawcet' from each block directly into the treasury fund.
The method used is preferable due to the fact that these funds (once every 3 months) will need to be utilised by the company for the entire three months until the next fund emission occurs. This means that the company will not just 'dump' those coins in one large selloff, once each 3 months... they will need to keep a float to stay in business and this is the float they have decided to use.

As startup companies always require capital to cover running costs... the fact this business is not a consumer product produced by the company, and that it is an open-source cryptocurrency freely available to mine by anyone with GPU mining rigs, makes it all the more difficult for the company to ensure ongoing funding. They too can mine Beam, but they also pay the same amount as an average of mining costs if they do so. It's fair game.

The fund is there to pay for continuing evolution of the mimblewimble protocol and the 'growing up' of Beam as a cryptocurrency and a store of value asset.

Nobody is going to hold your hand or push you to mine Beam, that is your choice entirely and the things i mention above with regards to the fund, to me, are decent methods of keeping a float for the running of the business. I am looking to invest in mining an asset with a long-term value. I appreciate that the fund will be spent to cover costs, and i wholly value the work that the developers are doing, as well as commitment to the roadmap which has been published.

I am keen to debate these points with anyone who wishes to share their own views on the matter, but please refrain from posting links to other projects, in this thread.

I am indeed, still looking for some kind of adult discussion on this matter if anyone can bring themselves to it...
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 09:52:12 AM

As i see there are was not pre-mine according information on their site? But how many tokens in circulating right nowand how many will be max supply?
cybterpunk

Activity: 414
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 09:57:06 AM

seems beam have a better economic model than grin
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2019, 10:06:47 AM

As i see there are was not pre-mine according information on their site? But how many tokens in circulating right nowand how many will be max supply?

https://explorer.beam.mw
coffeeplease

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 04:40:58 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2019, 10:04:50 PM by coffeeplease

hey friends where to get BEAM?
JasonSW

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 04:52:25 PM

Here is my take on the Beam founders reward, initially as a neutral miner - I took all of the following points into consideration when i decided to start mining Beam. For simplicities sake, lets call it 'the fund'

The fund is not a perpetual tax, it is a block reward which accumulates from miners rewards and is dispensed on a quarterly basis for the first 5 years only. When considering this, I weighed the difference between this method and if it had been taken as a perpetual 'fawcet' from each block directly into the treasury fund.
The method used is preferable due to the fact that these funds (once every 3 months) will need to be utilised by the company for the entire three months until the next fund emission occurs. This means that the company will not just 'dump' those coins in one large selloff, once each 3 months... they will need to keep a float to stay in business and this is the float they have decided to use.

As startup companies always require capital to cover running costs... the fact this business is not a consumer product produced by the company, and that it is an open-source cryptocurrency freely available to mine by anyone with GPU mining rigs, makes it all the more difficult for the company to ensure ongoing funding. They too can mine Beam, but they also pay the same amount as an average of mining costs if they do so. It's fair game.

The fund is there to pay for continuing evolution of the mimblewimble protocol and the 'growing up' of Beam as a cryptocurrency and a store of value asset.

Nobody is going to hold your hand or push you to mine Beam, that is your choice entirely and the things i mention above with regards to the fund, to me, are decent methods of keeping a float for the running of the business. I am looking to invest in mining an asset with a long-term value. I appreciate that the fund will be spent to cover costs, and i wholly value the work that the developers are doing, as well as commitment to the roadmap which has been published.

I am keen to debate these points with anyone who wishes to share their own views on the matter, but please refrain from posting links to other projects, in this thread.

I am indeed, still looking for some kind of adult discussion on this matter if anyone can bring themselves to it...

You explained in details as to how the fund is going to be utilized. I fully agree with your standpoint and what being said makes quite sense to me, no need to further discuss IMO. The thing will be whether this is going to actually happen or not. If BEAM team can issue quarterly summary of fund spending, that will convince people.

this forum has indeed: gone to shit.  Roll Eyes
This forum is not going to shit because of one or few noobs .
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2019, 10:22:45 PM
Merited by FFI2013 (5)

I agree, there are still some intellectual voices on bitcointalk...

However... the ability to copy/paste decent technology has harmed this industry in more ways than most will ever realise. At this point I find mimblewimble a sheer godsend.. I am still in this for the same reason i got into it in 2009.. I want my finances to be my own private affair and I want to be able to dictate what I pay, when i pay it, not be told what I can afford to pay, when someone else decides i am able.

Too many people have come into this space thinking that crypto is a get-rich-quick scheme. And I have watched many fall over the years with the same advice that I have to give:

find a project with original tech, and stick with it to the bitter end, regardless of other projects price pumps and 'moonboi' advice.

I want to be able to spend my crypto, not watch charts all day long.
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 07:22:50 AM

Help sought?  Or sympathy lol

So first up loving MimbleWimble thus far!  Thanks devs!

SO I have sent some funds from Hotbit to my desktop wallet (Windows 10) - something I have done before and I know that I must use only a current address.

Long story short, I sent to an expired address.

The question is are the funds permanetly lost?  OR are they safu? 

Thanks for your help and or sympathy.

If you have saved sid phrase all right.
I encountered a similar problem when sending BEAM from the pool to an expired address. But in this thread I suggested what to do.
In the latest version of the GUI wallet (1.1.4202) it is possible to change the validity of any wallet, even if it was already expired.
But if Hotbit does not repeat the transaction automatically, you will need to contact support.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 12:57:24 PM

However... the ability to copy/paste decent technology has harmed this industry in more ways than most will ever realise. At this point I find mimblewimble a sheer godsend.. I am still in this for the same reason i got into it in 2009.. I want my finances to be my own private affair and I want to be able to dictate what I pay, when i pay it, not be told what I can afford to pay, when someone else decides i am able.

Too many people have come into this space thinking that crypto is a get-rich-quick scheme. And I have watched many fall over the years with the same advice that I have to give:

find a project with original tech, and stick with it to the bitter end, regardless of other projects price pumps and 'moonboi' advice.

Very well said those are some of the reasons why I got into crypto I'm going to hook you up with some merit
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 05:12:14 PM

Very well said those are some of the reasons why I got into crypto I'm going to hook you up with some merit

Thank you! that is very much appreciated. I will share the merit with others who can string together a few worthwhile sentences  Smiley
BeamPrivacy
Copper Member

Activity: 328
Merit: 3

Beam me up Scotty!

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 06:10:28 PM

Another week of challenges and achievements for Team Beam https://beamprivacy.substack.com/p/beam-2019-week-5 #SovereigntyByDesign #mimblewimble

Full Members  v.2:
Screenshot URL: https://i.imgur.com/mF0h5jS.png
Screenshot preview:
Quote from: 'Screenshot preview'

Quote from: 'Raw preview'
⟁  B E A M                                                                                                                                                                      
                                               Scalable Confidential Cryptocurrency | Mimblewimble Implementation                                              
Get Connected ● [twitter]  [reddit]  [medium]  [discord]  [telegram]  [gitter]  [youtube]  [github]  [btctalk]
Code:
frcat

Activity: 1162

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 06:10:06 AM

There will be 262, 8 million beam in total accoridng to coingecko. com... current supply is only about 3,2 million coins... if this coin will once have 1 billion market cap, the price will be about 4 euros when all coins are mined. I think, 10 billion marketcap are realistic as a long term price target if this coin is successful...

Mate, seems you just dreaming. I wnted to buy some tokens, but seems price overvalued already. ETH have 11 billions cap right now.
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 07:38:45 AM

There will be 262, 8 million beam in total accoridng to coingecko. com... current supply is only about 3,2 million coins... if this coin will once have 1 billion market cap, the price will be about 4 euros when all coins are mined. I think, 10 billion marketcap are realistic as a long term price target if this coin is successful...

Mate, seems you just dreaming. I wnted to buy some tokens, but seems price overvalued already. ETH have 11 billions cap right now.

if you are looking for tokens, this is the wrong thread.
This is Beam, built from-the-ground-up utilising mimblewimble; which is a totally private and trustless DAG protocol.

It's not a token based on ETH. Perhaps you have your ERC20's mixed up with your Cryptocurrencies?
IlyaVak

Activity: 194
Merit: 29

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 01:19:20 PM

AltCoinLog about Beam Coin!

Instructions for setting up a program for mining BEAM, selecting the best pool and calculating the yield for the month. What kind of video cards are needed for mining and which wallet to choose.
The language of the article is Russian.
https://altcoinlog.com/kak-maynit-beam-na-videokarte/

★  ALTCOINLOG  ★  Oбзopы  ★  Кaк нacтpoить мaйнинг? Инcтpyкция!  ★
TWITTER   ▬  FACEBOOK   ▬  VKONTAKTE   ▬  OK   ▬  INSTAGRAM
9Bank

Activity: 229

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2019, 01:59:43 AM

Hi Beam community. I've been Beaming about ten days and made this conclusion for exchanges to use without too much worry.

1) ChainRift.com
2) BitForex.com
3) Hotbit.io

I had a hard time with QBTC and think anything you send there is gone.

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2019, 11:27:39 AM

Added to suprnova !

https://beam.suprnova.cc

Only 0.1% fee at the moment

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2019, 11:48:54 AM

Added to suprnova !

https://beam.suprnova.cc

Only 0.1% fee at the moment
Great!  Smiley

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
psihotoc

Activity: 683
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 12:35:39 PM

Guys'. Tell me in what pool you can mine a coin in solo?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2019, 12:40:52 PM

State of the Miners

The current network Hash Rate as of Block 48639 sits at 4,437,469 Sol/s after reaching a peak of around 6 million Sol/s. With hash rate increasing steadily from mainnet launch, you are probably wondering which miners to use with which cards.
Currently the go to miner for Nvidia cards is the Gminer v1.31, and for AMD cards the lolMiner 0.7 alpha 4.

Gminer v1.31
Palit GTX 1060 Super JetStream 3GB:                                      ~11 Sol/s
Palit GTX 1060 JetStream 6GB:                                                ~13 Sol/s
Palit GTX 1070 Ti JetStream 8GB:                                            ~23 Sol/s
MSI GTX 1080 SEA HAWK EK X 8GB:                                       ~24 Sol/s
Gigabyte 1080 Ti AORUS Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition 11GB:  ~33 Sol/s
MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8GB:                                                      ~23 Sol/s
MSI RTX 2080 DUKE 8GB:                                                       ~30 Sol/s

lolMiner 0.7 alpha 4
Sapphire Pulse Radeon 580 4G:                                               ~12.5 sol/s
PowerColor Radeon RX Vega 56 Red Dragon:                            ~19 sol/s
Gigabyte RTX 2060 Windforce:                                                ~20 sol/s
unspecific cards:
RX 560 4G:                                                                           ~6 sol/s
R7 280 3G:                                                                           ~8 sol/s
RX 570:                                                                                ~10 sol/s
Vega 64:                                                                               ~21 sol/s
GTX 1060 3G                                                                         ~10 sol/s

GMiner
lolMiner
Explorer
Pools

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: