Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:40:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BEAM | Mimblewimble | Private | Scalable | No ICO | No Pre Mine  (Read 77191 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (14 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
rgsnedds

Activity: 952
Merit: 17

raskul

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 03:24:53 PM

Submit your questions to our CMO for the forthcoming AMA here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1i1zAvCcXTudgms_EpjSMk3Wol4nTKKUdVMshCgX3Y2A

Ooops looks like I missed it. I have a few questions. This is a very very interesting project IMO, very unique. 1. How would opt in auditability work? 2. I read that BEAM plans tokenized real world assets on mimblewimble? 3. when one sided payments are enabled for BEAM then it will be on hardware wallets? Especially question #2 putting real world assests on mimblewimble, is there an example please to understand? I like this fresh project. Thanks

thanks for your questions.

1. Opt-in auditability will not be backwards compatible for previous transactions, moreover the user will be able to enable the wallet for future transactions when the feature is fully deployed. This will allow audit by third party or external group (for example tax regulators etc). So enablement of opt-in auditability will not show any transactions which are made previous to the 'opt-in'

2. Confidential assets will be a service available to third parties who wish to tokenize their assets, in a secure and private way. An example might be company shares where a company wishes to keep all share info on the Beam blockchain, and allow dividends to be paid to shareholders in their confidential asset token. This would allow full privacy - unlike ERC20 tokens on other blockchains which are pseudo-anonymous in a public ledger.

3. Yes, we are currently working on one-sided payments and initially the Trezor T hardware wallet. Once all the heavy work has been completed on the Trezor T and it is able to carry Beam, then we will expand to other hardware wallets.

Smiley

i hope this answered your queries
proTOKYOl

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 06:33:33 PM

Submit your questions to our CMO for the forthcoming AMA here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1i1zAvCcXTudgms_EpjSMk3Wol4nTKKUdVMshCgX3Y2A

Ooops looks like I missed it. I have a few questions. This is a very very interesting project IMO, very unique. 1. How would opt in auditability work? 2. I read that BEAM plans tokenized real world assets on mimblewimble? 3. when one sided payments are enabled for BEAM then it will be on hardware wallets? Especially question #2 putting real world assests on mimblewimble, is there an example please to understand? I like this fresh project. Thanks

1. Opt-in auditability will not be backwards compatible for previous transactions, moreover the user will be able to enable the wallet for future transactions when the feature is fully deployed. This will allow audit by third party or external group (for example tax regulators etc). So enablement of opt-in auditability will not show any transactions which are made previous to the 'opt-in'

2. Confidential assets will be a service available to third parties who wish to tokenize their assets, in a secure and private way. An example might be company shares where a company wishes to keep all share info on the Beam blockchain, and allow dividends to be paid to shareholders in their confidential asset token. This would allow full privacy - unlike ERC20 tokens on other blockchains which are pseudo-anonymous in a public ledger.

3. Yes, we are currently working on one-sided payments and initially the Trezor T hardware wallet. Once all the heavy work has been completed on the Trezor T and it is able to carry Beam, then we will expand to other hardware wallets.

Smiley

Thanks!! This is even more interesting! Amazing qualities, I have to say BEAM has clear ideas of problems these are 3 big things you helped me on. Smiley
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 06:48:07 PM

Smiley

Thanks!! This is even more interesting! Amazing qualities, I have to say BEAM has clear ideas of problems these are 3 big things you helped me on. Smiley

you are very welcome, glad to have been of help.
Onizuka3024

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 04:46:43 AM

Yeahhh.. Btc to the moonn! Beam go further 7k 8k sat ..just buy
TherapOne

Activity: 158

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 10:20:26 PM

Yeahhh.. Btc to the moonn! Beam go further 7k 8k sat ..just buy

13k Smiley
Grmmmmmm

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2019, 11:44:32 AM

Hello, is there any beam pool that pays in btc or eth? Thanks
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2019, 11:50:54 AM

Hello, is there any beam pool that pays in btc or eth? Thanks
you can sell hashes on nicehash
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2019, 07:03:08 AM

Focus on Privacy

Episode Three - Naeem Aslam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz8SB-pybUQ

Watch our third episode discussing privacy with Naeem Aslam, Chief Market Analyst at ThinkMarkets FX, Stocks, Commodities) and Columnist at Forbes.

Team Beam
BeamPrivacy
Copper Member

Activity: 328
Merit: 3

Beam me up Scotty!

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2019, 04:12:31 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2021, 07:24:31 AM by mprep

Hectic achievements for Team Beam this week (Swaps, Qtum Hackathon and many more), check it out! https://beamprivacy.substack.com/p/beam-2019-week-25-beam-and-qtum-joining

We are happy to invite you to join our first Hackathon in collaboration Qtum. Up to $25K to win in this challenge focus on Privacy Tech and bridges between the 2 protocols. https://hackathon.qtum.org/
First webinar is for today!

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]

Full Members  v.2:
Screenshot URL: https://i.imgur.com/mF0h5jS.png
Screenshot preview:
Quote from: 'Screenshot preview'

Quote from: 'Raw preview'
⟁  B E A M                                                                                                                                                                      
                                               Scalable Confidential Cryptocurrency | Mimblewimble Implementation                                              
Get Connected ● [twitter]  [reddit]  [medium]  [discord]  [telegram]  [gitter]  [youtube]  [github]  [btctalk]
Code:
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2019, 04:22:12 PM

A note to all Beam miners.. please guys we would really appreciate balancing the network a bit better than it currently is. One single pool is overweight and there are pool ops who are supporting our network with zero fees and not getting support themselves. I understand that you guys are quite content on the pools that you are using but we really need to consider a better balance. I hear constantly about how miners worry about overweight pools on the Beam network yet this problem still persists that the majority of miners flock like sheep to the largest pools.

WE NEED YOU TO SPREAD YOUR HASHRATES PLEASE.

yesterday, the Pool op of Sunpool set his pool fee at 0% and has no intention of making this a short-term discount. Let's show some support to the developers and hard working guys who are trying to help evolve Beam. No crypto is safe from attacks by overweight miners and at the end of the day if problems occur, we can't be held responsible for a decentralised network of miners who do not consider the implications of this.

Thank You.

Raskul.
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2019, 08:15:48 AM

The "Beam Node Sync chart" and "Output Chart" at the end of https://explorer.beamprivacy.community really demonstrate Mimblewimble advantage.
Fast sync (with cut-through) is about 23% the size of full sync.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
wozzzzz

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 10:14:38 AM

yo bro's, is this coin worth hodling for ages or not? will it grow or is it one of them that sits there and slowly dies??
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2019, 12:11:34 PM

yo bro's, is this coin worth hodling for ages or not? will it grow or is it one of them that sits there and slowly dies??

Beam will never die Wink
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2019, 12:06:56 PM

This is fast moving towards replacing DASH and XMR as go to privacy coins. The tech here is significantly better.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2019, 01:35:13 PM

I'm running a GIVEAWAY!

for 24hrs I will run a small reward for the best $Beam tweet. I will be judge and jury and the best $Beam tweet as decided by me, will receive 10BEAM from my personal stash.

Rulez: you must use the $Beam tag and share a Beam address in the first comment of the post.

example: in the screenshot below

ends 1pm UK Time Sunday 30 June 2019.

Tweet on!
proTOKYOl

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 06:27:15 PM

Recently I read that there might be browser integration in the future. Would this look like Metamask? How would it be private if on browser? Huh Thanks!
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2019, 08:59:44 PM

Recently I read that there might be browser integration in the future. Would this look like Metamask? How would it be private if on browser? Huh Thanks!

webwallet was put back to later development due to the volume of work required to continue on more important features.
however, yes, webwallet would leak user privacy, being one of the reasons it is not as high importance as other features which are being developed.
Feel free to keep eyes on our github production lines at https://github.com/BeamMW/beam/projects

Smiley
madnessteat
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 2036

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 09:26:29 PM

Can you give me a hint, please? I just joined the coin mining today. I have a small mining rig which consists of 2 ROG Strix GTX 1070 and 1 ROG Strix GTX 1070ti. The hashreits of my GPU's are visible on the screenshot:

Are these good indicators or do I need to experiment with overclocking?

When I installed my wallet, did I choose to use someone else's node and this is somehow reflected in the Average Hashrate?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2019, 09:29:02 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2021, 07:23:34 AM by mprep

Can you give me a hint, please? I just joined the coin mining today. I have a small mining rig which consists of 2 ROG Strix GTX 1070 and 1 ROG Strix GTX 1070ti. The hashreits of my GPU's are visible on the screenshot:

Are these good indicators or do I need to experiment with overclocking?

When I installed my wallet, did I choose to use someone else's node and this is somehow reflected in the Average Hashrate?

your hashrates are as I would expect them to be.

regarding the node connection of the wallet, it won't make a difference to your mining.
if you go to https://beamprivacy.community  - on the right hand tab you can see a full list of all secure nodes that you can connect to the network.
None of your privacy is leaked by utilising any kind of node as none of your information is held publicly on the blockchain - everything is held safely and securely in your own wallet.

Focus on Privacy

Episode Five - Kirsty Gordon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DKmUSSQ-5s

Watch our Fifth episode discussing privacy with Kirsty Gordon, engineer and Crypto-blogger. Check out her twitter at https://twitter.com/FlamingoKrypto/

Team Beam

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
BeamPrivacy
Copper Member

Activity: 328
Merit: 3

Beam me up Scotty!

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2019, 05:11:13 PM

Another week, some good progress on swaps and a nice "hello" from Edward Snowden. This our week. This your week, Beamers! beamprivacy.substack.com/p/beam-2019-week-26-snowden-and-beam

Full Members  v.2:
Screenshot URL: https://i.imgur.com/mF0h5jS.png
Screenshot preview:
Quote from: 'Screenshot preview'

Quote from: 'Raw preview'
⟁  B E A M                                                                                                                                                                      
                                               Scalable Confidential Cryptocurrency | Mimblewimble Implementation                                              
Get Connected ● [twitter]  [reddit]  [medium]  [discord]  [telegram]  [gitter]  [youtube]  [github]  [btctalk]
Code:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: