Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:54:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GekkoScience NewPac / Terminus R606 (BM1387) Official Support Thread  (Read 61327 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2520

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 08:09:07 PM

Also its a Mini USB port so not that easy to come by round my way. But I have found a place and ordered some. IF it needs changing I will but I’m hoping its just because my cable is stressed all the time that its given itself a bad connection, which hopefully I’ve resolved.
In the UK try Farnell who are the parent company of Newark in the US https://uk.farnell.com/
Plus, DigiKey also has a UK branch https://www.digikey.co.uk/

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 08:32:48 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2021, 12:25:45 PM by gt_addict

Also its a Mini USB port so not that easy to come by round my way. But I have found a place and ordered some. IF it needs changing I will but I’m hoping its just because my cable is stressed all the time that its given itself a bad connection, which hopefully I’ve resolved.
In the UK try Farnell who are the parent company of Newark in the US https://uk.farnell.com/
Plus, DigiKey also has a UK branch https://www.digikey.co.uk/

Totally forgot about those two *face palm*. If the ones ive ordered turn out to be rubbish I’ll order some from there.

EDIT:-

I'm calling it problem solved now. Had two power outages today due to a dodgy steam iron and both times it came back up and running and is running at 750m V5 just like it used too. To say I'm pleased to have this sorted is an understatement.

EDIT 2:-

Now running what it was originally, 800m V5 getting 1Th  Grin

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
gt_addict

View Profile
September 05, 2021, 06:55:10 PM

I was wrong. Turns out I hadn’t got it sorted. Tried replacing the usb port today. Well that has ended in complete failure. Ended up being too heavy handed and taking a 2 of the 5 pads off at the back.

Anyone want it for spares? Just cover postage   Undecided

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

n0nce

Activity: 882
Merit: 5818

not your keys, not your coins!

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2021, 08:48:37 PM

I was wrong. Turns out I hadn’t got it sorted. Tried replacing the usb port today. Well that has ended in complete failure. Ended up being too heavy handed and taking a 2 of the 5 pads off at the back.

Oh no, that sucks! You took of some of the pads that the USB port would attach to? If you want I could try to fix it for you, have some spare time to work on a few soldering things planned anyway. Are you in EU though?
I would fix it by taking a USB port (mini or micro, not sure what I have on hand) with a breakout PCB already attached, gluing it in a good place and soldering wires from the breakout PCB onto the miner's PCB's USB traces (exposing them by scraping off a bit of solder mask). It should work, did something similar once so far..  Smiley I guess, if you'd give it away for spares it would be worth a try!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gt_addict

View Profile
September 05, 2021, 08:56:38 PM

Oh no, that sucks! You took of some of the pads that the USB port would attach to? If you want I could try to fix it for you, have some spare time to work on a few soldering things planned anyway. Are you in EU though?
I would fix it by taking a USB port (mini or micro, not sure what I have on hand) with a breakout PCB already attached, gluing it in a good place and soldering wires from the breakout PCB onto the miner's PCB's USB traces (exposing them by scraping off a bit of solder mask). It should work, did something similar once so far..  Smiley I guess, if you'd give it away for spares it would be worth a try!

Ive been reading up about trying to repair it. I may give it a try first and see how I get on before I commit to giving it up. Just got to find the time now.

n0nce

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2021, 09:00:10 PM

Ive been reading up about trying to repair it. I may give it a try first and see how I get on before I commit to giving it up. Just got to find the time now.
Alright, good luck! Smiley My offer stands though, if you pay shipping both ways, I'd do my best to get it working again!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gt_addict

View Profile
September 06, 2021, 09:08:34 PM

Alright, good luck! Smiley My offer stands though, if you pay shipping both ways, I'd do my best to get it working again!

Whereabouts are you located? I’ve managed to take a picture, ive taken iff two traces aswell  Embarrassed

https://imgur.com/a/l1OTQRd

n0nce

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2021, 09:58:29 PM

Whereabouts are you located? I’ve managed to take a picture, ive taken iff two traces aswell  Embarrassed
Damn, Data+ and Data- Undecided
Data- will wire up directly to the FTDI chip and Data+ to wherever that goes (through via, then probably to FTDI chip as well, I bet, probably right next to Data-).

I'm in EU, you as well?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gt_addict

View Profile
September 06, 2021, 10:01:39 PM

Data- will wire up directly to the FTDI chip and Data+ to wherever that goes (through via, then probably to FTDI chip as well, I bet, probably right next to Data-).

I'm in EU, you as well?

Yea thanks to the help of another couple of members I’ve identified the vias and pins etc. Just thought I would show you before I decided to send it, just so it wasn't a wasted cost of postage. I’m in the UK.

Got supplies arriving tomorrow so going to give it a go as soon as I have time.

n0nce

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2021, 10:06:59 PM

Yea thanks to the help of another couple of members I’ve identified the vias and pins etc. Just thought I would show you before I decided to send it, just so it wasn't a wasted cost of postage. I’m in the UK.

Alright, sounds good! I would try with some thin enameled wire, heat the correct pads of the FTDI chip and push in the (stripped) wire end. Then wire it to a new USB port.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
heslo

Activity: 1161
Merit: 943

View Profile
September 07, 2021, 07:55:12 AM

I'm in EU, you as well?

That's pretty easily fixed mate; you should be good
gt_addict

View Profile
September 07, 2021, 06:19:12 PM

OK so had a couple of hours to try and fix the f**k up I made before. Just plugged her in and shes working. I'm very surprised the magic smoke didnt come out.

heslo

Activity: 1161
Merit: 943

View Profile
September 08, 2021, 06:51:43 AM

OK so had a couple of hours to try and fix the f**k up I made before. Just plugged her in and shes working. I'm very surprised the magic smoke didnt come out.

Good man!
Brewzr

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2021, 10:59:29 PM

Why on earth do so many folks point to Amazon, eBay et al for components? God only knows what quality they are - odds are, not the best...
There are plenty of real component distributors in the world such as Mouser, DigiKey, Newark, etc. that sell top-quality components made by trustworthy manufacturers and sold at a very decent price.

Stuff from Amazon et al are so cheap for a very good reason...

Well, mostly because we don't have access otherwise.  I live in a fairly populated area and to this day, after 8 years, I can't find anyone that will supply or fix small electronics.  Just sad, but, on the other hand its forced me to learn how to diy
n0nce

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2021, 11:08:11 PM

Glad to hear that, good job!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gvb

Activity: 140
Merit: 9

View Profile
September 13, 2021, 02:40:35 PM

Hello,

today I moved my R606 a bit and suddenly the mini usb connector came of the pcb and it was still attached to the cable.

cheap soldering with on top only connector Wink

I placed it back on the board and soldered 2 of the side legs so that it's stuck again.

But now my R606 isn't detected anymore.

The speed buttons still seems to work as the leds change tho.

I guess the small usb port is the mining port and the big port an additional 5V usb powering port?

Could it be that something shorted while the connector came off and how can I tell what's still working and what not?

n0nce

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2021, 03:53:06 PM

I placed it back on the board and soldered 2 of the side legs so that it's stuck again.
The side legs are just power, data is in the centre.
You'll need to have it repaired (or do it yourself) but make sure not to short the data lines, they go directly into the FTDI chip.

If the port ripped off though, it's possible the data pads are gone or even the traces, so best would be a picture.

As I mentioned before, I offer to do little electronic repairs if it's inside EU Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gvb

Activity: 140
Merit: 9

View Profile
September 14, 2021, 06:08:01 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2021, 01:51:10 PM by gvb

no kidding.

I thought the 4 legs are just placement thingies and that the rest power/data went over the 5 mini legs.

those 5 are still intact but I'm not sure if they still touch enough.

can I measure the powerlegs with some other soldering on the back of the board?

I'm from Belgium so I don't know how much shipping would be to your end.

I'll first see if that port still gives power.

Edit: ok, rushing at 8am wasn't smart. I connected the usb wire and plugged in the psu power cable and only got a flash of the orange led.

turn out that the end of the usb cable was touching the metal plate where the fan grill is screwed onto.

good news is that the pc psu is dead but the device still works with a general 12V power supply.

how much amps does it maximum pull so that I can use an adapter that's strong enough until I fixed another pc psu?

Edit 2: the atx psu works again. it seems to be blocked for a while (thermal protection or caps that were not fully unloaded?)

Thursday morning I'm alone here in the office and I'll have another attempt with the connector soldering.

By the way does anyone know what those 4 or 5 big pins are on the top left of the board? seems like that fits mini usb break out boards but I don't know if that is related to that usb port.
chrisw65

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2021, 10:28:46 AM

Hi  a newbie to mining

I purchased a gekko newpac with a powered hub and cooling ..

Using cg miner 4.11.1

Tried on windows with zadiq

tried with linux
tried with mac
tried with raspberry

And even without the hub incase it was power related to the hub
tried different freq with --gekko-newpac-freq

And i get the same 0 chips found and i get no further

Am i doing something consistently wrong Huh

gt_addict

View Profile
September 18, 2021, 12:30:10 PM

Hi  a newbie to mining

I purchased a gekko newpac with a powered hub and cooling ..

Using cg miner 4.11.1

Tried on windows with zadiq

tried with linux
tried with mac
tried with raspberry

And even without the hub incase it was power related to the hub
tried different freq with --gekko-newpac-freq

And i get the same 0 chips found and i get no further

Am i doing something consistently wrong Huh

What cgminer did you use? The standard one or the one developed for this device (link in the first page of this thread).

Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 »
  Print  

Jump to: