Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:54:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GekkoScience NewPac / Terminus R606 (BM1387) Official Support Thread  (Read 61337 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
tom22022

Activity: 33
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 29, 2021, 10:55:19 PM

Hello, trying to compile cgminer per the instructions from the GekkoScience docs.  It is failing on Make but I can't tell exactly why.

First I run
sudo git clone https://github.com/vthoang/cgminer.git

Then
sudo CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native" ./autogen.sh --enable-gekko
Completes ok.

Then I run
sudo make -j 2

Make ends with the following snippet
Code:
/usr/bin/ld: cgminer-driver-gekko.o:(.bss+0xff0): multiple definition of `avalonm_drv'; cgminer-cgminer.o:(.bss+0x2ad8): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: cgminer-driver-gekko.o:(.bss+0x10e0): multiple definition of `avalon7_drv'; cgminer-cgminer.o:(.bss+0x29e8): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: cgminer-driver-gekko.o:(.bss+0x11d0): multiple definition of `avalon4_drv'; cgminer-cgminer.o:(.bss+0x28f8): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: cgminer-driver-gekko.o:(.bss+0x12c0): multiple definition of `avalon2_drv'; cgminer-cgminer.o:(.bss+0x2808): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: cgminer-driver-gekko.o:(.bss+0x13b0): multiple definition of `avalon_drv'; cgminer-cgminer.o:(.bss+0x2718): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: cgminer-driver-gekko.o:(.bss+0x14a0): multiple definition of `ants3_drv'; cgminer-cgminer.o:(.bss+0x2628): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: cgminer-driver-gekko.o:(.bss+0x1590): multiple definition of `ants2_drv'; cgminer-cgminer.o:(.bss+0x2538): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: cgminer-driver-gekko.o:(.bss+0x1680): multiple definition of `ants1_drv'; cgminer-cgminer.o:(.bss+0x2448): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: cgminer-driver-gekko.o:(.bss+0x1770): multiple definition of `modminer_drv'; cgminer-cgminer.o:(.bss+0x2358): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: cgminer-driver-gekko.o:(.bss+0x1860): multiple definition of `bitforce_drv'; cgminer-cgminer.o:(.bss+0x2268): first defined here
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [Makefile:891: cgminer] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/cgminer'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:1835: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/cgminer'
make: *** [Makefile:794: all] Error 2

I re-ran the whole thing as root without sudo and same result.

Any idea how I can track this down, its not very descriptive.  As far as I know all the dependencies that required were installed.  Running Ubuntu 20.10 on Raspberry Pi.

I have BFGminer installed but for the life of me cannot get it to identify the Newpac so I thought cgminer was the way to go since the equipment maker recommended.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
April 29, 2021, 11:54:06 PM

As far as I know all the dependencies that required were installed.  Running Ubuntu 20.10 on Raspberry Pi.

If you need to use Ubuntu for some reason, use an LTS version such as 20.04.  I think the .10's are beta's.

On a Pi it's probably best to use rasbian.

If you do decide to try the raspberry OS then these instructions are a little more detailed than the top post.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5053833.msg50968875#msg50968875

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
tom22022

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 12:12:40 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2021, 09:24:47 PM by tom22022

EDIT: I compiled on another server running 20.04 and that worked.  Thanks.
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 01:38:13 AM

Unfortunately 20.04 is only available in the LTS version not the prebuild version which pi requires.  Does anyone know if I can run bfgminer on these newpacs?  For whatever reason I can compile that.

Well just use the Raspberry OS.  It's made for it after all.

BFG Miner doesn't support newpacs.  They developed their own version of CGMiner to support these.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2542

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 01:54:07 AM

They developed their own version of CGMiner to support these.
More specifically, vh wrote the driver that cgminer uses to communicate with the ASIC chips. For any miner, the driver is a manufacturers 'Secret Sauce' that makes or breaks miner performance. Without it, cgminer (or bfgminer) are useless.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Schne564

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 02:19:33 AM

Hello. I need help with my r606.

I am using CGMINER 4.11.1 with a Ras Pi 4 and can get the r606 to start mining just fine, but it zombies after about 10 minutes of operation. My power source is 12V - 8A brick (have also used a 10A before but no change) with barrel plug. I unplug it and fire it back up, but it will zombie about the same amount of runtime -(rinse, repeat). I have noticed it dies when it try's to peak adjust the target frequency. I have tried many different frequencies from 200-600 Mhz - but it does not seem to matter - it zombies when it try's to peak adjust.

Has anyone seen this issue before? Any ideas on how to troubleshoot or fix? Is there a way to keep the miner from trying to peak adjust the frequency? Please don't hesitate to post re or PM me. I really appreciate any guidance or help - this one is a head scratcher for this Newbie. Thanks!
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2226

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2021, 03:05:23 AM

I am using CGMINER 4.11.1 with a Ras Pi 4 and can get the r606 to start mining just fine, but it zombies after about 10 minutes of operation. My power source is 12V - 8A brick (have also used a 10A before but no change) with barrel plug. I unplug it and fire it back up, but it will zombie about the same amount of runtime -(rinse, repeat). I have noticed it dies when it try's to peak adjust the target frequency. I have tried many different frequencies from 200-600 Mhz - but it does not seem to matter - it zombies when it try's to peak adjust.

Has anyone seen this issue before? Any ideas on how to troubleshoot or fix? Is there a way to keep the miner from trying to peak adjust the frequency? Please don't hesitate to post re or PM me. I really appreciate any guidance or help - this one is a head scratcher for this Newbie. Thanks!

are you sure its not just doing plateau's ? it should do that 3 times - where it ramps up and then starts over, it will drop to zero but then will work its way back up.  Just not sure how long you are giving it when you say it is "zombies" out.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
Schne564

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 04:00:03 AM

are you sure its not just doing plateau's ? it should do that 3 times - where it ramps up and then starts over, it will drop to zero but then will work its way back up.  Just not sure how long you are giving it when you say it is "zombies" out.

Really appreciate the response. Once it tries to peak adjust: target frequency it does not recover. It immediately goes to 'GSI 0 Failure, disabling'. It then ZOMBIE's  or goes to OFF status and won't come back no matter how long I leave it running. The only way to get it to fire up again is to unplug it and plug it back in. Any ideas? Thanks.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2021, 04:21:25 AM

Really appreciate the response. Once it tries to peak adjust: target frequency it does not recover. It immediately goes to 'GSI 0 Failure, disabling'. It then ZOMBIE's  or goes to OFF status and won't come back no matter how long I leave it running. The only way to get it to fire up again is to unplug it and plug it back in. Any ideas? Thanks.

I had one do this to me on windows and it was luckily replaced as it was faulty. You might have a faulty one as well. Did you buy it new or used? If new, how long ago? You might be able to get it fixed or replaced.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
tom22022

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 10:59:44 AM

Unfortunately 20.04 is only available in the LTS version not the prebuild version which pi requires.  Does anyone know if I can run bfgminer on these newpacs?  For whatever reason I can compile that.

BFG Miner doesn't support newpacs.  They developed their own version of CGMiner to support these.

I think I am just missing some package that it requires to compile, but I just don't know which one.  The packages that it lists are fairly minimum, as the compiling would error out it would give you a clue to what was missing, for example libz.  I am looking for a way to figure out what might be missing but the error message is not descriptive.  Is there a way to debug the compile?
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 11:35:31 AM

I think I am just missing some package that it requires to compile, but I just don't know which one.  The packages that it lists are fairly minimum, as the compiling would error out it would give you a clue to what was missing, for example libz.  I am looking for a way to figure out what might be missing but the error message is not descriptive.  Is there a way to debug the compile?

If you look through this thread you will see many posts about people having trouble using Ubuntu .10 versions. The fix was always to use the LTS release.  Raspbian is known to work fine and well.

Schne564

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 12:56:03 PM

I had one do this to me on windows and it was luckily replaced as it was faulty. You might have a faulty one as well. Did you buy it new or used? If new, how long ago? You might be able to get it fixed or replaced.

Thanks for the info. It is well out of warranty so replacement isn't an option. Do you know what was causing the fault you were experiencing, or have a guess? I am hopeful I can fix it or if possible have it repaired - know anyone who repairs r606s as a paid service? I am thinking it could be the temperature sensor - I have seen the lights blinking after it fails a few times, however I have a temp gun and it stays around 30-35C. Any more ideas? Anyone else experience this issue? Thanks.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2021, 02:51:56 PM

Thanks for the info. It is well out of warranty so replacement isn't an option. Do you know what was causing the fault you were experiencing, or have a guess? I am hopeful I can fix it or if possible have it repaired - know anyone who repairs r606s as a paid service? I am thinking it could be the temperature sensor - I have seen the lights blinking after it fails a few times, however I have a temp gun and it stays around 30-35C. Any more ideas? Anyone else experience this issue? Thanks.

no I do not know what the issue was - sidehack fixed it and sent it back or he sent me a new one - either way, it works perfectly now. I would also try to use non-ubuntu Linux as suggested above and see if that helps.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
detroitcityg

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 06:05:33 PM

Hello people !!
Signed up to try to get some help with this miner. I purchased it from EBAY and it arrived broken. I would like to repair it. Looking at the comparisons to my other miners and pictures of this model online and have marked the locations of the missing components. I was wanting to know if anyone would know what these are exactly so that I could replace them.

https://postimg.cc/rRFGqwRT
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 06:24:47 PM

If it arrived broken then send it back. You’re covered with ebays buyer protection.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
theduke7

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 09, 2021, 07:14:59 PM

Hello!

It have been almost a month that I've ordered a Gekkoscience BM1384.
Order is confirmed, but there isn't any info about shipping date, availability anything at all.
Also, from the site when "contact is"  is selected, it leads to a broken page.

I've trusted the asicpuppy based on the info provided here, but they seems very unprofessional from customer handling point of view.

How I can get any feedback when the order will be shipped?
cosmiconion

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 12, 2021, 03:06:09 PM

Hi, I am new here.  Can anyone tell me if the Terminus R606 is profitable in 2021?
- I cannot find any information

I have a windows PC running Nicehash with its RX 570 GU, could I also run the R606 simultaneously on CG Miner ?
- will nice hash running same time as CGMiner work?

Any other advice in setting up and profitability.

I have an Apollo BTC on order ... and just wondering if R606 is worth it with BTC above $50,000

Many thanks

gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
May 12, 2021, 06:18:47 PM

With everything to do with profitability, it all depends on your electricity cost.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
theduke7

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 16, 2021, 03:40:03 PM

Hello!

It have been almost a month that I've ordered a Gekkoscience BM1384.
Order is confirmed, but there isn't any info about shipping date, availability anything at all.
Also, from the site when "contact is"  is selected, it leads to a broken page.

I've trusted the asicpuppy based on the info provided here, but they seems very unprofessional from customer handling point of view.

How I can get any feedback when the order will be shipped?

It arrived...
Some more status/info about the ordering status would be good, at least through mail.

Anyway thanks!
vintag386
Copper Member

Activity: 25
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 01:02:12 AM

Just curious, what are you all using as you're difficulty setting with the newpacs? I'm at 512 right now, but I'd like to know your opinions.

Thanks,
vintag386
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 »
  Print  

Jump to: