Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:25:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the Real Risks of Crypto?  (Read 22048 times)
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:09:59 AM

I would say that the major risks of crypto are in legitimacy issues of rougue tokens, and of obsolecence caused by superior competitive currencies doing what your initial coin did only better. The volatile nature means that as well as generating large fast profits in a bill run they can also drop in value by up to 99% at times also.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
blockchain-man

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:15:43 AM

In my opinion, the real risk of crypto is when participants are not ready for knowledge, experience and hasty decisions. In addition, market volatility is also a factor for risk ...
briton

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:20:24 AM

Of course there is a risk, which is definitely going up and down, that will certainly happen in the world of cryptocurrency and that is one of the risks, still be wise whatever it is
muzkle

Activity: 266

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:22:38 AM

In my opinion, risk in crypto is due to many factors: attacked wallet, due to market crisis suddenly, due to lack of knowledge, experience of crypto ...

sotovid

Activity: 420

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:22:47 AM

no problem for users there will be no market trend, someone should lose in this game.

karthcrypt

Activity: 266

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:22:54 AM

The risk of holding less quality coin is that you get the value of your coin depleted over time.  And you can also be stuck on a coin for sometime because it take development for a coin to gain value!

RockBar0

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:40:04 AM

In my opinion, risk in crypto is due to many factors: attacked wallet, due to market crisis suddenly, due to lack of knowledge, experience of crypto ...
But the most important risk in this market is the price drop, the risk of falling prices can make us wobble and lose our minds, make decisions that are lacking in wisdom, so in my opinion So worry, consider before deciding to invest in cryptography.
Coinraptor

Activity: 257

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:48:28 AM

No risk no gain bro. Nothing can achieve without taking the risk. Falling price, hackers, and scammer as well are the worst risk in crypto but you want to be the gainer then you must overcome this risk. You must be serious about your assets and wallets security if you do them carefully then you can shine here.

- ESPERS -

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:01:19 AM

The crypto market involves the same risks as gambling. You can become richer or poorer. The difference between the crypto market and gambling is that the crypto market is very likely to make huge profits and lower chances to lose. The downside is that for profits in the crypto market, you have to wait longer, being long-term investments. Other risks of the crypto market are related to user security. There are people who lose their private keys and can no longer connect to their wallets and lose their money. Another risk is given by trading errors on different platforms.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:05:37 AM

The risk of getting looted to scammed is the biggest one. Most of the time people loosing their money in the scam projects only. Otherwise just look at the market, the bitcoin itself is very stable as compared to other crypto coins or at least it has the potential to recover itself whenever there is worst dump that comes up front. So we can rely on it and there is very much less risk involved as compared to other coins.
The risk is only in terms of altcoins. With ever changing crypto related regulations it is now getting hard for investors to believe in some projects which do not follow them and may get ceased, shut down and much more. Basically lots of risks according to situations.
memecoin

Activity: 308

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:13:24 AM

The real risk of crypto for me and many newbies is the constant and stealthy scams of the scammers. We lack a lot of experience in this business, which is good for scammers, so we are taking the bitcointalk to understand more about them.

Am I spamming? Report me!
alian17

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 07:25:34 AM

The investment of encryption is the human factor. We will judge whether the project is good or bad according to our instinct. And then invest. Human emotions play a very important role in this. People's emotions completely affect investment decisions. So we must learn more about encrypt knowledge. Keep yourself awake to the project.

Neutro               More than a blockchain
          Join The WHITELIST         
Telegram     Twitter     Linkedin     Github     Medium
Yabuy92

Activity: 396

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 07:30:30 AM

What do you guys think are the real risks of cryptocurrencies and are there any ways of overcoming them? I've attached a good article below that covers a lot of the solutions to what people consider problematic at the moment, and it essentially says most of the risks are down to the user and not the technology (i.e. lack of education). Am interested to hear your opinions.

The interesting article: https://medium.com/@DDhopn/what-are-the-risks-of-buying-crypto-ff1c991a6c83

P.S. I am heavily involved in crypto, just keeping an open mind
crypto currencies fluctuate, too risky sometimes if you want to trade because of price volatility, we can all see a very drastic improvement in 2017 and 2018 and indeed very much needed here our knowledge and emotional

Abal Abal

Activity: 602

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 07:38:02 AM

What do you guys think are the real risks of cryptocurrencies and are there any ways of overcoming them? I've attached a good article below that covers a lot of the solutions to what people consider problematic at the moment, and it essentially says most of the risks are down to the user and not the technology (i.e. lack of education). Am interested to hear your opinions.

The interesting article: https://medium.com/@DDhopn/what-are-the-risks-of-buying-crypto-ff1c991a6c83

P.S. I am heavily involved in crypto, just keeping an open mind
very good solution, and very beneficial. but my simple solution so that we avoid the risks mentioned is, we have to have a lot of knowledge and a lot of experience, so I guarantee you will be protected from those risks.

Xiaolongnu

Activity: 375
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:47:13 AM

There are many risks in crypto. Our wallet, computer and exchanges could be hacked. Crypto value is not stable and we could lose funds, especially when we hold non quality coins. About investment, there are too much scam project and we will lost funds if invest in those scams.
frchowe214

Activity: 402

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:49:49 AM

The risk is to do with humans investing in good and bad projects as they will be doing so to make money, but also technology will be a problem as we are a decade away from quantum computing and most are not yet quantum resistant

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▇  GLX  ▇▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Medium  ♦️  Facebook  ♦️  Telegram ◄ ▬▬▬▬ Class A Common Equity Token  ▬▬▬▬  ▶ Twitter  ♦️  Offering memorandum  ♦️  GitHub
STO ▶ March 15 2019 - May 14 2019
Sissebrahima

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:15:35 PM

The cryptocurrency user is in constant fear of losing money from the actions of fraudsters. The safety of the participant depends on itself. Another risk and fear is that government laws can be introduced that limit or prohibit the conduct of work in cryptography.
loveinberlin

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:32:55 PM

I think that the real risks of crypto are connected with the fact that not all people accept crypto still considering it the one that you can't rely on. to my mind, it is better to avoid risks and keep coins
azisjz4

Activity: 521

https://okglobalcoinsg.com/

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 09:36:56 PM

Cryptocurrencies have a high risk because there is no guarantee that we will benefit in the future after we invest, simply speaking we can be richer than before, or can be poorer than before. I agree, with the opinion that the biggest risk is to the user, if we don't know and have good knowledge about crypto it will be very risky, and other risks from crypto are that we don't know exactly what transactions we do with, and what kind of person we are connected to

leviathon

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 12:07:56 PM

The real risks of cryptocurrencies is that when you are investing in them you stand the risk of losing your money when the coins ends up failing and getting delisted, the market is very volatile so there is a lot of ways you will lose your money as the coins can fall in value. Mostly there is no much risks if you are investing in already established coins
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: