Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:39:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the Real Risks of Crypto?  (Read 22050 times)
chenille

Activity: 428
Merit: 172

chenille!

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 12:06:21 AM

Well, there are many, here only a few:

Risking savings or too much money
Many don't use this rule and wake up badly. So don't invest more you are willing to lose and very important, don't take a loan.

FOMO & FUD!
Every research can be ruined if it's driven by FOMO or FUD. It's important to look at the facts and don't let emotions result in wrong decisions.

Avoid being hacked
It's important to be careful of hackers. Don't store too much money in exchanges, check website url to avoid entering your password on a phishing site and don't click suspicious links.

⁓ chenille! ⁓
Checkoi

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 12:57:03 AM

I believe that we risk losing absolutely all of our funds, but at the same time I can definitely tell you that we can earn incredible money, so I think that the risk is quite justified.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Dellosoft
Copper Member

Activity: 206
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 01:04:43 AM

The main risk attached to crypto is loss of funds either from exchange hacks, personal wallet hacks or scam ICOs. The one caused by the user is ignorance or carelessness leading to personal wallet hacks. Exchange hacks or scam ICO issues is not solely the user's fault. Proper crypto education will help solve this a great deal, hence reducing risks to minimum.
Ayobami99
Copper Member

Activity: 617
Merit: 3

The wonders of the blockchain technology

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 11:03:01 AM

What do you guys think are the real risks of cryptocurrencies and are there any ways of overcoming them? I've attached a good article below that covers a lot of the solutions to what people consider problematic at the moment, and it essentially says most of the risks are down to the user and not the technology (i.e. lack of education). Am interested to hear your opinions.

The interesting article: https://medium.com/@DDhopn/what-are-the-risks-of-buying-crypto-ff1c991a6c83

P.S. I am heavily involved in crypto, just keeping an open mind
Just like you have noted, it is all about not being educated adequately, but I'd like to call it ‘lack of information and inability to accurately interpret available information ’... Its is actually a defect that people needs to deal with

🕹️ Wunbit Arcade 🕹️
   🌐 =⬢ Website ⬢= 🌐       👾 Join the Next Generation of Blockchain-Powered Games! 👾        📄 =⬢ Whitepaper ⬢= 📄
📣 =⬢ Facebook ⬢= 📣                    ☝️ =⬢ Twitter ⬢= ☝️                    🎰 =⬢ Bitcointalk Thread ⬢= 🎰                    💬 =⬢ Telegram ⬢= 💬                    🚀 =⬢ BUY TOKENS ⬢= 🚀
bgpsq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:06:00 AM

There are only 2 risks:
1st is that you will loose money by investing into a bad coin.
2nd is that you will loose money because someone will hack your private key.
clonely

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:07:19 AM

I think there are two types of risks. First of all, the price of the coin that we invested in is very low. Second, trade bans stipulated by states.

a d i m u l

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:11:42 AM

there is no risk in crypto in my opinion. but if we wrongly follow the bounty campaign and there is a scam it will feel like it's useless. is that what is meant by cryptocurency risk?
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:52:13 AM

What do you guys think are the real risks of cryptocurrencies and are there any ways of overcoming them? I've attached a good article below that covers a lot of the solutions to what people consider problematic at the moment, and it essentially says most of the risks are down to the user and not the technology (i.e. lack of education). Am interested to hear your opinions.

The interesting article: https://medium.com/@DDhopn/what-are-the-risks-of-buying-crypto-ff1c991a6c83

The real risk of crypto-currency in my personal opinion is the way it was fluctuate its too fast and too depth. thats why the risk is very high, I think the technology is already there! but the real problem that has need to be address if its possible is to make crypto-currency stable and if possible to control the weird fluctuation trends?! disregard the law of supply and demand trends.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 575

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 02:26:40 PM

there is no risk in crypto in my opinion. but if we wrongly follow the bounty campaign and there is a scam it will feel like it's useless. is that what is meant by cryptocurency risk?
How come you say there is no risk involved with crypto currencies? Are just limiting the whole crypto currency scenario within bounty campaign? If so, than you got a lot to learn about crypto currencies.
Investment on crypto currencies are filled with risks. The uncertainty of the future price is one of them. You might end up buying high and sell low. This in turn might cause you to lose more than half of your investment. If you are talking about long term, then its a different thing.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
zedaq

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 02:30:26 PM

The most serious and real risk is that you can lose all your invested funds and those who managed to earn all the risks that you need to understand and evaluate, are you ready for them or not.
iljamlnk

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 02:43:51 PM

Risks in the crypto world are increasing due to the lack of insurance for investors. Cryptocurrency is not legally protected.
Isuk

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 03:34:12 PM

There are only 2 risks:
1st is that you will loose money by investing into a bad coin.
2nd is that you will loose money because someone will hack your private key.
Yeah, those are the scariest risk to be here. We should be ready to lose our money when we decide to join this crypto world. And remember that we do not only need the money here, but many aspects are also needed. Controlling our emotions, having the patience and having a high curiosity are the example of the other aspects.
biletskiy

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 06:29:38 AM

I do not agree with you. If there were no risks in crypto then inexperienced beginners would not lose money when trading or investing money in cryptocurrency.
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 06:49:10 AM

I think one of the major risks we all need to consider is the volatility of markets and the affects that are felt by the proliferation of fake news stories that people pay a greater amount of attention to than they are due. It is very easy to lose 100% of your investment by choosing the wrong coins and therfore any crypto investment in the unproven coins should be looked on as a write off from the start whilst hoping for a pleasant surprise later

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
xPASTELx

Activity: 191

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 05:54:45 PM

The real risks of cryptos mainly lies in the fact that there are always scammers out there who are always trying to steal your coins. That is one of the biggest things we have to worry about as investors. Another risk is the fact that many of the coins that we have in the market right now are scams and they are taking money out of the market and it is affecting the prices of the coins in the market

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Starts:December 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)[/center
magicrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 812
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 06:35:16 PM

I think there is one big crypto risk - volatility! Many people came on the market in January 2018 and invest their money in crypto and now their portfolio 90% reduced... Of course u can make money on crypto, but u have to spend all your time here..
wanted sliter

Activity: 398

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 06:41:52 PM

the most risky part is how to know this well, cause most of people get involved to this market did not know that it's a very brutal market.
price pump and dump so hard that they just can see balance go down..
they just buy coins and left that for it to bring back some money but... sadly things is not that simple

█▐█ ██   100xCoin   ██ █▌█     {  On Our Way to $1B Market Cap & Beyond  }
⦁  Whitepaper  ⦁    Telegram    ⦁      Twitter      ⦁     Medium     ⦁      Reddit      ⦁
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
eidoscore

Activity: 723
Merit: 106

STABILA [STB] - Decentralize The Financial System

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 06:47:57 PM

the real risk as you can see, cryptocurrecy is Fluctuatif and the main point is when developer leave their project and become scam

hanomnom

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:27:15 AM

The real risks in cryptocurrency, it seems to me, we create ourselves. We are waiting for something and do not sell coins until the last moment. That is why now all cease to invest. Too many other people's stupid mistakes that affected the General opinion
Torps1

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:34:49 AM

The technology behind crypto is indeed good and very futuristic, however considering the business aspect, many people involved have an ideology of making fast money from crypto; and this has led to many frustrations and disappointments.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: