Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:18:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Worst year of trading for me damn  (Read 3639 times)
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 06:01:22 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2018, 09:06:04 AM by Juggy777

Just like COSS
Sold off 100k at 28 ETH last week
Today 100k COSS priced at 53 ETH

I became impatient to one altcoin to MFTU sold it - loss of 10% for 10 eth and then an hour after i sell it it get pump at 200% and I could have gain a lot more profit than that. That's why I becoming more careful when I'm going to sell my alts.

Hey whenever you're dealing with cryptos you should apply this rule no 1) never loose money, rule 2) never forget rule no 1. In cryptos you should invest only if you’d be perfectly happy to hold if the prices kept bottoming out, and you can be patient for the rally to happen, here you reacted and sold at a loss avoid it. I would advise you to increase the period of holding from few months to whenever you're in profit zone, all those who hodl their coins have made money in the long run.
InGODweTrast3

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 06:04:12 PM

Yes, I made the same mistakes but with other coins, for example, I sold the PundiX for 2 ETH, after 10 days it was 25 ETH, and I didn’t sell the token for 20 ETH now almost nothing, like FTX !!! Lol
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 06:09:12 PM

You have gained a very valuable experience. You must understand from the very beginning how you want to act in this market. You are either engaged in trading, or you are engaged in long-term investments.

It would be best to take these negativities in the market as a valuable experience. But in reality, it is truly hard knowing that you have lost much every passing day because of the market's situation now. Though it is very important to remain positive and hopefull that things would be good in the near future.

macstrong12

Activity: 230
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 06:11:24 PM

I totally understand that , I have some Ncash in my pocket and I thought it is a good token to hold but price just decreased to the ground and beyond from Dec 2017 , Now I don't know if I keep it or sell it in loss?!
JuliaJi

Activity: 896
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 06:15:17 PM

You are not the one, this year was hard for trading also all my holdings become nothing, still holding and believe in miracle
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 06:20:58 PM

I totally understand that , I have some Ncash in my pocket and I thought it is a good token to hold but price just decreased to the ground and beyond from Dec 2017 , Now I don't know if I keep it or sell it in loss?!
Do not sell anything negative, you need to be very wise to feel the market now. I hope that my tokens and coins in 2019 will give a lot of wealth.
Galley

Activity: 1274
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 06:32:17 PM

For many, it was a bad year financially. Understanding that it is better to keep our tokens for the future, we sell them if necessary, and then sometime later with great regret, we realize that we did not quite right. Sometimes the losses are very high and it upsets us very much.
jhache

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 06:32:49 PM

I think the problem is that get desperate and you are selling at a loss, I as a trader made my philosophy to never sell at a loss, I prefer to lose everything or win, for me there is no point in selling for less than half of the price i bough, it is not a good business to do that, so I prefer to wait even if it takes months for recovery.

anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 06:34:07 PM

In the market turbulence and the long-term as it is today it is difficult for traders to be able to preserve capital, not to mention the profit. Really a bad year.

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
Gopo6789

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 08:07:54 PM

Everytime i sold, within days to 1/2 week
It pumped like crazy

Honestly it's also happened to me, almost everytime when i'm buying a coins or tokens, it's value are start to decreasing. Day by day i'm waiting and keep hodling, and the value starting to recover, and I decide to sell that assets in around +5%-+10%. And after a couple days & weeks, the price is pumped like crazy.
The coin that i bought is NEXO, buying at 740 sats and sell at 820 sats, and today the price is at 2655 sats.

In may of this year, I also bought Groeticoin "GRS" on the exchange binance for 1100 satoshi. and sold them at +3 or 5 %, after which it was pumped up to 46000!!! that was hurtful.

GOeureka   『 https://goeureka.io/ 』
Next-Gen Solution Shaping the Future of Online Hotel Booking
prrlc

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 08:10:28 PM

Worst year for me too. Because i am join the cyrptocurrencies market this year and i lost %90 of my money. I am interesting the forex and i lost a lot of money in forex. I think i am not a good invester Smiley

heartthew

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 08:36:09 PM

Have you tried intraday trading, i.e. trading in cfd contracts?
This method is more profitable and understandable because by investing in a coin you can read about it a lot of plans that contribute to growth, but in fact the coin falls.
JeromeL

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:16:07 PM

You are not the one, this year was hard for trading also all my holdings become nothing, still holding and believe in miracle

All the coins I traded fell in price and I have to keep for a long time in the hope that the price will increase. Patience remains less and less.

Gary Levanevskii

Activity: 686
Merit: 227

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:46:53 PM

This year there has been a lot of volatility. Those who know how to trade in a lowering and trade with the trend, I think I earned a lot this year . It is important for traders to remain flexible and change strategies that no longer work
BGanio

Activity: 128

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:48:51 PM

Yes i lost too much money with trading. In 2018 is the worst year for crypto i think. But at least we learnt too many things about crypto and trading. This is not the end. We can start again with full of our experiences. But you are right. Trading and holding caused too much loss this year.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
maxilopez

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:50:34 PM

not one you, the author has suffered such a failure since I also lost a lot because of inept trading in this market

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:51:20 PM

Yes i lost too much money with trading. In 2018 is the worst year for crypto i think. But at least we learnt too many things about crypto and trading. This is not the end. We can start again with full of our experiences. But you are right. Trading and holding caused too much loss this year.
This year has giving us so much loses because of the crypto value that is has been down until this month. I even lose this year with the coin I hold the price went down. I believe we will see again a bounce back of cryptocurrency maybe next year.
raitsuk

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:58:49 PM

I think i should be agree with you, every coins that available in the market facing a downward, their price declined in a significant value.
But that also can be used as a chance to get even more profit in the future by purchasing the coins when the price is in the lowest state.

Barinerro

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 11:01:27 PM

This year of course I also lost a lot of money , I think next time you do not need to trade against the trend , of course you need to learn to earn here!

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Ingoats

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 11:02:31 PM

So after the bearish market came
I've been holding more alts than BTC/ETH

Coins like COSS, NANO, CND and etc
I been making loss and missing out most of the pump because i sell these coins and convert it to ICON (ICX) which i waited it to be move
So basically after everytime i sold my specific alts, few days later it went 100%   Shocked

NANO, bought at 0.011 ETH i sold at 0.005 ETH, 7 days later, it went up to 0.013 ETH. Hold for almost 6 months and sold, it went up after 7 days.
Same to NANO, COSS

Everytime i sold, within days to 1/2 week
It pumped like crazy

Just like COSS
Sold off 100k at 28 ETH last week
Today 100k COSS priced at 53 ETH

Holy i been making huge losses in 2018  Cheesy Sad Shocked Cool Cool
I think it is not only rtrading which is suffering from the negative market behavior this year but almost all cryptoactivities including investments and bounty projects. The negative influence that the downtrend is giving to the market, also negatively affects the profit of the individuals taking their interest away and by that, making the situation even worse. For now, let's encourage other people to hang still with cryptos and wait for recovery to occur.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: