Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:20:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ICO ENDED] Jarvis Network - bridge legacy and digital finance  (Read 44709 times)
Jarvis Edge (OP)

Activity: 864
Merit: 3

Interoperable finance | https://jarvis.network

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 09:25:06 PM

As far as I understand you want to create exchange for trading between stock trading and crypto? So users will be able to buy stock for BTC. ETH and other crypto? Or Im wrong?

I'm also understanding this out of the presentation. There is also a mention of lending your stocks, but i need to read some more about it, cause that's not clear right now.
Maybe the op can explain the lending a bit more?

Hello niklasmato

Good question! You have to note that the stocks are digitized/tokenized; so they become digital assets. Then, you can store your assets within the liquidity network to be used for margin trading as example. So you can provide leverage or just the access to your asset for a short time position.

It is the same principle as Lending in Poloniex or other exchanges, but with stocks.

For magisterr , Yes, we want to provide interoperability between assets so you can convert your stocks to crypto, to commodities, to fiat, etc.

Borderless Trading and Interoperable Finance with Jarvis Network (https://www.jarvis.network/)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 09:26:53 PM

As far as I understand you want to create exchange for trading between stock trading and crypto? So users will be able to buy stock for BTC. ETH and other crypto? Or Im wrong?

I'm also understanding this out of the presentation. There is also a mention of lending your stocks, but i need to read some more about it, cause that's not clear right now.

An explanation would be helpful. I can only imagine that they basically buy stocks for you on a regular exchange and sell your crypto to fiat before that.

Hello king_of_alts ,

You are right! We are buying stocks on your behalf. And you owns the mirror image of these holdings. So these stocks become digital assets, and as any digital asset within Jarvis, you can can exchange them for any other asset, you can pay with them, you can lend them, combine them, etc.

Borderless Trading and Interoperable Finance with Jarvis Network (https://www.jarvis.network/)
Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 09:33:50 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2018, 10:13:53 PM by Jarvis Edge

So this is a trader's wet dream? For example it wil be potentially possible to trade BTC for gold and gold for google's stocks? How regulations works in this case, you need to comply with many regulations because you're managing multiple asset classes?

Hello mandibleclaw

Correct, most jurisdictions will require licenses in order to be compliant with regulation.  Jarvis already has a license in one jurisdiction and is working on licenses and/or partnerships in several other jurisdictions in order to remain compliant with the various requirements needed to service an extensive range of clients and products from around the world.

pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 04:41:06 AM

when you are talking about the "Fiat and payment gateway" Are you guys talking about the FIAT currencies from around the globe or only a handful ones lie USD and EURO?
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 06:33:14 AM

Hello niklasmato

Good question! You have to note that the stocks are digitized/tokenized; so they become digital assets. Then, you can store your assets within the liquidity network to be used for margin trading as example. So you can provide leverage or just the access to your asset for a short time position.

It is the same principle as Lending in Poloniex or other exchanges, but with stocks.

For magisterr , Yes, we want to provide interoperability between assets so you can convert your stocks to crypto, to commodities, to fiat, etc.

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. Maybe another question based upon this.
Is this going to be regulated by some sort of stock exchange? I guess this isn't as easy as just trading tokens.
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:01:57 AM

Hello niklasmato

Is this going to be regulated by some sort of stock exchange? I guess this isn't as easy as just trading tokens.

I think stock exchange and trading tokens platforms all share a common method and interface so no need to worry much
chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:10:07 AM

I read about the AI assisted will this be like a trading bot or will it have more features, exchange stocks to crypto this i want to see, its a bold move and i know its going to be complicated.
Jepli

Activity: 315
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 08:22:20 AM

Wow! This exchange has multi features not found on most contemporary exchanges and I'm really amazed by its clearing house like features. Good job!

viljy

Activity: 1750
Merit: 880

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 08:50:03 AM

So this is a trader's wet dream? For example it wil be potentially possible to trade BTC for gold and gold for google's stocks? How regulations works in this case, you need to comply with many regulations because you're managing multiple asset classes?

Hello mandibleclaw

Correct, most jurisdictions will require licenses in order to be compliant with regulation.  Jarvis already has a license in one jurisdiction and is working on licenses and/or partnerships in several other jurisdictions in order to remain compliant with the various requirements needed to service an extensive range of clients and products from around the world.

In what jurisdiction do you have a license? Also, as far as I understand, you will not have a cryptocurrency exchange in the usual sense, but more like a broker who can trade almost all existing assets and cryptocurrency?
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 09:00:02 AM

If I understood correctly now in two weeks JUSD will be generated and distributed and later second token which is Jarvis reward token is planned to be given to holders and supporters, am I right ? Also there is only hard cap mentioned which is $21m that mean there is no soft cap. How much has been raised so far ? I do think the number of raised funds should be high as exchange and business plan looks solid and has potential.
Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 11:46:36 AM

when you are talking about the "Fiat and payment gateway" Are you guys talking about the FIAT currencies from around the globe or only a handful ones lie USD and EURO?

Hello pynetx ,

Initially it will be USD, EUR and GBP. Over the time we will be adding more currencies to have a multi-currency and multi-asset offering.

Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 11:50:55 AM

If I understood correctly now in two weeks JUSD will be generated and distributed and later second token which is Jarvis reward token is planned to be given to holders and supporters, am I right ? Also there is only hard cap mentioned which is $21m that mean there is no soft cap. How much has been raised so far ? I do think the number of raised funds should be high as exchange and business plan looks solid and has potential.

Hello boopy265420 ,

No, JUSD will come at a very later stage; the JRT will be distributed first Smiley We did not setup a softcap as we are not just an idea; softcap is good when you only have a whitepaper, and need a very precise budget to develop your idea; if you do not reach the soft cap then you cannot do your project. On our side, we have already started few months ago the work, and raising below a theoretical softcap shouldn't stop us to keep working. So there is no softcap, the project will be launched and developped in any case scenario.

Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 11:57:36 AM

I read about the AI assisted will this be like a trading bot or will it have more features, exchange stocks to crypto this i want to see, its a bold move and i know its going to be complicated.

The AI will have several features.

Help navigation: you can write/say "BTC" and the AI will suggest you to go ro your BTC wallet, or send BTC, or display a BTC chart, or get price data, or the lastest info. You can be more specific saying "send 20 usd BTC", so you will directly go to the BTC wallet screen, already setup with 20usd worth of BTC to be sent.

Trading: the AI can analyze your trading record and suggest you some improvement. Or it can analyse your trading style, and understand what kind of opportunity you like.

Assist: it can prevent some mistake, like sending BTC to a wrong address, or an inactive address, etc.

The first implementation will be the navigation features.

Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 11:58:12 AM

Hello niklasmato

Yes, we have already acquired a license allowing us to deal with these assets.

Flosky

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:52:50 PM

Hi, Is there a minimum amount that needs to be raised for the project to be completed?
cevap

Activity: 490

www.Zercados.com

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:10:44 PM

I havent seen any other exchange giving you an option to buy stocks of regular companies and there are quite a lot of new exchanges out there. Was i just not thorough enough or are you actually the first crypto exchange to offer that?

mandibleclaw

Activity: 532
Merit: 50

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 06:02:48 PM

I havent seen any other exchange giving you an option to buy stocks of regular companies and there are quite a lot of new exchanges out there. Was i just not thorough enough or are you actually the first crypto exchange to offer that?
I think that they are the first ones! I don't understand how they will do it tough, they are going to buy stocks and they are going to just tokenize them? For some real assets such gold, there are already dedicated coins like DigixDAO and Ekon

aveon

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 06:05:57 PM

I think that they are the first ones! I don't understand how they will do it tough, they are going to buy stocks and they are going to just tokenize them? For some real assets such gold, there are already dedicated coins like DigixDAO and Ekon
If it's true, then this may result into non-crypto people wanting to invest in crypto, thus bullrun again. Yeah, I am too optimistic, but it's already high time for it.
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:31:01 PM

Will it be possible to connect my Jarvis account and trade via your interface also on other exchanges like Binance, Bittrex?

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
denam

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:41:10 PM

After long time saw something serious though there is trend in coming out with exchange based ICO whether most of them can deliver or not. I like the determination of team saying they started work on this business long before coming out with idea of fund raising. They want to complete this exchange doesn't matter how much money they see through this upcoming public funding campaign.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: