Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:29:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Organized crime in bounties...  (Read 1477 times)
cosmicart

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 01:57:22 AM

There are some things that are almost above our power, truth is this issue is leaving bounty hunters with a bad name, but the best thing I think is for legit hunters to keep doing their legit hunting jobs. Kyc is also a very good way to curb this scammers out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Trollinator (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 03:51:58 AM

Because bounty managers are not moderated, only tag from DT members is not enough,...

Let try to get a red trust with comment "Cheating bounty with alts account" and you will know what effect of work that DTs are doing.

so when theymos still doesn't want to control this, it still happens.

Actually, this name of forum is Bitcointalk, not Bountytalk. Even Altcoin section just appeared in few years ago. And Bounties is a child board of Altcoin section, it is as a sub-part of Bitcointalk forum. If theymos and his team decide to excute Bounties section, Bitcointalk will be still alive.
You sound like a scam account trying to stop the word from getting out!!
jack8989

Activity: 331
Merit: 10

StartFi

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 03:55:08 AM

Your solutions are not necessarily the best. I think that bounties are scammed by some people and managers do not want that. So the way to find a good and excellent project, we should look for the actual project. Projects can bring in revenue and produce products for everyone. That is a good project.

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
maligu

Activity: 333

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 03:56:08 AM

This is very scary, such as artificial intelligence robots? If this is the case, the forum may disappear a large number of users within one to two years. Such illegal actions should be rejected. This is frightening.

Real_Person

Activity: 140
Merit: 27

Smarter Contracts: "Quietly Making Noise"

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 03:57:40 AM

Scamming bounties has become a new source of income for organized groups of scammers. Groups with developers on their payroll are using software to create thousands of bots and...

I hope this was helpful...

This forum uses the sometimes ugly and horrible reCaptcha (reCAPTCHA: Easy on Humans, Hard on Bots - Google) for logins are you saying it is easy to beat?
karagun125

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 04:37:01 AM

Day by day hackers, scammers, and fraudulent people are going to take easy money, they do not make a hardwork but instead they will victimized people out of ignorance and that's what they wanted, to make money easy by scam. So guys, we should be aware at all times. And so we hope that fraudulent people gets banned automatically, and also the bounty that are scam should be reported and banned.
Omela44
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 04:56:11 AM

Thanks for the good advice. In the future, i will pay more attention to whether everything goes right on the bountie. Thought so far, the bountie manager pay more attention to this problems.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 04:59:00 AM

I agree with your observation especially on telegram bots. I also see similar patterns of bot accounts. The latest I observed are English and Russian nicknames with some made up username (e.g. sdfuinsdi). They just kept coming everyday. This is probably the reason why some campaign managers do not check them well because it is really time consuming.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 05:01:23 AM

The bounty sector is in shambles. Thousands of bounties ongoing right now and most of them are being managed by junior level members. There are members who manage dozens of bounties simultaneously and I don't think that these people have enough time available to screen out the scammers.
Trollinator (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 05:08:45 AM

That's why KYC implemented to see hoe cheaters can pass this requirement. I think their only targeting some projects without KYC, so I suggest bounty managers should not announced KYC at first then surprise them at the end when campaign is over to conduct KYC.
Yes, I agree!! Then we some teams start KYC after finding fraud, they use their fake accounts to complain and make it look like the real community doesn’t like KYC.
Rrtt

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 05:11:38 AM

Scamming bounties has become a new source of income for organized groups of scammers. Groups with developers on their payroll are using software to create thousands of bots and dumping them in airdrop bounty to collect 100’s of thousands of dollars in bounty tokens. Airdrops may not seem like much, but when you have 20K fake accounts receiving 10-20 tokens, it’s a huge payoff.
It would be good if you have evidence and share the link. We can't deny the fact that it indeed exist so i hope that this will be put to a stop.

To the admins
1. Check everyone who enters the bounty.
2. Updates stakes frequently so scammers know you are watching.
2. Don’t be lazy, put in the work...
The bounty administrator were being paid to do their job but sad to say that some of them were involve in this kind of scam because of greed.
Trollinator (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 05:12:48 AM

The bounty sector is in shambles. Thousands of bounties ongoing right now and most of them are being managed by junior level members. There are members who manage dozens of bounties simultaneously and I don't think that these people have enough time available to screen out the scammers.
BCT member rank has nothing to do with it. Just because someone started a BCT account recently doesn’t mean they don’t understand cryptos or marketing. I think no project should trust anyone controling their ANA, because the members who controls it can blackmail them by denying access. Put more thought into things...
Way2Paradise

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 05:32:21 AM

actually sad that something like this bountie participants noticed and the manager, however, do nothing. they are actually well paid to prevent such scam methods. perhaps the bountie operators should look the manager more on the finger. Wink
barnes13

Activity: 1274
Merit: 521

7enius - Your Cryptocurrency Marketing Consultant

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 05:38:45 AM

Yes, I think this situation is becoming more frequent. That's why many bounty campaigns must require participants to do KYC before receiving rewards.
In my opinion, actually the KYC system applied to bounty campaigns also has a big impact to reduce the risk of people who want to cheat like that.
tisumagic

Activity: 364

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 06:04:07 AM

There are some things that are almost above our power, truth is this issue is leaving bounty hunters with a bad name, but the best thing I think is for legit hunters to keep doing their legit hunting jobs. Kyc is also a very good way to curb this scammers out.
many projects turned out to be fraudsters, with them offering prizes with a large allocation for bounty hunters, and it turned out that in the end the project didn't pay for it. indeed in choosing a project we cannot determine which projects are truly responsible, because this year is very difficult

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Little_king
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 06:19:04 AM

It really gives me concern when I see many scammers in every spreadsheet I checked and funny involve the manger will award stake to them when it's clear that they are scam, which show that most of the manager are lazy or should we say they also know about it and maybe the culprit too, cos I have seen a group where a guy complain about duplicate account and the manager didn't do anything to it, it happen mostly in fb, two and Reddit even in signature , I think the scam btt account need to be reported to moderator here to get ban.

[ IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
http://ixinium.io/
Ch01ce0N3

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 06:31:22 AM
Merited by Serco (1)

It is easy to detect the fake entries but the campaign managers are lazy, or they don't want to do it. Because bounty managers are not moderated, only tag from DT members is not enough, so when theymos still doesn't want to control this, it still happens.
I don't think so because not all bounty managers are lazy to check every entry. I can also understand if they cannot carry out their duties at any time because you can imagine it yourself if there are many participants participating in the project even reaching up to 2000 people who participate and and this is only just at social media campaigns, not yet another campaign that still has to be calculated. So I think we must not judge, like saying that the bounty manager is all lazy, because that is not true.

The best step is if you find suspicious activity from someone, immediately report it to the bounty manager. Don't be afraid that you will be ignored. It's better if you try to report it instead of allowing cheating people to get the token reward. I believe that there are still many bounty managers who are professional and responsive to things like this.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
canaveralnonie

Activity: 518
Merit: 111

Dota2

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 06:39:06 AM

It is easy to detect the fake entries but the campaign managers are lazy, or they don't want to do it. Because bounty managers are not moderated, only tag from DT members is not enough, so when theymos still doesn't want to control this, it still happens.
I don't think so because not all bounty managers are lazy to check every entry. I can also understand if they cannot carry out their duties at any time because you can imagine it yourself if there are many participants participating in the project even reaching up to 2000 people who participate and and this is only just at social media campaigns, not yet another campaign that still has to be calculated. So I think we must not judge, like saying that the bounty manager is all lazy, because that is not true.

The best step is if you find suspicious activity from someone, immediately report it to the bounty manager. Don't be afraid that you will be ignored. It's better if you try to report it instead of allowing cheating people to get the token reward. I believe that there are still many bounty managers who are professional and responsive to things like this.
That's why I don't join on those campaign with a low rank campaign manager or even a copper member with a low rank. I usually join on campaign with at least senior rank btt account. And Yes, sometimes the bounty manager or the campaign manager is also a victim for such a long period of time. This crypto community is composed of different kind of mind ( people ) but always keep on your mind that more of us want money and money and money than a project.
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 06:40:19 AM

Really? wake up your dreaming!! not worth the effort the rewards are far too low for any self-respecting Boss to waste his time on a few dollars for 2 months work.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
canaveralnonie

Activity: 518
Merit: 111

Dota2

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 06:49:27 AM

Really? wake up your dreaming!! not worth the effort the rewards are far too low for any self-respecting Boss to waste his time on a few dollars for 2 months work.
Can you quote up who are you waking for that post? Such a cut comment of yours, and of course, all of the bounty hunters are very upset and disappointed on a few dollars only. But it does not mean we need to stop doing bounty hunting, as I can see on yourself ( your account ) that you are continue to wear avatar and signature from a crypto project. That's why the author do this thread to encourage all of us to report those shady works of others, such a dirty people who want to take advantage of others. We need to do an alternative solution on this issue.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: