Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:34:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 298 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [HVC] Heavycoin - Ultra-secure, Decentralized Block Reward Voting, Fast  (Read 542196 times)
Parano

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:11:00 AM

which exchange is better to trade heavycoin:

atomic-trade.com
cryptoaltex.com
or c-cex.com

They all seems very new and I am concerned about security as there have been quite a few exchanges hacked, please can you tell me how can trust these exchanges, how can they prevent from being hacked, what warranty cant they give me?

How did they manage to hacked exchanges, and how do I know it will not happen to the exchanges listed above?

Please I will appreciate your advice, thanks

Hello Parano,

I am the owner of CryptoALTeX.  I've recently (a few pages back) had a discussion about security with the owner of atomic-trade.  I would feel comfortable using either of our platforms.  I have heard numerous reports that c-cex has been having issues.

I would never leave my currency on an exchange, even on my own.  Why do I say that?  Because I work in the information security field and I see major business getting hacked daily.  That said I force more security than a lot of exchanges because I feel that this is what the crypto world needs right now.  Even one user who has their account hacked is bad for the community, the attacker will dump all your coins thus hurting the prices and wallets of everyone in the community.  

I require 2 factor logon because, why not?  Why not protect the users who refuse to use a unique secure password for each site.  Why send a withdraw to someone unverified besides username and password?  What if a user forgot to lock their computer and someone who knows they are doing coins walks up to it and withdrawals to their own address?  Sure they could possibly access the persons email as well but with smart phones etc users will receive the email and at least have a chance to click Deny on the transaction via the email link.

I hope the community realizes that the security measures taken are protect their investment and help to remove bad press articles about people losing coins.  Just yesterday I know of at least three exchanges that dont force 2-factor or email authentication for withdrawals that have had user funds stolen.  Someone hacked a pool website or there is a malicious pool out there that had their usernames/passwords stolen.  The attacker went to each exchange with a list of usernames and began draining their accounts.  There was even a user who said he was logged into coinex while seeing his coins selling and withdrawing, and he couldn't stop it from happening.  A simple email required to withdrawal would have made this user lose 0 funds.

I believe it is irresponsible and greedy for the big exchanges to not put these features in.  Sure it may turn off a few users from using their site but at what expense to our community?

If you look back a few pages you will see cryptoaltex and atomic-trade's information about security.  Not sure where you'll find c-cex's.

Thanks and I hope you have a good experience on whatever exchange you decide using.

Chiznitz CEO
CryptoALTeX, LLC www.cryptoaltex.com

Many thanks for your email.

Please can you tell me where in your exchange explain what security do you have in place, cold wallets, cloudflare, firewalls etc

Also I reset my password and is asking to enter my email and username, what if I forget my usermame?? does it mean I will not be able to log in again and lose everything.

I'll be adding more about the security practices to the site.  Coins are moved to cold storage, the front end interface has absolutely no interaction or ability to interact with the coin daemons directly.  Everything you do on the site goes into pending tables until the engine grabs it and audits it before placing it into the actual trades, withdraw, etc.   We are behind cloudflare and their waf appliance, we have had penetration testing done and continue to practice secure coding and server hardening procedures.

I can get more later Smiley

Rest assured that if you remember the email or username you provided we can find a way to get you back into your account, you will need to answer additional questions before I provide you with access for security purposes. 

if you don't explain that in your exchange hardly anyone will register as security is number one priority for us the users.  In the other two exchanges for heavycoin I don't see that either.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
D05GTO

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:26:46 AM

Atomic-Trade is the most secure exchange PERIOD.  They have to be as a verified registered FINCEN MSB.

This a 3rd party audit.

http://atds.blob.core.windows.net/temp/sr.jpg

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
VanBreuk

Activity: 460

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:29:18 AM

Atomic-Trade is the most secure exchange PERIOD.  They have to be as a verified registered FINCEN MSB.

This a 3rd party audit.

You may want to add the : after the https in your referral signature link.
chiznitz

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 12:48:20 AM

Atomic-Trade is the most secure exchange PERIOD.  They have to be as a verified registered FINCEN MSB.

This a 3rd party audit.

How does that make them the most secure?  I've had an external audit as well but posting results of a vulnerability scanner mean absolutely nothing.

Please keep posts fair and don't spread ideas etc that you cannot prove.

Target met way more requirements than atomic-trade did and they were still breached, is atomic-trade more secure than RSA? They are huge security company and they were breached as well.

I understand you like atomic and I agree they have great security practices but please don't make unprovable comments.

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
D05GTO

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:53:17 AM

Atomic-Trade is the most secure exchange PERIOD.  They have to be as a verified registered FINCEN MSB.

This a 3rd party audit.

You may want to add the : after the https in your referral signature link.

Thanks for the info Cheesy  Owe ya one.  Come see me on AT sometime.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
D05GTO

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:00:50 AM

This a 3rd party audit.

How does that make them the most secure?  I've had an external audit as well but posting results of a vulnerability scanner mean absolutely nothing.

Please keep posts fair and don't spread ideas etc that you cannot prove.

Target met way more requirements than atomic-trade did and they were still breached, is atomic-trade more secure than RSA? They are huge security company and they were breached as well.

I understand you like atomic and I agree they have great security practices but please don't make unprovable comments.

Please look here and take notice.  This is how an exchange should be ran .. https://www.atomic-trade.com/about  I can see AT's Business license. address and name of the guy running it.  Oh.. to have a FINCEN you have to be bonded in every state.    That's a serious commitment.. not just throwing some code on the net.

To be fair, I have used all the other exchanges at one time or the other. I don't own/run/work for Atomic-Trade... just a user that appreciates the level of commitment and honesty of the owner.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Velocd

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:16:48 AM

"Finished with the implementation... testing now!  We will be in contact with you via PM when it's ready!  Not too long now we hope." - keccak512

http://heavy.stablehash.com/
Get ready guys!

I guess that all the pools have similar status.

Quote from: heavycoinpool.com
WE HAVE THE CODE IN HAND. WEBSITE REGISTRATION IS DISABLED WHILE WE TEST THE CODE AND PORT THE DATABASE!

What's being tested? GPU mining or something like that?
chiznitz

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 01:20:43 AM

You still haven't posted anything that proves they are more secure than anyone else.  Sure its a big commitment but they HAVE to do that considering they offer USD.  If I were to offer USD I would go through all the paper work, etc that is needed.

As previously mentioned my business registration has just gone through and you can expect to see the information listed on the site when I have all required documents.

Code wasn't just slapped up on the internet, stop insulting peoples hard work. If you want to have a real security talk come visit me on IRC and I will grab some of my coherts to join us.    

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
toadrw

Activity: 35

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:20:49 AM

How secure are you? wheres the company info page? are you a legal entity?

All I see is a site that was thrown up a while back and and puts liability onto the users.

There is no form of protection for a user when you have 0 company info listed, you could gox people easy you could have what happened to poloniex. Show your accountability and maybe I would trade over there otherwise  your site is just a giant gamble, and while I am sure seedy people may use it based on the lack on info needed to to transfer USD.

So you may have it but I think you just cater to money launders.

We have many traders trading lots of coins. We are here to stay becase we earn much more on trading fee - not by stealing Your funds.

You've been around since January and you've already had 310 BTC "stolen" from your exchange.  Transparency is all people are asking for which you are unwilling to provide.  If anyone puts any coins on your exchange they are asking for trouble.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=485029.0
truckythin

Activity: 781
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:25:32 AM

the f**king exchange just get out, the bastard.
bumskee

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:35:38 AM

https://i.imgur.com/f3PHdc9.png Heavycoin logo design
loicatraile

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:48:18 AM

https://i.imgur.com/f3PHdc9.png Heavycoin logo design

sorry mate.. that logo doesn´t look so good for me :/ maybe something else.. good luck
trinsic

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:54:40 AM

What's being tested? GPU mining or something like that?
Stratum
lechango

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:38:27 AM

I'm excited about the future of this coin and think it will do well. For those who do not have a lot of CPU power laying around, I suggest signing up for the free trial at windowsazure.com from here you can make two 8 core virtual machines and one 4 core VM. The trial allows for $200 in credit which looks like about a week of free mining on 20 cores. I'm getting about 250kh/s combined from these 3 VMs running on the 1gh.com pool
Robert Lewandowski

Activity: 420

Bayern

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:27:50 AM

I'm excited about the future of this coin and think it will do well. For those who do not have a lot of CPU power laying around, I suggest signing up for the free trial at windowsazure.com from here you can make two 8 core virtual machines and one 4 core VM. The trial allows for $200 in credit which looks like about a week of free mining on 20 cores. I'm getting about 250kh/s combined from these 3 VMs running on the 1gh.com pool

Great suggestion thanks!
Vorfeed

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:27:56 AM

We need this coin on a better exchange, Atomic-Trade keeps on crashing Sad

Its not a crash, its a DDOS attack. (AKA someone does not like  AT)

Blakecoin: BWhkGsXG6J1NyLtka1gtwu97eFwmcVvWFr
Vorfeed

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:34:51 AM

We need this coin on a better exchange, Atomic-Trade keeps on crashing Sad

Have you tried www.cryptoaltex.com ?   I hope by better exchanges you just mean more traffic/users as we haven't had any issues with our exchange or customer complaints.

Not sure whats going on @ atomic but give them a chance as well, they seem very legit.

Atomic-Trade has been getting hit with massive DDOS attacks over the last few days.

Vorfeed

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:46:07 AM

Please look here and take notice.  This is how an exchange should be ran .. https://www.atomic-trade.com/about  I can see AT's Business license. address and name of the guy running it.  Oh.. to have a FINCEN you have to be bonded in every state.    That's a serious commitment.. not just throwing some code on the net.

To be fair, I have used all the other exchanges at one time or the other. I don't own/run/work for Atomic-Trade... just a user that appreciates the level of commitment and honesty of the owner.

www.atomic-trade.com uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown

You don't know anything your talking about, the SSL cert is valid

Sharky444

Activity: 724

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:48:19 AM

If you have invested in the IPO, and sell at current prices, you will actually loose about 30% of your investment.

Radix - just imagine
eightspaces

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:54:47 AM

If you have invested in the IPO, and sell at current prices, you will actually loose about 30% of your investment.

Wrong, IPO price was about 0.00003477051, current lowest sell price for more than 100 coins on cryptoaltex is 0.00003998 (about 14% higher than the IPO).

Furthermore theres massive hash power being put on the coin, hence the price will adjust. not many are selling at this price.

However the current price is a VERY GOOD thing because the price should be similar to the IPO so anyone can get in for a fair distribution which is exactly what we have right now. It would be strange if the price was extremely higher than the IPO few days after launch Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 298 »
  Print  

Jump to: