Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:31:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think altcoins will be used for in the future.  (Read 21884 times)
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 12:27:02 AM

I feel alts will be used for niche purposes in the future or also for use as payments. I personally own a small amount of alts for quicker transactions in times when the BTC mempool's clogged or fees are unusually high, and I know there are specialized alts out there that focus on one major subject, like Wagerr and gambling, and also Ethereum for its aforementioned smart contracts. BTC's used often for payments as it's the most established and well-known cryptocurrency there is out there, but future innovations to crypto payments could cause another coin to be better suited for transactions.
bayu7adi

Activity: 1428
Merit: 545

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 02:33:28 AM

Do you still need new coins from the current Altcoin? basically everything is the same, namely to transact between two or more individuals, by using the internet to speed up transactions and also reduce transaction costs.
No need for many coins to be born, all we need is how cryptocurrency can begin to be used to make payments easier and safer
kynaz

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 02:54:43 AM

Altcoins are occupy the major position in future because 21 million Bitcoin only mineble so automatically demand will increase in future.  But peoples are move to another platform and this reached entire world at the same time few promising altcoins only survive in future because most are died in upcoming years.
I agree with you . Up to 90% of ICON projects using the ETH platform will be discarded as this is where the most scam projects appear. In the future, I believe that only the coin that really has a good development can survive because everything in this market is always very fierce competition at this time.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
NordBoeeren (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 01:04:03 AM

If you don't see the future in alts, then it's worthless being in this space at all. It's a given that a lot of alts are worthless and won't serve any major uses. But you also need to understand that there are alt projects with use cases and real world application. There's a lot more useful alts than gambling and e-betting

I'm in to altcoins for the purpose of making money,same as 99-9% of everyone else in crypto. I just wanted a discussion about what people  think they can/will be used for in the end. I don't believe for a second that Logis coin (LGS) at some point will be used will be used for payment or tracking of ordered goods , or that medic coin will be used for paying your hospital bills or that rupaya (RUPX) will take over banking services in Asia and I quote; because many places in Asia don't have a stable internet connection or electricity. Just to point out the problem with RUPX dream of taking over for the banks, why in goods name would it be any easier to buy a altcoin and send that to someone then it would be paying for something in FIAT or with a credit/debit card if you don't even have electricity.
But just because I don't believe in the in the hypes/hopes and dreams of these coins, it don't mean that I don't see a potential in trading them.
And I have no doubt that blockchain technology will be used for something useful in the future, I'm just not sure it will be any of the things we see every ICO's claim they have the answer to.
NordBoeeren (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 01:07:39 AM

Do you still need new coins from the current Altcoin? basically everything is the same, namely to transact between two or more individuals, by using the internet to speed up transactions and also reduce transaction costs.
No need for many coins to be born, all we need is how cryptocurrency can begin to be used to make payments easier and safer

The problem with that is, if I was to pay for something with a altcoin, I  would want to be damn sure that it will not be worth a 1000% more next week. So we need a low or stable value coin.   
NordBoeeren (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 01:13:33 AM

The only place I think altcoins has a future in is gambling, normal gambling but first and foremost e-betting.I can not see how it will take over  from normal currency's in the world of buying or selling any other goods then btc. The main reason I think this is that nobody wants to be that guy that bought two pizzas for 10000 btc 5 years from now, so i cant really see what else it has a real future in. But that is only my opinion, What do you guys think?

I would love to be that guy who bought those pizzas. Because you can bet your bottom dollar that he had plenty more bitcoin than just those 10,000 and he's now sitting very pretty in life. Who cares about buying a ridiculously overpriced pizza when you've got more money than you'll ever need.

haha, you are probably right Smiley
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 01:57:46 AM

I feel alts will be used for niche purposes in the future or also for use as payments. I personally own a small amount of alts for quicker transactions in times when the BTC mempool's clogged or fees are unusually high, and I know there are specialized alts out there that focus on one major subject, like Wagerr and gambling, and also Ethereum for its aforementioned smart contracts. BTC's used often for payments as it's the most established and well-known cryptocurrency there is out there, but future innovations to crypto payments could cause another coin to be better suited for transactions.
we know that many altcoins are coming up with ideas and innovations that focus on just one thing, such as transaction speed, coins for games and so on. of course altcoin will have its own community and loyal users, I also use altcoin for certain transactions because more faster, we will continue to see altcoin used for various needs
DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 02:36:57 PM

In most cases or from what I observed, altcoins are being used as a reward for gaming, betting and or a medium of payment by large companies where you can get their product at a discounted price using a particular altcoin. Their purpose? They are always a substitute for Bitcoin where in the end, they will still be traded to bitcoin. In short, these altcoins are being used to multiply the number of your bitcoin at a short period of time but ofcourse, you have to be a smart trader. Unfortunately, some of the altcoins are just a garbage and created without a sole purpose.
Panchum

Activity: 378
Merit: 55

Be Good to me!

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 03:22:33 PM

The only place I think altcoins has a future in is gambling, normal gambling but first and foremost e-betting.I can not see how it will take over  from normal currency's in the world of buying or selling any other goods then btc. The main reason I think this is that nobody wants to be that guy that bought two pizzas for 10000 btc 5 years from now, so i cant really see what else it has a real future in. But that is only my opinion, What do you guys think?

Yes altcoins will be useful in the future because altcoins is useful now  for trafing to have profit.and its the easiest way to earn money now.Just monitor anf learn how to do it.
cfif123

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 07:36:16 PM

Yes altcoins will be useful in the future because altcoins is useful now  for trafing to have profit.and its the easiest way to earn money now.Just monitor anf learn how to do it.
it's true the problem now is that many people see altcoin having a bright future, so someday altcoin is very useful in the future like bitcoin. and most importantly, we must always deepen the knowledge of the crypto world
ushivanka92

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 07:39:11 PM

lite coin will go 98%
NordBoeeren (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 08:51:31 PM

hehe, yea, that's what I use altcoins for, trading. But I meant payment wise and if any of them will actually live up to what the ICO claim they will do. all this ridiculous ICO's that are popping up every day will not bbe good for the reputation of crypto in the long run   
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 09:45:30 PM

We have already been used altcoins as of now and have a better profit in trading, altcoins is an alt of Bitcoin that we can be used in trading.
Those altcoins are having a different function in blockchain technology which there is having good development coins and also there are shitcoin that probably un-develop or abandon. Yes, it can be useful but it is a case to case basis it depends on which altcoins will be useful now and in the future.
sclmte

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 11:09:21 PM

yes altcoin is also available for the future but not right now. we know what is happening in cryptocurrency this year and not all altcoin is useless or worth, it is only occasionally we are lying down. but both are also important like bitcoin. but when I choose a bitcoin of course for gambling, betting, and trading great opportunities because you get lots of profits here in bitcoin and altcoin, I do not mean altcoin is worth the same both. but I'm really soft on bitcoin. and if I needed to use altcoin so why not. They are both close and available for the future.
Dimon8

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 11:18:52 AM

I think that the Altcoins will exist while they can be earned. New Altcoins will appear to do pamp and if they do not have a product, die.
hermankoles

Activity: 275
Merit: 1

https://customcontract.network

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 11:34:58 AM

gambling is often the goal of someone who enters crypto without good management but dreams big to get instant profit.
crypto already has a pretty good value in the community not like it used to when buying a piece of pizza at a high price of BTC, where we can now buy laptops, VGA, computer accessories and many other items with crypto. in a few years I am optimistic that crypto values will become more popular and can be integrated with many goods in the real world to provide competitors with fiat

✮✮❯✮❯✮❯ CCN-CUSTOMCONTRACT.NETWORK ❮✮❮✮❮✮❮✮✮   (https://customcontract.network//)
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 11:38:05 AM

I think that altcoin can be used in a variety of financial systems. Not only gambling games, Altcoin can be used in conducting other financial transactions such as buying goods and even buying services on the internet such as hosting and video games. Altcoin is the same as Bitcoin, although the coverage of Bitcoin is very wide, but Altcoin also has the same opportunity to become a competitive financial system.
Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 02:24:04 PM

With over 1K number of altcoins in exchanges, I don't expect that it could be usable in the future. Even the top listed coin has no assurance to be used in the future. However, if there us a development for altcoin or cryptocurrencies, then its pretty good to invest with them because it may be utilized by people soon.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 04:31:28 PM

Isn't gambling is not a good idea to become an alternative way for us to earn here in this business? when we turn into this form of gambling or e-betting this might lead us into a situation where our capital will be loss in the end. Though, in the future few altcoins will remain in the market and those few for me was Ethereum, Neo, Nem, stellar, Ada, Bch, Xrp and more.
larkinvain

Activity: 1120
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 05:35:09 PM

Altcoins has a bright future there is no doubt people love to earn money by investing in altcoins whatever the source is it doesn't pay any attention. Altcoins are preferable for short-term investment as they can use altcoin for trading which is really helpful to earn quick money and it is really profitable.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: