Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:16:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think altcoins will be used for in the future.  (Read 21884 times)
zaarariba

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 11:25:01 AM

I think gambling isn’t always a good idea, it’s anyway smth like addition, no more

And what substitution to it can you suggest?

Maybe investing in high-value assets, it can be even collectable car market

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
werokez

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 11:28:39 AM

I think gambling isn’t always a good idea, it’s anyway smth like addition, no more

Really? It’s smth new
zaarariba

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 11:31:49 AM

Really? It’s smth new

Yes, relatively. But this sphere has great prospects, in my opinion of course
werokez

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 11:34:30 AM

Really? It’s smth new

And what progress in this sphere do you see?
zaarariba

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 11:37:20 AM

Really? It’s smth new

It develops very rapidly. Do you know Curio Invest? They are going to make  world’s first Car Security token Offering STO to trade collectible car assets and put collectible assets once being not popular on the next level among trading industry
werokez

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 11:57:33 AM

Really? It’s smth new

It develops very rapidly. Do you know Curio Invest? They are going to make  world’s first Car Security token Offering STO to trade collectible car assets and put collectible assets once being not popular on the next level among trading industry
Wow, can you share a link on their site? I want to read more on this
zaarariba

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 12:01:50 PM

Really? It’s smth new

Wow, can you share a link on their site? I want to read more on this
Here you go: https://www.curioinvest.com
carodupuis

Activity: 382
Merit: 100

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 09:43:44 AM

Asking these questions are of no use. When a cryptocurrency is released, those running the crypto (the devs) will give information on everything about the coin. Every alt coin has its own purpose and they are all working towards that particular purpose and nothing else. Litecoin has its purpose why it was released in the crypto world and that is to be a faster means of making transaction, a method that should be faster than Bitcoin. Then Ethereum is the smart contract… And they all continues. So if you want to know the purpose for which any altcoins was created, then you should go and read about them.
BuxCoin

Activity: 698
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 09:55:16 AM

The only place I think altcoins has a future in is gambling, normal gambling but first and foremost e-betting.I can not see how it will take over  from normal currency's in the world of buying or selling any other goods then btc. The main reason I think this is that nobody wants to be that guy that bought two pizzas for 10000 btc 5 years from now, so i cant really see what else it has a real future in. But that is only my opinion, What do you guys think?
yes altcoins are used for gambling nowadays i think eventually it will be used for many used case but i dont think it will be used now it may take many more case , knowing about crypto and usage will be slow process
elewton

Activity: 407
Merit: 100

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 10:49:09 AM

Altcoins are considered future of cryptocurrencies and they might have a valuable role to perform in the years to come. Just remember that bitcoin and altcoins are designed to function as an exchange medium but many of them has also different features that distinguishes from other. Ethereum is still the leading application-maker while xrp is used mostly in remittance or transfer of fund because the transaction fees are cheaper than bitcoin.
XRP is still a coin to be used by many options because of its low cost and fast speed are the main reasons many people use during the past time. I think Ripple will greatly affect our daily lives and should keep some of these coins because the potential of XRP is still great. I believe that someday my country can accept this coin for payment and if that happens ripple will soon be accepted by everyone.

superstarbtc

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 11:15:32 AM

The only place I think altcoins has a future in is gambling, normal gambling but first and foremost e-betting.I can not see how it will take over  from normal currency's in the world of buying or selling any other goods then btc. The main reason I think this is that nobody wants to be that guy that bought two pizzas for 10000 btc 5 years from now, so i cant really see what else it has a real future in. But that is only my opinion, What do you guys think?
yes altcoins are used for gambling nowadays i think eventually it will be used for many used case but i dont think it will be used now it may take many more case , knowing about crypto and usage will be slow process

Not only in gambling in many ways, we are using the cryptocurrency but in the coming many companies will start accepting the cryptocurrency as one of the payment options for the payments. Already many major companies started rolling their own cryptocurrency which we are going to see some huge growth in the coming days.
henmark

Activity: 783
Merit: 270

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 07:30:39 AM

If there is an altcoin that is more environmentally friendly than Bitcoin, has all the functionalities of Bitcoin and is faster than Bitcoin as in the transactions settle in 8 seconds compared to Bitcoin's 10 minute block time, then I see tremendous use for the altcoin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Digital Gem Token - Mainnet 100% Live

A decentralized open source store of value cryptocurrency that is more environmentally friendly and scale able than Bitcoin.

The inflation rate is 0.25% per year and uses the Delegated Proof of Stake consensus mechanism.

Block Explorer: http://www.explorer.digitalgemtoken.com:4200/#/
Wallet: Integrated with the Ark.io Wallet
Discord: https://discord.gg/hNcFgb3
Bitcointalk ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5149229.msg51287198#msg51287198
The mistake many of you people that are promoting some of these project do make is first to try and use the project to belittle Bitcoin, and the moment you do that, you have already made a Bitcoin believer lost interest.

When I saw this project you shilled, I was about checking it out but got discourage immediately you said it is better than Bitcoin. You see a good project does not really need to speak too much, let their product and action speak for them, if the project is really good, then wait for it to battle with Bitcoin as you say, because to me, I have still not seen any system developed that can ever be better than  Bitcoin.
Jamjamz30

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 03:45:29 PM

Gambling and buying drugs on the darkweb, but i think the drug dealers mostly want btc, haha Tongue

Lol, it is because that altcoins is open for illegal and legal activity you will promptly use it for bad purposes, of course not!
Perhaps, there are some altcoins now that are good use in the future just like for Ethereum, Loyalcoin where you can use to pay at petron gasoline station, also use for some airlines company and last but not the least can also use for payment in some affiliated outlet of Mcdo in Taiwan, and some altcoin are connected too for remittances.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 11:52:39 PM

Fot now most of the store accepting bitcoin because it is popular and it is the main coin of all coins in cryptocurrency.
Altcoins will also popular but not just like bitcoin but you can see for sure a lot of store also accepting altcoins like ethereum the moat potential coin for now. But bitcoin is different because even it did not popular because they have pizza store who accepting bitcoin and fot sure the guy who use his bitcoin are losing more opportunity.Let's wait for the altcoins to grow more maybe it is not their time but surely in the future will the altcoins have many uses but for now they use usually in gambling and for the others.
kynaz

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 02:59:38 AM

Altcoins are considered future of cryptocurrencies and they might have a valuable role to perform in the years to come. Just remember that bitcoin and altcoins are designed to function as an exchange medium but many of them has also different features that distinguishes from other. Ethereum is still the leading application-maker while xrp is used mostly in remittance or transfer of fund because the transaction fees are cheaper than bitcoin.
XRP is still a coin to be used by many options because of its low cost and fast speed are the main reasons many people use during the past time. I think Ripple will greatly affect our daily lives and should keep some of these coins because the potential of XRP is still great. I believe that someday my country can accept this coin for payment and if that happens ripple will soon be accepted by everyone.
That doesn't help much in our daily lives because in fact people are only interested in Ripple technology and there is no great concern for the value of the current XRP. I think this coin will be very difficult to raise in the near future because most of the big investors have sold all these coins and certainly only small investors like us can hold so don't  expect too much on the growth of XRP

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 03:22:20 AM

To be honest, I don't know what will happen, but for sure what thing is happening, it is developing.

Cryptocurrencies are not just a bunch of investment or coins that you decide to be in or not, they have their reasons and that is how they gather their investors. Time advances, technology is too and also the improvement of these cryptos. That is the reason they might be used in the future and Blockchain technology is so part of that whole too.
novaprime

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

UniDApp - it's DeFi time!

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 10:09:21 AM

To be honest, I don't know what will happen, but for sure what thing is happening, it is developing.

Cryptocurrencies are not just a bunch of investment or coins that you decide to be in or not, they have their reasons and that is how they gather their investors. Time advances, technology is too and also the improvement of these cryptos. That is the reason they might be used in the future and Blockchain technology is so part of that whole too.
Blockchain technology contributes a lot to everyone's interests and the future of this market will have huge growth in the next few years so altcoin will also have a chance to be used more. At this point altcoin does not have a large price increase but in terms of technology, many good projects are at the best stage of development so I believe that one day every altcoin can build useful technology for our daily life

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Marnihughes82

Activity: 363
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 02:47:17 PM

I think the future of altcoin can be used like cash, now it can be volatile, but later I think it will gradually become stable. And more importantly, it is the technology that will be applied. into payment, transactions ...
Genamant

Activity: 730
Merit: 102

Trphy.io

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 03:15:39 PM

The only place I think altcoins has a future in is gambling, normal gambling but first and foremost e-betting.
I hope you are aware that except for BTC and its forks remaining digital currencies in the crypto market are called ''altcoin''.
I also know that 80% of them are useless and there are dozens of unnecessary altcoins related to one specialization. But we cannot say unnecessary to what is necessary due to useless ones and using of their necessary ones in the future will make our life easier.

100% best befitting response to this topic! On point.
there are many shit altcoins out there it is given but there are few who have legit use cases surely will make it to the future.

Lanatsa

Activity: 2828
Merit: 650

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 04:41:55 PM

The only place I think altcoins has a future in is gambling, normal gambling but first and foremost e-betting.
I hope you are aware that except for BTC and its forks remaining digital currencies in the crypto market are called ''altcoin''.
I also know that 80% of them are useless and there are dozens of unnecessary altcoins related to one specialization. But we cannot say unnecessary to what is necessary due to useless ones and using of their necessary ones in the future will make our life easier.

100% best befitting response to this topic! On point.
there are many shit altcoins out there it is given but there are few who have legit use cases surely will make it to the future.
BTC= Decentralized
ETH=Smart Contracts
XRP= Centralized one (hate to admit but this one will go for long).

No one can predict the future but their features are useful enough to be adopted.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████