Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:35:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL'ers lose. That is no surprise  (Read 3793 times)
Hustinog

Activity: 191
Merit: 32

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 11:20:49 PM

Who said HODLERS lose? Well it is up to you. It is situational. If you just hold and not sell, youll lose what? If you are not going to sell what in your hand, youll lose nothing. You will lose if the price of the coin was lower than your investment. Youll just lose if you sell it that time. Think about it

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gibreil

Activity: 805
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2018, 11:37:37 PM

"I told you so" comes to mind.

I warned everyone in here again and again in the beginning of 2018.

Get out of Bitcoin as fast as you can to limit your losses.

Everytime so-called "experts" and "investors" in here said to HODL. Bitcoin would soon go to the moon.

Only the most blind and stupid still believe Bitcoin will ever recover.

The sooner you get out, the smaller your loss. If you wait, you can be sure the loss will be even bigger.

Blockchain technology has a great future, but cryptocurrencies - any crypto -  are a dead end.
It is normal to lose in trading but losing much of our capital is not normal. We need to take a risk in this industry specially nowadays that the market is full of red. I tend to quit but I want to fulfill my dreams. And I see it in cryptocurrency. Don't say it will be the dead end because everything just got started. Imagine, SEC and biggest companies are already join the growing industry of crypto. Few more years, it will be legalized.

▀   ▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄          E X C H A S E   |   S I G N    U P          ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀   ▀
▄▄▄▄▄                 All-in-One FinTech Ecosystem                 ▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄     [   FACEBOOK   ] [    TWITTER    ] [   TELEGRAM   ]     ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
Captain Sneeze

Activity: 351
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 12:47:37 AM

Everytime so-called "experts" and "investors" in here said to HODL. Bitcoin would soon go to the moon.

The sooner you get out, the smaller your loss. If you wait, you can be sure the loss will be even bigger.

Blockchain technology has a great future, but cryptocurrencies - any crypto -  are a dead end.
Dont you think that losing is a part of investing? We are not blind to see that bitcoin can still recover. Holders are still believing in bitcoin unlike you who give up just because of losing. Well its your choice , you may regret it soon.
MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 03:18:53 AM

That is because the masses started to say "HODL" when the prices were extremely expensive, when bitcoin was higher than $10,000

That is a shame, and i am sorry for all those that bought higher than those ranges, but what are we going to do? just hold.

There is no reason to sell at a 50%, 80% loss from what you bought

That is the truth

Hello
btc-room101

Activity: 182
Merit: 30

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 03:26:46 AM

That is because the masses started to say "HODL" when the prices were extremely expensive, when bitcoin was higher than $10,000

That is a shame, and i am sorry for all those that bought higher than those ranges, but what are we going to do? just hold.

That is the truth

There are two principal schools here,

1.) old-skool, we got our btc for free 2009->2013, I concur if you don't care about money, there is no point to sell, HODL on until you die, ... Smiley

2.) new-skool, post 2014 get rich quick criminal types, and exchanges, ... came to bitcoin and pumped&dumped and in 2017 it went to the moon, since these newbs ONLY cared about money, and they didn't have any money, well they bought BTC on credit card, since their game was to make money HODL is the worst possible decision they could have made,

Old skool types were employed scientists and such, had a good job, and are not motivated to 'speculate'

The new skool types are largely uneducated morons, and they were speculators, and they should have followed the tried and true basis of speculation which is ...

1.) buy-low, sell-high
2.) cut your losses ( avoid gamblers ruin problem )
3.) let your profits run, but always take your profits, always remove money from the table before you go to sleep

HODL is the worst thing you can tell a moron to do, sadly it goes both ways the majority criminals that now control and operate bitcoin, know exactly what they're doing by telling morons to BUY&HOLD

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 04:00:19 AM
Last edit: December 02, 2018, 04:12:17 AM by KingScorpio

That is the truth

There are two principal schools here,

1.) old-skool, we got our btc for free 2009->2013, I concur if you don't care about money, there is no point to sell, HODL on until you die, ... Smiley

2.) new-skool, post 2014 get rich quick criminal types, and exchanges, ... came to bitcoin and pumped&dumped and in 2017 it went to the moon, since these newbs ONLY cared about money, and they didn't have any money, well they bought BTC on credit card, since their game was to make money HODL is the worst possible decision they could have made,

Old skool types were employed scientists and such, had a good job, and are not motivated to 'speculate'

The new skool types are largely uneducated morons, and they were speculators, and they should have followed the tried and true basis of speculation which is ...

1.) buy-low, sell-high
2.) cut your losses ( avoid gamblers ruin problem )
3.) let your profits run, but always take your profits, always remove money from the table before you go to sleep

HODL is the worst thing you can tell a moron to do, sadly it goes both ways the majority criminals that now control and operate bitcoin, know exactly what they're doing by telling morons to BUY&HOLD

people hold money because money is being distributed by a capitalist that builds something, they support capitalists like state bankers because they do investments into good things.

Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 04:07:29 AM

It is not necessary to talking about holding no need every situation time. Actually holding of course needed every time ,when Bitcoin market goes to big down.if we will get more profitable cross simple task then of course holding need.many people have believe Bitcoin market will rais again but actually need some/more time.
Savantor

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 05:22:52 AM

Lol.
btc-room101

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 05:32:29 AM

It is not necessary to talking about holding no need every situation time. Actually holding of course needed every time ,when Bitcoin market goes to big down.if we will get more profitable cross simple task then of course holding need.many people have believe Bitcoin market will rais again but actually need some/more time.

Authentic frontier jibberish, ... blazing saddles ...

HODL cuz misery loves company
yowelfree

Activity: 94
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 05:42:53 AM

Holding in bitcoin is good.  Patience is required in business for success. Hodlers loose only when they run out of patience.

▂▃▅▆ BOLTON Coin (BFCL) ▆▅▃▂
▬ The Challenge that makes your dreams come true ▬
֍ ֍ [https://bfclcoin.com/]֍ ֍
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 05:48:35 AM

HODLers lose? I don't know. But as far as my experience is concerned, that is quite the opposite. When I entered in the world of cryptocurrency, I was just like every newbie. I was naive. I was easily emotional. I looked and checked on my portfolio almost every minute of the day. And the moment there is a bloodbath, I would sell. I lost a huge amount of investment because of such attitude. And then I learned to HODL. That's the time when I matured a bit. And that's the time when I earned a good amount.
btc-room101

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 05:56:03 AM

HODLers lose? I don't know. But as far as my experience is concerned, that is quite the opposite. When I entered in the world of cryptocurrency, I was just like every newbie. I was naive. I was easily emotional. I looked and checked on my portfolio almost every minute of the day. And the moment there is a bloodbath, I would sell. I lost a huge amount of investment because of such attitude. And then I learned to HODL. That's the time when I matured a bit. And that's the time when I earned a good amount.

In all ponzi's the people who got in early, got out early, got rich

The people who came in late, and held, lost all

Anything new here?

NOPE

Lastly let me say, I like bitcoin the C++ source, but I hate the criminals that came to bitcoin post 2014 and turned it into a PONZI scam.
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 06:03:54 AM

It is normal to lose in trading but losing much of our capital is not normal. We need to take a risk in this industry specially nowadays that the market is full of red. I tend to quit but I want to fulfill my dreams. And I see it in cryptocurrency. Don't say it will be the dead end because everything just got started. Imagine, SEC and biggest companies are already join the growing industry of crypto. Few more years, it will be legalized.

I guess this is just an act of advice for OP to sell your holding and fill his buy order.  Anyway, BTC has never been this successful before, even though it is in red but the fact that institution are beginning to accept it, regulate it and adopt it is a great sign that BTC is on the right path.  The market today will be a bloody history but in the future, we will look at this as a test for the strong hand.  Hodler will never lose if they knew what they are doing and know what they are holding and why they are holding.
btc-room101

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 06:09:32 AM

I guess this is just an act of advice for OP to sell your holding and fill his buy order.  Anyway, BTC has never been this successful before, even though it is in red but the fact that institution are beginning to accept it, regulate it and adopt it is a great sign that BTC is on the right path.  The market today will be a bloody history but in the future, we will look at this as a test for the strong hand.  Hodler will never lose if they knew what they are doing and know what they are holding and why they are holding.

The PONZI is  a PYRAMID, those at the top of the pyramid may never lose, if they got their BTC for free, or less than $100.

The people who came in late, and paid $1,000 USD or more for BITCOIN will lose all in time, and they will be hurt.

Once a Ponzi deflates, they never reflate.

Successful? Let's see a 10 year old Ponzi-scheme that effected the entire earth, this never happened before ever, only the internet made an 'international ponzi possible',  I don't blame bitcoin, it could have been any virtual-cabbage-patch-doll, once the criminals saw an opening, they exploited it,

Sadly, in time BITCOIN will be blamed for the CRIME/PONZI, and not the criminals, its the nature as they can always hire the best lawyers with YOUR MONEY.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 06:10:25 AM

Wow,lots of hatred about bitcoin and the crypto world.OP,did you lost any money due to the crypto price crash?Let me tell you something.Hodlers lose only if they decide to sell at a price that is lower than the price they have bought btc.If some guy had bought bitcoins at 200 USD back in 2014 and he is still holding,he can sell those btc at a big profit,even if the bitcoin price crashes to 2K USD.

a better example is those people who have been accumulating bitcoin at $200 to $250 range and then price fell down to $150. none of them really lose any money unless they fell for the idiotic FUD and panic sold their precious bitcoins.

currently we are in the same situation. people who have been accumulating in $6000-$7000 range have not really lost any money unless they fell for the FUD and panic sold. and you will soon see their profit when the whales stop manipulating.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 06:37:30 AM

Lol.
yes it's stupid and silly who calls holding lose. those who will lose are careless people and cannot be patient with coins held. yes indeed the price is currently bad, but I am sure if it continues to hold it for sure someday if there is an increase it will definitely get more profit.
moneyangel

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 06:40:59 AM

It's no surprise that those panic sellers will surely lose in this volatile investment and those have patience will survive as long as they will not sell their bitcoin at losing price. This will bounce back at the right time and nothing to worry about this downfall as this will be ended once we have a good news to start a green market.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
hakeris123

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 06:49:28 AM

dont sit and watch prices all day ,there more  other markets where you can make money.big money came in 2017 and left 2018 ,they moved in other markets like stocks forex indices and etc ,value your time dont waste it just keep moving on where  money goes and come back when  crypto uptrend is confirmed 
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 06:53:32 AM

(bitcoin, blokchain and cryptocurrency) they are interrelated with each other and they will remain forever, regarding the problem of decreasing bitcoin now we can take it back if we have capital, the base price has shown $ 3700 and has passed, this recovery will not happens in an instant but it takes time to land, I personally still believe
I have read through so many replies and some ops are even saying blockchain operate independently of bitcoin and the blockchain have other features aside the operation of cryptographic, and a took my study further and discovered that cryptographic is the process of solving mathematical code and the blockchain is the engine room for this process. So the blockchain can not survive without bitcoin now back to the discussion hodling bitcoin for a long time is good and one should not term hodlers as fools or people who are not smart enough to get out when the price was still high, some people have a fixed time for they investment and in that way they will never sale no matter what the price is. Bitcoin is going to recover again but that will take time and no one can predict when that will be since bitcoin is a volatile commodity.
paparexon0414

Activity: 432
Merit: 126

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 07:06:41 AM

Im a holder too, not just bitcoins but also with other cryprtos. Maybe the other  cryptos seems to fall and will soon have no value at all but as to bitcoin, this is a different matter. Bitcoin is still the its number spot , maybe at this moment its really a mess for it but as history told itself, soooner it will have its comeback. Maybe not in a snap of our magic wand, but slowly baby step. Same with the other popular coins out there. It is just part of the movement of the market. Patience is still the best way to have.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: