Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:47:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding BTC at this satge is a bad idea?  (Read 2298 times)
ansarose1

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 03:21:03 PM

I don't think so, holding bitcoin was never a bad idea. If there would be increasing of bitcoin's price next year, then it is good to hold, we must be possitive in inbesting bitcoin since its price staryed only for a few bucks. So bitcoin has a potential for long term investment, hence we should be confident enough to hold it, future investment on bitcoin is good. And in the long run we earn so much profit.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 03:33:55 PM

Here you have to decide for yourself if you need money urgently, then you can sell your bitcoins and output all profit to fiat, and if you don’t take your time, then of course it’s better to wait for the market to grow and then you can fix the profit, but when no one knows the market will start to grow, we have been waiting for a year and may still have to wait a year or more.
Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 03:39:31 PM

If you bought at this price then I think you are in a good position by now.
It may go to 1500 USD but that could be the bottom of it until it goes being pumped again for a cheaper price.
Institutional investors wont go to an expensive item. They want it to be cheaper to gain more and bitcoin have ths higher percentage as their answer rather than stocks or gold.

I think you are already in a safe amount by now.
thuat86

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 03:44:08 PM

BTC is showing weakness and loosing ground day by day I think it is the time for the investors to book profit who are on profit and minimize losses who already suffered a big loss. Can anybody enlighten me on this issue now?
so when is the time to buy and hold
Moshaid
Copper Member

Activity: 546
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 03:56:20 PM

I don't think so. Although Btc is dipping hourly, daily and weekly even with this I can see a bright outcome from this grave dip. So it's better to accumulate more from the weak hands now.

► BLOCKBURN ◄ ★WHERE CRYPTOCURRENCY AND ONLINE GAMING MEET★ ► BLOCKBURN ◄
───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●─[   ABOUT US   ]─●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───
Website◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸CoinMarketCap
tunapa

Activity: 667

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 04:00:10 PM

It depends on your reason for holding maybe short or long term and also the time of investment.  Answers to this question will determine what you would do.  If you bought at low price and you intend to hold for long term,  then maybe you should take some profit and keep some.  But if you bought at high price and now you are at loss,  you can only cut loses or keep holding.  The final decision is yours.  
caobang

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 04:02:03 PM

The market is still not really stable, should be observed further if the intention to invest.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 04:02:20 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2018, 05:38:25 PM by adzino

I wouldn't say it is a bad idea. If someone who bought bitcoins at higher price, say at around $7000-$8000, ends up selling now, they will be suffering from huge losses. Instead, it is better to keep on holding. You have already lost a lot, whats the use or the benefit of selling it in the end? You might just save yourself from further loss, but the damage has already been done. If you keep on holding, you still have a chance of at least making something back. Remember, the value just dropped, the amount of coins you are holding is still the same.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
RondoAnyar

Activity: 651
Merit: 101

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 04:33:10 PM

holding btc for current conditions is not a bad thing, it will look bad if it sells when the btc price is in a low position. we can see this as one of the potentials to gain profit in the future, so this is the best thing to hold

Miklight88
Copper Member

Activity: 238

GDZKVBV3L3JU5TFDBWMUMPZAHD3OSM2I3TAJRWPG7KU5U4UZCI

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 04:38:08 PM

But I don't see it as bad idea cause if I could sold at $19000+ and rebuy now even at 6000 is much OK for me and even if I buy now and hold for long is the best option as btc will not stay in one place but will be doing up and down and with that we can buy and sell to have some profit for the time being.
a

mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 04:39:35 PM

Holding BTC is a bad idea at any price. be trader(buy and sell) for any profit.
Sihab76

Activity: 1302
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 04:40:27 PM

Yea i am agree with you because by holding my bitcoin and Ethereum i face a lot of losses money and i become a poor again.  So in this situation holding is a great foolish.
larkinvain

Activity: 1120
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 05:03:46 PM

Well, from my point of view it won't be a bad idea to hold bitcoin at this stage if you have enough patience and have faith in bitcoin then you can hold bitcoin a little more time. Still, have time to overcome this shallow atmosphere, in fact, it is a matter of patience so don't lose your heart stay positive.
mwaqar17

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 06:37:52 PM

If you can live life without selling your bitcoins or other crypto currencies then do not sale your investments and wait for few months, May be you would be able to get some profit. If you are at stake then you should set a target and sell your all investments. If someone want to earn more then take a big risk. In this case you have to be patient.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 06:38:16 PM

people who buy bitcoin do so only because they want to turn a quick profit by selling their holdings to a “greater fool” than themselves. Smiley
norachuks

Activity: 331
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 06:47:15 PM

Holding BTC at this stage is not a bad idea, the truth is if you sell now you are a big loser. Because if you buy at $9000 and sell now you will hate yourself when the market is green again.

YouSeeMe  - Bartcoin - Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
Wiggins

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 06:49:27 PM

I think its time to holding bitcoin. Bitcoin price increasing possibility high after one month. So i think now people should collect bitcoin.
amitkumratra

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 07:19:49 PM

I am not agree with your idea because everyone who is holding Bitcoin or other coins from very long time, even he is suffering from huge loss but they don't sell their coins, because they have full faith in crypto currencies future and they understand market situation, and also knows that upwards and downward condition is market's nature.
But after hearing experts thoughts, that crypto market will recover very soon and also touches its highest level and after that all our loss will convert's into huge profit, my confidence in crpto currency increased.
But all these things are just hidden in the depth of future and no one knows when this time will comes.
So according to me always take patience and also hold Bitcoin because selling Bitcoin right now is a bad idea. According to me if you have fund then invest more in Bitcoin because this is best time for investing.
maianh09

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 07:24:55 PM

BTC is showing weakness and loosing ground day by day I think it is the time for the investors to book profit who are on profit and minimize losses who already suffered a big loss. Can anybody enlighten me on this issue now?
For investors with low losses I recommend selling them all to minimize losses before things return to zero. Investors with large losses continue to keep it because at the moment you sell them, your losses will not decrease.
PointHope

Activity: 317
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 07:52:17 PM

Holding BTC now is just the smart option as we watch fiat currencies vaporize into hyperinflation.

Paris is burning and the Federal Reserve is bankrupt.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: