Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:04:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICBIT Derivatives Market (USD/BTC futures trading) - LIVE  (Read 97627 times)
Fireball (OP)

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 12:08:50 AM

Good news everyone!
We just launched Bitcoin difficulty futures, DIFF-9.13
It's going to be an interesting financial instrument, happy trading! Questions are welcome, of course.

Margin trading platform OrderBook.net (ICBIT): https://orderbook.net
Follow us in Twitter: https://twitter.com/orderbooknet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
picobit

Activity: 547

Decor in numeris

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 06:01:48 PM

Good news everyone!
It's going to be an interesting financial instrument, happy trading! Questions are welcome, of course.
OK, so that is a new one, and not seen in other markets.  Grin

But is it a financial instrument, or just betting??
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:14:55 PM

Good news everyone!
OK, so that is a new one, and not seen in other markets.  Grin

There have been difficulty futures on mpex and bitfunder since at least early this year.

of course I welcome this move.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Fireball (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 11:14:39 PM

Good news everyone!
OK, so that is a new one, and not seen in other markets.  Grin

There have been difficulty futures on mpex and bitfunder since at least early this year.

of course I welcome this move.

Could you link to the bitfunder spec/trading page regarding the difficulty futures? I can't find it.

newminer7950

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:03:09 AM

Hi!
I recieve  error "UNABLE_TO_VERIFY_LEAF_SIGNATURE" when try to connect to your server.
This error raised only on my Ubuntu computer, but dont raise on windows (on the same javascript program in node.js). What may be a reason of this error (nearly 4 month ago I dont recieve this error on my linux computer, but then it was stop working)
Thank

Donations: 1BKA3FsvrZzznSJueXbx3qokHYqmwe9QQC
picobit

Decor in numeris

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:15:19 PM

Could you link to the bitfunder spec/trading page regarding the difficulty futures? I can't find it.
Search for iDiff, that is part of the name.  They settle significantly sooner than September, so it is not a useful indication of what the price at icbit should be Smiley
Fireball (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 08:26:04 PM

A june BTC/USD futures contract (BUM3) was just settled. Open interest was 6007 contracts (or multiplying by two, 12014 total open positions). Settlement price is $101.99 (MtGox VWAP).
And, total trading volume for this contract is an amazing $1'046'060. Futures market is getting volume, finally!

Also, S&P500 futures was settled today at 1626.75 (spot price of S&P500 index reported in the moment of settlement). It's total trading volume is quite low, only 677 contracts were traded so far, however it's an important financial instrument, and has a lot of potential in it. It is replaced by the September futures, ESU3.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:44:35 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2013, 06:53:37 PM by Stephen Gornick

Now, along with minor visual improvements, this page is going to require a one time password to be entered for any withdrawal operation, if you have tied Google Authenticator to your account.

I notice that simply doing a password reset through e-mail can successfully bypass two-factor authentication (2FA) protection as I can withdraw funds without 2FA after resetting the password.

Shouldn't the 2FA code be required to request a password reset (when 2FA is enabled)?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

boomerlu

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:30:28 PM

I get the feeling this exchange needs more marketing.
Fireball (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 04:25:46 PM

I get the feeling this exchange needs more marketing.

That's so true! ;-)

qxzn

Activity: 609
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:59:29 AM

I have to log in with the "reset password" email link every time. I reset my password, log out, then I can't log in again.

I have done this many times, I'm sure I'm not messing up the password.
Fireball (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 08:33:37 AM

I have to log in with the "reset password" email link every time. I reset my password, log out, then I can't log in again.

Do you have Google Auth enabled for your account?

picobit

Decor in numeris

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 10:40:26 AM

I notice that simply doing a password reset through e-mail can successfully bypass two-factor authentication (2FA) protection as I can withdraw funds without 2FA after resetting the password.

Shouldn't the 2FA code be required to request a password reset (when 2FA is enabled)?
This is serious.  That means that 2FA protection for withdrawal is nonexistent.  I hope this bug get fixed soon, password reset should not reset 2FA, forgetting the password and loosing access to your phone are two different problems.

Fireball (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 12:45:07 PM

This is serious.  That means that 2FA protection for withdrawal is nonexistent.  I hope this bug get fixed soon, password reset should not reset 2FA, forgetting the password and loosing access to your phone are two different problems.

No, it's not.

I performed testing, and could not reproduce this vulnerability. Password reset does not touch the 2FA settings.

Stephen, could you check and let me know exact steps to reproduce? Maybe I missed something. Thank you!

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:06:33 PM

I performed testing, and could not reproduce this vulnerability. Password reset does not touch the 2FA settings.

Stephen, could you check and let me know exact steps to reproduce? Maybe I missed something. Thank you!

Just to clarify, what I'm asserting is that if my e-mail account is compromised an attacker can reset my password and withdraw my funds.

Steps:

From a browser instance after clearing cache, cookies, etc:

Step 1: Confirm 2FA is active (Attempt to login to account in which 2FA is activated, using just username and password).  Response: "Your code isn't valid."
Step 2: Click "Request new password" button.
Step 3: Login using single use login sent via e-mail
Step 4: Once authenticated, click GA_Login tab [Edit: and click "Create code" button.]
"Google Authenticator is enabled for your account. If you want to create a new key - please click on the button below. The old key will be dropped."
Step 5: Add TOTP secret to Google Authenticator, mark "I have successfully scanned the current code" checkbox, and click "Code scanned" button.
Step 6: Withdraw funds using new TOTP secret from Google Authenticator

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

qxzn

Activity: 609
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:49:55 PM

Do you have Google Auth enabled for your account?

No.
Fireball (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 10:59:09 PM

Just to clarify, what I'm asserting is that if my e-mail account is compromised an attacker can reset my password and withdraw my funds.

Steps:

Step 1: Confirm 2FA is active (Attempt to login to account in which 2FA is activated, using just username and password).  Response: "Your code isn't valid."
Step 4: Once authenticated, click GA_Login tab [Edit: and click "Create code" button.]
"Google Authenticator is enabled for your account. If you want to create a new key - please click on the button below. The old key will be dropped."
Step 5: Add TOTP secret to Google Authenticator, mark "I have successfully scanned the current code" checkbox, and click "Code scanned" button.

Thanks a lot. We are in the process of fixing this by updating and improving the GA login code. I will publish results here ASAP.

picobit

Decor in numeris

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 06:21:02 AM

Steps:

Of course the really difficult thing is to stop vulnerabilities like this, and still have a recovery path in case somebody loose their GA secret.  I just to my horror realized that on an iPhone the GA secrets are backed up in a way that they can only be restored on the same device.  Secure, but troublesome if I loose the device.

myself
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 07:54:08 AM

Hey OP +Tycho did you guys considered LTC(BTCLTC) and doing the settlements in LTC and BTC ?

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
ThePok

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:27:14 AM

If ICBIT starts settlement in Litecoins, i leave Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: