Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:47:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread  (Read 49473 times)
S.L.Caro

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 03:59:04 PM

Received my miner 8/5/19. Even though USPS beat the box up pretty bad and tape holding box closed was broken all was well inside. Set up and running in less than 30 min. Eco mode runs .5 HW errors. Balanced mode runs between 1.7 and 2.2 HW errors.
Would really like to experiment with custom mode ,but not knowing baseline voltage and frequency setting for balanced mode I am afraid of burning unit up.
Can we get standard values for balanced and turbo mode please?
Overall happy with miner except fact that included power supply will not run it in turbo mode.

FYI the power supply CAN run it in turbo, but due to regulatory requirements for the connector we used, we were forced to put that sticker on there. We have tested in in turbo, you just have to be careful and make sure you feel the power cable housing after running it in turbo for an hour or so...in some cases if the pin contacts are not secure the cable can heat up a lot, it should never feel more than warm to the touch.

Yes Sir it CAN and does run in turbo and beyond without getting hot. I understand having to apply the CYA sticker. I ran my Apollo at every frequency in custom mode. Fine tuning voltage with great results.
I am completely satisfied with the Apollo and included psu. Very nice American made machine. Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rayday11

Activity: 344
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 04:43:35 PM

I purchased the miner, power supply and sd card. Plug -n- play. Simple. Thank You Future Bit.
veerareddy

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 08:14:22 PM

Hi,[img]
My miner stopped mining after a power outage. When I turn back the machine ON I see only red light no blinking green light.
I could not start it from the dashboard. When I click on the start mining button nothing happens.
LiteLTC

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 08:16:11 AM

Hey guys I'm new to mining. My batch 2 just arrived and I setup the rig. It has a green light and seems to be mining away. I went to litecoinpool.com and made an account but I don't think i linked it right. Can anyone give me guidance?
Thanks!
Also I'm from Texas. Which server should i link it to since I'm in the middle of west and east coast?
TopMiningMiner

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Hey guys I'm new to mining. My batch 2 just arrived and I setup the rig. It has a green light and seems to be mining away. I went to litecoinpool.com and made an account but I don't think i linked it right. Can anyone give me guidance?
Thanks!
Also I'm from Texas. Which server should i link it to since I'm in the middle of west and east coast?

I had issues with setting up the pool from the setup page before you login. But:

Login,
Go to Pools
Copy and paste the pool into the pool area

On Litecoinpool, add a worker, which ends up being your username.[Blank] and a password you choose. (For example LiteLTC.Apollo1 - Password)

Back in the pool settings, add your new username and password and hit the + button and you should be good to go.
derekpitt

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 07:20:50 PM

Hi,[img]
My miner stopped mining after a power outage. When I turn back the machine ON I see only red light no blinking green light.
I could not start it from the dashboard. When I click on the start mining button nothing happens.

Something similar for me too. I got the full package with sd card, power supply, etc...

I had it running all last night and moved it to a new place this morning. Booted it up and it is just a red light.

I did ssh into the machine and run bfgminer manually and I get this message:

Code:
[2019-08-16 19:17:04] Started bfgminer 5.5.0-41-gb0cd450bw6000_hashboard_init, board 0 not detected!

I have already re-imaged the sd card, but I get the same result.
LiteLTC

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 07:32:18 PM

Your instructions there kind of confused me. So view do I proceed with adding my mining device onto litecoin pool? I tried your instructions and it doesnt add it.
TopMiningMiner

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 12:57:53 AM

Your instructions there kind of confused me. So view do I proceed with adding my mining device onto litecoin pool? I tried your instructions and it doesnt add it.

On litecoinpool.org, under my account, you have a spreadsheet of "Workers". You need to add a worker to have it register onto your account. But each worker needs a username and a password.

For example, if your username on Litecoinpool was the same as it is here, LiteLTC, then the start of the username for your "worker" would be "LiteLTC.X". With the X being whatever you decide to name the mining device you're using. And then you must create a password for the device.

You need this information (Username and password) in order to put it into the "pool" section in the Apollo settings.

So next, log into the Apollo dashboard and click on "Pool".

Under URL, you need need the address of the server the pool operates on:

stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333   (Europe)
stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333   (US East Coast)
stratum+tcp://us2.litecoinpool.org:3333   (US West Coast)
stratum+tcp://ltcpool5brio2gaj.onion:3333   (Tor hidden service)

Under Username, you put the username you created on litecoinpool.
Then you do the same for the password.
Then click the +, Up Arrow, or save… whatever the button is to save the information for the pool. - After that, you should be able to refresh litecoinpool and see the work thats being done by the "worker".

Let me/someone else know if that helps/doesn't help.

Also, in regards to your question about which server you should use, east or west, I don't think it really matters… I just realized I've been pointed to the Europe server and everything is more or less fine. And I'm also in Texas.
TopMiningMiner

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 01:21:33 AM

This is a cool idea. The other thing to do would be to read from the api of the pool - to display hash rate and balance. You could use an ardunino board to do this for $6.

Thanks! Sorry for the late reply. I spent the last few days figuring out the whole mining thing a bit more.

I think it can definitely be done. And done cheaply. - I think an arduino could work. And the idea of "building a PC" could also be something to work with.

I think the next step I need to do is seriously consider a setup that would look cool, and make a mock version to scale and see how it looks… Because the technical side seems to be way less technical than I thought. And I do think it would be cool. But I should probably make my own thread somewhere.
derekpitt

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 02:03:44 PM

Hi,[img]

Something similar for me too. I got the full package with sd card, power supply, etc...

I had it running all last night and moved it to a new place this morning. Booted it up and it is just a red light.

I did ssh into the machine and run bfgminer manually and I get this message:

Code:
[2019-08-16 19:17:04] Started bfgminer 5.5.0-41-gb0cd450bw6000_hashboard_init, board 0 not detected!

I have already re-imaged the sd card, but I get the same result.

Turns out that the new location I moved it too was blocking the pools I was using. Back at the old location working great!
LiteLTC

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 01:50:18 AM

On litecoinpool.org, under my account, you have a spreadsheet of "Workers". You need to add a worker to have it register onto your account. But each worker needs a username and a password.

For example, if your username on Litecoinpool was the same as it is here, LiteLTC, then the start of the username for your "worker" would be "LiteLTC.X". With the X being whatever you decide to name the mining device you're using. And then you must create a password for the device.

You need this information (Username and password) in order to put it into the "pool" section in the Apollo settings.

Then click the +, Up Arrow, or save… whatever the button is to save the information for the pool. - After that, you should be able to refresh litecoinpool and see the work thats being done by the "worker".

Also, in regards to your question about which server you should use, east or west, I don't think it really matters… I just realized I've been pointed to the Europe server and everything is more or less fine. And I'm also in Texas.

Still having issues. Anyway we can talk via some sort of messenger app and you walk me through this. Where in Texas are you from? I'm in the dfw area.
Keydric

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 02:29:56 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2019, 04:08:56 PM by Keydric

Still having issues. Anyway we can talk via some sort of messenger app and you walk me through this. Where in Texas are you from? I'm in the dfw area.

See if this helps.  Start simple, after you signup at litecoinpool, add 1 miner yourusername.yourminer, with a password looks like this
http://www.keydric.com/LCpool1.png

After that, add the pool to your futurebit dashboard to matchas the only pool turned on.  In Texas, pick US, just add 1 pool to get started, once you are up and running, you can go back and add a failover pool later.  Looks like this to match LCP info
https://www.keydric.com/dashboardpool.png

Restart the miner and give it a few minutes to get started and hashing, back at your dashboards, both your miner and LCpool you should see work happening.
LiteLTC

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 10:12:01 PM

Looks like it's working! Or atleast it seems like it. How do o change my worker default password made on litecoinpool.org
TopMiningMiner

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 10:29:04 PM

Looks like it's working! Or atleast it seems like it. How do o change my worker default password made on litecoinpool.org

You should just be able to type in a new one and hit save. And then don’t forget to update the pool information on the Apollo dashboard.

And DFW too!
LiteLTC

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 01:38:38 AM

You should just be able to type in a new one and hit save. And then don’t forget to update the pool information on the Apollo dashboard.

And DFW too!

Why is it not letting me private message you?
TopMiningMiner

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 03:20:03 AM

And DFW too!

Why is it not letting me private message you?

Looks like both our accounts are too new to send the other a message without opting in to allow messages from noObies.

User 'LiteLTC' has not chosen to allow messages from newbies. You should post in their relevant thread to remind them to enable this setting.
Keydric

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 07:12:21 PM

So what is everyone mining besides LTC?

Picking up some alts using prohashing pool, so its generically scrypt mining and you pick your payout type.  Right now, I have payouts setup with 5% ADA and 95% LTC.  Gotta rebuild my LTC and figured I could leak 5% towards ADA for a while.
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1396

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 08:13:51 PM

Help!!!

I got my apollo and its working great. The issue I have is it keeps giving me this error message:

It seems there is a problem to communicate with the miner, check error message.

SyntaxError: Unexpected token in JSON at position 2131

I have no idea what it means and it no matter what I do it will not go away. I have restarted and rebooted the machine to no effect.
It is hashing fine but I cant get to the dashboard anymore.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

hmm thats weird, this is what your seeing when your navigating to the Apollo IP address on a web browser?

Have you tried accessing it through a difference device (smartphone browsers, another computer etc). Could be a local machine issue, but if its causing it on all of them then sounds like a corrupted SD card (just follow the instructions on first post to re-image your card).

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
estacionsj

Activity: 55
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 23, 2019, 02:28:10 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2019, 03:23:42 AM by estacionsj

i can't get my miner to connect to the wifi, it's like right next to the router.
I have an Apple airport extreme model, lastest generation (6th generation).
does anyone have an apple router and connected it with success to WIFi
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1396

View Profile
August 23, 2019, 03:27:15 PM

I'm getting the same problem others mentioned here:
Has anyone had a problem with your Apollo miner not coming online?? I can connect to the dashboard but cant get the miner to start. The miner powers up and then a solid red light. Mined for a day before this happened.

I followed steps to see if i can fix it like setting fan to 25% and only having one pool (litecoinpool) setup. The miner keeps saying Miner is Offline, try to start it and keeps coming back to that screen once i click the Start button. This miner got delivered today with PSU and micro SD card. What can i do?

Replied to your PM/email.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: