Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 01:53:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread  (Read 49508 times)
bitbar

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 06:50:48 PM

Thanks for your advice ...
I've tried two pools, litecoinpool and nicehash ...
It seems that with nicehash it holds the connection better, error 127.0.0.1:4028 does not appear, but I am not able to undermine.
At no time does the green light appear, it stays blinking in orange / yellow.
On the dashboard it appears active for a few seconds and is deactivated ... so constantly. Until the miner goes out of line
I have reviewed the credentials and passwords in the pool a thousand times and they are fine, I don't know where to go.

Yea, your putting in the wrong pool info/credentials, as you can see on the top it says "All pools are dead". To rule out any internet issues try deleting all pools from the pool config so it only mines on donation pool, if that also does not work then the issue is with your router/settings.

thanks jstefanop

I have left only the donation in the pool, connect but immediately the miner goes out of line and the connect econnrefused message 127.0.0.1:4428 appears again
I don't know what problem the router can have, I have access to the internet with a fiber connection, and I have no problem connecting to any device ...
What can be?
bitbar

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 06:44:43 PM

It seems that with nicehash it holds the connection better, error 127.0.0.1:4028 does not appear, but I am not able to undermine.
On the dashboard it appears active for a few seconds and is deactivated ... so constantly. Until the miner goes out of line
I have reviewed the credentials and passwords in the pool a thousand times and they are fine, I don't know where to go.

Yea, your putting in the wrong pool info/credentials, as you can see on the top it says "All pools are dead". To rule out any internet issues try deleting all pools from the pool config so it only mines on donation pool, if that also does not work then the issue is with your router/settings.

thanks jstefanop

I have left only the donation in the pool, connect but immediately the miner goes out of line and the connect econnrefused message 127.0.0.1:4428 appears again
I don't know what problem the router can have, I have access to the internet with a fiber connection, and I have no problem connecting to any device ...
What can be?

I can't mine with him, I've reviewed everything and I don't know what it can be ...
Is there any special configuration I have to put on my router? Open any port, or something unknown?
As long as it doesn't work soon, Apollo is going back to Germany
wttbs
Legendary

Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 07:05:43 PM

thanks jstefanop

What can be?

I can't mine with him, I've reviewed everything and I don't know what it can be ...
Is there any special configuration I have to put on my router? Open any port, or something unknown?
As long as it doesn't work soon, Apollo is going back to Germany

Check your pool, I mine at litecoinpool.org , just register an account there and setup a work.
setup the pool on the Apollo: stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333

as you see I use port 3333 you can double check your router if the port isn't blocked, I use the website:
https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

if port is open then you're fine and the apollo should be mining!

Buddy_hell

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 02:28:00 PM

Hi

I have 2 FB Apollos which i have just re-directed to Litepool (EU pool litecoinpool.org:3333). Hashrate and HW errors seem fine but discard rates are very high - 1228 accepted 53k discarded. I am using #skipcbcheck in the stratum URL.

The other FB is running at 1.2k accpeted to 9.8k discarded.

Both units are in balanced mode. Is this a hardware or possible pool/latency issue?

any help appreciated.

Buddy.
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2117
Merit: 1397

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 02:59:58 PM

Hi

I have 2 FB Apollos which i have just re-directed to Litepool (EU pool litecoinpool.org:3333). Hashrate and HW errors seem fine but discard rates are very high - 1228 accepted 53k discarded. I am using #skipcbcheck in the stratum URL.

Both units are in balanced mode. Is this a hardware or possible pool/latency issue?

any help appreciated.

Buddy.

Thats fine, discarded shares are on the pool side, only thing that matters is your rejected shares, those need to be low.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
Buddy_hell

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 03:35:29 PM

Hi

any help appreciated.

Buddy.

Thats fine, discarded shares are on the pool side, only thing that matters is your rejected shares, those need to be low.

Thanks
torynfarr

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 18, 2019, 08:40:37 AM

Quick FutureBit Apollo question:

What's the status of WiFi support as of November 2019?

Searching the forums, all I could find was a post from December 2018 stating that WiFi was buggy. Has it improved since then?

I'm considering purchasing a batch 2 Apollo, but the plan would be to have it located in room other than where my router is. I can (obviously) do Ethernet for the setup, but I'd like to move it to the other room where it would be permanently located and would be using WiFi.

Thanks in advance!
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2019, 05:50:07 PM

Searching the forums, all I could find was a post from December 2018 stating that WiFi was buggy. Has it improved since then?

I'm considering purchasing a batch 2 Apollo, but the plan would be to have it located in room other than where my router is. I can (obviously) do Ethernet for the setup, but I'd like to move it to the other room where it would be permanently located and would be using WiFi.

Thanks in advance!

Its still buggy, the chipset hasn't received a linux firmware update and our efforts to have them fix the issues have not gone anywhere. It still works fine, you just need to make sure your router has an SSID thats in plain a/b/g mode and WPA2 for password. It starts acting buggy when its trying to connected to mix mode APs

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
torynfarr

View Profile
November 18, 2019, 07:11:01 PM

Thanks in advance!

Its still buggy, the chipset hasn't received a linux firmware update and our efforts to have them fix the issues have not gone anywhere. It still works fine, you just need to make sure your router has an SSID thats in plain a/b/g mode and WPA2 for password. It starts acting buggy when its trying to connected to mix mode APs

Plain as in set to solely one radio mode (2.4GHz or 5GHz - as opposed to dual band supporting both)?

I'm using a mesh network with simultaneous dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz/5 GHz) supporting 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (with WPA2).
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2019, 07:23:09 PM

Thanks in advance!

Plain as in set to solely one radio mode (2.4GHz or 5GHz - as opposed to dual band supporting both)?

I'm using a mesh network with simultaneous dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz/5 GHz) supporting 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (with WPA2).

Yes, most modern routers let you separate 2.4 and 5Ghz with different SSIDs

jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2019, 07:25:24 PM

I need about 10 people to test out full node image. Finally got it where its running stable but want to make sure it is before I do a general release. Shoot me a PM with your email address. Make sure you have the ability to open port 9333 on your local network/router so the node is visible to the rest of the network.

torynfarr

View Profile
November 18, 2019, 11:05:41 PM

Thanks in advance!

Yes, most modern routers let you separate 2.4 and 5Ghz with different SSIDs

Sadly, mine does not (Google WiFi 1st gen). But... I'll just move one of the mesh nodes next to the Apollo and plug in an Ethernet cable. Problem solved  Cheesy
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 2262

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2019, 01:18:36 AM

I need about 10 people to test out full node image. Finally got it where its running stable but want to make sure it is before I do a general release. Shoot me a PM with your email address. Make sure you have the ability to open port 9333 on your local network/router so the node is visible to the rest of the network.

pm sent

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
yezhec001

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 19, 2019, 03:26:13 AM

Could anyone give me some advice on how to achieve max hash rate?
I will have free electricity for 6 months so I really want to get the full potential out of futurebit.
Is it possible to exceed turbo mode ( which is around 140 MH/S) ?
I am placing my machine next to an opened window which constantly blows in cold air, so the temperature is easier to control.
Is the frequency the only factor that makes the hash rate increase?
I am kind of a noob when it comes to mining, would appreciate any advice!
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 2262

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2019, 05:14:18 AM

Could anyone give me some advice on how to achieve max hash rate?
I will have free electricity for 6 months so I really want to get the full potential out of futurebit.
Is it possible to exceed turbo mode ( which is around 140 MH/S) ?
I am placing my machine next to an opened window which constantly blows in cold air, so the temperature is easier to control.
Is the frequency the only factor that makes the hash rate increase?
I am kind of a noob when it comes to mining, would appreciate any advice!

well free electricity is not really a point with these, they might use the same electricity as a lightbulb or two.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
iaintkd

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 20, 2019, 08:03:48 AM

PM sent
torynfarr

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 06:00:06 PM

Dumb question, but the included setup instructions say to plug the PCIE output cable into the right power port. Does it mean the right side if you're looking at the back or the right side if you're looking at the front of the device?

Port closet to the Ethernet port?

Also, should the included PSU light up and should the fan turn on?
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 09:32:44 PM

Dumb question, but the included setup instructions say to plug the PCIE output cable into the right power port. Does it mean the right side if you're looking at the back or the right side if you're looking at the front of the device?

Port closet to the Ethernet port?

Also, should the included PSU light up and should the fan turn on?

Right if your looking at it from the back...its not a big deal either way. PSU lights up but is a very low green glow you can probably only see at night. Fan only comes on periodically when the PSU heats up to a certain temperature.

torynfarr

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 10:26:51 PM

Awesome, thank you!

So far, so good. ~105 MH/s hash rate running at 68°C in eco mode with fan set to auto.
VictorGT

Activity: 748
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 04:25:16 PM

Hi, I need to buy one new SD card for next full node update (I am using now 16 GB cards).

¿Recommended SD card size for full node?. ¿Maybe 64 GB?.

Also I am having (small) problems with SD cards. Too often I need to reflash SD card. Sometimes they run OK for weeks, sometimes only a couple of days.

I use now Kingston 16 GB SD cards. ¿Any other "high quality" SD card brand?. ¿Maybe SanDisk, Samsung...?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: