Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:05:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread  (Read 49488 times)
whiteogre

Activity: 61
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 11:18:24 AM

Also I am having (small) problems with SD cards. Too often I need to reflash SD card. Sometimes they run OK for weeks, sometimes only a couple of days.

I use now Kingston 16 GB SD cards. ¿Any other "high quality" SD card brand?. ¿Maybe SanDisk, Samsung...?

Samsung EVO Plus cards at least are supposed to be high quality and I haven't had any issue with those in any devices. However, I haven't seen this frequent need for reflashing the SD card in the Apollo either (114 days uptime currently). At least in Raspberry Pis, the eventual failure mode of a SD card is such that it can no longer be written and also reads result in failures nor is reflashing it anymore possible. That's why I suspect there's something else going on if the usability can be recovered by reflashing the same SD card.

Regarding the current firmware, this is one change that I've done after installing it that may have some improving effect. You'll need ssh access and root to execute the commands:

Code:
systemctl stop "serial-getty@ttyS0.service"
systemctl disable "serial-getty@ttyS0.service"

This only disables a service that is constantly trying to start and will always fail to do so due to such serial port not being available (not that you'd need that terminal anyway). Every start is likely to get written to the systemd bookkeeping which may also result in card write operations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1605
Merit: 1568

精神分析的爸

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 12:15:12 PM

Regarding SD card lifespan: I started to use fstrim on the rootfs weekly from cron, but it is too early to judge if that has any beneficial effects on SD card reliability in the Apollo.
Will post again, once I have a record of 2-3 months using it.

VictorGT

Activity: 748
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 01:10:09 PM

Also I am having (small) problems with SD cards. Too often I need to reflash SD card. Sometimes they run OK for weeks, sometimes only a couple of days.

I use now Kingston 16 GB SD cards. ¿Any other "high quality" SD card brand?. ¿Maybe SanDisk, Samsung...?

Samsung EVO Plus cards at least are supposed to be high quality and I haven't had any issue with those in any devices. However, I haven't seen this frequent need for reflashing the SD card in the Apollo either (114 days uptime currently). At least in Raspberry Pis, the eventual failure mode of a SD card is such that it can no longer be written and also reads result in failures nor is reflashing it anymore possible. That's why I suspect there's something else going on if the usability can be recovered by reflashing the same SD card.

Regarding the current firmware, this is one change that I've done after installing it that may have some improving effect. You'll need ssh access and root to execute the commands:

Code:

This only disables a service that is constantly trying to start and will always fail to do so due to such serial port not being available (not that you'd need that terminal anyway). Every start is likely to get written to the systemd bookkeeping which may also result in card write operations.

Regarding SD card lifespan: I started to use fstrim on the rootfs weekly from cron, but it is too early to judge if that has any beneficial effects on SD card reliability in the Apollo.

Thanks for the info.

Last problems I had did not requiere reflash. Only "Restart" miner was needed. Humm...
Also it happens more often with Apollo batch 2 units (I have two batch 1 and two batch 2).
I will wait for new software in order to do a few more tests.
estacionsj

Activity: 55
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 06:11:05 PM

Code:

I think jstefanop said u just need a 32gb card for full node. When is the Full node update gong to come out, jstefanop

OOps sorry its being tested
estacionsj

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 06:12:36 PM

i have been using a 32gb card for 2 1/2 months with no problems
kaotic818

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 01:00:48 AM

I just got my batch 2 today. Is this normal to see so many HW errors?

15.5 percent hardware errors and 1115 in the first hour of turning on the apollo

jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2095
Merit: 1396

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 07:37:02 PM

I just got my batch 2 today. Is this normal to see so many HW errors?

15.5 percent hardware errors and 1115 in the first hour of turning on the apollo

Try rebooting it and see if you still see that many errors. Sounds like a pool issue caused a high initial error count, causing the average to shoot higher than normal.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
kaotic818

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 08:19:38 PM

I did reboot several times just using litecoinpool.org default and switched to us2.litecoinpool pool. Both are showing errors. Todays numbers are 14.6 percent Hardware errors and 18700 hw errors running for 5 hours today so far.
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2095
Merit: 1396

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 11:20:35 PM

I did reboot several times just using litecoinpool.org default and switched to us2.litecoinpool pool. Both are showing errors. Todays numbers are 14.6 percent Hardware errors and 18700 hw errors running for 5 hours today so far.

Can you post a screenshot of your dashboard?

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
kaotic818

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 11:26:41 PM

https://imgur.com/gallery/kkhatkI
intothebreak

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 12:05:07 AM

I am having trouble getting the Apollo to connect. I am getting error econnrefused. I read that it has to do with pool credentials. I am putting the user name and password for the litecoinpool.org account correctly but it is a new account. I put my lite coin wallet address in the payment address space on the lite coin pool account. Is there a way to reset the device to go through initial setup again.
estacionsj

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 12:08:38 AM

I am having trouble getting the Apollo to connect. I am getting error econnrefused. I read that it has to do with pool credentials. I am putting the user name and password for the litecoinpool.org account correctly but it is a new account. I put my lite coin wallet address in the payment address space on the lite coin pool account. Is there a way to reset the device to go through initial setup again.

I think u need to reflash The SD CArd. It would bring it all back like new when u bought it.
intothebreak

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 01:15:25 AM

I think u need to reflash The SD CArd. It would bring it all back like new when u bought it.

Thank you for some direction

I reflashed and am at the initial setup again. What do I put for the username and password? Is it My login for the litecoinpool.org account or is it my lite coin ledger wallet information key? Or the key at the bottom of my litecoinpool my account page?
estacionsj

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 01:35:38 AM

Thank you for some direction

I reflashed and am at the initial setup again. What do I put for the username and password? Is it My login for the litecoinpool.org account or is it my lite coin ledger wallet information key? Or the key at the bottom of my litecoinpool my account page?
litecoinpool account info, go to first page of this thread also, it has info
intothebreak

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 02:07:08 AM

I put my litecoinpool account username and password that I use to log in to that account with in the initial setup with no proxy in the Apollo web dashboard. I set a password for futurebit. It then let’s me log in with that password. On the home dashboard It shows a dead status that jumps between active and inactive for my main litecoinpool.  the contribution pool is active and alive. I am not sure what’s wrong. The first page doesn’t have this info and I have sifted through the pages and haven’t found it  straightforward. Thanks for the assistance
intothebreak

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 02:30:16 AM

Could it be an error with my main pool  due to payouts being Frozen on my litecoinpool account because I just added a new lite coin wallet address and the account says that anytime payout address is modified all payouts are suspended for 24hr?
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2019, 02:49:34 AM

Could it be an error with my main pool  due to payouts being Frozen on my litecoinpool account because I just added a new lite coin wallet address and the account says that anytime payout address is modified all payouts are suspended for 24hr?

no - that would affect payouts not your miner working.

the password it wants is for the miner not the password you use to log into the pool with - if you do not have a pool password you will still need to put something like x or 123 as a default one. This miner software does not seem to like it if you leave it blank.

you are using litecoinpool.org, correct?

direct from their page
Getting Started
Understand how mining works. If you are new to mining, read our Beginner's Guide. Make sure you understand that you will never make a profit out of CPU or GPU mining, and that ASIC hardware is required.
Create a pool account. Register here.
Configure your miners. Connect your miners to the server(s) closest to you (most miners allows you to specify more than one URL for failover):
stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333   (Europe)
stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333   (US East Coast)
stratum+tcp://us2.litecoinpool.org:3333   (US West Coast)
stratum+tcp://ltcpool5brio2gaj.onion:3333   (Tor hidden service)
If connecting from East Asia, the US West Coast address should be preferred.
If you are behind a firewall, you can also access Stratum on port 8080.
Mind that some software (notably some versions of the web interface of Antminers) requires you to omit the protocol prefix (stratum+tcp://) when entering URLs.
The default worker credentials are:
Username:   your_username.1
Password:   1
If you want, you can create additional workers on your account page, with names and passwords of your choice. Both the username and the password are case-sensitive. Never use your account password for any of your workers.

so the default miner password is "1" and that is what you would need to put in the Apollo gui

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
intothebreak

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 03:05:25 AM

so the default miner password is "1" and that is what you would need to put in the Apollo gui

Thank you so much!!! Needed to put the .1 behind my username And that password. Wow.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2019, 03:17:01 AM

Thank you so much!!! Needed to put the .1 behind my username And that password. Wow.

so you are up and running?

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
intothebreak

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 04:17:05 AM

so you are up and running?

Yes thank you. Active and alive. Hashing. On the home dashboard it does say there is some hardware error percentage tho
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: