Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:51:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread  (Read 49492 times)
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2226

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2020, 10:30:03 PM

I love my 2 apollos - might get more once I have more deskspace lol - I have 5 miners on it currently - 2 apollos - 2 r606's and 1 hs1 plus

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tjohann

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 05:20:44 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2020, 05:51:49 PM by tjohann

@jstefanop

My Apollo was shutting down on its own and on visual inspection I found this capacitor(?) hanging on by a thread, just touching it took it off the rest of the way with a sad crunch. :/

Any ideas on what happened or how I can try and get it fixed?

https://ibb.co/JHCVKKw

Update: I opened the case to take a look and it is identified as slot C268 on the board. Idk if you are offering repairs on these, if I can get the specs or a link to purchase a replacement I can try and solder a new part back in.
dazainan

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 07:03:57 AM

Is it port 9333 for internal and external?  TCP?
Fenboy

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 02:45:25 PM

I would like to remote access my 2x Apollo’s. What ports do I need to forward?

Thanks

Can anyone help with this.  Huh

I have forwarded port 80 but get stuck on the setup page, even though the Apollo is working (for months)

Have updated to the latest image and fowarded Ports 80 and 5000 to the Apollo but still no joy logging in remotely (iPhone). It asks for Password but then never loads.

Can anyone help?

I am still not able to login remotely - any advice?
2FastMiner

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 06:55:12 AM

I noticed in the right sidebar under operating system, it lists Ubuntu.  Is it possible to run the Apollo firmware on a PC either directly or by emulation?  Maybe my PC could hash faster than the Apollo?
VictorGT

Activity: 748
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 10:31:52 PM

Maybe my PC could hash faster than the Apollo?

Sure not. Scrypt mininig is ASIC.
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1396

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 11:04:12 PM

I noticed in the right sidebar under operating system, it lists Ubuntu.  Is it possible to run the Apollo firmware on a PC either directly or by emulation?  Maybe my PC could hash faster than the Apollo?

No, the hashing hardware is on the PCB itself, not on the controller. It would run at the same rate and dont need more power than a small micro controller to control the hashboard (it would run on the same rate on an arduino or your gaming PC). The only thing that would run faster on your PC is the full node, but then you would need to run your PC 24/7, which would probably consume more power than the whole Apollo while mining AND running a full node, so defeats the purpose.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
tjohann

View Profile
November 05, 2020, 01:35:19 PM

@jstefanop

My Apollo was shutting down on its own and on visual inspection I found this capacitor(?) hanging on by a thread, just touching it took it off the rest of the way with a sad crunch. :/

Update: I opened the case to take a look and it is identified as slot C268 on the board. Idk if you are offering repairs on these, if I can get the specs or a link to purchase a replacement I can try and solder a new part back in.

Bump
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1396

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 04:47:35 AM

@jstefanop

Bump

Woh never seen that happen. Thats an aluminum cap that looks like it was defective. Shoot me a DM well take care of it.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
tjohann

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 07:18:08 PM

@jstefanop

Bump

Woh never seen that happen. Thats an aluminum cap that looks like it was defective. Shoot me a DM well take care of it.

It is 2020, another capacitor plague would not surprise anyone in the slightest.
BitKing3000

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 08:24:10 PM

Litecoin mining wont be profitable until the price per LTC reaches $200 usd each. I wouldnt expect to make a profit anytime in the next 5 years.
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 10:06:18 PM

@jstefanop

Bump

It is 2020, another capacitor plague would not surprise anyone in the slightest.

If you look at the picture the lower right power plug is discolored from either arcing or from thermal stress.  This may be the issue with the cap losing it.   
kinther

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 09:49:19 PM

Hey all,

I just bought a Futurebit Apollo (< 1 week ago) and had it running fine connected via ethernet.  My wife complained it was "too loud" where it was... so I logged in, powered it down, flipped the PSU I/O button to off, and started moving it to another room.  Powering it back on, it connected to the wifi no problem but would not start.  The LED on the front is a solid RED.  I can SSH/HTTP to the device without issue.  It does respond and is online.

After digging through the /var/log/syslog entries it looks like it is receiving the "Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1" message which seems to have only been posted here once before.  I validated that yes, my pool information had not changed, but tried to delete/re-enter it just for testing.  No go.  The miner refuses to start. 

The beginning of this thread indicates a RED LED on the miner could be a hardware fault, or something to do with a power supply not providing the proper voltages? I noticed the PSU had an LED indicator as well that remains dark even though it provides power enough to boot the system.

Am I completely fucked at this point or do I need a new power supply?
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2020, 12:20:33 AM

Hey all,

I just bought a Futurebit Apollo (< 1 week ago) and had it running fine connected via ethernet.  My wife complained it was "too loud" where it was... so I logged in, powered it down, flipped the PSU I/O button to off, and started moving it to another room.  Powering it back on, it connected to the wifi no problem but would not start.  The LED on the front is a solid RED.  I can SSH/HTTP to the device without issue.  It does respond and is online.

After digging through the /var/log/syslog entries it looks like it is receiving the "Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1" message which seems to have only been posted here once before.  I validated that yes, my pool information had not changed, but tried to delete/re-enter it just for testing.  No go.  The miner refuses to start. 

The beginning of this thread indicates a RED LED on the miner could be a hardware fault, or something to do with a power supply not providing the proper voltages? I noticed the PSU had an LED indicator as well that remains dark even though it provides power enough to boot the system.

Out of curiosity - move it back to where you had it originally and see if it works - if so, then miner is fine and its the wifi most likely that is keeping it from mining.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
kinther

View Profile
November 16, 2020, 01:49:28 AM

Hey all,

Out of curiosity - move it back to where you had it originally and see if it works - if so, then miner is fine and its the wifi most likely that is keeping it from mining.

I should have mentioned - I did try this.  Same power port on my surge protector, same ethernet cable used before.  Same red LED on the miner and no LED on the PSU.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2020, 02:37:09 AM

Hey all,

I should have mentioned - I did try this.  Same power port on my surge protector, same ethernet cable used before.  Same red LED on the miner and no LED on the PSU.

maybe corrupt sd card - were you running the node version? and if so, did you go into the gui and shut down the node prior to powering it off?

Mine BTC @ kano.is
kinther

View Profile
November 16, 2020, 03:36:33 PM

Hey all,

maybe corrupt sd card - were you running the node version? and if so, did you go into the gui and shut down the node prior to powering it off?

While I did buy the Full Package, I didn't opt for the Full Node as I thought I could just buy a flash drive off of Newegg later.  So I was not running the Node option.  I'm not sure how the MicroSD card could become corrupt moving it from room to room, but at this point I'll try anything to get it to work again.  Will report back once I dd my card with the latest version of Apollo OS and try again...
kinther

View Profile
November 16, 2020, 04:19:23 PM

Excellent, that fixed it! To fix, I had to do the following to get rid of the RED LED and ECONNREFUSED message:

1. Download new Apollo OS image (check first page in this thread for link to MEGA download)
2. Unzip .img file from the download
3. Used RaspberryPi Imager (I had it handy, works great for imaging MicroSD cards) to point to the .img file and my MicroSD card inserted in a USB to SD card adapter
4. Inserted MicroSD card back into Apollo miner
5. Configured my laptop to act as a DHCP server for the miner, verified it had an IP address, and logged in
6. Did first startup stuff like enter pool info and browser password
7. Set up wifi on miner
8. Logged in to miner via SSH and issued 'sudo ifdown eth0' to turn off ethernet
9. Restarted mining process
10. Mining!

Thanks for the help figuring this out.  Super happy that it was something simple and hopefully this will help someone else in the future.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2020, 06:10:09 PM

just glad to see you up and running!

Mine BTC @ kano.is
stephan3000

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 04:48:28 PM

Hi, i have problems starting my node, it is stucked on "Node is offline". I can restart, wait as long as i want, and nothing happens. Is there an alternative way, to check that everything is fine. (The node used to tun fine, i come back from vacations and it is stucked and i cannot re-start it.)
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: