Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:47:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm All In - Sold My House!  (Read 112514 times)
salmanahmedone

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 07:41:23 AM

Great to hear somebody that is so devoted and believing in bitcoin. It is rare to find one these days Tongue Well, good luck on your investment and I'm 100% sure that it will go very well.

Just don't sell in the short term, hold it.

Selling the house and getting in return BTC is brave decision and not many people can afford to take such bold decisions. I will give this person hats off for doing such a great thing to permote bitcoins. and now he must be enjoying as current price of bitcoins is already doubled.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cresciuanto

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 10:08:31 AM

You might be better off trying to earn some BTC. Borrowing money for "investments" is usually a bad idea no matter what you are expecting to profit from.

an"all in" is never a good investment! And there is an high risk to loss all only for pay the interest!
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 10:16:51 AM

You have some serious balls if you are selling your house for some Bitcoin, I would never be able to do that. My house is special to me so only if I was sure that I was going to make millions then I would sell my house.

OP is sure.

Or at least to him the potential upside outweighs the potential downside.
Talking about which absolute dollar amounts are sane to put in Bitcoin makes no sense.

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 10:20:51 AM

You have some serious balls if you are selling your house for some Bitcoin, I would never be able to do that. My house is special to me so only if I was sure that I was going to make millions then I would sell my house.

OP is sure.

I think I'll play it safe and just keep my money in my bank account and save up - said no rich person ever.

I admit this takes guts but you need to try things and take risks to make it in life. No one got rich by playing the careful game.

I wish you the best of luck OP. I hope you have your coins in a safe place offline.
pattu1

Activity: 675

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 01:20:59 AM

Looks like the OP finally managed to make a profit (If he had the courage to hold until now)
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 08:40:37 AM

That took some balls!  You'll make a fortune if you HODL.
I would also never be able to sell my house for some Bitcoins I do not know how he pulled it off be he sure has some balls. Investing in Bitcoin is a risk but he is even taking a risk on top of that by selling of his house.
hermanhs09

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 11:25:35 AM

Looks like the OP finally managed to make a profit (If he had the courage to hold until now)

Im not sure that it was a good idea i hope that he made a good profit, i dont think bitcoin is that good of an investment because it is not a strong hold up ESPECIALLY to sell your house for.

You should never invest that much in anything.
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 11:37:52 PM

I would also never be able to sell my house for some Bitcoins I do not know how he pulled it off be he sure has some balls. Investing in Bitcoin is a risk but he is even taking a risk on top of that by selling of his house.

Yes especially because land never depreciates so that house most likely would grow in more value than the bitcoins did... You didnt make a mistake but i would never do what you just did my good sir.
hermanhs09

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 12:37:30 AM

Yes especially because land never depreciates so that house most likely would grow in more value than the bitcoins did... You didnt make a mistake but i would never do what you just did my good sir.

Yeah me either i couldnt imagine going that deep into investing into btc it's too crazy the highs and lows because you just have no guarantee that you'll make money in the end but with the halving coming up i dont think it was dumb.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 01:03:26 PM

Yeah me either i couldnt imagine going that deep into investing into btc it's too crazy the highs and lows because you just have no guarantee that you'll make money in the end but with the halving coming up i dont think it was dumb.

although this topic is only created to troll us but i have seen crazy people like this in my life. there actually are some people who will sell all their belongings like even their home in order to make an investment; sometimes it is successful and they become super rich but most of the time these kinds of people will end up broke.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Cyaren

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 02:59:40 PM

although this topic is only created to troll us but i have seen crazy people like this in my life. there actually are some people who will sell all their belongings like even their home in order to make an investment; sometimes it is successful and they become super rich but most of the time these kinds of people will end up broke.
I doubt someone would get super rich by investing crazily like that, except when one sold his house when btc were of cents value.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 03:53:22 PM

I doubt someone would get super rich by investing crazily like that, except when one sold his house when btc were of cents value.

Quoted for the 2020 halving... Wink
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 05:13:32 PM

Just checking back today.

** Update **

I am still around.

I still have all my bitcoin.

If you check the original posting from 2 years ago, I did indeed sell my house for Bitcoin, and there are links to the actual news articles.

I currently live in Toronto now, and rent a house with friends.

The price of Bitcoin is currently at close to $700US or $900 CDN.

My original investment is worth $598,000 CDN.

My initial investment is up nearly 50% since I purchased Bitcoin 2 years ago.

Cheers,

Tay More

Been following you since the initial post and every now and then thinking if you ended up selling when btc dropped below 200 usd.
As you are still holding I consider you a true hero, you indeed will be wealthy pretty soon (might be matter of months now or max a couple of years). When the big money starts flowing to bitcoin, it will escalate faster than you can dream.
groll

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 09:49:55 PM

Wow.  It takes a lot of guts to sell your ancestral house but you showed that you got the right decision.  Your relatives might envy you right now since you said that you still have the full bitcoins that you sold.  Hope that the price of bitcoin will still goes up and that it will still exist for years.
dingmei1

Activity: 298

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 06:25:54 AM

Great to hear somebody that is so devoted and believing in bitcoin. It is rare to find one these days Tongue Well, good luck on your investment and I'm 100% sure that it will go very well.

I also, it is rare to have such a person, I compared to see the special currency, but also long-term bullish, so the short-term inside intends to sell.
Cyaren

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 12:06:15 PM

You sold your house? thats good,buy BTC for it my man and listen to me carefully,if you do you will become a millionaire:
Just put all your money into some gambling site (primedice safedice bitsler anything) and go all in at 49.5
If you win you buy 2 houses Smiley
Cyaren

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:43:28 AM

I also, it is rare to have such a person, I compared to see the special currency, but also long-term bullish, so the short-term inside intends to sell.
Whoah! That's some guts you have there man. When you said you are all in, does that mean that you will invest all the money you got from the house you have sold? Just don't go into gambling man... if you are to invest that amount of money, study the company that you will entrust your money with. Look for track records... Good Luck! Smiley
sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 09:08:12 AM

Hi All,

I have been following Bitcoin for over a year and was the first person ever to put my house for sale for bitcoin.

http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/yourcommunity/2013/03/alberta-man-accepting-bitcoins-in-exchange-for-home.html

Not sure if you followed my story from a year ago, but the house just sold on Friday, and will make the news tomorrow I suspect. When the house closed on Friday I got approximately 648 BTC for my house which is based on prices over the past 6 months when the deal was actively negotiated, legal fees, realtor fees, and a bunch of contract wording that I frankly don't understand. I am now all in! I really believe in bitcoin. It is the future of the world. I look forward to the continued price increase and one day I plan to own my own island. I will truly be a bitcoin billionaire by the time I am 25 I believe. This house was inherited from my father who passed away a few years ago and he always believed in me and told me I would make it big one day and so I shall. Wish me luck Smiley

Tay More
To be honest that is not a good idea to sell your house for Bitcoin because my house is my most important investment even more important then Bitcoin.
I think that that was not such a smart move on your behave but it is your choice so I wish you good luck.
hermanhs09

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 04:07:00 PM

Hi All,

I have been following Bitcoin for over a year and was the first person ever to put my house for sale for bitcoin.

http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/yourcommunity/2013/03/alberta-man-accepting-bitcoins-in-exchange-for-home.html

Not sure if you followed my story from a year ago, but the house just sold on Friday, and will make the news tomorrow I suspect. When the house closed on Friday I got approximately 648 BTC for my house which is based on prices over the past 6 months when the deal was actively negotiated, legal fees, realtor fees, and a bunch of contract wording that I frankly don't understand. I am now all in! I really believe in bitcoin. It is the future of the world. I look forward to the continued price increase and one day I plan to own my own island. I will truly be a bitcoin billionaire by the time I am 25 I believe. This house was inherited from my father who passed away a few years ago and he always believed in me and told me I would make it big one day and so I shall. Wish me luck Smiley

Tay More
To be honest that is not a good idea to sell your house for Bitcoin because my house is my most important investment even more important then Bitcoin.
I think that that was not such a smart move on your behave but it is your choice so I wish you good luck.
you are indeed right,but if he sold his house and can invest it properly,he will buy 2 houses haha Cheesy
Alright but end of jokes,this is serious thread.I hope you didnt sell house just to gamble the whole money u got for it,it would be the worst idea you could try.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 02:02:25 PM

good on ya man!
That is a really dumb thing to do, to sell your house for some Bitcoins I know that the Bitcoin is worth allot of money but to sell your house for it is just crazy.
I hope that you can make enough money to buy your self a new house.
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: