April 27, 2024, 06:03:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ----
--- - 0 (0%)
000 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 179 »
  Print  
Author Topic: deleted  (Read 227317 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 03:03:35 PM

SSL Fix wallet:
https://mega.co.nz/#!x5MREKDC!Z8kLD1_wKx7W3wFvktZCwhx2z5qsOTQUNb3YdBqoS7w

http://www.epawncoin.com/
link :
https://mega.co.nz/#!VwUXzJRR!uvBGpiU-5tPlpTzzeM8p41pQ66msVRjkmUF65yDL2ww

It's not very difficult to change the link   Angry

Investors know that the devil is in the details
Where is update SSL source?
Some folks such as me are using Linux...

Cryptostats.es

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TotalPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1012

vertex output parameter not completely initialized

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:11:48 PM

http://signup.pawncoin.com/

why it is not mentioned here?

maccie

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Developer multipoolmining.com

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:19:23 PM

http://signup.pawncoin.com/

why it is not mentioned here?

That site is difference thing than this Pawncoin. Its rival who never have launched his coin.

pastet89

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 03:23:13 PM

dev  Payment for IPO in Coinpod (Exchange)

what does it mean?

i think you should both accept pawncoin and bitcoin for  Coinpod ipo.

also you can set a fixed rate such as

10K pawncoin equals 1btc

you can invest 10K pawncoin or 1 btc

you can get the equal shares of the pawncoin exchange!

So 10,000 Pawncoin equals to 1 BTC

yeah! because we are a pawncoin exchange. haha

if this happen, it will be very helpful for pawncoin development.
although now, 40K pawncoin=1BTC, but dev has the power to set a fixed rate for pawncoin.

In the Coinpod ipo, we can accept both BTC and Pawncoin.

and give a Fix rate such as

30K pawncoin=1BTC
or
20K pawncoin=1BTC
or
10K pawncoin=1BTC

i prefer 25K pawncoin=1BTC, then people may buy some pawncoin from the free market, because in the free market the rate is 38K pawncoin=1BTC.

dev can think about it.

when will we have the beta coinpod? thanks.

How to easily set a fixed bottom of the price (and yes, 1$, even 5$ is possible!)

It's quite easy - tie it to something with stable price.
Poloniex recently created their own GOLD coin. With this coin you can buy real gold and it is fixed rate, 1 GOLD = 1/10 try ounce.
As you may suggest, the price is absolutely stable and is tied to GOLDs price.

How can we implement this in PAWN? We will have a pawnshop with physical goods. Devs can set a price for trading goods on the PAWNshop on fixed rate. For exmple:
Someone wants to get a loan for its TV. The TV is worth around 100 USD.
Then the pawnshop will give him 100 PAWN. On the other side, if the guy with the TV miss the deadline for returning the loan and the TV becomes property of the pawnshop, then the pawnshop will list it for sale for 100 PAWNs as well. Then, as people know they can buy a TV worth 100 USDs for 100 PAWNs, they will easily trade 1 PAWN for 1 USD on exchanges, because they know this is the real value of this currency. The market will adapt to the pawn rate as the currency is backed by a physical actives. If on the shop there is a set fixed rate on the exchnage it simply can not be different as this will create arbitrage, and arbitrages never last longer as the market adapts to a state where it deltes arbitrages value or puts it down to a minimum. This is what is doing swiss bank as well with their CHF, 40% of them are real backed by EUR or USD. So there is a bottom of the price which can not be broken.

This is the idea in brief. However, there are few things to consider to implement it in reality properly.

1. A way for the price to go up may be still present.
Pawnshop should state: it is accepting PAWNs on fixed X rate OR exchange rate, whatever is higher.

2. All that needs to be done not rapid, but gradially.
If the price goes up 100x in one day due to a fixed rate set by the exchange, all people will be happy with it and will dump their coins on the exchnage. Then they will collapse the price and it may not recover if the liquidity of the exchange is higher than the liquidity (volume of goods traded) on the pawnshop. Liquidity of the Pawnshop will be growing slowly as price should be. Look at Blackcoin. They made a clever way of pumping the price with the pool. However, after the huge pump, all traders sold their coins and even then the price collapsed. Why? Because the coin owners and the price insane fast rise were bigger than the willingness of people to use the pool. Same will happen here if the Pawnshop sets the price from the begining to insane highs. It should go this way:
- When pawnshop opens, the price on exchanges is let's say, 0.1 USD. Pawnshop set it to 0.15 or  higher rate on exchange. On the first week there are let's say 100 items traded on the pawnshop.
- On the second week, the volume of the pawnshop has grown to 300 items, and the price on exchanges has become 0.2. Then Pawnshop can set a new fixed bottom rate of 0.3 USD. And so on...
- As devs said target price is 1$ to 5$ they can set it for a target and of course all of us wants it. But remember, it just needs to be done gradually so the market can load these changes. It is principle of economic. In fact, I talked to a friend economist and shared to him my idea and he told me it is nice and it will really rise the price, but to work it should be done this way.
Also this way folks who pawn their things in the begining will be happy, because they will know they will be getting money, which will be worth much in future. In return, this will stimulate the initial demand to the pawnshop and build up fast its liquidity.

Cryptostats.es
TotalPanda
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:25:48 PM

Phase 3: Exchange Platform == > when ? URL ?
Phase 4: Online Pawnshop == > when ? URL ?
tAP

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:32:46 PM

How to easily set a fixed bottom of the price (and yes, 1$, even 5$ is possible!)

Poloniex recently created their own GOLD coin. With this coin you can buy real gold and it is fixed rate, 1 GOLD = 1/10 try ounce.

How can we implement this in PAWN? We will have a pawnshop with physical goods. Devs can set a price for trading goods on the PAWNshop on fixed rate. For exmple:
Then the pawnshop will give him 100 PAWN. On the other side, if the guy with the TV miss the deadline for returning the loan and the TV becomes property of the pawnshop, then the pawnshop will list it for sale for 100 PAWNs as well. Then, as people know they can buy a TV worth 100 USDs for 100 PAWNs, they will easily trade 1 PAWN for 1 USD on exchanges, because they know this is the real value of this currency. The market will adapt to the pawn rate as the currency is backed by a physical actives. If on the shop there is a set fixed rate on the exchnage it simply can not be different as this will create arbitrage, and arbitrages never last longer as the market adapts to a state where it deltes arbitrages value or puts it down to a minimum. This is what is doing swiss bank as well with their CHF, 40% of them are real backed by EUR or USD. So there is a bottom of the price which can not be broken.

This is the idea in brief. However, there are few things to consider to implement it in reality properly.

Pawnshop should state: it is accepting PAWNs on fixed X rate OR exchange rate, whatever is higher.

If the price goes up 100x in one day due to a fixed rate set by the exchange, all people will be happy with it and will dump their coins on the exchnage. Then they will collapse the price and it may not recover if the liquidity of the exchange is higher than the liquidity (volume of goods traded) on the pawnshop. Liquidity of the Pawnshop will be growing slowly as price should be. Look at Blackcoin. They made a clever way of pumping the price with the pool. However, after the huge pump, all traders sold their coins and even then the price collapsed. Why? Because the coin owners and the price insane fast rise were bigger than the willingness of people to use the pool. Same will happen here if the Pawnshop sets the price from the begining to insane highs. It should go this way:
- When pawnshop opens, the price on exchanges is let's say, 0.1 USD. Pawnshop set it to 0.15 or  higher rate on exchange. On the first week there are let's say 100 items traded on the pawnshop.
- On the second week, the volume of the pawnshop has grown to 300 items, and the price on exchanges has become 0.2. Then Pawnshop can set a new fixed bottom rate of 0.3 USD. And so on...
- As devs said target price is 1$ to 5$ they can set it for a target and of course all of use wants it. But remember, it just needs to be done gradually so the market can load these changes. It is principle of economic. In fact, I talked to a friend economist and shared to him my idea and he told me it is nice and it will really rise the price, but to work it should be done this way.
Also this way folks who pawn their things in the begining will be happy, because they will know they will be getting money, which will be worth much in future. In return, this will stimulate the initial demand to the pawnshop and build up fast its liquidity.

I really like this idea and it was something I was thinking of myself - at least, the fact that if it's too high too fast that could be a problem.  I also think the pawnshop will need those of us involved from the launch to really participate heavily in the beginning to get things running.  I personally am going to try and unload a lot of physical goods on the pawnshop.

"The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."

LP Hartley
pastet89

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 03:32:49 PM

3: this friday
4: next friday

Cryptostats.es
maccie

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:35:03 PM

3: this friday
4: next friday

If i have understood right, so its beta phase for exchange at this week end.

TotalPanda
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:43:00 PM

could you explain "Proof of Burn unique Algorithm" ?
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:57:02 PM

could you explain "Proof of Burn unique Algorithm" ?

yeah, you can see XCP!

you send pawn to a address that nobody can access this address, just like you burn your pawncoin.

but after that, you will get some epawn.

provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:01:03 PM

what does it mean?

10K pawncoin equals 1btc

although now, 40K pawncoin=1BTC, but dev has the power to set a fixed rate for pawncoin.

30K pawncoin=1BTC
or
20K pawncoin=1BTC
or
10K pawncoin=1BTC

i prefer 25K pawncoin=1BTC, then people may buy some pawncoin from the free market, because in the free market the rate is 38K pawncoin=1BTC.

dev can think about it.

- As devs said target price is 1$ to 5$ they can set it for a target and of course all of us wants it. But remember, it just needs to be done gradually so the market can load these changes. It is principle of economic. In fact, I talked to a friend economist and shared to him my idea and he told me it is nice and it will really rise the price, but to work it should be done this way.

that's really a good idea, i will support this.

buy it seems there are also some digital asset, such as ipo stocks on online pawn shop?
provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:02:14 PM

the exchange is coinpod, will open soon.
alexje

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:29:25 PM

What's the good news for the bitcoin, he's growth to $525 now..

If you figure that out what drives the price of bitcoin I think there are a lot of people who would be interested in talking to you, haha

I don’t say that I figured out what drives the price, I was at work just curious if there were some positive news that cause the Bitcoin to rise..
Bitcoins value is about ask and selling. The value is determined by perception. Instead of the trust of some government entity being evaluated to determine the value of Bitcoin, other factors (the technology, widespread acceptance, understanding of e-money, etc.) are taken into consideration. When magazines and online entities write intriguing articles about Bitcoin, people take interest in it, the demand goes up and so does its value v. government-back currencies. When people get nervous,  cause China banned the Bitcoin there will be drops in BTC's value.

These events can drive the price up:
•   Investor speculation (e.g. Hedge funds, Winklvii ETF)
•   US government announces reasonable regulations
•   Adoption by many small and medium merchants (e.g. Newegg, Starbucks, Netflix, Chicago Sun-Times) or by one major merchant (e.g. Google, Amazon, Target, Walmart, Ebay)
•   Bank advertises bitcoin support (e.g. Circle, Wells Fargo)
•   Financial crisis (e.g. Argentina, Spain, Italy, Greece)
•   Emerging bitcoin market buyup (e.g. China in November 2013)
•   China eases regulations

These events can drive the price down:
•   Governments announce strict regulations (eg US restricting fungibility, Russian ban)
•   Liquidity issues (e.g. Mt. Gox failure)
•   Illegal activities by 0.000001% of Bitcoiners followed by media smearing Bitcoin
•   51% attack (Knock it off ghash.io!)
•   Bug or flaw discovered in the Bitcoin protocol
•   Stubborn minors keep the average transaction limit at 7 transaction/sec, many transactions are left unprocessed
•   Altcoin takeover (e.g. Dogecoin charms the world)

China said they would close bankaccount, and that’s not happened…

Maybe this news did it:
http://fredw-catharsisours.blogspot.nl/2014/04/bitcoin-updates-april-16-2014-price-of.html
Or this:
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/548311/20140416/bitcoin-atm-australia-sydney.htm#.U06tw02KCJA
Or this:
http://techstockbull.com/articles/bitcoin-breakout-alert-all-eyes-on-520-technical-resistance/
Or this:
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/04/16/former-bitcoin-exchange-mt-gox-set-to-liquidate-in-absence-of-revival-plan/

And there is someone who wants to buy Mt. Gox:
http://www.coindesk.com/potential-mt-gox-buyer-exchange-important-role-bitcoins-future/

Greetz
pastet89

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 04:32:09 PM

what does it mean?

10K pawncoin equals 1btc

30K pawncoin=1BTC
or
20K pawncoin=1BTC
or
10K pawncoin=1BTC

dev can think about it.

that's really a good idea, i will support this.

buy it seems there are also some digital asset, such as ipo stocks on online pawn shop?
Digital assets to tie the price to?
Please, explain. As well as IPO stocks of Pawnshop I hear for my first time, to admit.

Cryptostats.es
alexje

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:45:50 PM

- As devs said target price is 1$ to 5$ they can set it for a target and of course all of use wants it. But remember, it just needs to be done gradually so the market can load these changes. It is principle of economic. In fact, I talked to a friend economist and shared to him my idea and he told me it is nice and it will really rise the price, but to work it should be done this way.

I really like this idea and it was something I was thinking of myself - at least, the fact that if it's too high too fast that could be a problem.  I also think the pawnshop will need those of us involved from the launch to really participate heavily in the beginning to get things running.  I personally am going to try and unload a lot of physical goods on the pawnshop.

Talked to my director of economics, he also said this is a great idea to rise the price without dumping. This in combination with the minimum Pawn selling price on the exchange should really do the trick!
tAP

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:18:06 PM

What's the good news for the bitcoin, he's growth to $525 now..

If you figure that out what drives the price of bitcoin I think there are a lot of people who would be interested in talking to you, haha

I don’t say that I figured out what drives the price, I was at work just curious if there were some positive news that cause the Bitcoin to rise..
Bitcoins value is about ask and selling. The value is determined by perception. Instead of the trust of some government entity being evaluated to determine the value of Bitcoin, other factors (the technology, widespread acceptance, understanding of e-money, etc.) are taken into consideration. When magazines and online entities write intriguing articles about Bitcoin, people take interest in it, the demand goes up and so does its value v. government-back currencies. When people get nervous,  cause China banned the Bitcoin there will be drops in BTC's value.

These events can drive the price up:
•   Investor speculation (e.g. Hedge funds, Winklvii ETF)
•   US government announces reasonable regulations
•   Adoption by many small and medium merchants (e.g. Newegg, Starbucks, Netflix, Chicago Sun-Times) or by one major merchant (e.g. Google, Amazon, Target, Walmart, Ebay)
•   Bank advertises bitcoin support (e.g. Circle, Wells Fargo)
•   Financial crisis (e.g. Argentina, Spain, Italy, Greece)
•   Emerging bitcoin market buyup (e.g. China in November 2013)
•   China eases regulations

These events can drive the price down:
•   Governments announce strict regulations (eg US restricting fungibility, Russian ban)
•   Liquidity issues (e.g. Mt. Gox failure)
•   Illegal activities by 0.000001% of Bitcoiners followed by media smearing Bitcoin
•   51% attack (Knock it off ghash.io!)
•   Bug or flaw discovered in the Bitcoin protocol
•   Stubborn minors keep the average transaction limit at 7 transaction/sec, many transactions are left unprocessed
•   Altcoin takeover (e.g. Dogecoin charms the world)

China said they would close bankaccount, and that’s not happened…

Maybe this news did it:
http://fredw-catharsisours.blogspot.nl/2014/04/bitcoin-updates-april-16-2014-price-of.html
Or this:
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/548311/20140416/bitcoin-atm-australia-sydney.htm#.U06tw02KCJA
Or this:
http://techstockbull.com/articles/bitcoin-breakout-alert-all-eyes-on-520-technical-resistance/
Or this:
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/04/16/former-bitcoin-exchange-mt-gox-set-to-liquidate-in-absence-of-revival-plan/

And there is someone who wants to buy Mt. Gox:
http://www.coindesk.com/potential-mt-gox-buyer-exchange-important-role-bitcoins-future/

Greetz

No I know, I was just saying basically that who really knows?  It seems bitcoin just does whatever it wants, regardless of news/markets sometimes haha.

LP Hartley
pastet89

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 06:04:47 PM

SSL Fix wallet:
https://mega.co.nz/#!x5MREKDC!Z8kLD1_wKx7W3wFvktZCwhx2z5qsOTQUNb3YdBqoS7w

http://www.epawncoin.com/
link :
https://mega.co.nz/#!VwUXzJRR!uvBGpiU-5tPlpTzzeM8p41pQ66msVRjkmUF65yDL2ww

It's not very difficult to change the link   Angry

Investors know that the devil is in the details

Bump...

Cryptostats.es
tAP

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:16:36 PM

Doesn't affect me... but it affects a ton of people! +1

LP Hartley
tAP

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:00:35 PM

Alright, too quiet around here

LP Hartley
maccie

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:10:48 PM

Alright, too quiet around here

Quiet here, but there are much action in poloniex Smiley. We are over 3000!

Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 179 »
  Print  

Jump to: