Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:35:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FlutterCoin FLT Proof Of Transaction Cash Back for Sending & Recieving  (Read 368012 times)
thekidcoin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:19:55 PM

Love the look of this coin and think it has the potential to do a black coin type run, but to be realistic what price do you think this coin could possibly reach? Is $1 a bridge to far or could it be achieved?
Don't see why not - seeing that 99.9% of these other coins present nothing new except new reward schemes, new scrypt variants, IPOs, limited POW mining, fancy logos, etc

I think FLT will be a slow but steady rise, which is what i want to see personally.

1MYL967PR52xiNtqSP9WphRvPzKZDjBdxn

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thekidcoin (OP)

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:20:20 PM

Love the look of this coin and think it has the potential to do a black coin type run, but to be realistic what price do you think this coin could possibly reach? Is $1 a bridge to far or could it be achieved?

If you are interested in Flutter just to speculate and dump out at the peak, expect to be disappointed for a while.  BC's run was something you do not see very often because it had a lot of factors behind it, some organic, some artificial, some pure chance - and various coincidences and incentives have to line up just right.

I don't see this happening with FLT any time soon. Maybe after the PoW phase ends things might shake up a bit, but by then who knows.  Maybe China does yet another 180 on crypto or MtGox comes back from the dead to feast on more suckers again; maybe PoT becomes front page discussion on CoinDesk and bleeds over into MarketWatch and WSJ coverage the way Scrypt-N did (assuming FUD mongers don't succeed in mislabeling it as 'just a lotto game' which they are already trying to do).  6 weeks is an eternity in crypto and anything can happen good or bad.
The PoW phase never ends.

thekidcoin (OP)

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:21:43 PM

Where did people get 25% from? It's always been 5% nothing changed...

5% isn't the max, lot of factors come into play that decide the reward.

I don't really understand how that works, nor have I taken the time to really figure out what is happening in the code.

Most of it is being busy but I'm spending a little more focus on understamding these things.  And people throw numbers around and thought I saw oit on original op or something but glad I have it from the source.

How do you find how the code operates with regard to stake.

I also hear the Mac wallet is having problems, I stalling it tonight and will look into recompiling it as well as a side project .  should be a good bit of learning!

Mac wallet works, but crashes for some people.  Likely a missing dependency trying to figure that one out...

stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:34:28 PM

Since kidcoin already has a lot on his plate, I think we should start discussing how to get a multipool created. How much would it cost? Should we reach out to current pool operators?

bounty or we could hire someone..

i'm just saying we need to start throwing some options around. kidcoin and trujillo are both pretty damn busy. it's the least we could do.

Hashcow has been implementing multipool payouts in various PoS coins (Mint, FAC, BC). It is not a personalized multipool, but it could be a start. I think it would be best in the long run to have a multipool dedicated specifically to FLT, though.

Edit: just realized how old this post that I am responding to is. Perhaps this is not relevant anymore.
mikeymillie

Activity: 370

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:01:14 AM

If you are interested in Flutter just to speculate and dump out at the peak, expect to be disappointed for a while.  BC's run was something you do not see very often because it had a lot of factors behind it, some organic, some artificial, some pure chance - and various coincidences and incentives have to line up just right.

I don't see this happening with FLT any time soon. Maybe after the PoW phase ends things might shake up a bit, but by then who knows.  Maybe China does yet another 180 on crypto or MtGox comes back from the dead to feast on more suckers again; maybe PoT becomes front page discussion on CoinDesk and bleeds over into MarketWatch and WSJ coverage the way Scrypt-N did (assuming FUD mongers don't succeed in mislabeling it as 'just a lotto game' which they are already trying to do).  6 weeks is an eternity in crypto and anything can happen good or bad.

My mistake,  I thought this coin halved until there was no reward left, but that's not correct.  Still, the last halving usually means a coin drops off predatory multipool radar screens so there is one less factor to keep an eye on (and to worry people about being unexpectedly dumped on). 

Tipping and merchant use will really be fascinating with the PoT rewards delivering more and more new coins into the economy of spenders rather than of savers.  As someone who thinks that inflation isn't necessarily bad in a thriving economy (because it accelerates the overall velocity of money, and decreases the importance of absolute price for goods and services with respect to the currency while increasing their importance of their value with respect to each other) I like the idea of a little inflation. Especially as PoT 'pays you back' as a spender who is doing the work of price evaluation of goods, instead of paying back people who just sit on piles of currency and let the rest of the economy do the work of being an economy while they just charge rent.
thekidcoin (OP)

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:07:50 AM

My mistake,  I thought this coin halved until there was no reward left, but that's not correct.  Still, the last halving usually means a coin drops off predatory multipool radar screens so there is one less factor to keep an eye on (and to worry people about being unexpectedly dumped on). 

Tipping and merchant use will really be fascinating with the PoT rewards delivering more and more new coins into the economy of spenders rather than of savers.  As someone who thinks that inflation isn't necessarily bad in a thriving economy (because it accelerates the overall velocity of money, and decreases the importance of absolute price for goods and services with respect to the currency while increasing their importance of their value with respect to each other) I like the idea of a little inflation. Especially as PoT 'pays you back' as a spender who is doing the work of price evaluation of goods, instead of paying back people who just sit on piles of currency and let the rest of the economy do the work of being an economy while they just charge rent.
Exactly... Ever if the price were to rise high, it may not be profitable, and even if it were, what's dumping hundreds of coins into millions.

ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:01:33 AM

Since kidcoin already has a lot on his plate, I think we should start discussing how to get a multipool created. How much would it cost? Should we reach out to current pool operators?

i'm just saying we need to start throwing some options around. kidcoin and trujillo are both pretty damn busy. it's the least we could do.

Hashcow has been implementing multipool payouts in various PoS coins (Mint, FAC, BC). It is not a personalized multipool, but it could be a start. I think it would be best in the long run to have a multipool dedicated specifically to FLT, though.

Edit: just realized how old this post that I am responding to is. Perhaps this is not relevant anymore.

No reason why we couldn't ask hashcows to add it as a payout option, all that hashrate could start pointing it at buying up flt until flutter pool is ready?  How long we talking?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
stormia

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:10:46 AM

No reason why we couldn't ask hashcows to add it as a payout option, all that hashrate could start pointing it at buying up flt until flutter pool is ready?  How long we talking?

Nearmiss is the person to talk to about the possibility of getting a hashcow payout option for FLT: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=106197
He is who set it up for Mint/FAC/BC/etc.
Trujillo

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:13:29 AM

Nearmiss is the person to talk to about the possibility of getting a hashcow payout option for FLT: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=106197

Our team is not interested in having a 3rd party operate the multipool. We've been working on a dedicated one for FLT and it's beta release is on Saturday. If anyone would like to take part in the beta please email Beta@fluttercoinpool.com with your mining rig info and availability.
stormia

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:26:30 AM

Our team is not interested in having a 3rd party operate the multipool. We've been working on a dedicated one for FLT and it's beta release is on Saturday. If anyone would like to take part in the beta please email Beta@fluttercoinpool.com with your mining rig info and availability.

Excellent! That is much better!
Collegestudent

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

The blockchain is the future

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:44:16 AM

Guys whats the trouble with Mac wallet i have a friend who can help. Just dmed him waiting for him to come here. and btw the old logo is much better dont kill the coin haha. and the coin is excellent the way it is, just wait folks we are on the train atm.
MystPhysX

Activity: 597

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:29:52 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2014, 04:02:33 AM by MystPhysX

OSX WALLET BY MYSTPHYSX

Hey guys,

Collegestudent requested that I take a shot at building the wallet to get rid of any problems you guys might have.

Here's the link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60507461/FlutterCoin-Qt.zip

Do you guys want an unlock button for the wallet?

Please PM me if there's anything wrong.

Tips: FBkDDLqTgDsBxcsGYdkYGuttqZQKjzZxnj

Screenshot:

alkaint

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:33:08 AM

i don't own personally a mac but thanks alot man for your efforts
thekidcoin (OP)

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:34:59 AM

OSX WALLET BY MYSTPHYSX

Hey guys,

Collegestudent requested that I take a shot at building the wallet to get rid of any problems you guys might have.

Here's the link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60507461/FlutterCoin-Qt.zip

Screenshot:

Can you share how you built yours or why my build crashes on some macs and not others?

I can build it without issue - it just crashes for people (not for me though)

Thanks for your help!

gpuminer

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:48:09 AM

can someone post a simple guide to PoS mining for FLT ?

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. Sw4sYCL3h9NjLu1i9d6YSSsuQZQztFR7jW
thekidcoin (OP)

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:55:13 AM

can someone post a simple guide to PoS mining for FLT ?

Here seriously is as simple as it gets... Open your wallet after your coins have been sitting there un-moved for at least 30 days, unlock your wallet via Settings > "unlock wallet...", the stake meter at the bottom should tell you the estimated time till the next POS reward.  Leave your wallet open if it is within the next few minutes/hours, when a POS block is mined the staked coins will be unavailable to spend until the block has matured.

MystPhysX

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:06:00 AM

FOLLOW THIS IF YOU GET AN ERROR USING MY WALLET

1. Go to Application support by pressing cmd+shift+g in Finder an typing "/Users/*username*/Library/Application Support/" where *username* is your username.

2. Enter the FlutterCoin folder and copy wallet.dat to documents.

3. Reopen my wallet .app

4. If it works now then close it and copy back the wallet.dat file you copied to documents. Replace if asked.

You should be good to go.

MystPhysX

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:09:40 AM

Can you share how you built yours or why my build crashes on some macs and not others?

I can build it without issue - it just crashes for people (not for me though)

Thanks for your help!
I'd wait for at least 2 confirmations that it works before I say anything. Smiley

Collegestudent

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:33:59 AM

Guys tip him, i reuqested a mac wallet even tho i dont own a mac myself so tip me as well if you want in FLTs hahah

FCZRUMG5NBC2EVdAA2B4G1Mz5Y7bvCd6za

and btw kidcoin, this guys pretty good so if u wanna make him part of your team as tech support i'd go for it.
Collegestudent

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:47:18 AM

OSX WALLET BY MYSTPHYSX

Hey guys,

Screenshot:

Just sent a 100FLTs hahah
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: