Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:20:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FlutterCoin FLT Proof Of Transaction Cash Back for Sending & Recieving  (Read 368009 times)
mikeymillie

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:21:05 PM

If you guys are gonna monologue, please use facts, not myth.

In two posts I heard mention of multipools and KGW - Won't even comment further than below. 

KGW does nothing to stop multipools, KGW does what we do, but in a different way. 

Multipools don't have enough coins to catastrophically dump each day (900k).  Come Saturday they will (this is if they mined every block - which they aren't not even by a long shot) 450k coins each day.

Multipools are almost no factor now and will be no factor in the future,

I think it's pretty clear from my post that I know damn well the block halving will eventually address this mine-raping problem.  I still think it would be better if it didn't happen in the first place, but whatever.  Way to go with the misdirection.

The lack of community engagement is most of what my post was about, and I am afraid there's nothing wrong with my facts there.  That 2-3 sat shitcoin I was alluding to, which had a 30 BTC sell wall but a fantastic community effort run by the dev?   It's 11 sats today - 30 BTC + additional 40 BTC of sell wall vaporised. 

They kept the community fired up despite the deplorable outlook and when they were ready to introduce something semi-newsworthy today (they added a PoS system to a plain vanilla PoW coin), and they had all the right eyes in place to make the market come back to life and blow the lid off that sell pressure.  It may well die back down in a few days but this is a textbook case of investing in the community instead of being indifferent to it, and having it pay off by multiplying your efforts.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thekidcoin (OP)

Activity: 308

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:08:11 PM

To everyone asking for KGW implmentation, you must realize that our block halving schedule addresses this problem, just in a more stable/long-term fashion. From what I've seen, it seems like everyone wants multipools to stop dumping their Fluttercoin so it can go "to the moon." The flaw in this logic is that an extremely quick rise in price would not be stable and lead to a harsh drop as well. Instead of allowing this to happen we took the route that allows for consistent upwards growth as it is best for FLT long-term.

We've experienced periods like this in the past, after our quick rise to 900 satoshi. Price declined over the weeks following this and got all the way down to 150 sat. before rebounding to a 2,700 sat. high. I expect this trend to repeat again, as that's what markets do. Those who have weak hands will not be rewarded and those who do not will be. It's happened before and will continue to happen until people eventually learn the lesson.

Not to mention:  KGW is just a fancy name for adjusting difficulty per block - which we already do

1MYL967PR52xiNtqSP9WphRvPzKZDjBdxn
thekidcoin (OP)

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:13:04 PM

To everyone asking for KGW implmentation, you must realize that our block halving schedule addresses this problem, just in a more stable/long-term fashion. From what I've seen, it seems like everyone wants multipools to stop dumping their Fluttercoin so it can go "to the moon." The flaw in this logic is that an extremely quick rise in price would not be stable and lead to a harsh drop as well. Instead of allowing this to happen we took the route that allows for consistent upwards growth as it is best for FLT long-term.

We've experienced periods like this in the past, after our quick rise to 900 satoshi. Price declined over the weeks following this and got all the way down to 150 sat. before rebounding to a 2,700 sat. high. I expect this trend to repeat again, as that's what markets do. Those who have weak hands will not be rewarded and those who do not will be. It's happened before and will continue to happen until people eventually learn the lesson.

Not to mention:  KGW is just a fancy name for adjusting difficulty per block - which we already do

Not to mention: People think multipools can somehow mine and dump more coins than are available each day - the max number of coins each day as of today are 720 x 1250 = 900,000 - 2 weeks ago it was 3,600,000

Saturday it will be 450,000, next Saturday it will be 225,000, 3rd Saturday is 112,500

These people simply want this:  get rich on a little 1 BTC investment, dump their coins - and fast.

homeiss

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:13:43 PM

In two posts I heard mention of multipools and KGW - Won't even comment further than below. 

KGW does nothing to stop multipools, KGW does what we do, but in a different way. 

Multipools don't have enough coins to catastrophically dump each day (900k).  Come Saturday they will (this is if they mined every block - which they aren't not even by a long shot) 450k coins each day.

I think it's pretty clear from my post that I know damn well the block halving will eventually address this mine-raping problem.  I still think it would be better if it didn't happen in the first place, but whatever.  Way to go with the misdirection.

The lack of community engagement is most of what my post was about, and I am afraid there's nothing wrong with my facts there.  That 2-3 sat shitcoin I was alluding to, which had a 30 BTC sell wall but a fantastic community effort run by the dev?   It's 11 sats today - 30 BTC + additional 40 BTC of sell wall vaporised. 

They kept the community fired up despite the deplorable outlook and when they were ready to introduce something semi-newsworthy today (they added a PoS system to a plain vanilla PoW coin), and they had all the right eyes in place to make the market come back to life and blow the lid off that sell pressure.  It may well die back down in a few days but this is a textbook case of investing in the community instead of being indifferent to it, and having it pay off by multiplying your efforts.

Cool story bro...

Pass the Flutter: F7PjYAf7stemsejKHWarkjC1sb5FqbsnhZ
thekidcoin (OP)

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:14:59 PM

Cool story bro...

lol

mikeymillie

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:24:35 PM

Cool story bro...

you misspelled "I have no clue whatsoever how to answer"
Traderberg

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:44:03 PM

Read this genius tweet from twitter:

What if FLT multipool mines on BC multipool while the latter is mining FLT via PoW? mine FLT -> sell FLT -> buy BC -> sell BC -> buy FLT Include other hot coins like Cinnicoin (up 50%) in today's market.

lol

I'm the one who knocks!
etfgeek

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:28:49 PM

Multipools don't have enough coins to catastrophically dump each day (900k).  Come Saturday they will (this is if they mined every block - which they aren't not even by a long shot) 450k coins each day.

I think it's pretty clear from my post that I know damn well the block halving will eventually address this mine-raping problem.  I still think it would be better if it didn't happen in the first place, but whatever.  Way to go with the misdirection.

The lack of community engagement is most of what my post was about, and I am afraid there's nothing wrong with my facts there.  That 2-3 sat shitcoin I was alluding to, which had a 30 BTC sell wall but a fantastic community effort run by the dev?   It's 11 sats today - 30 BTC + additional 40 BTC of sell wall vaporised.  

They kept the community fired up despite the deplorable outlook and when they were ready to introduce something semi-newsworthy today (they added a PoS system to a plain vanilla PoW coin), and they had all the right eyes in place to make the market come back to life and blow the lid off that sell pressure.  It may well die back down in a few days but this is a textbook case of investing in the community instead of being indifferent to it, and having it pay off by multiplying your efforts.

Cool story bro...

lol

are there any others devs or is it only you?
thekidcoin (OP)

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:42:52 PM

Multipools don't have enough coins to catastrophically dump each day (900k).  Come Saturday they will (this is if they mined every block - which they aren't not even by a long shot) 450k coins each day.

I think it's pretty clear from my post that I know damn well the block halving will eventually address this mine-raping problem.  I still think it would be better if it didn't happen in the first place, but whatever.  Way to go with the misdirection.

The lack of community engagement is most of what my post was about, and I am afraid there's nothing wrong with my facts there.  That 2-3 sat shitcoin I was alluding to, which had a 30 BTC sell wall but a fantastic community effort run by the dev?   It's 11 sats today - 30 BTC + additional 40 BTC of sell wall vaporised.  

They kept the community fired up despite the deplorable outlook and when they were ready to introduce something semi-newsworthy today (they added a PoS system to a plain vanilla PoW coin), and they had all the right eyes in place to make the market come back to life and blow the lid off that sell pressure.  It may well die back down in a few days but this is a textbook case of investing in the community instead of being indifferent to it, and having it pay off by multiplying your efforts.

Cool story bro...

lol

are there any others devs or is it only you?

Trujillo, some other folks doing the multipool stuff, etc

etfgeek

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:46:09 PM

Nice truckload dumping happening, this market really wants to crash through 1200 support and kill trendline.  "900 sats" troll may have been on to something after all.  Angry

Maybe I'll dip more toes in this pool when it gets to 800 or so, cannot go wrong there. But, there are sure some unhappy campers who bought at 2000+   Shocked   Guess they have to wait. As will I.
Mpare

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:03:22 AM

be·ta noun \ˈbā-tə, chiefly British ˈbē-\
: the second letter of the Greek alphabet

: a version of a product (such as a computer program) that is almost finished and that is used for testing

AΛΦA post mate. Greetings from Greece. Wink
ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:51:30 AM

This coin is a bargain right now, buy what your comfortable holding and take a deep breath.  I have to keep telling myself why I bought flt in the first place.  Need more places to spend it though.  Get some retailers to see the benefits of PoT and security of PoS, can someone crasft a letter we could send out to some retailers like Lane Bryant, ulta, etc.  And need to get on other things locally.  Is there a possibility of a credit card style backing, we can fill a wallet with flt and I can use my card at the gas station?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
ofeefee
Legendary

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:52:23 AM

I saw a post from cryptonator, they are supporting iPhone app now, can we convert flt with them?  I'll check later.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
thekidcoin (OP)

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:10:41 AM

This coin is a bargain right now, buy what your comfortable holding and take a deep breath.  I have to keep telling myself why I bought flt in the first place.  Need more places to spend it though.  Get some retailers to see the benefits of PoT and security of PoS, can someone crasft a letter we could send out to some retailers like Lane Bryant, ulta, etc.  And need to get on other things locally.  Is there a possibility of a credit card style backing, we can fill a wallet with flt and I can use my card at the gas station?
again - this is not a "woman's" coin LOL Think friendly I guess.  But any store will help.

We need a payment processor and more publicity really...

miningwithus

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:53:37 AM

https://i.imgur.com/RonVFOx.png
flutter.miningwith.us
Come throw some hash at us!
thekidcoin (OP)

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:15:10 AM

ALL:  Big mistake with the toal PoW calculation of coins.  Its actually 10% LESS

Total PoW coins output is actually around 200 million

ofeefee
Legendary

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:23:54 AM

Another option I'll throw out there...do we have anyone who has organized a group buy, we could pool shares to purchase a titan or an A2, to run on the pool?

I'd be intrerested in getting shares of one., but I want to mine on Multipool and not just litecoin at the will of whoever has the box.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
Wh1teKn1ght

Activity: 339
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:32:18 AM

I got one PoT reward in March, and that's all. It's very hard to get PoT, you should be extremely lucky. This is the reason I don't understand why some people praise it so much. Yes, theoretically it's great, yes, it's a new feature (and I like innovations), and yes, you might catch this PoT... some day, somewhere, somehow... but in general for me personally it's almost non-existent and unimportant.

As of now I'd give more praise to PoS than to PoT because PoS can bring you a real profit while PoT is just a lottery with a small prize, and this prize will get lower and lower with block reward halving because PoS gives you 50% of the current PoW block reward. Let's say, If you could possibly win a $10 prize once a year would it really matter to you?

I'd like to see PoT given some kind of sliding scale so that every transaction can pay back a tiny amount (even if it's just barely a few satoshis or fluttaishis or whatever) or you can elect to notch it up to larger payouts that are more and more random.  That way if you want to take chances for fun, sure go for it and set it to 2500 FLT at max odds, or set it to 1 FLT at guaranteed odds - in both cases the minimum Xfer to qualify should be appropriate as well, i.e. the 1 FLT payout requires 100 FLT transfer.  I realize that PoT is basically a kind of one-transaction-at-a-time iterative mining process so the randomness of PoT rewards is derived from the natural randomness of mining a block. Given this, a PoT peer to peer reward pool might need to exist to take large PoT rewards and pool them into payout streams in order to make PoT 'feel' more like a reward system and less like a lottery for those who aren't really into the chance reward concept (which I suspect is most people).  

I agree with this statement that the PoT system needs to change to make it actually useful. I understand the concern about bots creating wallets and sending transactions back and forth 24/7 to trigger the PoT if it were made easier, but couldn't having some kind of Captcha recognition built in to mitigate that scenario?
thekidcoin (OP)

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:07:46 AM

I got one PoT reward in March, and that's all. It's very hard to get PoT, you should be extremely lucky. This is the reason I don't understand why some people praise it so much. Yes, theoretically it's great, yes, it's a new feature (and I like innovations), and yes, you might catch this PoT... some day, somewhere, somehow... but in general for me personally it's almost non-existent and unimportant.

As of now I'd give more praise to PoS than to PoT because PoS can bring you a real profit while PoT is just a lottery with a small prize, and this prize will get lower and lower with block reward halving because PoS gives you 50% of the current PoW block reward. Let's say, If you could possibly win a $10 prize once a year would it really matter to you?

I'd like to see PoT given some kind of sliding scale so that every transaction can pay back a tiny amount (even if it's just barely a few satoshis or fluttaishis or whatever) or you can elect to notch it up to larger payouts that are more and more random.  That way if you want to take chances for fun, sure go for it and set it to 2500 FLT at max odds, or set it to 1 FLT at guaranteed odds - in both cases the minimum Xfer to qualify should be appropriate as well, i.e. the 1 FLT payout requires 100 FLT transfer.  I realize that PoT is basically a kind of one-transaction-at-a-time iterative mining process so the randomness of PoT rewards is derived from the natural randomness of mining a block. Given this, a PoT peer to peer reward pool might need to exist to take large PoT rewards and pool them into payout streams in order to make PoT 'feel' more like a reward system and less like a lottery for those who aren't really into the chance reward concept (which I suspect is most people).  

I agree with this statement that the PoT system needs to change to make it actually useful. I understand the concern about bots creating wallets and sending transactions back and forth 24/7 to trigger the PoT if it were made easier, but couldn't having some kind of Captcha recognition built in to mitigate that scenario?
No - PoT is determined by the mined block, and also this would eliminate all transactions originated via merchants.

But likely it will be made easier after the rewards drop - but the reward for PoT will also drop in turn - and the minimum transaction value will stay particularly high so transaction fees will eat up any potential rewards via automated systems.

Also, PoT usefulness is more than the reward's its more about security.

mikeymillie

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:18:04 AM

Here's a cool story bros:   

Although I think you might regret doing that Mr.  1.9 million seller,  I can't say I blame you right now. 
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: