Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:34:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: are ICOs really dead?  (Read 108004 times)
superstarbtc

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 06:57:55 PM

icos are having a tough time in the market due to eth drop down in prices and new projects are struggling to gain developments cost and listing fees and fundraising is becoming a difficulty for most of the ico companies
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 07:05:54 PM

ICOs have been affected also by the weak and bearish market conditions just like all other existing projects. Some scams or bad projects are always going to be there so need to be extra cautious.
Altryist
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1340

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 07:12:55 PM

Now there is such a period that many projects simply do not conduct ICO because there will be poor fundraising, the cryptocurrency market is now in decline and you should not expect another. It is necessary to wait until growth begins again and the ICO resumes with a new force.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
aundroid
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1247

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 07:21:44 PM

I do not know the exact word to describe the current ICO stats, but almost every ICO I joined starting from April 2018 is in a state of paused, scam, running Huh, and finally ended but the distribution did not happen until now for investors and bounty both. Only 3 ICO out of so many that actually managed to finish ICO and even get listed. I have seen some ICO running for a couple of months now and they did not even raise $100,000.

Looks like you follow the wrong projects. I know quite a lot of projects that raise (almost) their hardcap.
Like e.g. Arround ($30 M), Athero ($19 M) and a lot more ...

In my opinion ICOs are far away from being dead.

►►►     MY TOPICS     ◄◄◄
➤ Blockchain Basics - FAQ DE    ➤ [Guide] Protect your Crypto: Security tips for your home computer & network DE | EN    ➤ Crypto SCAM - HowTo protect yourself EN    ➤ [CHECKLISTE] zur Bewertung von ICOs  DE
➤ [Overview] Exchanges, IEOs and their ROIs DE | EN   ➤ [Howto] Use Ledger Nano as Security Key DE | EN    ➤ [OVERVIEW] Recommended Crypto Telegram Bots  DE | EN    ➤ [Overview] GUI Miner DE | EN
➤ Activity, Merit und Ranganforderungen im Forum DE    ➤ Alternativen zu Piggy's Notification Bot DE    ➤ [Howto] Give Bitcoin as a gift  DE | EN
rjefferson

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 07:29:31 PM

I don't think that icos is dead. Cause still there have lot of good icos. We just need to search them and need to study about them.

ya, I agree. icos have have definitely brought some amazing projects into fruition
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 07:36:08 PM

There was this report from ICO bench a couple of days ago. I guess it was already mentioned here in this thread. It says that ICOs that finished in the first half of January 2019, raised around $160 million. So apparently ICOs are dead at all but I have to say this number surprised me. 160 million is a massive amount and from my personal feelings I thought ICOs are struggeling nowadays.

SaRmY

Activity: 645
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 07:48:20 PM

Judging by the hunt can be assumed. That 90% of projects are simply dead. And there are no chances to get enough profit neither for investors nor for hunters. So I think we have a big problem.
Andrey13101991

Activity: 551

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 07:54:31 PM

Now I personally do not invest in ICO projects, but I think that they are still alive and I am taking part in the bounty campaigns
Cloud_miner

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 08:03:26 PM

If the projects were dead, then they would not appear - two or three new every day. And since they continue to appear, and the number of new projects does not decrease, it means that there is a demand for them and we cannot say that something is wrong with them. After some time, everything will recover again and it will be as before.
baigreen

Activity: 625

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 08:11:05 PM

Develop money is a guarantee of project success? I think not. Do not fraudsters can not move the slider and say we almost collected the hard to invest more. Now most of the projects look very bad. I have seen investors swear that their investments will not be returned. And they invested large sums of money.

I think all 2019 is the last.
IndianaJons

Activity: 336

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 08:30:32 PM

After participating in several ICO project, which turned out to be scam projects. My hard earned money disappeared in to thin air, with no way to trace or recover my money back. I had to act like it never happened to get it off my mind and move on.

Are ICOs really dead and do you still invest in ICO projects?

It seems so. Now at least 50% of all conducted by ICO - is a scam. Because of them, normal projects also suffer, because fraudsters destroy the desire to invest in new projects.

Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 08:58:19 PM

ICOs are not dear par say but at same time they are dying slowly. For instance, if you look back to 2017 ICO boom and compare it to what we had last year and till now, you'll notice a heavy decline both in participants and money raised. Most of the few ones around now are just scam. People now prefer to buy the Tokens after listed on exchanges and dump off at any pump.
joybella

Activity: 370
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 09:07:24 PM

Kind of as investors have lost hope in this bear market. ICOs don't tend to do well again some never gets listed I know like 3 projects that got the hype during their ICO it's almost a year now one is 361 days today since ico not on exchange yet. Imagine if an investors had his whole stakes on such project.
pcfli
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1000

SafeHaven.Finance

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 09:15:04 PM

ICOs are dead because of dead prices and i do not believe to recovery anymore. This year is not special. Some technical analysis methods don't work in young crypto markets.

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄████████████████▀

▄████████████████▀
    █
 ▄█████████████▀▀   ▄█
  ▐█
▄██████████▀▀  ▄▄▄████
  ▐█▄
████████▀ ▄███████████
  ▐██
██████▀▄████████▀▄███▌
  ███
█████ ██████▀▀▄▄████▀
  ████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
  ▄████▀
 ▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  ▄▄█████▀
  ▀
▄▄▄██████████████████▀
 ▄▀ ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
..HAVEN..
[Community Driven DeFi
Project Built on BSC
]▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█░███████████████████████░█
█░█████░░░░░█░▀██████████░█
█░█████░░░░░█░░░▀████████░█
█░█████░░▀▀░█░░░░░▀██████░█

█░█████░░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████░█
█░█████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░█████░█
█░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░█
█░███████████████████████░█
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
█████████████████████████

█████████████
gerjiss

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 09:37:10 PM

ICO are not dead, but at the moment they can not raise enough funds, so they are stretched for a very long time.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 09:47:47 PM

With so many scam ICO it's normal they aren't doing good and people are more careful. ICOs should first offer some type of a byproduct a beta version of a sort instead of asking money for nothing. It's not only the problem of ICOs. Many projects on gofundme are scams as well and this is the same thing. They are making you feel like they're innovators who will make you money and then something goes wrong and they're gone.
rafi035

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 09:48:39 PM

ICOs are dead because of dead prices and i do not believe to recovery anymore. This year is not special. Some technical analysis methods don't work in young crypto markets.
no ico doesn't die, only ico is bad and weak who dies. surely there are still ico who survive and are good because they have a team with strong potential. yes indeed even though we have carried out the analysis, we can still be deceived, because it all depends on our luck.
Mr.Spreadthehamster

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 10:31:39 PM

Really good projects will be able to overcome this unfavorable period in the market. Let it take more time, but if the product is in demand, he will be able to overcome all the obstacles in his path.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
Freddie Aguiluz

Activity: 401

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 10:33:46 PM

I don't think they are. It's just that you had chosen a project that people were not very interested in. But on the other hand, it's also true that there is no 100% way of saying whether a particular ICO will become successful. Even if the project looks so promising or the respected teams involve were popularly known in their respective field. Investing in cryptocurrency as we all know were very much risky that there was really no way of knowing the possible outcome. When we do invest, "hope" was the only thing left for us to hold on.
I'm so sorry for what you've experienced OP. But don't be fully disheartened. Maybe next time will be a fruitful one. And invest only what you can afford to lose.
Emilyp

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 10:40:35 PM

A lot of ICOs in the last year's have turned into what I'd call bad investment. Many of these have abruptly refused to release the tokens of investors citing the bear market, their claim is when the mark recovers they will release the tokens. What most of them have succeeded in is to scare investors away and other ICOs are now struggling.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: