Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:08:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it ok to lock your bounty for 4 months  (Read 21564 times)
Fumzy

Activity: 255
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 05:58:46 PM

Ok I received my liker coins this month but unfortunately, I would have to wait for 4 months or the month of May before they let me trade their token, do you think this is ok they never mentioned that they are going to lock for 4 months during the bounty period, what's your thoughts on this?

This is their thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5061763

This is what they do to frustrate bounty hunters, sometimes before the end of the lock down, the token become worthless but you can't do anything about bit as they reserve the right to implement rules at any point in time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lanatsa

Activity: 2828
Merit: 648

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 09:37:49 PM

It's obviously not okay for me and I know most of the bounty participants feel that same way too. But with the current situation that we encounter with bounties these days, what is the difference anyway. I also doubt that there is a chance that you can sell your token for a good price so there is no reason to fight for it.

Exactly, each one will have a different view about the tokens, some people will show interest towards holding and some people will sell them in the market once they get the payment. We need to think them in a different way that if a company has actively given updates about their development then i am ready to hold them for more than 5 months.
Positivity is there but the doubts on how the project would succeed would be always present. Locking your bounty tokens for 4 months seems really very shady yet its a long wait
for the work you have done for them.If you can see projects progress then it might ease the doubts we are feeling but bounty rewards should really be paid up upfront as the sale ended.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
rapsa2018

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 06:41:41 AM

4 months is a long day for bounty hunter gonna paid because workers for ico project need to paid after getting money for investors who invest on their project.
panpine

Activity: 277
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 01:43:45 PM

I have encountered this problem.
This is unacceptable. It's annoying but we can't do anything but reflect on them. maybe we have to accept that because they are managers we can't do anything else

superving

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 03:15:48 PM

Its not ok for me, i do not want to lock bounty reward for 4 months.  They should.send the  bounty rewards 2 weeks after the campaign is ended.

babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 01:34:25 PM

I have encountered this problem.
This is unacceptable. It's annoying but we can't do anything but reflect on them. maybe we have to accept that because they are managers we can't do anything else

Your answered was definitely indeed true, I think its okay to join with the project campaign that has a rules like this, just make sure that project is promising and has a potential to be adopt by the community here in the near future. But if you're not sure better not to join in that campaign.
But sometimes there are some project they will only announce it once the main sale is done which is too late for us to complaint.
cryptoloverlife

Activity: 278

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 06:41:28 AM

Ok I received my liker coins this month but unfortunately, I would have to wait for 4 months or the month of May before they let me trade their token, do you think this is ok they never mentioned that they are going to lock for 4 months during the bounty period, what's your thoughts on this?

This is their thread

Well, as for me it's not ok, but locked rewards is pretty usual thing and there are few more bounties around with the same approach... It's a bear market and every founders tries to do their best to defend the project and prevent fast dump.
Its true. Its not the first time I’m hearing about it, in fact I’ve encounter and read whitepaper of projects that they openly announce locking of tokens for sometime. If OP haven’t read their whitepaper he might be surprised about it but it is part of their rights and its not in our hands anymore. Justifiably because most of bounty hunters dump their tokens immediately.

Why they are dumping their token in the market kindly understand, every company is balming the hunters. After working for more than 3 months of time, which they will not make any money but people who are launching the bounty campaign they are making a huge amount of money through crowd sales. Which they don't want to develop any more after the crowd sales, which i have faced these type of situation much time.
fourpiece

Activity: 821

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 02:14:18 PM

If its on the rules at the first place then i have no choice but to accept the decision coming  from the bounty team , but if they chnange  the rules after the bounty is over without any notice many bounters will get angry.

carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 12:08:46 PM

This is their thread

Well, as for me it's not ok, but locked rewards is pretty usual thing and there are few more bounties around with the same approach... It's a bear market and every founders tries to do their best to defend the project and prevent fast dump.
Its true. Its not the first time I’m hearing about it, in fact I’ve encounter and read whitepaper of projects that they openly announce locking of tokens for sometime. If OP haven’t read their whitepaper he might be surprised about it but it is part of their rights and its not in our hands anymore. Justifiably because most of bounty hunters dump their tokens immediately.

Why they are dumping their token in the market kindly understand, every company is balming the hunters. After working for more than 3 months of time, which they will not make any money but people who are launching the bounty campaign they are making a huge amount of money through crowd sales. Which they don't want to develop any more after the crowd sales, which i have faced these type of situation much time.
Hunters would always took the blame neither by the devs or investors itself not knowing that the main dumpers are the ones who do purchase large chunks of coins while its still on sale.Locking for too long might be strategic but majority of them will just ran away with the funds and not to turn their back into their project.The main thing on mind is n pocketing money and leave it on the ground and create a new one.
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 12:50:33 PM

If its on the rules at the first place then i have no choice but to accept the decision coming  from the bounty team , but if they chnange  the rules after the bounty is over without any notice many bounters will get angry.

More and more people are doing this now, but as I keep telling my friends who complain, nobody forced them to do that work. And I always say also, if you want good honest work where you really have to use your brain, then just freelance and do proper jobs for proper companies. Not do free easy work for ICO companies who want to give freebie tokens.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ruski

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 05:56:27 PM

I have seen many companies will take more than a year to distribute the bounties, but one thing after receiving bounty we don't see any value to the coin. We should form some rules for the companies to distribute the bounties what they specified in the thread. People who have an interest will join those bounties.

That is why many bounty campaigns actually don't promise the exact date of distribution, they just notice "after the sale" or something similar to that, in order to take the longest possible time before distributing the tokens. That's a bad sign already, because after long months of the token sale usually the token's price becomes much lower.

Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 02:17:37 PM

They have the right to do so, but I personally do not like the lock. It remains to wait and hope that the project will pay your coins. Still there is such an excuse "Unfortunatelly, in crisis situation distriburion depends on investors' demand. We hope to catch a new wave of its growth and are doing everything necessary". I have several such campaigns, I have been waiting for a long time.

Yes,they have the right to do so, but they are abusing their rights for not paying the participants, and most of the time in the end
they will suddenly applied KYC requirements for each participants, which is not in the rules of the bounty anyway. And even for locking the bounty for 4 months were it was only announced after the project was done, which was very unfair for the bounty hunters.
gerryhartell

Activity: 170

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 10:34:08 PM

I used to with it, so this is okay for me. But they did not mention before the bounty campaign, this is a shady behavior of them. They should've mentioned it at the beginning of the campaign! Right now, all the coin's price is very low, some coins dumped more than 95% from its previous price. So, this is not a good time to come in the trading market for some projects, because they will not able to protect the price. So, I don't blame them for locking up bounty tokens for months, but Liker team did mistake by not informing hunters before.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T E L E G R A M    ●    M E D I U M    ●
voltesbit777

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 04:53:37 AM

As a bounty hunter such a system is not good, most of which I see as the project works, it seems that the developer who owns the token holder will be able to make a profit first while he or she is making a lot of money in exchange, then The project team said that once the bounty hunters give the rewards they often have to beat the price in exchange, that's a big fuss and they're just making excuses.
ILScoin

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 08:28:54 PM

It's a nice idea in the terms that it prevents dumping of the tokens price to worthless price, because lots of bounties hunters don't care about the development of the project all what they care about is to get the tokens and keep dumping
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2019, 10:11:32 PM

i think it is in the best opinion of the project in the eyes of the team and developers, it is not what we can actually give our own opinion since it is morely the say of the team. the lock up period, in most cases is to allow the stability of the token/coin price in the market to allow it gain sufficient liquidity to enable them withstand the dumping from the hunters.

Redemption59

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 10:55:49 PM

This is totally insane for project managers to decide on such a decision on prior to distribution, why not before or during the bounty campaign but rather prior to distribution. Do they think this solves dumping, I know of many projects that locked their token and it even dumped more than they expected. Locking is not the antidote for dumping.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 10:22:06 AM

This is totally insane for project managers to decide on such a decision on prior to distribution, why not before or during the bounty campaign but rather prior to distribution. Do they think this solves dumping, I know of many projects that locked their token and it even dumped more than they expected. Locking is not the antidote for dumping.

Not informing about the blocking period at the very beginning is very unfair, same asn not informing that KYC will be required.
However, the idea itself is not completely insane. Often the project needs a few months to attract the eyes of investors, especially in the situation in which the market is now. So finally it can also be very profitable for bounty hunters.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 01:44:55 PM

Not informing about the blocking period at the very beginning is very unfair, same asn not informing that KYC will be required.
However, the idea itself is not completely insane. Often the project needs a few months to attract the eyes of investors, especially in the situation in which the market is now. So finally it can also be very profitable for bounty hunters.

We see this type of situation from the bounty companies. In the beginning, they won't mention any locking period and KYC but after collecting enough, they will start teasing the bounty hunters to send the documents for KYC verification. We have experienced this type of companies which sometimes we don't receive the bounty at all.

Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 06:16:11 PM

We see this type of situation from the bounty companies. In the beginning, they won't mention any locking period and KYC but after collecting enough, they will start teasing the bounty hunters to send the documents for KYC verification. We have experienced this type of companies which sometimes we don't receive the bounty at all.
And this is one of the bad experience we can have by participating in bounties.
This KYC  is the one i am affraid to do.

More project affraid of bounty hunters to sell thier token once its listed in exchange thats why owner make a move to lock the token and give it time mostly it takes 3 months before you can move your token once its locked.
They dont see that the reason of the price declining is not only bounty hunters sometimes its investors it self they are affraid lossing so they will sell thier token even with just small profit .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: