Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:53:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PCN] ProCoin: ♕ Get Some! ♕ | Build A Service - Get A Bounty - Web Wallet  (Read 45574 times)
BiffyMcBifferstein

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:13:01 PM

Just found this and started mining tonight.
PP5gqnRREtc4C2BwvnzXtDGSip4cFGdbdN — I'll accept donations  Grin but we'll see how I do in a pool as well.

Hey Biffy Cheesy

1000 PCN sent to you compliments of Major Miners Procoin Mining Pool. http://pcn.majorminers.com/

Glad you decided to give PCN a try. The dev has a lot of solid plans and there should be tangible progress in the coming weeks that really helps establish value.

Thank you very much.  I happen to find MajorMiners to be one of the better pools.  So, I stick with you and one other pretty frequently.  Smiley

Zeitcoin - Mm3rSgi34U5RMnrdusjWeK8UuWNmJu1ogq | Bitcoin - 16bpb3FBFbSvfsvXKabf7C4Zwwgwpkc4vn | Litecoin - LKJhuU68SdMPnRC1EAFimS7KNs4dXs3yrf | Dogecoin - DDeez8PhqRJkGVsu1pTF9SZEWXz3ySke56

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
majorminers

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:22:37 PM

Just found this and started mining tonight.
PP5gqnRREtc4C2BwvnzXtDGSip4cFGdbdN — I'll accept donations  Grin but we'll see how I do in a pool as well.

Hey Biffy Cheesy

1000 PCN sent to you compliments of Major Miners Procoin Mining Pool. http://pcn.majorminers.com/

Glad you decided to give PCN a try. The dev has a lot of solid plans and there should be tangible progress in the coming weeks that really helps establish value.

Thank you very much.  I happen to find MajorMiners to be one of the better pools.  So, I stick with you and one other pretty frequently.  Smiley

You're welcome! Thanks for the kind words - they're appreciated.  Grin

Potential ProCoin miners and investors, read this: http://altcoinherald.com/procoin-pcn-new-altcoin-small-business/

ainsey11

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:36:01 PM

Check out https://Chunkypools.com to mine Procoin!

see our advert below for more details :

https://i.imgur.com/Z3bCttx.jpg

Join our Pool - It is definatley worth it!
majorminers

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:37:17 PM

Just a heads up to the OP. ProCoin has been targeted for removal from the Altcoin industry by 'Operation Shitcoin Cleanup.'

Set phasers to stun.  Grin

BiffyMcBifferstein

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:25:15 PM

Just a heads up to the OP. ProCoin has been targeted for removal from the Altcoin industry by 'Operation Shitcoin Cleanup.'

Is this what's preventing my third worker from connecting?

Zeitcoin - Mm3rSgi34U5RMnrdusjWeK8UuWNmJu1ogq | Bitcoin - 16bpb3FBFbSvfsvXKabf7C4Zwwgwpkc4vn | Litecoin - LKJhuU68SdMPnRC1EAFimS7KNs4dXs3yrf | Dogecoin - DDeez8PhqRJkGVsu1pTF9SZEWXz3ySke56
majorminers

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:26:18 PM

Say what? No, nothing should be preventing you from connecting.

BiffyMcBifferstein

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:30:17 PM

Say what? No, nothing should be preventing you from connecting.

Well, I have been getting a "connection refused" most of the afternoon.  My other 2 "workers" have been going strong, so I know you're not down.  Well, now my third worker is working again.

As I said, your pools have been working very well for me, so I figured it was a fluke (and it was).  Smiley

ProCoin (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:31:55 PM

They're entitled to their opinion. Wink  They don't know the dev plans I have for this coin...
majorminers

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:46:41 PM

They're entitled to their opinion. Wink  They don't know the dev plans I have for this coin...

Agreed. I explained to them nicely that ProCoin isn't even close to meeting the definition of a 'Shit-Coin.'

2% Pre-mine (with public ledger.) Smooth launch with all wallet versions and patches applied in a timely fashion! Sounds pretty good to me!

In any event, any publicity is good publicity -as they say.

BiffyMcBifferstein

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:05:06 PM

I literally found ProCoin yesterday and I have been mining pretty hardcore with it.  Hardcore is relative, I suppose, as I don't have any really powerful miners.  A couple desktops and a laptop which I use for moments at a time, you know, so it doesn't melt.  Tongue

majorminers

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:12:36 PM

I literally found ProCoin yesterday and I have been mining pretty hardcore with it.  Hardcore is relative, I suppose, as I don't have any really powerful miners.  A couple desktops and a laptop which I use for moments at a time, you know, so it doesn't melt.  Tongue

That's awesome! The more pool workers - the merrier.

Today we've upgrade the Mining Pool to include 4 global Stratum Locations: (U.S. West/U.S. East/Europe/Asia).

Here's information: http://pcn.majorminers.com/index.php?page=gettingstarted

This should help ProCoin attract even more global miners to gain traction.

Over 13202 PCN blocks have been solved already! http://pcn.exploreblocks.com:2750/chain/Procoin. This currency is starting to spread.  Grin

ProCoin (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:22:11 PM

Thanks very much to everyone for their feedback the last 24 hours or so.  Will reply to each of them below.

And last night it became much clearer to me about how to differentiate this coin in the market and its future.  Now in the next day or two version 1.1 of the coin will be released with a bug fix, but no new features yet.  The next update will jump to version 2 and may take two to four months to develop and thoroughly test before release.

I'm passing those plans by the dev Monday just to make sure they're all doable.  If they are, and when version 2 launches, well I'm pretty sure things will never be the same again. Smiley  Well, that's the plan anyway...

I'm personally mining and investing in this coin long term since I feel it's one of the safest investments I could make.  While version 2 is under development all the marketing listed will continue to help build a strong brand and foundation for this coin long term.

Thanks very much to everyone who's supporting this coin in these very early days.  It really is appreciated, and I truly hope that during 2014 this really works out for you return on time/investment wise, since that is my intention, and is why I'm mining and investing alongside everyone else.

It hasn't been as easy as hoped to give out the pre-mine in rewards.  I'm going to continue trying to recruit people, especially for marketing tasks.  And if it does gain in value it will be much easier to pay the devs, since right now I'm paying out of my own pocket and what I have planned for version 2 may take up to $10,000 in development costs or even more.  It certainly will not be a minor upgrade, but I can't publicly say a huge amount about it at the moment I'm afraid.

Regarding cryptsy, maybe you could try to get on other exchanges too, like bittrex, atomic-trade, poloniex, etc. I like Cryptsy but it's difficult to get their attention.

You could try to make bounties for art or other stuff to promote the coin and make giveaway in other forums to get attention. Be careful though with your offer to give 20k for the next 20 responses, giveaway is not permitted at bitcointalk.

I think the most important thing is to clearly define what markets you are aiming and why your coin is different. Maybe try to contact some websites/organisations to support your coin or use your coin as payment.

I saw that on your logo it says "anonymously pay anyone", are you gonna make anonymous payments like what darkcoin is trying to do? If so maybe you could try to promote this feature and communicates about it.

Ok that's it, hope it helps Smiley

Thanks for this.  It does seem like it would be best to hold off from being on an exchange like Cryptsy for quite a while.  Will definitely look into bittrex and that should probably do for the time being along with CryptoRush.

I'm probably not going to really extend the anonymity features beyond what they currently are.  The updates I have in mind are more to fix some failings of crypto-currencies that people don't seem to paying attention to, although they're part of the reason it's difficult for these currencies to break into the mainstream.

I agree that Bittrex is a good idea soon. It could help stabilize the coin price along with increased miner activity.

I'm happy with the price movement on Cryptorush.in.

Difficulty is VERY low. Only two miners with low hash on are on my pool now: http://pcn.majorminers.com/ and they're solving blocks.

A few more could get this humming.

Key points:

1) Create a market position based on a unique selling point.
2) Increase miner interest and wallet downloads.
3) Find vendor acceptance.
4) Increase market liquidity.

All of these issues will be addressed in coming weeks. I've spoken to the dev and he's legit. If we can attract more people to Team Procoin, there's no limit to what can be accomplished - and how much money can be made.

Cheers for this.  Since the coin isn't technically very unique right now market position will have to be influenced by strength of marketing, and presenting it to a niche audience in some ways.  In particular I'm very interested in making this something that businesses, especially small businesses, are interested in using as part of their business, as I'm passionate about small businesses (being one myself).  I can start the process of focusing on that market somewhat, and version 2.0 will add a lot of features that should also help attract business.  And with press releases focusing on a business audience may help to focus the message, so I'm thinking about all that as I really start marketing the coin next week.

I would say miner interest breaks down into those who want fast profits (not really possible with this coin right now) and those who are looking for it to turn into a valuable longer term investment (a few months is a long time in this market Smiley).  And as part of the marketing push I will be looking to bring new miners on board, and also bringing on board people who are new to all this but have the time and money to pursue it, as people who aren't mining right now but that are interested in online investments I feel are often overlooked.

Getting listed on CoinPayments.net (as that seems to be sticking around for now) would seem to be one of the easiest ways to get used for payments.  And with V2 the plan is to make the coin easier to use for making payments online, than many/most other coins, if not in fact all other coins.  Let's see if the devs are up to the task... Smiley

And I think with continued mining and marketing, market liquidity and action should increase.  The marketing I'll be doing over the next three months has the goal of making the coin much more visible and supporting the price long term, but the shift to V2 may take the price to a whole other level.  Definitely can't promise that, but hopefully that's the side effect of a coin that ends up offering a lot of features that no others do.  We shall see.

Thanks for the detailed update. By posting that, you've shown that you have more dedication than 90% of the coin devs out there.

Having said that, I think you should focus solely on making the coin different, better, and more popular. That will solve the exchange problem itself. Don't try to artificially get Procoin added to exchanges; put in the work to make it a better coin and the exchanges will come.

Just my thoughts. I'm glad to be a part of the community, and if you need anything from me, as a pool op OR as a developer, let me know.

P.S. I've been creating and hosting paper wallets for other coins. I can do the same for Procoin if you'd like. It works better if you can get someone to create the wallet art.

Thanks very much for this.  I'm happy that from the MPOS issues it forced me to find and bring on new devs to grow that side of things quickly, and with that in place it will really make it easier I believe for the coin to reach its potential.  And I'm not dealing with anonymous devs like lots of people seem to - the devs I'm working with know who I am, I know who they are, and they really know their stuff and as long as I keep paying their hourly rate, they'll be sticking around, which is often the easiest working arrangement. Smiley

I'll send you version 1.1 of the coin via PM now (it's only affected one file, but new wallets are being compiled and will be available publicly Monday/Tuesday) and I'd be very happy to talk to you about a paper wallet too.  Thanks.

http://sancrypto.info/index/show/PCN/

Calc and Charts for PCN  Wink

This is awesome, thank you very much.
majorminers

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:13:47 PM

Great progress so early in the life cycle of ProCoin. Bravo!  Grin

Interest in this coin is rising. I've been buying up quite a bit of myself since it's so reasonable right now.

chuck888

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:48:43 PM

Interesting coin, has a lot of potential!
majorminers

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:07:40 AM

Interesting coin, has a lot of potential!

You're right about that. Welcome to the thread! Don't forget to follow TeamProCoin on Twitter: https://twitter.com/teamprocoin for the latest updates.

You won't want to miss a thing!  Grin

P.S. if you're miner you may enjoy following Major Miners too: https://twitter.com/majorminers

majorminers

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:18:27 AM

Announcing a 100 PCN (10%) Block Bonus on Major Miners ProCoin Mining Pool.  Grin

All blocks found will receive an extra 100 PCN. You like free money, don't you?

Get your PCN - and bonuses - now, before the train leaves the station! ProCoin is the altcoin for small business!

Get started now: http://pcn.majorminers.com/ https://i.imgur.com/m3xrEvl.jpg

cassius69

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:24:33 PM

I found this coin on LinkedIn in a group I am in.

I must say I like that small biz angle very much. I think simple videos is a great idea.

I am gonna buy some on the exchange today because my mining resources are....er....offline now!

majorminers

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:43:15 PM

I found this coin on LinkedIn in a group I am in.

I must say I like that small biz angle very much. I think simple videos is a great idea.

I am gonna buy some on the exchange today because my mining resources are....er....offline now!

That's excellent you found ProCoin!

The word is getting out through social media channels - and that's where the real action is. LinkedIn is a perfect environment to promote the advantages of PCN.

Sorry to hear you can't mine right now. Major Miners is giving  a 100 PCN Block bonus! Maybe your rig will become available soon?

Make sure to follow Team ProCoin on Twitter: https://twitter.com/teamprocoin

You might also follow Major Miners, if you plan on mining again soon: https://twitter.com/majorminers

Welcome the group  Grin

cassius69

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:39:21 PM

Okay Twitter is been followed.

I would love to mine but my rig is having a problem. I wasted the last night on Greekcoin. HAHA...

I gotta pick my spots a bit better around here.

majorminers

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:11:01 PM

Okay Twitter is been followed.

I would love to mine but my rig is having a problem. I wasted the last night on Greekcoin. HAHA...

I gotta pick my spots a bit better around here.

ProCoin is a good one to mine. It's got a market on Cryptorush.in for 10-15 Satoshi and currently has a difficulty of .33. ANYONE can mine that, even Cpu Miners.

TeamProCoin is also working on some very nice projects that will help capture attention from the right people.

Not only that, but my pool is offering a 10% bonus on ALL blocks found! That's free money: http://pcn.majorminers.com/

I'm sure savvy miners will catch on soon!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: