Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:48:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PCN] ProCoin: ♕ Get Some! ♕ | Build A Service - Get A Bounty - Web Wallet  (Read 45574 times)
ProCoin (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:12:04 AM

I am planning on getting a small amount of ProCoin. I heard about this coin in my LinkedIN group. I have two small biz and Im very interested in that angle. I would like to use this to get more customers from the younger set. I will need some assistance. When I say I am new I mean I dont know how to even buy it. Please help.

Yes, right now to buy ProCoin you'll need to purchase BitCoin, and then covert BitCoin (BTC) into ProCoin (PCN) on either CryptoRush.in or Bittrex.com

Alternatively, you can mine a lot of ProCoin very, very inexpensively right now.  Sign up to a pool like Major Miners, purchase some scrypt mining power on leaserig.net or betarigs.com and point them at the ProCoin pool of your choice.

However both those sites require that you purchase from them in BitCoin, so you can alternatively search eBay for 'scrypt mining' and generally rent 1 MH/s of processing for 24 hours at around $10.  Since ProCoin is so easy to mine right now (the bandwagon is still building Smiley) you can get a lot very quickly.  And then you can choose to either sell, or hold.  Potentially ProCoin will be worth a lot more in 3 or 6 months, which is why I'm mining and investing alongside everyone else, as I know what the plan is for this coin.

ProCoin will differentiate itself in the market initially by focusing on helping businesses use and benefit from crypto-currencies.  We'll do this by offering free and impartial consulting.  And then once we switch over to version 2 of the coin a LOT of unique functionality that will be very useful for businesses will be added.

And if you're interested in taking coin payments right now, coinpayments.net can be an option although all it really does it take your customer's name and address and then ask them to send BitCoin, LiteCoin... (whatever you choose) payment to a certain address, so really nothing about sending coin payments is made easier using their service as far as I can see so you may as well just list a coin address for customers to send payment to, and just make sure you know which address they've sent payment from (and possibly to include a reference with the payment).

That said, one benefit of cardpayments.net is it allows you to offer a lot of different coins, without listing dozens of addresses.  But since customers enter their details, they're no longer anonymous which to some people is one of the major benefits of crypto-currencies.

If you have any other questions at all we'll be happy to help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sunny168

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:15:21 AM

I literally found ProCoin yesterday and I have been mining pretty hardcore with it.  Hardcore is relative, I suppose, as I don't have any really powerful miners.  A couple desktops and a laptop which I use for moments at a time, you know, so it doesn't melt.

Teddy COIN -15%Free+75%IPO,Let's talk about Teddy. TnDUjkChyprmKfhMvE5vDJWBvYK2qawCXA
ProCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:17:44 AM

I literally found ProCoin yesterday and I have been mining pretty hardcore with it.  Hardcore is relative, I suppose, as I don't have any really powerful miners.  A couple desktops and a laptop which I use for moments at a time, you know, so it doesn't melt.

You can rent 1 MH/s for 24 hours for around just $3.50 at the moment on leaserig.net or betarigs.com which really is incredibly cheap, and since ProCoin is so easy to mine right now you can get a lot of coin in 24 hours.  Or if you don't have BTC handy (as those sites only accept BTC) you can rent 1 MH/s for around $10 for 24 hours on eBay.

And if you sign up to Microsoft Azure you get a lot free initially, so you can set up one or more virtual machines there and use them for mining, however since they don't have GPUs it really doesn't work very well but while it's free you'll be getting ProCoin at zero cost.
ProCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:25:07 AM

This coin needs more marketing.. Smiley how about some logo contests? Or an infographic?

Is an info-graphic maybe something you can help with?  If it is we can probably come up with some great ideas.  Thanks.
Cryptokk

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 12:31:18 AM

http://www.cryptokk.com/gfx/votes/pcn.png

PCN has been added to the new Cryptokk's vote list.

Votes are free ! You can vote 1 time, every 2 hours, per account.

http://www.cryptokk.com/?p=votes
CTRL+F (search) -> PCN
duola9527

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:19:29 AM

Many new coins are launched these days. Please make a difference. Tongue
majorminers

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:26:31 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 10:51:50 AM by majorminers

Many new coins are launched these days. Please make a difference. Tongue

I'm loving these new 'repeat bots.' We get to read the same comments again and again.

ProCoin is going to make a difference. It's a coin designed to help educate business about the advantages of crypto-currency. The marketing for the coin has evolved and we're doing our best to ensure stable mining and prices.

I've been thinking about the marketing and I'd like to see a new logo.

I think we should pick a color scheme that appeals to business and change the logo. Check out this page for ideas: http://www.pinterest.com/7dwarfsphoto/business-color-schemes/

The one called 'design seeds' is quite nice.

I think this tagline is good:

Pro Business. ProCoin.

ProCoin - we support business.

I'd like to have a logo contest that pays a bounty for a new logo design. Then that design can be re-incorporated into the social media market and website. Once the videos are done, that will help push things forward. The Dev is very responsive to ideas, that's one thing that differentiates PCN from other altcoins. The project will evolved and adapt because of that responsiveness.

LawrenceHRuddlebacher

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:00:41 PM

I am thinking of putting $50 in to ProCoin. Do you think the price will go up?
BiffyMcBifferstein

Activity: 178

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:22:31 PM

I'm *really* confused.  Is this a POS coin as well?  I have  "Mined" entries in my transactions (like Mint and Zeit).  One fully confirmed and has been paid.  The other is trying to confirm and has 42 confirmations so far.  Just to compare, a regular received payment from a pool requires 6 confirmations (per the wallet).  

Oh, and if you see this post again and it's NOT approximately 8:25AM (EDT) on 3-29, this is being re-posted by a stupid bot.

Edited - I thought the first one that said Mined never confirmed.  In fact, just the opposite.  It confirmed and paid.

Zeitcoin - Mm3rSgi34U5RMnrdusjWeK8UuWNmJu1ogq | Bitcoin - 16bpb3FBFbSvfsvXKabf7C4Zwwgwpkc4vn | Litecoin - LKJhuU68SdMPnRC1EAFimS7KNs4dXs3yrf | Dogecoin - DDeez8PhqRJkGVsu1pTF9SZEWXz3ySke56
majorminers

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:25:28 PM

I am thinking of putting $50 in to ProCoin. Do you think the price will go up?

Here's my take: altcoins have been flooded into the market lately and the competition for miner hash is strong. The miners are all pump and dumpers, but it's hard to blame them. They have costs to cover. The ProCoin dev understands that.

The ProCoin dev is not spending the pre-mine. Instead he's putting money from his own pocket into buying PCN and then rewarding miners with it. I'm doing the same. So, at the very least, this project is one that FULLY SUPPORTS miners.

Here's the bonuses given away so far:

What's important about this is the true price of any altcoin comes from the accumulated hash power of miners, especially during the nascent stage. We at TeamProCoin KNOW we have to have miners or we can't possibly succeed. We'll do everything in our power to keep them mining, and the rewards are proof of that. Plus, we don't have a pump and dump attitude.

Accumulate as much PCN as you can now at low prices and then let nature take its course. You'll be rewarded in coming months. That's my honest advice.

Miners are now wasting hash on a lot of unsupported crap-coins. They'll catch on soon enough and start mining ProCoin.

Pro Business. ProCoin!

BiffyMcBifferstein

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:26:45 PM

AND... it's minting while the wallet is locked, something the other coins don't seem to have mastered.

Zeitcoin - Mm3rSgi34U5RMnrdusjWeK8UuWNmJu1ogq | Bitcoin - 16bpb3FBFbSvfsvXKabf7C4Zwwgwpkc4vn | Litecoin - LKJhuU68SdMPnRC1EAFimS7KNs4dXs3yrf | Dogecoin - DDeez8PhqRJkGVsu1pTF9SZEWXz3ySke56
majorminers

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:40:11 PM

AND... it's minting while the wallet is locked, something the other coins don't seem to have mastered.

This is a PoW coin and does not 'mint' extra coins.  Grin

BiffyMcBifferstein

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:46:05 PM

Somebody better tell the developer, then, because I have TWO minted entries.  lol

majorminers

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:49:30 PM

Somebody better tell the developer, then, because I have TWO minted entries.  lol

Can you post a screenshot or something?

BiffyMcBifferstein

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:53:09 PM

Dropbox images don't always share properly, so you can also click here:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/u54tsbnojndy67g/procoin.png

majorminers

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:59:46 PM

Dropbox images don't always share properly, so you can also click here:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/u54tsbnojndy67g/procoin.png

Did you click on 'Solo Mining' in the wallet, by any chance? The image shows 'Mined' not 'Minted' so I assume that's what happened.

jioy

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:02:19 PM

2% premine ,total 1000000000,scrypt,I don't like
BiffyMcBifferstein

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:03:56 PM

Did you click on 'Solo Mining' in the wallet, by any chance? The image shows 'Mined' not 'Minted' so I assume that's what happened.

No.  I didn't even realize this wallet had that option.  Not even sure how to go about solo mining (successfully).  I can tell you, based on my experience with Mintcoin and Zeitcoin, minted coins appear as "Mined" rather than "Minted," which makes no sense to me but, hey, I'm just a lowly miner.  lol

majorminers

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:06:39 PM

Thanks for weighing in. I can tell you're going to be a huge contributor to this thread and to the BitCoinTalk community.  Grin

ProCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:44:00 PM

I've actually been trying to give out 75% of the pre-mine in March and April but there really haven't been many takers, so what I'm going to have to do for the long term benefit of the coin is hang onto the pre-mine until it has some worthwhile value (right now the entire pre-mine is worth a whopping $500!) and it will then incrementally be spent on things the project needs.

Please note there's a pre-mine ledger at the bottom of this page: http://www.teamprocoin.com/about/

The marketing and promotion of the coin will have to be handled by myself and the community right now.  Once the pre-mine does grow it can be spent on development and marketing and then a lot more can happen quickly.

The upgrade to version 2 will be significant but also expensive (good devs don't come cheap) and a lot of pre-mine will go to that.  Plus I'll be looking for ongoing press releases, guest posts, and much more.  I'm paying costs out of my own pocket right now but as the project gains momentum hopefully that won't be the case indefinitely, as that also is keeping the project back from its potential as I don't have an endless budget.

There's a press release going out in around a week via PR newswire (these don't come cheap), plus I'll be doing a lot more blogging and related activities.  Major Miners is handling much of the social side of the project as he's much better at that than I am.  I know it's very, very early days, but people who see potential in this project and get involved can really help to move this all forward.  Spending time helping in this project is actually also helping to increase the future value of your ProCoin holdings, so getting involved can help turn your time investment into potentially a lucrative return on financial investment later in the year.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: