Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:25:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you do to recover your losses?  (Read 60766 times)
Nanagyasi

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 09:17:32 PM

I have seen several projects which were hyped but ended up a failure so in the first place, I wouldn't rush into buying because a project was hyped.
If indeed, the projects looks promising, I will invest with fiat and not bother to trade my existing tokens. I would prefer to hodl my tokens and wait till I recover my losses

Onanana

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 09:27:35 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2019, 01:08:36 PM by Onanana

I try to learn from the experience. Tightening my financial belt for a while if I must and if the loss is small enough that I can recoup it with a little discipline. Then I regain that money. Then I try again, keeping in mind the things I learned for the next time the market gets shaky. Now, I'm currently recovering from my previous loss by investing on different kind of platform and ICOs, hope i get luck.
sngwinner

Activity: 432
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 09:43:44 PM

What I will do in this situation depends n a number of factors
1. Is the clin I'm hodling capable of recovering
2. What is the potential of the new project.
In any case, I think pumping new money feom your pocket to inveat in the bew project is the best to do.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
moon sorcerers

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 10:25:43 PM

I have seen several projects which were hyped but ended up a failure so in the first place, I wouldn't rush into buying because a project was hyped.
If indeed, the projects looks promising, I will invest with fiat and not bother to trade my existing tokens. I would prefer to hodl my tokens and wait till I recover my losses
indeed a lot of projects were initially hyped and in the end failed, I will analyze first if there is a hyped project then if the project has good prospects then I will invest in using fiat, for now I choose to hold the altcoin that I have and have no intention exchanging these altcoin-altcoins because I'm sure when bullrun comes the altcoin price that I have will be high and give me a big profit

Raizou

Activity: 758
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 10:39:59 PM

If you have the conditions to have invested this, I will disregard that you don't need this money! If you considered any contribution before investing in this ICO when something did not go well, I don't see any problem in you putting more money into it, because I'll assume that you have the details of this team and that this project is so good and that it has not so lucky in a market absorption! Either way, take this money invest in financial education and you will hardly have these problems.
Mmesooma1
Copper Member

Activity: 150
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 10:43:05 PM

You have a long list of altcoin portfolio that have tanked down by 90% since you participated in the ICO.  What was $5000 is now worth $500.  You are at a loss of $4000 and there happen to be an upcoming token sale that is pretty hyped.

You are in desperate need to recover your losses and you plan to invest in that hyped token sale in hope that you can earn 5-10x.  Would you:

1. Pump fresh fiat out of your pocket into the token sale or
2. Trade off the the altcoins you have for BTC/ETH and invest into that hyped token sale.

Share your thoughts.

I have 300 usd mapped out for top exchange IEOs. With a x3 roll over. Meaning, if I invest 300 usd in kucoin IEO and I see x3, I will cash out and repeat the process in HUOBI or okex

globalpain

Activity: 1260
Merit: 103

The OGz Club

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 11:33:16 PM

the second way is good because ETH and BTC have more potential to recover to higher prices than other coins, especially for minor coins whose prices have dropped very much because usually such coins will be abandoned and will never experience price growth again even when the bullrun occurs , but even so, I can't do that because I only have a few coins and when I want to exchange them for BTC then I will only have a few satoshi and I think it will still not be profitable

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 12:32:22 AM

You have a long list of altcoin portfolio that have tanked down by 90% since you participated in the ICO.  What was $5000 is now worth $500.  You are at a loss of $4000 and there happen to be an upcoming token sale that is pretty hyped.

You are in desperate need to recover your losses and you plan to invest in that hyped token sale in hope that you can earn 5-10x.  Would you:

2. Trade off the the altcoins you have for BTC/ETH and invest into that hyped token sale.

Share your thoughts.
Fresh money is risky to put in cryptocurrencies in bear market and there is one more probability in this case: Losing more money while thinking about recover of lost funds. Second option is better and it can give a chance for recovery.
karagun125

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2019, 12:39:07 AM

For me, i would probably trade in a coin that has the potential of increasing even a low percentage, when it increases after a week, i would sell it and then buy for another use if investment until i could recover my losses. We should be more practical now, its better to gain profit even only few rather than having deficit income.
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 12:48:31 AM

And why exactly would you put even more money in something that is not guaranteed to make you a profit? Especially because you have tried the same kind of investment before and you have already lost a lot of money there? I think after you lose a high amount of money you should cool off and start reviewing what you are doing wrong, not start investing even more in the same thing.
fuer44

Activity: 1652
Merit: 262

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2019, 12:57:58 AM

I prefer to buy again when the price falls, because to recover the investment yesterday, the right way is to buy again with the falling exchange rate to get profit from two different portfolios, namely old investment and investment when the price falls.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
princeyeboah

Activity: 714
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 01:05:24 AM

Before investing in any coin, I make sure the coin is worth holding for long term with much capabilities of rising in the future. When the prices of these coins go down, losses are only incurred when the holder sells them at the bear market prices but if the holder is more patient and is able to hold, the value remains the same. The holder get more profit when sold at the bull market.
Hence, the principle to recover the losses is quite clear, thus the ability of the holder to know when to sell in order not to incur actual loss.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1190
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2019, 02:39:53 AM

In current bear market situation, most of the coins or I should say almost all the coins are dropped by more than 60-70% from their original value. I believe there are two sides. Coins those are down or dropped by more than 50% but are from good and genuine projects, definitely gives us an opportunity to buy more. When such coins are down and we buy more we can average the total buying cost and and can reduce the losses to some extent. If we are Long term investors then definitely it can give good returns over the time.
But the projects which are scam or projects whose development is not complete, I feel risky to buy more.
I see this is very challenging to identify such project.

smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 03:03:08 AM

Share your thoughts.

if you are that desperate then you can trade those coins and buy the coins that you think will give you 5 times to 10 times profit, and you can also save yourself, from anxiety because of the losses your coins have incurred, but check your losses if the coin you are buying will give you enough profit from your losses from the coins you are holding
kolitski

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 04:12:23 AM

We have many choices that could we recover our losses from our investment, we should look at the right coins and it is very promising to be sure we can earn profit from them or we can go in trading if we have strong strategy to do in trading.

kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1117

spinarium.com

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 06:13:59 AM

Every time looking at the portfolio will make every token holder feel bad.
Well, that is very normal, having around $1k and now down to no more than 41k. It is so bad, isn't it?
However, every token holder has different ways to respond to this dumped condition, some of them are losing and then leaving crypto word because no longer believing in crypto. However, many people are still here, surviving and believing in the future of the crypto world.
I personally, I have some ways to recover from my losses, big loss.
First, never dream too high from now, realize the real condition this time.
Second, rearrange and manage my token and coin lists in my portfolio whether they are worthy or not.
Third, trading in some profitable coins to trade in this bear market.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
Blackhammer321

Activity: 400
Merit: 59

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 01:11:18 PM

I try to learn from the experience. Tightening my financial belt for a while if I must and if the loss is small enough that I can recoup it with a little discipline. Then I regain that money. Then I try again, keeping in mind the things I learned for the next time the market gets shaky. Now, I'm currently recovering from my previous loss by investing on different kind of platform and ICOs, hope i get luck.
Market is still on down right now since 2018 but working and investing should not be stopped by it and be encourage on what happened. Never quit investing I must say.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 01:50:16 PM

For me i would prefer to trade coins in the market and takes any small profit possible so i could at least close my losses even though it would takes more times, but it should be worth the effort.
It is also advisable that whoever will be choosing the option of trading to recover losses to be more careful in other to avoid more losses, you know it is easier said than done, it is not as if trading is that easy too or would perform one magic, one cannot compare the activity on HOLDING to TRADING.

Someone that has been used to holding seeking to trade must really take his times to learn the trading environment very well and also be able to put all necessary risk management in tool, I am even sure that before he finish learning all about trading, probably the altcoins he has would have been increasing too.
malphite534

Activity: 319
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 02:14:52 PM

To compensate for the loss of the previous year should be retrieved now by staying in the cryptocurrency for earn money and recover the amount of money in the past. recovered we will be wise and we will be able to deal with new techniques in dealing with the cryptocurrency market
.all we need is to exert some efforts and hardworking.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 05:59:56 PM

I would not dare trade off my altcoins that has already been compiled just because we are experiencing little bear market, I can only do that when I no longer see future in the coin, if the coins has once reached $5000 before.

There is tendency of it reaching that again because they all depend on the bull market even the one you intend investing in newly will still depend on bull market, why not just keep holding the ones you have with faith that they will rise again while you invest newly in this one you believed in so much.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: