Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:00:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you do to recover your losses?  (Read 60766 times)
WAYToken

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 06:14:07 PM

My position is this:
- the crypto market is very young, a global long-term trend is growing, and we are still waiting for more than one or two ascents and even a flight to the moon
- on a growing trend, a loss occurs only when you have fixed it. This is true in a panic sale or death of the asset (if the coin turned out to be a Scam), but if the coin lives and the developers do not give up - on the next rise of the market, even the outsiders who continued to develop, will show strong growth. And even they do not need to reach the last peak (but they will reach it and go further), so you repel your loss - enough to buy now as many coins as were bought at higher prices to average the price become twice less (bought 10 coins for $ 10, and then bought 10 coins for a dollar, in the end you have 20 coins for $ 11 - that is, for 55% of the peak price, and if you buy another 10, the price of all the coins for you will be about 30% of the peak). And Yes, this is true only for live projects, the development of which continues the team, no matter what.
uralcryptocoin

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 06:24:51 PM

You have a long list of altcoin portfolio that have tanked down by 90% since you participated in the ICO.  What was $5000 is now worth $500.  You are at a loss of $4000 and there happen to be an upcoming token sale that is pretty hyped.

You are in desperate need to recover your losses and you plan to invest in that hyped token sale in hope that you can earn 5-10x.  Would you:

1. Pump fresh fiat out of your pocket into the token sale or
2. Trade off the the altcoins you have for BTC/ETH and invest into that hyped token sale.

Share your thoughts.

I have several altcoins that droped even more than by 90%. But I still hold them because now selling is meaningless.
As you said right that was 5k was transformed to less than 500usd
Though several other coins have given me some profit in the same time

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 06:47:53 PM

i do nothing. i keep holding the ones that i bought. when the trend is bearish there is not so many things that you can do to recover your losses. if you trust the projects you can just keep holding till the market returns.
lelylely

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 07:35:26 PM

I also suffered losses because crypto prices declined, but in the future crypto can recover and I use a portion of my savings to buy in hopes that in the future it will be a better profit.

Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 07:39:55 PM

I also suffered losses because crypto prices declined, but in the future crypto can recover and I use a portion of my savings to buy in hopes that in the future it will be a better profit.
I will invest again and again until I get a profit because if we just wait then the loss will be difficult to replace.
so we really have to work to be able to get more profits because here we are not gambling that only relies on luck.

jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 07:42:03 PM

Another alternative is selling your body. Just kidding... You'd better consider it lesson learned and move on.
sandgluenick

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 09:29:43 PM

i do nothing. i keep holding the ones that i bought. when the trend is bearish there is not so many things that you can do to recover your losses. if you trust the projects you can just keep holding till the market returns.
The easiest thing we can do now is maintain what we currently hold and continue to look for good projects until the pump market returns. We have to fix the coins we hold, sometimes there are some that we have to sell because there is no potential or not good and to prepare a new strategy that is better in the future.
Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2019, 09:37:28 PM

That's a tough decision. But bear in mind that the coin being hyped might not give you the expected profit. You just have to take chances and sell off some of your coins to but the new one. Or if you think you have some spare money to use for the new coin, then go ahead.

lutfi-hasan

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 10:21:15 PM

That's a tough decision. But bear in mind that the coin being hyped might not give you the expected profit. You just have to take chances and sell off some of your coins to but the new one. Or if you think you have some spare money to use for the new coin, then go ahead.
Yes right, I personally currently buy a lot of coins that are cheap on the market, because if we buy at this time it is a good decision to replace losses in the past, because now prices are cheap.
Huntler1993

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 10:25:44 PM

With such scenario i think many factors could be looked at, the price for the upcoming sales, total supply etc., but  honestly if you hold on and wait for the new token sales you could recover after it. 
yesyes18

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 10:30:17 PM

First of all, the best thing to do to recover loses is to take a break. Taking a break helps you make better analysis (unbiased of course) and then also prevents you from making same mistakes again. After that it'll help you know how to do better what you couldn't do or improve upon it. You can then start your new mission to make fresh profits Smiley

Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 10:39:13 PM

It all depends on how I came to these losses, if it was an investment whose price had fallen dramatically, I would prefer to wait for at least some price recovery.

That's a strong desire to have, and since the price was at recovery stage it's more important to have strong foundation of your emotional upbringing. Don't be fooled by those false news behind you, because once you get in deal with them you can't survive during problems arise. Recovering our losses would take longer time, so when you're in the midst of recovery don't let bar news hinders your goals and instead of panic just focus on your plans.
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2019, 10:47:28 PM

one of the major reasons that makes people incur huge amount of losses in the space is because of ignorance and misinformation on or about what things they commit resources to and how. so if i was in such a shoe and i want to minimise the risk exposure within the space i will go for knowledge about anything i consider important that i will like to commit resources to

heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 11:04:01 PM

One if the secrets to successful investment or maximizing profit, is the ability to always wait for the right time, which simply means the act of being patient. I would not sell hastily, because I gave learnt my lessons from several experiences and will just hold.
bangjoe

Activity: 1470
Merit: 714

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 11:07:24 PM

I am very interested in exchanging all the coins that I have in Bitcoin but I can't do it because besides coins still have the possibility of pumps, the price is very cheap while the types are too much so I will need a lot of money to do that while I will only get some satoshi, so I prefer to wait without doing anything

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Hermes Mercury

Activity: 318
Merit: 21

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 11:33:03 PM

I think that before anything anything learning needs to be understood so that this situation does not recur in the future. Regarding the options, I would choose the second if I had my psychologist shaken. If I had confidence and patience the first option seems feasible, but there is more chance of losing and getting worse. In fact, it's not easy being a trader in the present times.
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2019, 11:33:39 PM

It all depends on how I came to these losses, if it was an investment whose price had fallen dramatically, I would prefer to wait for at least some price recovery.
In my opinion, investing in thinking about this issue will cause more loss. First of all, you should get out of this psychology, and you should continue to invest as much as you can without worrying about it.
bartusv

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 11:56:19 PM

I would not add more Fiat as I have enough coins and always leave some reserve for investing purposes.
But, in case I do not have enough ETH or BTC for investing   I would sell some of my altcoins
and invest into a perspective project and after making profit with the new investment buying back my altcoins
if they would be  still available.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 06:55:17 PM

Neither. I would deal with my lost and hold tokens until better times come or I would go short on tokens after ICO, it usually work. I prefer method number two, bounty hunters are usually dumping and then price moves up and down, you can really fill your bag with tokens.
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 01:41:01 AM

Diversifying into higher risk assets is not necessarily a good strategy unless you can get them at a bargain when they're well oversold and then be patient and wait for them to appreciate again, but this will only benefit you if it is good quality startups you're committing capital to not just any flavor of the week token and especially not any asset that doesn't have a good quality MVP, transparent team, strong marketing and promising partnerships

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: