Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:31:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you do to recover your losses?  (Read 60766 times)
Chainsmokers

Activity: 1372
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 05:24:11 PM

You have a long list of altcoin portfolio that have tanked down by 90% since you participated in the ICO.  What was $5000 is now worth $500.  You are at a loss of $4000 and there happen to be an upcoming token sale that is pretty hyped.

You are in desperate need to recover your losses and you plan to invest in that hyped token sale in hope that you can earn 5-10x.  Would you:

1. Pump fresh fiat out of your pocket into the token sale or
2. Trade off the the altcoins you have for BTC/ETH and invest into that hyped token sale.

Share your thoughts.
We know what we do will have risks, everyone will want to recover the losses they have got, but I think to trade the altcoin that I have and then invest it into the tokensale is something I don't think is right and I would prefer to hold it.
moshuk

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 06:32:00 PM

The only way to compensate for the losses is to continue to invest in new projects and keep old coins until they are restored.
danielchris

Activity: 574
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 06:32:58 PM

It is better if we increase our loss.we should not invest.but if we want to  decrease our loss.then we can buy tokens in low prices & hold for long term. I think it's a good idea for investors.
whaawh

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 06:49:16 PM

It is better if we increase our loss.we should not invest.but if we want to  decrease our loss.then we can buy tokens in low prices & hold for long term. I think it's a good idea for investors.
This is the best strategy for this period, because with the current state of the cryptocurrency market, any sales can be detrimental to your financial flows. If you save your assets until the market recovers, it will increase your funds possibly several times.
dawai asmara

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 07:48:29 PM

This is the best strategy for this period, because with the current state of the cryptocurrency market, any sales can be detrimental to your financial flows. If you save your assets until the market recovers, it will increase your funds possibly several times.
it is the most basic thing for investors because only in that way can we benefit from investment and everyone may already know.
the problem is that sometimes the coins we buy don't go up and even go down.
so in my opinion the one that can reduce losses is investing in lots of coins and investing in not too large amounts.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 07:50:09 PM

I will do almost anything to recover my lost money, but is a bit hard if the price not grow more, at least for some altcoins and after to cash out only on profit. And maybe we can recover if hold for long.
shadowduck

Activity: 840

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 08:31:32 PM

I will do almost anything to recover my lost money, but is a bit hard if the price not grow more, at least for some altcoins and after to cash out only on profit. And maybe we can recover if hold for long.
of course we will recover! It is simply inevitable. it is important to remain patient in this market. without patience you can make a lot of mistakes.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 08:33:52 PM

Personally what I am currently doing now is, buying at thi sbear market while I expect a bull run soon someday, which has lower my average.
Averim

Activity: 515
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 08:40:09 PM

You have a long list of altcoin portfolio that have tanked down by 90% since you participated in the ICO.  What was $5000 is now worth $500.  You are at a loss of $4000 and there happen to be an upcoming token sale that is pretty hyped.

You are in desperate need to recover your losses and you plan to invest in that hyped token sale in hope that you can earn 5-10x.  Would you:

2. Trade off the the altcoins you have for BTC/ETH and invest into that hyped token sale.

Share your thoughts.
Hard to choose from those two. I would start over with small amount of money invested in cheap coins.
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 08:48:35 PM

The only way to compensate for the losses is to continue to invest in new projects and keep old coins until they are restored.
It will be smart behavior to holding more potential ones, not old ones. Because being old does not prove that it will definitely recover. Also, there are plenty of potential coins that have been newly created and have fallen too much due to the situation.
Golstrim

Activity: 1456
Merit: 253

Margin Trader

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 08:53:58 PM

Well, in order to recover my losses I would take part in different trading competitions and bounty programs, it is a chance to gain money for newbies.

█▀▀█
██▄█
My Trading View// Trading Community // Cooбщecтвo Tpeйдepoв
█▀▀█
██▄█
Cyptobonds1

Activity: 262
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 09:07:56 PM

Recovering your losses cannot be easy because you will have to lose more to get back the loss, first thing you will have to step back and learn more on what causes the loss and the areas you lack. After some time you can actually start again and hope for a better outcome this time around, another thing about crypto is that some have to lose for some to gain.

▼ AQUEST - COMPLETE A QUEST & GET PAID
Get -30% BONUS Only Until 21 February 2019 | www.aquest.io
MendozaCharles

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 09:24:42 PM

In such a situation, I will keep my coins because the reason for what has happened is no longer the benefit of the sell, but if the hold is made then the coins in the future may go a long way and all the losses will be recover. That's is hope. But now I am selling my all coin in loss then I can't recover my loss in the future. So better hold you're all losses coin because the hold is GOLD.

Bitcoin Bull Run is Coming 🌅
baeva2

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 10:53:53 PM

To recover my money losses, I am trading. I am not selling the coins that caused me to lose because the losses will be even greater.
newdevices

Activity: 1048
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 11:33:35 PM

In such a situation, I will keep my coins because the reason for what has happened is no longer the benefit of the sell, but if the hold is made then the coins in the future may go a long way and all the losses will be recover. That's is hope. But now I am selling my all coin in loss then I can't recover my loss in the future. So better hold you're all losses coin because the hold is GOLD.
I also prefer to keep holding the coins that I have, I am sure in the future these coins can help recover my losses, sell them now or replace them with buying hyped tokens is not the right choice, I prefer to hold it in the long run, the market is definitely will recover and bullrun will definitely happen again, I will be patient waiting for the bullrun to occur
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 12:22:20 AM

Share your thoughts.

Its depend on the token or coin that i hold. If the coin or token is top 100 in coinmarketcap, i will hold it and not sell it but if the coin or token dont have real project or product, i am prefer sell it or convert it to top 10 coin
ansarose1

Activity: 784

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 12:37:47 AM

To recover losses, for me its better to buy sone altcoins and trade it in a profitable way. You may also hodl what you bought since future investments are sure profit earnings, just trust the coin  what you invest.
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 01:35:34 AM

if I am stuck in the ICO token,
then I will look at the development of the project, whether there is progress or not,
if not, I will move assets to ETH or BTC.
or maybe bBCH is good too.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 01:53:13 AM

Work harder and also maximize the potential that exists in us to be able to get a profit, because that is a solution that we have to do in order to get the benefits we want, and also to be able to give back the losses that we have got

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
CoinsOrDie

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 02:09:26 AM

Share your thoughts.

This is a very difficult situation but one thing I have learnt is when you are in huge loss, take a step back to relax and cool your nerves. Do not be in a hurry to make investment decisions else you will run into more loss. Recovery can be achieved later after every lessons have been learned.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: