Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:19:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Locking Bounty Rewards To Avoid Dumping  (Read 1947 times)
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 02:28:33 PM

Locking technique is not efficient because when tokens will be unlocked there will the dump.... I think that the best way to eliminate dumping is to have a concrete roadmap and plans after ICO so that Investors could have faith and trust the project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thaliaand

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 02:50:13 PM

The main reason that makes sense is that the project itself does not have a strong foundation, especially its community, so the token holder is shaken and changes his mind. Mostly projects after Ico suffered from dumping, but projects that have a strong foundation will survive with development.
Even so, still the bountyhunters are blamed. Though the percentage allocation for reward is only a small portion which should not giving a significant impact to the dump.
shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 02:58:00 PM

if they locking the bounty rewards, are these coins will survive? there will be no volume if they locked it, it is not solution to avoid dumping coins, we bounty hunters want money, we work hard to promote the project. The solution to avoid dumping coins is that the project must be unique and keeps update in telegram, investors would like to invest for sure.
bitstalker

Activity: 383
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 02:58:39 PM

Unique thing, but in my opinion is reasonable because now we are facing the bear market and dumping that might happen because the project cannot develop the project or it might be said to be bad luck but don't despair maybe the project can rise again after the bear market stops
rozak

Activity: 1960
Merit: 273

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 03:04:04 PM

I think it has no effect Locking Bounty Rewards To Avoid Dumping because for me the bounty hunter was the cause of the dump when the first market rilis, they sell at the lowest possible price as long as it becomes money

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2172

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2019, 03:04:24 PM

Will locking bounty rewards help prevent dump? I don't think so. Only 5% of total token how will dump market suddenly. And I don't think any project just pay after campaign end. Although I am not familiar with bounty reward system but I don't believe people's will attempt to sell together at a time. Also is project distribute bounty reward on same day to all hunters? If not then bounty rewards are not going to help them prevent dump.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Adhichan

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 03:10:53 PM

I think it has no effect Locking Bounty Rewards To Avoid Dumping because for me the bounty hunter was the cause of the dump when the first market rilis, they sell at the lowest possible price as long as it becomes money
atleast it could prevent more dump if in locking periode developers team trying to add daily volume trading by adding in several major exchanges.more volume will prevent more dump in price.
Augustyusuf

Activity: 546
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 03:23:29 PM

you say the truth, but i think mostly ico whos already finish their token sale event, and right after distribution rewards for hunters done, dump was happen, so the hunters itself have a part for making some token price dumping.

RideNodeTM (RIDE) is the First American Ride and Transportation Blockchain and Virtual Currency.
https://ridenode.io/[/cent
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 04:23:40 PM

It is really a bad idea to lock hunter’s reward and quite discouraging, I don’t even see why their activities should cause major dumping in the coin, because the percentage of their holdings can never be compared to the one with the investors, so if any major dumping is happening, it should automatically sent a signal to them that is should be from one of the large investors since we still have some investor that would hold their coins for a very long term, thank God bounty hunters has been vindicated and there is already a proof that hunters are not the major cause of dumping, though they contribute to it partially too.
Aligab166

Activity: 194

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 04:31:45 PM

I don't support the idea of locking bounty tokens. The hunters should be allowed to spend their hard laboured tokens whenever they wish. You must not restrict them.

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄
rysea2

Activity: 407
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 05:37:06 PM

Not every new coin has decreased in the market due to bounty hunters but maybe it has become a tradition that bounty hunters are always scapegoats. If we think more deeply there will be many other factors besides the bounty hunter which result in a new token immediately decreasing in price when registered in exchange.

Collinberg

Activity: 407
Merit: 14

Collectrix-Bridgin the physical and Virtual worlds

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2019, 05:39:31 PM

It is always so easy to blame bounty hunters when a token price dumps, some even do it when the bounty hunters are yet to even receive their tokens, a good project team is a good project team and if they play their cards right from the beginning, bounty tokens would never affect their token price in the exchanges.

Wildwest

Activity: 1701
Merit: 315

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 05:48:20 PM

But from all aspects, the concept of the project is the most important thing. Because investors must see in terms of uses and concepts, if it has good potential, of course, with a bounty hunter it will not affect the price or dumping

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 05:49:43 PM

To be honest, I can totally understand it when bounty tokens get locked for a certain amount of time. There were projects were bounty hunters caused a massive dump after the tokens hit an exchange. Which resulted in some people waiting in hope for that dump instead of investing in the token sale.
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 07:22:06 PM

I think most of us that joined bounties in the year 2018 had experiences like that. I was also expecting that it would happen because of the lock-in period but I guess the investors are just for short term and they will sell it after listing because their bonuses are already enough for profit taking. ICO bounties should do buybacks or Eth/btc payment so investors would not get the fear of dumping from bounty hunters.
They really need to look for a way of systematically controlling this dumping issues going on in the market, other than blaming it on hunter but I guess they were just doing try and error to really determine where the dumping is coming from, and now that they have seen that bounty hunters makes no significant impact on the dumping, they will let us be.

One thing about dumping is that it will always happen anytime, whether now or in future provided the purpose of putting in money into that project is to get profit and many investors don’t care about future profit but they are satisfied with whatever little profit they get once the project enters exchanges so that they can move on to next project.
safem

Activity: 454

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2019, 07:36:19 PM

Tokens being locked after ICO before listing on exchanges are common to many projects. Some project developers do this many times to avoid dumping of tokens by dumpers. In most cases this methodology works to favour investors. It is obvious that bounty hunters are the ones who normally dump the tokens and thus bring down the price of coins below the ICO price. I am in support of the tokens to be locked before listing on exchanges as this has helped to increase the trading price in many ways.

☯ INJECTIVE PROTOCOL ☯ Bounty Running ☯
☯ Fast, Secure, and Fully Decentralized Trading ☯
Metall303

Activity: 891

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 07:44:03 PM

Tokens being locked after ICO before listing on exchanges are common to many projects. Some project developers do this many times to avoid dumping of tokens by dumpers. In most cases this methodology works to favour investors. It is obvious that bounty hunters are the ones who normally dump the tokens and thus bring down the price of coins below the ICO price. I am in support of the tokens to be locked before listing on exchanges as this has helped to increase the trading price in many ways.
I also think that this is the right approach. but I also see that in some projects, even before sending tokens to bounty hunters, the price of a coin falls so deep that even bounty hunters are not happy with the prices for which they are given to sell their tokens after transferring to wallets

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
CTO@MyBitMine

Activity: 796
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 08:20:03 PM

I think lock of bounty tokens makes no sense because it's so small amount of all tokens, usually it 1 or 0.5 %. Team should lock own tokens and take a hard work to avoid dump imho.
martina14

Activity: 1190
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 08:24:24 PM

That is the biggest mistake of all ICO did that.
Well why is that? the first thing to know is are they that really strong?
IF they are going up, why did they choose to send tokens of them to bounty participants?
why not just sent ETHEREUM NOT BITCOIN? WTF!

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 08:28:54 PM

Not a right approach to bounty hunting mechanism. Bounty hunters are impatient generally and i doubt they will say thanks if team decide to lock the bounty rewards for a month.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: