Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:08:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Locking Bounty Rewards To Avoid Dumping  (Read 1947 times)
Bttzed03 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 08:06:08 AM

I had been taking a part in Miracle Tele bounty last year and I locked(stacked) my bounty tokens at their site for getting biweekly reward for them.This is a very smart way to prevent bounty dumping.
Yes, a holders reward program could also help minimize the token dumping. I've also done the same with projects that offer such.

This kind of doing is not half bad as it will surely help to minimize the dumping of coins especially to the bounty hunters.
I guess you should just wait until your bounty rewards gets unlocked and compare it to where the price was when you first got it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cianix

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 08:13:36 AM

What the point locking bounty rewords, their number almost always so small, that has no effect on market value. Besides payments always made after the listing, this way the team protects the interests of investors.
Give the hunters about 1-2% of all coins , and then say that hunters are to blame for the fact that the rate fell down and never rises , I think danym it is already known that if the project is not developed and the course will lie on the bottom

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Fluxtorrence9

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 08:24:00 AM

If the teams behind the project knows what they are doing they might be able to come up with better moves within the time that the tokens are locked to avoid dumps after unlocking the tokens, price stability  isn't easy in crypto space but it's possible, it depends entirely on the teams
Cellerex

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

Coinsbit.io

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 08:26:48 AM

Give the hunters about 1-2% of all coins , and then say that hunters are to blame for the fact that the rate fell down and never rises , I think danym it is already known that if the project is not developed and the course will lie on the bottom
Of course, it is ridiculous to observe how after the collapse of prices after the ICO, they are constantly blamed for this by bountists who have a maximum of 1 or 2 percent of tokens. This is stupid.

Coinsbit.io is a new trading platform that provides businesses and individual traders with Low commissions, MultiSupport, Strong Security and Open API
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 08:37:28 AM

On this rules, the number one who got affected on this was their bounty hunters. Imagine there are some of the ico project campaign aside from lacking the bounty rewards they will not distribute the whole rewards instead, they will limit the distribution to their participants instead of 100% they will only send 10% of the total token amount every month, what kind of rules is that, very unreasonable. This is not the answer to avoid dumping its price value in the market.
memecoin

Activity: 308

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 08:56:31 AM

I have always said this, it is not the hunters fault for dumping but even some hunters blame themselves for dump which is bad.

It's hard to say whether or not, but I believe that there is some element that has a strong impact on other bounty hunters, making them believe and spread  Sad

Am I spamming? Report me!
casternetwork

Activity: 294

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 09:06:06 AM

This will be a long debate and whatever will be the developers find a way, there's always people that will complain and will say it's unfair on their sides. On the bounty hunters side, most will say that the investors should only dump small portion of their investments. And for the investors side, most of them blame the bounty hunters which is really irrelevant if the distribution to them has been around 1% - 5% or few higher than expected.

That's right, there has never been no fraud in this market. I agree that it is currently not best for us to eliminate scammers, you can only wait one day for ICO to offer something that can filter out scammers, maybe  Grin

Am I spamming? Report me!
DeathProxy

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 09:51:19 AM

Many people dont know that the reaons for token dump on exchange is not because of bounty  huters but mainly due to the amount of bonus token allocated to private sale investors.  These investors buy token durring private sales at a very low price and dump at the exchange when ita being listed.  At that point they have already made their profit

silver23

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 10:12:11 AM

somehow the bounty hunter is always blamed when a coin or token has a significant decline.
it is true that almost all bounty hunters will immediately sell coins or tokens they get from prizes, but the problem is how the allocation of funds for small prizes is only 2% of the total supply that affects it.
I, as a bounty hunter, also felt that my coin locked and the project prioritized investors to get profit first.
after investors reap profits and coins for prizes reopen, prices continue to fall and bounty hunters are still blamed.
Isn't that funny where we still have a bounty hunter who is always wrong.
republicrypto

Activity: 1386
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 10:24:51 AM

So there's this campaign that I've participated that locked bounty rewards in the hopes of avoiding token dumping. As what I expected, the dumping still happened. What's even funnier is that it is now the bounty hunters who complains unlike before where investors blame bounty hunters  Grin

If there's any coins or tokens that should be locked, it should only be the team's share (or maybe add those given to advisors). Both parties (investors & hunters) have invested either money or time to get their share and they should not be subjected to such restriction.

Instead of locking, teams should just concentrate on other methods such as buy back and loyalty rewards to lessen the chances of price crash.

I think, The dump actions is not only come from bounty participants,,, and remember a smart bounty hunters will hold their rewards until a good price..
Anyway, Early investors with huge bonus also can dump their coin too,,  but, people always said if the bounty participants is the main causes, from this dumping actions
Regards
dipeco
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 10:31:31 AM

This is not the right solution. There were thousands of projects that have distributed huge rewards to the bounty hunters and there was no token dump at all. This depends only from team management and their decisions.
RamBahadur.Gurung

Activity: 457
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 10:40:55 AM

This is a common method being used by the bounty campaign managers and ICO promoters to deny payments to the bounty hunters. In most cases, 1% or at the most 2% of the total pool is devoted as bounty. Is it possible to crash the prices using this small number of coins? This is a silly excuse being used to hide the real dumping, which is most often done by the ICO promoters.

And one more thing. If the promoters complain about dumping by the bounty hunters, then just ask them to pay the rewards in BTC/ETH.
Falgorn

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 10:42:36 AM

Very often, ICO teams have recently blocked new tokens earned by bounty hunters in their wallets. This is done for a period of three, six or even nine months. In general, this is one of the most logical and effective methods to prevent the price of tokens from falling after transferring them to the exchange. However, using only this method will not give a noticeable effect if it is not used with other similar methods.
In addition, participants in ICO bounty campaigns cannot influence very strongly the dumping price of a token. Lower prices are more likely to be influenced by early investors who buy tokens at the initial stage of ICO with big discounts.
Wawa2013

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 10:49:52 AM

the dump on a coin in the market is not merely a bounty hunter's mistake, because there are some projects whose prices continue to rise even though the bounty hunter has sold their tokens, now it is indeed a trend if the token is locked within a certain period of time

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Metavault.Trade
████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████████████████████████████████████████
NEXT GENERATION PERPETUAL DEX WITH
ZERO SLIPPAGE SWAPS & UP TO 30X LEVERAGE

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████████
Faster, Safer, Smarter!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ██   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER  |  DISCORD  |  TELEGRAM  |  MEDIUM  |  GITHUB
macshad

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 11:15:47 AM

I have never seen the reason behind locking up bounty rewards and i dont know why they even think and do it, bounty percentage of most projects are %1 or most of the time lower than %1, so i wonder how that small percentage would dumb and affect a project, when investors are getting 25% bonus on their investment and then investors sell of investment to make more money as soon as possible
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 06:45:27 PM

I have never seen the reason behind locking up bounty rewards and i dont know why they even think and do it, bounty percentage of most projects are %1 or most of the time lower than %1, so i wonder how that small percentage would dumb and affect a project, when investors are getting 25% bonus on their investment and then investors sell of investment to make more money as soon as possible

There is a valid reason behind locking up bounty tokens (or tokens from private investors that got a huge bonus). Especially for projects that have a fixed bounty pool and that don't sell that many tokens. In these cases bounty hunters can have a massive influence on the price.
zikzag

Activity: 588

Minter

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 02:07:05 PM

If the project is good then the price will not fall. And there is a bad one, however much they block the tokens, it will still fall in price. Hunters sold and will sell at reduced prices for them is just a job and nothing personal.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Aldrinx00

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 02:14:12 PM

I think bounty hunters reward is not the main reason why some projects token price gets dump. Some reasons are investors don't trust the project that much so if they can sell it immediately in profit they will, if the team doesn't have solid plans on their project the price will surely fall.

Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2019, 12:51:17 AM

I very much agree with your proposal. In most projects, the behavior of locking bounty tokens ultimately makes the rewards of bounty hunters very low. When the token was first listed, the price was very attractive, and over time, the price continued to drop, or even returned to zero.

sayaya17

Activity: 1638
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 23, 2019, 02:20:32 AM

I think it's true if the token so entered the market price dump, it's not a bounty hunter fault, it's purely because the team doesn't work seriously. They sometimes work lazy because their ico time is exhausted and already getting funds, so they do not hard work anymore and leave their tokens, there are even tokens left by the developers directly. It's difference if the developer is serious, so the token price is good in the market. So developer no need locked their token for bounty hunters.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: