Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:22:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Locking Bounty Rewards To Avoid Dumping  (Read 1947 times)
ongkok87

Activity: 1120
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 02:48:25 PM

locking the prize is indeed important but there must be a number because if we lock too long then the token that gets from the prize is of no value anymore. so if you don't want to regret, don't lock it for too long, in my opinion

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aemma
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 04:18:26 PM

Yes, they keep thinking bounty hunters are the reason for the dump in price whereas that's not the truth. Many projects are now doing this, and the funny thing is, the token still dump far below ICO price. The team focus should be on developing or improving their products not the other way round, as dumping will still happen, but once the project have a solid use case or the team working towards their aim, the price will start rising again.
ajdaj

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 05:03:40 PM

Yes, they keep thinking bounty hunters are the reason for the dump in price whereas that's not the truth. Many projects are now doing this, and the funny thing is, the token still dump far below ICO price. The team focus should be on developing or improving their products not the other way round, as dumping will still happen, but once the project have a solid use case or the team working towards their aim, the price will start rising again.
in any case, if tokens are blocked, the team has its own plans for the development of the project. therefore, there is no point in worrying about your rewards, because Bounty Hunters will therefore be able to trade these funds without problems.
spydee1522

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 05:15:28 PM

I wonder why mostly investors and project managers always blame bounty hunters for dumping, no bounty hunter after his or her hard work on a project for months will just dump for some penny whiles he or she knows holding is the key to soar higher. There are a lot of projects out there with bounty rewards locked yet there is still dumping. Who is dumping? Let the bounty hunters have their peace of mind.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
sertans
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 05:27:49 PM

Bounty hunting is a kind of part time job for most of the people. I believe if projects thinking that bounty hunters are always dumping their coins then they need to pay bounty any other liquid tokens this can be ETH, XLM, LTC whatever they want. This is the best way for both side.
natka

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 06:31:47 PM

Bounty hunting is a kind of part time job for most of the people. I believe if projects thinking that bounty hunters are always dumping their coins then they need to pay bounty any other liquid tokens this can be ETH, XLM, LTC whatever they want. This is the best way for both side.
I certainly understand what you are saying. But it seems to me that the developers of many ico companies are trying to sit down with one ass on several chairs. Of course, from a theoretical point of view, they will be very much expelled to the participants of the Bounty company in Bitcoin or ethereum, but in practice this will not happen, because it is much more important for them to save the funds received from investors than worry about their project.
Averim

Activity: 515
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 07:00:30 PM

So there's this campaign that I've participated that locked bounty rewards in the hopes of avoiding token dumping. As what I expected, the dumping still happened. What's even funnier is that it is now the bounty hunters who complains unlike before where investors blame bounty hunters  Grin

If there's any coins or tokens that should be locked, it should only be the team's share (or maybe add those given to advisors). Both parties (investors & hunters) have invested either money or time to get their share and they should not be subjected to such restriction.

Instead of locking, teams should just concentrate on other methods such as buy back and loyalty rewards to lessen the chances of price crash.
It has to be a strong connection between all parties: team, hunters, investors so they all action in the behalf of the project.
Kelvinikke

Activity: 350

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2019, 07:04:29 PM

I don't think locking up bounty hunters alone is the solution to solving dumping of cryptocurrencies when listed on exchanges. I think it is good if project managers distribute tokens to both investors and bounty hunters in ratio with the ratio of investors being slightly higher than that of investors.

This might sound weird but trust me both investors and bounty hunters dump coins sometimes especially when they don't see the reality of the project.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 07:10:53 PM

I wonder why mostly investors and project managers always blame bounty hunters for dumping, no bounty hunter after his or her hard work on a project for months will just dump for some penny whiles he or she knows holding is the key to soar higher. There are a lot of projects out there with bounty rewards locked yet there is still dumping. Who is dumping? Let the bounty hunters have their peace of mind.
I, too, during the years of work in the bounty campaigns, understand that bounty hunters are not the cause of the price dump of new coins

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
CLywaTeLb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

send and receive money instantly, no hidden costs

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 07:11:19 PM

So there's this campaign that I've participated that locked bounty rewards in the hopes of avoiding token dumping. As what I expected, the dumping still happened. What's even funnier is that it is now the bounty hunters who complains unlike before where investors blame bounty hunters  Grin

If there's any coins or tokens that should be locked, it should only be the team's share (or maybe add those given to advisors). Both parties (investors & hunters) have invested either money or time to get their share and they should not be subjected to such restriction.

Instead of locking, teams should just concentrate on other methods such as buy back and loyalty rewards to lessen the chances of price crash.
It has to be a strong connection between all parties: team, hunters, investors so they all action in the behalf of the project.
That would be great. But often locking bounty rewards is just a ploy to make time to off into the shadows.

Mila52

Activity: 1022
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 07:11:37 PM

Dumping coins and its subsequent dump  by hunters is a fallacy. As already mentioned above, hunters get 1-3% of the pool. Even locked bounty rewards does not stop the dump. If the project is promising, often early investors, acquiring coins at a significant discount, will specifically dump them when coins enter the exchange to buy them at an even lower price.
restuibu

Activity: 994

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 08:00:49 PM

There won't be any guarantee that locking token rewards for bounty will prevent dump in the market.
They think the investors invested on their project will never sell their coin, but they are wrong.
Some whales investors may want to sell some part of their token to invest in another better project they just found.
yes you are right and some investors don't care about prices on market. they will sell it without thinking of a loss because what they sell is only bonus they get when they are pre sale or ico

IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2019, 11:59:11 PM

To begin with, locking bounty rewards does not stop a token from dumping

F you need an example; you need to look at the foresting token
It has dumped while bounty hunters have not been paid

So is Ichiba coin
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2019, 12:13:15 AM

There won't be any guarantee that locking token rewards for bounty will prevent dump in the market.
They think the investors invested on their project will never sell their coin, but they are wrong.
Some whales investors may want to sell some part of their token to invest in another better project they just found.
Although hunters do not do it in every project, but they are the reason for most of dump. Yeah, investors sometimes sell their coins, but because they think they are gonna get it cheaper. I have done this a lot of times.
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2019, 12:35:18 AM

if the level of concern has started to be extreme, it's better to pay a bounty hunter with only USD, and let the tokens have good value and avoid dumping after listing. so that investors and teams get profits.
kakade

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 02:06:31 AM

This is a job that is not easy for the Team to do, but they must continue to work hard to keep the coin price stable. If the token has been locked, I hope they can work creatively so it doesn't take long for the token to be locked. And after the key is opened, the price must be able to soar.

MoozicoreWORLDS FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN

█████                     █████
  ███████                   ███████
  ███████       █████       ███████
  ███████      ███████      ███████
   █████        █████        █████
cryptoblue77

Activity: 472

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 02:39:25 AM

If it helps to stabilize the token price then it wouldn't be a bad idea, but they have to inform the bounty hunters beforehand. It would be wrong if bounty hunters not informed before and bounty rewards locked after ICO.

fosco333

Activity: 1260

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 03:43:21 PM

If the dump still occurred when the token for hunters locked, then the dump is not caused by hunters.
The team must do something about their token, so the damage of the price can be recovered later.
There are too many ICO ended with token price crashed to the ground.

Mrcharles
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 04:30:51 PM

Dumping is inevitable when the supply of a coin is greater than the demand. In fact, most projects are dumped by the team because of their selfish desire to take profit. To reduce the issue of dumping, the project should have a buy back plan to take their coin away from weak hands and use trading competition to drive the value higher.
fallensky7

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 04:35:47 PM

Yes, I often hear this in different groups on a telegram. Basically, investors complain to the team to block the bounty hunters' coins, as they can bring down the price with their "5" coins. But this is a mistaken opinion! Bounty hunter is also interested in the growth of the coins that you received, since the time spent is as priceless as an investment (only investments can be returned, but time spent is never), and even earn 40 instead of the original 20 which is more attractive. Locking bounty awards does not affect the price
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: