Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:17:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Locking Bounty Rewards To Avoid Dumping  (Read 1947 times)
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 10:09:59 AM

So there's this campaign that I've participated that locked bounty rewards in the hopes of avoiding token dumping. As what I expected, the dumping still happened. What's even funnier is that it is now the bounty hunters who complains unlike before where investors blame bounty hunters  Grin

If there's any coins or tokens that should be locked, it should only be the team's share (or maybe add those given to advisors). Both parties (investors & hunters) have invested either money or time to get their share and they should not be subjected to such restriction.

Instead of locking, teams should just concentrate on other methods such as buy back and loyalty rewards to lessen the chances of price crash.

Yeah it's still same because bounty hunters will still sell all their coins after the receive it. So it's kinda useless. It's works though to avoid dumping but only in the beginning, after the bounty hunters receive the tokens the price will dropped and more dropped.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lanatsa

Activity: 2828
Merit: 648

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 10:13:05 AM

So there's this campaign that I've participated that locked bounty rewards in the hopes of avoiding token dumping. As what I expected, the dumping still happened. What's even funnier is that it is now the bounty hunters who complains unlike before where investors blame bounty hunters  Grin

If there's any coins or tokens that should be locked, it should only be the team's share (or maybe add those given to advisors). Both parties (investors & hunters) have invested either money or time to get their share and they should not be subjected to such restriction.

Instead of locking, teams should just concentrate on other methods such as buy back and loyalty rewards to lessen the chances of price crash.

Yeah it's still same because bounty hunters will still sell all their coins after the receive it. So it's kinda useless. It's works though to avoid dumping but only in the beginning, after the bounty hunters receive the tokens the price will dropped and more dropped.
Dropping its price is inevitable even those bounty tokens would be locked yet as you said bounty hunters will still sell off those tokens.The difference only is that the project will able to sustain that dump if it
already stabilizes or built up its trading volume which can hold up such dump and eventually recover once again into the previous level before the dump of bounty tokens.Overall, this would still depend on the potential and support of such token.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bartusv

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 11:15:52 PM

Crypto is about decentralization  and any centralized, administrative measure would not prevent from anything.
Give value to the coin and it will have demand and won`t be dumped.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 11:34:38 PM

Bounty hunters and investors can both dumped if they knew that they are already in profit and wants to get out of the project, it's their stakes anyway and they are free to do whatever they want in it if the project is good the price will recover.
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 11:52:12 PM

Bounty hunters are now  very careful when it comes to selling the tokens they are rewarded with, so some of them still hold, which is why there are projects that paid bounty hunters and yet, their tokens still surge in price. Examples of such are; CTP and BCPT as we as host of others
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2019, 01:00:12 AM

In my opinion, it's not fair and if the campaign will state that they are going to lock their token for bounty hunters, no bounty hunters will join the campaign, it's like deceiving them for their hard-earned rewards, I don't trust Project that does this for bounty hunters.

akungagal

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 02:39:32 AM

In my opinion, it's not fair and if the campaign will state that they are going to lock their token for bounty hunters, no bounty hunters will join the campaign, it's like deceiving them for their hard-earned rewards, I don't trust Project that does this for bounty hunters.
that's right, i also don't agree with that.
if that happens, i think the project will lose a lot of trust in their project. not all bounty participants are dumping, some of them are definitely buying and selling and i think that can help the price of tokens grow.

Levyathan

Activity: 434
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 02:44:08 AM

You know what, there are so many things which comes available to the end of the year on this 2019. I hope that bitcoin would be making such interesting profits.
biznes35

Activity: 714
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 04:52:44 AM

That's an interesting practice. Looks like some of not amused bounty hunters could buy some coins and dump it's price just to screw the whole thing up.
celot

Activity: 1492
Merit: 269

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 05:01:50 AM

If you are trying for make bounty campaign is hard you will be disappointed with your ICO is failed, without bounty campaign participants promote your ICO never make your ICO will be success and could raised hard cap target.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Jpt

Activity: 374

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 05:29:06 AM

yes you are right. First of all is for a project to focus on its development, implementing its goals and promises and on bringing the ways that would attract investors like incentives and others. It will be a sheer inappropriate to blame bounty hunters for the fall of their projects just after hitting the exchanges. I have also heard that some projects have locked for a certain period of time tokens allocated under bounty campaigns. What is interesting is that these projects have not gotten their coins go up even when locking coins allocated under bounty campaigns. So I think it will be a wiser idea to look smart ways to rise their coins in prices. 
FelippeHeinz

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 05:41:59 AM

The price of the token is adequate to market capitalization (initially the amount collected in ICO). And the dump caused by the 'hunters' is momentary, as they represent only a small percentage of the token holders.  Wink

styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 05:46:25 AM

Often the main reason for price drops is that the ICO had a big bonus offer, say 40% off. This means that if you sell as soon as the coin goes on the exchanges, you're still likely to make a profit. Add to this the simple fact that if a coin didn't hit hardcap, then this means that supply exceeds demand, which is a classic indicator that prices will fall. Also, volumes for new coins can be extremely thin - if there are no buyers beyond a couple of traders, then it only takes a few sellers to cause prices to fall.

It's not as simple as just blaming bounty hunters for price drops.
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2019, 05:57:39 AM

Personally, I see the lock of tokens a sign of a weakness from the project. Good projects don't lock their tokens and still their price continues to rise constantly.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Solomiya

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 06:37:15 AM

It's difficult to find another effective marketing because people also difficult to find profitable token/altcoin where there are many new project also occur nowadays.
Overall it's depend on themself !
They can lock the coins as they think it would be a risk that would dump the price.
But that is not transparent, during the start, they were able to recruit supporters through the bounty program because they have a very good rate.
But changing it afterwards, I thought it's kind of unfair practice that should not be tolerated.

I'm confronted with this problem quite often. Today, most of my crypto wallet is blocked in the form of a Bounty reward
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 06:43:15 AM

It's difficult to find another effective marketing because people also difficult to find profitable token/altcoin where there are many new project also occur nowadays.
Overall it's depend on themself !
They can lock the coins as they think it would be a risk that would dump the price.
But that is not transparent, during the start, they were able to recruit supporters through the bounty program because they have a very good rate.
But changing it afterwards, I thought it's kind of unfair practice that should not be tolerated.

I'm confronted with this problem quite often. Today, most of my crypto wallet is blocked in the form of a Bounty reward

Crypto wallet being blocked ? Thats strange . i thought rewards can only be locked  . i dont know whats their motive of locking the wallet were the wallet does not have any coins inside it .  oh well   , thats not fair . as a bounty hunter myself i work hard to promote their project but why they dont pay me correctly ?  this idea of locking rewards can soon be a reason for bounty hunters to stop doing bounties   . 
bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 07:08:15 AM

This is always on the process. Investors will not invest money on project that the token of the team is not locked since they can get out with selling all their tokens once the project is pumping. So unfair for hunters to be blame like this. Im sure investors will understand at some point that hunters work out on their share of tokens.
Hunters are their tools to say that the price of token was declining due to the bounty hunters dumping but the real fact is that the projects is not worth of that price the project team was quoted.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 07:09:02 AM

really, what should be locked is the team token section, last year many of the ico projects used this method, but nowadays there have been many changes to the ICO project, this will bring destruction and make investors reluctant to follow ico again
shiming

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 07:16:20 AM

When the project is established, it should be considered that this happens. If you do the appropriate measures. This will be avoided. If the project has great potential, investors should be happy and buy the currency below the ICO price.

Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 06:18:10 PM

When the project is established, it should be considered that this happens. If you do the appropriate measures. This will be avoided. If the project has great potential, investors should be happy and buy the currency below the ICO price.

If investors should be happy that they can 'buy the currency below the ICO price', what would, in your opinion, then be the reason to buy during the ICO at the first place? If they can rely on these dumps after the token sale, there is no incentive anymore to really invest in the ICO.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: